Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DisclaimerExercise RoomInsta360 Pro 2MirrorsRicoh Theta Z1Scanning

Can we remove the Matterport Camera in the Mirror-lined exercise room?10369

Sandiemcr private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport Cameraman is shooting amenities of condo units, and the exercise room is lined with mirrors. Is there a way of not having the camera show up in all of the 360s? Do we have a blur tool or another means of eliminating it in the shots? The amenities are being done by 360s only and this room is completely lined by mirrors on all walls.
Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
No, there is no way to remove the camera.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'm curious if there is a way in post production to do it|? Gary seems to think he read it here somewhere that there was a way. I don't recall seeing anything, but thought I'd ask.
Thanks
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Sandiemcr If you switch cameras and use one of the supported 360 cams like the Insta360, Theta V or the Z1 you might be able to position the smaller camera in way where it isn't visible or at the least less visible

I would recommend either of the Ricoh's over the Insta360 however. the noise on the Insta in the Matterport work environment is atrocious. the Z1 would be my recommendation for 360 cameras it's close to Pro1 quality
Post 4 IP   flag post
PWIMAGING private msg quote post Address this user
I've done several of these and up front have told the clients that there will be a camera in some of the mirrors. This hadn't been a deal breaker at all
I do try and limit the camera being in full view, but not much you can do.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@PWIMAGING I have a disclaimer in my checklist that is sent out prior to shooting any property

Post 6 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
Embrace the camera in the reflection, as in make the camera look good in the mirror.

Do it with purpose...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
Put a hoodie and leggings on the camera and tripod. Nobody will notice . Sorry I could not resist
Post 8 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
🤣🤣🤣 don't forget the wig...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
At this point and probably forever you cannot edit the image in a Matterport tour. You can blur a face using AI, which really sucks.(You have no control) If you where transferring the tour to google maps, you could upload the tour to something like pano2vr and then edit out the camera. Your best bet is the Theta z1 with an monopod.

I would also consider hiring some down and out fitness actors and use them as models in front of the camera so you cant see the camera. You could up-sell that.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you everyone for your responses... levity appreciates too
Post 11 IP   flag post
101436 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?