Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceFloor Plans

Create full Schematic Floor Plans from Matterport 360 Scan10339

SNFmarkerting private msg quote post Address this user
I understandthat I cannot order for plans for mediport if I created the tour using a regular 360 camera. However, a client is requesting this and I'm looking for a workaround to generate the floor plan from my matterport tour.

TYIA
Post 1 IP   flag post
newengland3d private msg quote post Address this user
Contact Siva Alexander @ homes3ds.com.
Post 2 IP   flag post
justinv private msg quote post Address this user
You can get the same floor plan with your cell phone! It takes less than 10 minutes to scan and about 24 hours to have them back in my experience.

https://www.cubi.casa/
Post 3 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
I 2nd @justinv's post. The process is easy and fast! The user account interface, for purposes of editing (or requesting edits), has a very short learning curve.

The measurement accuracy is off from actual by a margin that is larger than your Matterport cam. I found some measurements to be close, but more often than not, they were off (high or low) by 3%+.
So, if I am shooting for an agent wanting more exact measurements, I will bring my infrared measuring tool and take measurements, then request Cubi.Casa make the mods for my finished files. This takes a few hours longer turn time, but it allows the agent to use my measurements for their MLS listing room dimensions.

FYI - You will want to scan the entire space (all floors and adjoining, outside decks and porches, if needed) in one long scan, because if you break it up into one scan per floor (for example), Cubi.Casa will charge you a separate charge per scan.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you for the info. Is there a way to do this once the Matterport scan is complete and I'm no longer on site?
Post 5 IP   flag post
The "no longer on site" portion of the question is the kicker.

Cubi.Casa and their process is independent from Matterport and, as a result, requires a 2nd trip through the property to use their iPhone app (apparently, Android is coming) to scan the property, then upload to the Cubi.Casa system for processing.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinv
You can get the same floor plan with your cell phone! It takes less than 10 minutes to scan and about 24 hours to have them back in my experience.

https://www.cubi.casa/

The challenge for me is that I only have the matterport scan and I need to create the floor plan from there.

Here's the link https://my.matterport.com/models/X6ucRjhzZ5a
Post 7 IP   flag post
@SNFmarkerting FYI, the link provided is not accessible. My guess is that the space is not yet published, or public as a result.

If a return trip to the property is not doable, as was suggested above by @newengland3d, I would check with a company like Homes3DS.com and see if they can generate floor plans from your space, despite the fact there is no depth data if shot with a regular 360 camera.

Another thought is to contact Dee (Customer Support Queen, formerly with Matterport) and see if she has any ideas on how this might be accomplished. Before she went to work with Cubi.Casa, I suspect she did lots of research on the various solutions before she opted for employment there and may be a good resource for something like this.

Another good resource will be Alex at Captur3d. Like Homes3DS, they can take your drawing, or in this case your MP space, and create a floor plan from it, and, if you give them collaborator access from within Workshop, they can probably handle it very quickly. So, contact them as well.

Finally, I'm no expert, but if your existing space has no depth data, there will be no way to even use the measurement tool within Matterport Workshop. Without this info, someone will need to put a tape measure on enough of the space to be able to scale the drawing to provide measurements for the floor plan. If you do not need room dimensions, then one of the above mentioned companies may find it easier to create your floor plan from the existing Matterport space.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thanks, @bryanhscott for that full response. I really appreciate that. Here's is the public link to the MP space, clickable textthis should work now.

I was able to get the measurements from the measuring tool in MP and I'm trying to create a floor plan using the RoomSketcher. Hopefully, this can work for me.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@newengland3d can you send me her contact info?
Post 10 IP   flag post
So here's the end of the story. I spend lots of time trying to create a floor plan from the dimension of the MP scan which IS available even from a regular 360 camera (I'm using the Insta 360 One X). In the end I used Siva at Home3ds.com and they sent me an awesome floor plan for just $10!

Here's the link to the MP scan and here's the floor plan.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@SNFmarkerting Glad this turned out the way intended! Homes3DS did a great job on the floor plans and what a great lead by @newengland3d!

Question: How accurate are the measurements to actual? Is this property close enough to wherever you are to measure even just a few rooms to compare? I, for one, would be interested in knowing the answer for future reference.

Also, did Homes3DS access your MP space through workshop for the measurements? Any details on how they accomplished this would be helpful.

Given the measurement data, regardless of accuracy, is somehow in Workshop, I am forced to wonder why MP does not offer floor plans when the space is shot by 360 cameras? If Homes3DS can do it, why not MP?
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?