Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneDrone Photography

What drone(s) should I look at for getting started with Drone photography?10356

Samkhalil private msg quote post Address this user
What drone(s) should I look at for getting started with real estate drone photography?

I am a Real Estate Broker and a near future service provider , I am Learning right now and want to be prepared to do a one Solution complete marketing package to my clients. I prefer quality over price and I am working on my FAA Part 107 ….
Post 1 IP   flag post
Sarnia, Canada
June private msg quote post Address this user
DJI Mavic Zoom with the Smart Controller
Post 2 IP   flag post
FlightMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@Samkhalil you can't go wrong with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.
Easy to fly, loads of extra presets to help you fly like point of interest, etc.The craft is solid in winds up to 25/30mph.
DJI editing with DJIGO4 is excellent to use and the colours for the Hasselblade software side is huge.
If you have a computer big enough it videos 4k at 60fps and think my photo sizes are around 10meg per file which is large (20mp)
Worth a look. Al
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I primarily fly the DJI Mavic pro 2 which is a solid drone. DJI however is getting ready to release a new drone on Wednesday to replace the spark. It is supposed to have decent specs & come in just under 250 grams which is under the weight limit for registration in the US and is supposed to have a base price of about $400 fly more kit will probably bring it up to about $600 or so
Post 4 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Mavic 2 Pro. And maybe with the DJI remote.
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I have used DJI Mavic, I liked it but bought an Autel EVO just as easy to fly, great photos. It does not have the 360 photo app like DJI has, but the has most other capabilities. I based my decision to buy Autel on flying both and when I was ready to buy the Autel EVO price was way better. On sale for $1000 included 3 batteries, case and controller. Very easy to fly and use. Just my opinion.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@ron0987 without highjacking the thread is it true Autel do not have the GEO Fencing in other words no restrictions it will take off and fly anywhere.
Thanks Al
Post 7 IP   flag post
No not at all the government registered drones can get a user code to by pass the restriction, but with mine I have a 400 foot restriction and mine i cannot fly in restricted no fly zones. If you don't set the settings like I choose not to if you do certain function it appears to go off uncontrolled. I did not set the high restriction on the return to home. I hit the button and though it was gone. I was able to override the function within seconds. So I have had no issues. It works great.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@ron0987 I know when DJI released the mavic 2 range opinions with some were they were going to wait because DJI was adding GEO fencing and the Autel didn't have it, wondered if this was true, that's all thank you back to topic. Al
Post 9 IP   flag post
Samkhalil private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by June
DJI Mavic Zoom with the Smart Controller

I tried to look for Mavic but they have so many models, kind of confusing!
is it Mavic 2 Pro,Mavic 2 Zoom & DJI Goggles RE, Mavic Pro Platinum.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
In the Mavic line-up

Both of the Mavic 2's are solid drones

The Mavic 2 Pro has the larger 1" Hasselblad sensor

The Mavic 2 Zoom has an optical zoom

The Pro Platinum is the older model

The smart controller integrates a screen into the controller so, you do not have to use your phone or a tablet for viewing

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Samkhalil I currently have 8 drones in the fleet including both of the Mavic 2 Pro's honestly these two see the most flight time. I also have 4 phantoms, an Inspire, & a Spark. I will most likely be retiring my Spark for the new speculated Mavic Mini that is suppose to be announced on Wednesday
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Mavic Mini should be in my hands on Friday

Post 13 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch please post a few photos when you try it out and up date on how it preforms.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
will do. I ordered some ND Filters as well however they will not be here until Christmas (slow boat from china)

I know that they will push the drone over the 250gram limit but, Part 107 requires you to license ALL drones used for commercial use (anything for money)
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987

Here is some unedited footage on a gloomy windy day directly off of the SD card pulled out of the Mavic Mini it is a pretty remarkable little bird.

Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Mavic 2 Pro. And maybe with the DJI remote.

This remote is ridiculously expensive. You can get Xiaomi Mi Max 2 phone brand new for less than $200 USD and use it with a regular DJI controller. I am using it for my Mavic Pro and I guarantee it runs DJI Go very smoothly.
Plus it has a big 6.44" screen and great as a smartphone with a fantastic battery capacity.

If you are not a fun of DJI drones like I am you can get Yuneec Typhoon H models. All of them(apart from commercial h520 and h920 models) should have panorama mode, while they are cheaper and more stable drones(they are hexes which adds more redundancy) for less than DJI go wants for DJI Mavic Pro 2. Here is their H480 model that will be the cheapest. As you can see the controller has a 7" built in screen and the whole controller system based on Android.
http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=352709844767&category=179697&pm=1&ds=0&t=1565145071000&ver=0

There are also H, H Plus, H Pro models which are similar to h480 but they are more expensive.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Wingman I have an iPad mini 4 that I am using as a screen form my Mavic's. While I do have a vision controller for the Phantom 4 and a CrystalSky. I use the iPad mini 4 for day to day use on the smaller birds. My Mavic 2 Pro see's the most flight time these day just do to its size and portability now that I have the Mavic Mini I see carrying it as a backup or B drone
Post 18 IP   flag post
San Francisco
Jwbuckl private msg quote post Address this user
I am with @lilnitsch in recommending the Mavic 2 Pro as the day-to-day workhorse. The camera is surprisingly good, the flight time is great and the range is excellent. It takes about as much space in a camera bag as a DSLR with a decent lens.

I find that the MP2 is replacing some use of my larger Inspire 2 drone on art photography shots. Hasselblad and DJI did something right with this little drone.

Here is an example of a panorama shot from the MP2 recently over San Francisco. clickable text
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
I have an iPad mini 4 that I am using as a screen form my Mavic's.

Sure when you have something you can use it is better rather than spending extra.
I know that some ipads are compatible but older versions are still no match for this phone.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwbuckl
I am with @lilnitsch in recommending the Mavic 2 Pro as the day-to-day workhorse. The camera is surprisingly good, the flight time is great and the range is excellent. It takes about as much space in a camera bag as a DSLR with a decent lens.

If the size is a big factor, Mavic Pro is not bad. But it barely should be considered as a good drone for commercial work. This is just a good but expensive pro-consumer drone with a good camera. If you get involved in commercial drone operations you will see that you will start losing jobs just because of the tool you are using. Some construction companies won't even let you on their size with a quadcopter and they want at least a hex. The reason for it is redundancy and whether a Mvic will drop like a brick losing one prop while a hex can even finish a job with one prop/motor fault.

If you are using a drone just for taking pictures and videos, want a small size and do not want to pay extra just for a brand then Mavic series drones are not bad.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
an iPad mini 4 is really reasonable these days

Post 22 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Jwbuckl I find that the inspires rarely come out these days unless it is a really good paying gig as
I like a spotter, pilot, & a camera operator with the inspire 2 raw
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Wingman that being said I am not arguing the need for larger drones such as something like a matrice however this post was for someone looking to start out with. In that frame of mind starting out with something like a Spark, Mavic Mini, or a better DJI product would be more than sufficient assuming the proper part 107 was acquired for commercial work. Much larger drones aren't required unless you are doing much larger jobs or geo-technical type jobs
Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Jwbuckl the Mavic Mini is proving to be an excellent little "B" drone in real world use I am seeing 20+ minutes of air time and 2.7k is sufficient for a lot of work

Cons

no manual control over video setting at this time & no pano options currently available (range is surprisingly decent)
Post 25 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch thank you for the link actually looks good for the overall price and size.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@ron0987 for what it is and the fact it now comes with a controller in it's base configuration (I would still do the fly more combo) it is a remarkable little drone for basic photography and lite video work.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
obviously larger more "pro" drones are going to provide more flexibility in editing options but for starting out this is a practical little drone. Please keep in mind that it's weight limit does not negate the FAA "Part 107" for commercial usage as any drone used for commercial use (money) is regulated and therefore requires the drone to be registered and the pilot to be "Part 107" licensed
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@Wingman that being said I am not arguing the need for larger drones such as something like a matrice however this post was for someone looking to start out with.

That's why I have mentioned Typhoon H models. They are bigger than Mavic pro but they may beat it in many aspects and specially a price. And they come with as good cameras as on DJI drones. And you can even swap a camera with a better model, put a thermal camera instead and use it for more complicated jobs.

It is not for a purpose of arguing which one is better I just want to let others know that they are drones that as good as DJI ones for this type of jobs but they are cheaper even though they come with more features such as extra two motors and a controller with built in screen.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Wingman for a starting out drone though, it is really hard to argue with the price and quality of what you get with this new little Mavic Mini. Especially, with a fly more combo
Post 30 IP   flag post
101641 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?