Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Virtual Reality

Photos-MUG Members Geek-Out with New Gear VR1026

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Our new Samsung Gear VR ($99) and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge arrived this week.

Now our team will have the above and our Samsung Gear VR Innovation Edition paired with our Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to use for a demo at the Atlanta Tech Village Holiday Showcase on Wednesday (9 Dec 2015).

Plus sweet to see in the Matterport VR Showcase app the We Get Around Showcase VR we captured of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta.

Post the geekiest photo of you wearing a Gear VR in this thread and a line or two about a demo opportunity ...

Happy holidays,

Dan

Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Have you discovered a way to screencast the VR display to a monitor so that others can see the dual screen version of what the headset user is looking at?

I've tried chromecast but haven't been successful.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

While I was successful with Chromecast, I do not / will not do that for demos or presentations.

I would rather have someone experience VR for the first time describe the experience for the audience - live - unscripted.

The simulcast sub-tracts value from describing the experience.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod

I agree that there's no substitute... I was just thinking about using my contacts at the local tv station to put me on air (I used to do a weekly real estate segment for them which was paid advertising for me... they should be willing to put me in a human interest story pro bono). I thought having the chromecast playing in the background would at least give viewers who aren't present something to look at.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

I respectively disagree about simulcasting. VR is so different than a projection on TV, that I would rather leave it to the imagination hearing someone else experience Matterport VR for the first time.

The "feels like you are there" is not obvious when viewed outside of a great VR experience.

Hope you end up on TV talking about what you are doing in VR.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Here's our VR demo opportunity this Wednesday

In lieu of simulcasting, we are looping this 4 minute video on a big screen TV
Post 6 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
just got informed by Matterport that to transform a standard tour to VR compatibility, they ask $500 per tour, it's kind of Crazy if this new technology won't be accessible to everyone (photographer and customers)
How do you convince customers to go to gear VR at this price ?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@joelE

Matterport VR solution will make sense at the price you set when you can show your clients how it will help them:

1. win new listings
a. competitive advantage
b. differentiate their marketing plan
2. get more buyer leads
3. get more seller leads

If you are taking with an agent about VR after they got the listing, you are too late. Except for savvy agents/brokers that think long-term and see the big picture, the answer will always be about spending the least about of $$$ to sell the house. And, the house will likely sell regardless of their marketing plan.

Find the tech savvy agents in your market.

Plus, the bigger opportunity for VR is outside of residential real estate. Think business-to-business (B2B) when the sales person brings the VR tour with him or her to see a client.

Others that care to comment on this topic?

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
I definitely see the benefits, in real estate and corporate of course, but as always (or often ) customers don't want to pay that amount.
But you're right that with approach at begining to show the potential, price could be arrange at that time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
where did you buy the Samsung Gear VR ?
Apparently out of stock at Amazon, and not available yet at BH
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@joelE

I bought the latest Gesr VR at Amazon before it went wait list...

I try to buy everything with two day Amazon Prine shipping.

Our VR Gesr shopping list. http://www.we-get-around.com/wegetaround-atlanta-our-blog/2015/7/4/matterport-vr-showcase-beta-gear-accessories-shopping-list

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
I think one of the biggest markets for VR will be in the travel industry.

Imagine if there were VR headsets in a travel agency and you could do a virtual walkthrough of different resorts to decide which one you wanted to see in person.

I'm not opposed to being paid to scan resort destinations.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Queen_City_3D

I'm there! Actually I'm here. It's like I am there even though I am here. Be there? Be there! I'm ready to ...

Get There Before I Go (TM)

Okay. Too much egg nog.

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
for those who plan such project (hotel etc..) it's what I plan too, how will you manage the limit of 200 panos ?
in such places, could become more and more.
I know we can split and add new tour linked, but not sure if it's perfect solution (perhaps the only one at the moment)
Post 14 IP   flag post
same for mall and big commercial centers
Post 15 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod, is there a way to connect a TV or monitor to the Samsung Gear VR while someone is testing ?
It could be nice to show to other people what the person is seeing, even if it's not 3D
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@joelE

Please see this MUG Forum thread about simulcasting Gear VR --->Big Screen ...

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/thread/411

Dan
Post 17 IP   flag post
I saw you chose the Galaxy S6 Edge, is there any difference with the note 5 for our specific VR use with the Samsung Gear ?
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@joelE

While we bought the Galaxy S6 Edge for the "cool" factor -- when we show a client that there's a phone in there -- it's likely that the Note 5 may be a better choice.

My impression there is a small amount of 'light leak" because of the Edge curve.

When we buy our next paired units, I will go with the Note 5.

If you get the Note 5 - or someone else is using a Note 5 - please comment ...

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
I see on BH that next delivery of Gear VR is january only, so will have to wait.
I will probably participate to a show in Montreal so hope I could have this demo set up for my booth (in March)
Post 20 IP   flag post
101436 20 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?