Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansInsta360 Pro 2Pro2Ricoh Theta Z1

Matterport floor plans if theta is included with other scans.10408

Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I am not sure if anyone knows off hand. If we add theta images to our normal scans with the matterport camera, for instance to fill in holes, or perhaps to use where there are mirrors, will that prevent you from being able to get floor plans?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
From Matterport they say yes (they do not support floorpans with any of the 360 cams)

However, I have had Siva kick out floor plans for me in the past he does great work & quick turn around times ~ he has even done floor plans from sketches for me

https://home3ds.com/how-to-works/2d-floor-plan/
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
If you scan with theta z1. Can you get floorplans ?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@Harrycayman Not from Matterport
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Siva from home3ds can do them from the Matterport tour link and turns them around in pretty short order. He can also do 3d floor plans or colorized floor plans depending on what your budget is ~ he has a pretty wide range of services
Post 5 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Just late last week, I had a support, chat session with Tim w/Matterport on this same topic. He acknowledged that the data is there to be able to produce floor plans, but because the accuracy of the data is 4%-8% inaccurate, MP is not willing to offer this as a product when using a supported 360 camera that is not a Matterport cam.

When I asked him why MP was willing to simply give this business away to 3rd parties, he simply reiterated that they don't/won't support it.

I gave him info concerning Home3DS, as well as Captur3d, who can also handle this, he took the info and we ended the chat.

Just one final point: If you want to incorporate actual measurements to get past the inaccuracy problem that will absolutely be present for both Home3DS and Captur3d, both will take your measurements and make the necessary edits to the final product so that you can assure your client the measurements can be used in their listings for room dimensions. Just know that this extra step will cost a few hours to turn the finished product around, so plan accordingly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
@bryanhscott Thanks that makes sense, appreciate the info.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch - go this route. Siva is Bad Ass!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?