Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DClaims ManagementInsurance ClaimsPLNARPLNAR SnapSnap

PLNAR SNAP App brings virtual interior property claims to life10119

bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email announcement on a new product offered by PLNAR for purposes of filing loss claims on the part of the claimant. Instead of sending out an adjuster, the insurance co just hooks up the claimant to the PLANAR app and they handle DIY with their own smartphone. No MSP job security here.

https://plnar.ai/

An excerpt from the email announcement:

"Introducing Plnar Self-Service for Interior Property Claims

SNAP is the latest release of plnar's digital desk platform. The SNAP self-service app makes capturing the context of interior properties and damage as easy as taking photos with a smartphone. From homeowners and gig workers to inspectors and field adjusters, now anyone can document interior property damage in a SNAP."
Post 1 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a pretty cool combination of technologies packaged to solve a real business problem. Well done.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott

WOW! This is super-exciting.

Competition will help exponentially grow the demand for all 3D modeling in the insurance/claims/restoration space. Not every fire or flood claim is a DIY customer shoot.

Please see these related WGAN Forum discussions:

11 Opportunities for MSPs with Water/Fire Mitigation-Restoration-Insurance
51 Ways Matterport Helps with Mitigation, Restoration & Insurance Documents
6 Videos: Matterport for Insurance & Restoration
Matterport, EMC Insurance Companies Partner/Loss Control-Claims Management

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott

BTW, I could imagine PLNAR seeking out 3D/360º virtual tour photographers to use the PLNAR SNAP app ala Zillow 3D Home app.

Just because we see using the PLNAR SNAP app as super-easy, doesn't mean that a stressed out fire/flood damage homeowner will be willing - or able to - do this themselves.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@bryanhscott
@Tosolini

Just had a nice chat with PLNAR CEO Andy Greff. He's excited reading the discussion here

[PLNAR has raise $4.1 million over four rounds including 20 August 2019 to (first) tackle the insurance claims space before moving into other verticals.]

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I don't suppose he divulged any tactical info about which space(s) is(are) next in their 12-36 month forecasting? Also, any discussion about synergies? Did they develop this tech to answer specific demands from the insurance biz, or did one of their gurus just have a "light-bulb" moment?

BTW - I agree with one of your last posts about tech like this creating more demand. I also subscribe to the other thought that regardless of the ease some might have with DIY, due to the nature of the claim and the demands that result, pros are still needed even with SNAP. Sort of reminds me of self-checkout vs. full-on checker at the grocery store. Some can and won't. Others can't and don't.

Speaking of the next shoe to drop concerning pushing DIY tech further towards the Customer, have you heard of a product called, "Arsenal?" For some that aren't consummate shutter bugs with their DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras, I ran across this the other day and had to buy one:

https://witharsenal.com/

This thing is smart enough to dumb down camera settings for folks who have very little experience. Might make it easier to hire field personnel that don't have a lot of still photo experience.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
This is good. I’ve tried working with adjusters who just don’t get technology. They want to take photos and measure with a tape ahhhhhhh so frustrated
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhscott
@DanSmigrod I don't suppose he divulged any tactical info about which space(s) is(are) next in their 12-36 month forecasting?

We did not discuss ...

Quote:
Also, any discussion about synergies?

We did not discuss.Quote:
BTW - I agree with one of your last posts about tech like this creating more demand. I also subscribe to the other thought that regardless of the ease some might have with DIY, due to the nature of the claim and the demands that result, pros are still needed even with SNAP. Sort of reminds me of self-checkout vs. full-on checker at the grocery store. Some can and won't. Others can't and don't.

We discussed that we can source a 3D/360º photographer anywhere - for their prospects that would prefer to engage a Pro rather than ask the (distressed) homeowner.

Quote:
Did they develop this tech to answer specific demands from the insurance biz, or did one of their gurus just have a "light-bulb" moment?

Quote:
Speaking of the next shoe to drop concerning pushing DIY tech further towards the Customer, have you heard of a product called, "Arsenal?" For some that aren't consummate shutter bugs with their DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras, I ran across this the other day and had to buy one:

https://witharsenal.com/

Quote:
This thing is smart enough to dumb down camera settings for folks who have very little experience. Might make it easier to hire field personnel that don't have a lot of still photo experience.

Wow! That's a cool gadget/software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycayman
This is good. I’ve tried working with adjusters who just don’t get technology. They want to take photos and measure with a tape ahhhhhhh so frustrated

Yup! My wife and I experienced three unrelated floods in our home. The general contractor, insurance adjusters and floor covering vendor loved my Matterport 3D Tour of the house, floor plans (and I explained the data files.) But, continued to hand measure. Collectively, they said something like, "I could see the next generation using this."

Hi All,

Other thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101704 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?