Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CritiqueNewbies

Matterport Tour for Critique10386

DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @DanSmigrod for all the great resources and for suggesting these critiques!

I am pretty new to this field and recently shot a workshare space as a way to help a friend and also build my portfolio(tour here...

A couple issues we encountered:

1. They wanted to show the space in use, but privacy is of concern with their members who were working there. We actually didn't have any issues with this except for the fact that the office has TV monitors that highlight members who are working there. Unfortunately, the MP algorithms couldn't catch all the faces on the screens to blur them, so we had to go back and recapture the spaces while the TVs had a different display up. I think capturing on two different days helps create more "activity" by showing different people in a variety of settings, but that could have been problematic. I really hope we get the option to manually blur in the future!

2. The open central stairs created an issue during navigation - while moving up and down the stairs, the tour would skip through the railings and back to the main space. I solved this by marking the railings with window marks on both sides (one facing towards the stairs and one facing towards the main space). This prevents the tour from accidentally skipping through the railings and makes navigation easier. However, because the mid landing between 1st and 2nd floor is above the opening from the entry hall, those window markings now make it impossible to navigate between the main space and the entry hall. I'm going to try reprocessing this model by moving the scans on the stairs to the 2nd floor to see if that helps, but I'm not confident.

This tour is still a work in progress, but I thought I would throw this out there to see what suggestions others may have. Thank you for any and all critiques! Steel sharpens steel.

Best,
Doug
Post 1 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
Well, this is embarrassing (but in a good way, if that's possible). While checking that my link worked, I discovered that somehow issue #2 is no longer an issue! Just an hour ago while I was working on the tour, I could not move from the main space to the entry hall, but now that I tried it again, it works the way it is supposed to! Not sure how that magically started working properly, but it did. I'll take it.

Best,
Doug
Post 2 IP   flag post
101428 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?