Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AECConstruction DocumentationRicoh Theta Z1RobotsSpotWalk

SpotWalk Robot>Autonomous 360 Reality Capture to Construction Documentation10542

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: SpotWalk Construction Progress Documentation on Autopilot Powered by HoloBuilder and Boston Dynamics | | Video courtesy of HoloBuilder YouTube Channel (19 November 2019)

Hi All,

Imagine a walking robot mashup with a Ricoh Theta Z1 360º camera on autopilot for weekly construction documentation.

"SpotWalk, the first of its kind robotic 360° construction progress documentation solution for Boston Dynamics' Spot robot! Co-developed in a great product partnership, the integration with Spot enables the robot, equipped with a 360° camera, to walk your job site, autonomously capturing 360° images more consistently than ever before and always at the same locations," says the HoloBuilder YouTube Channel.

"SpotWalk is a big leap forward towards maximum efficiency and data quality, enabled by the most reliable, consistent and easiest project documentation workflow to date, affording you with automatically captured, daily 360° construction photos!"

Source: HoloBuilder YouTube Channel

Full Press Release

PR Newswire (19 November 2019) HoloBuilder Announces Partnership with Boston Dynamics

Our space gets more exciting every day!

Embrace change and figure out how to make it work for you!

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
If you're interested in this type of automation here's white paper I found on this project, https://www.holobuilder.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/hensel_phelps_case_study_holobuilder.pdf

I'm still investigating and researching because I have an interest in not only VR but the Boston Dynamics robotic platform they're using.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ianx private msg quote post Address this user
If I had a pound for everything I’m ‘researching...!
Still, the Boston Dynamics videos are fun to watch so please mention anything you find that might be compelling viewing for (this) forum’s users. 🤯👍
Post 3 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
I'm already pretty round and don't need any more pounds that's for sure Stupid American comment?

A techie at heart and also in the software biz so I'm always trying to investigate "what's next?"
Post 4 IP   flag post
101436 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?