Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AppleNewsRobert ScobleSpatial Computing

Must Read Article by Robert Scoble on Spatial Computing Meets Apple10156

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

This is a must read article today by Robert Scoble on Spatial Computing Meets Apple:

✓ LinkedIn (19 September 2019) Will Apple Behave Differently When It Launches Its Spatial Computing Devices? Will it go first or last?

Here's a brief taste from Robert's commentary and insight:

"There is a new paradigm coming. It will arrive in full force by 2025."

"It is Spatial Computing."

"Computing that you, a robot, or a virtual being, can move through."

"Some think it's ambient computing. That's a piece. Some think it's augmented reality. That's a piece. Some think it's virtual reality. That's a piece. Those all fit under the spatial computing tent."

Source: Robert Scoble on LinkedIn

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic article. THANK YOU, Dan. Privacy is the key which Apple holds.

I started computing before the PC was born in 1981. Can't remember the first machine I used which was gifted to me by a friend who was moving up to something else, but I know it was pre-PC. My first purchased machine was 1983, the first "portable PC" which was made by Compaq. $2,995. Here's a photo.

It was 35 lbs, two 5" floppies, no internal hard drive, about the weight of a 5-gallon bottle of water, and only classified as "portable" for two reasons: (1) it had a handle and (2) it was literally designed to the maximum dimensions you could carry onto a commercial airliner. I did this several times, praying the machine would never be "bumped" into the luggage hold - from which it would never survive the conveyors and abuse. On one trip, I was told it had to be put under the plane. I paused, looked at the uniformed airline employee with a forlorn face and pleaded "My boss will fire me if I don't carry this on." She waved me past. Everyone's had a boss like that. She never knew the boss was made up.

I stayed in the PC world with its MS-DOS until 1990 when Apple released its first portable, the Powerbook 170. It had a black and white screen (not grayscale, I mean Black and White pixels). I still own it, in fact two as my wife and I each had one - $3,500 each mind you, in 1990 dollars. Anyone interested? We still have both and they work, though playing low-tech Tetris is about the best use.

I've been on Apple ever since. I missed the evolution of MS-DOS to Windows and everything else non-Apple. And I have to concur with this article. One of the top reasons to be on Mac is that the company makes money without selling your data to advertisers. Worth thinking about as AI grows more powerful. Amazon uses your data internally and, I suppose, sells it. Facebook would collapse financially overnight if it didn't sell your data - they have nothing else to generate income.

Great article, Dan. A lot for us to think about.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101432 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?