Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCupixDownload PhotosMatterportProblemsScans

Download My Original Matterport Scans10082

SNFmarkerting private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

Here's what I'm trying to do. I did a full Matterport tour of a nursing home and I now want to import those 360 photos into cupix to add additional functionality to them (blurring sensitive info etc.)

I'm aware that I can take 360 photos of my matterport space and then download them to my computer, however, I'm looking for a way to download the original photos that I took and download directly to my computer.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated

Thank you!!!

Shmuel
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
You can only download a lower res 2K version of Matterport panos. In Matterports infinite wisdom they will not let you download the original scans. That is one of the reasons I have moved on from Matterport. It is really a shame because the camera does produce a very fine image. They want you locked into their ecosystem.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab ZIP IT! tool powered by WP3D Models

@SNFmarkerting

"Original Photos" = Matterport SnapShots?

If so, the fastest way is:

βœ“ Use ZIP IT! tool powered by WP3D Models. ZIP IT! generates a ZIP File of your Matterport SnapShots.

It's free for WGAN Forum Members. Simply Private Message me with the Subject Line: ZIP IT! Promo Code

You can also download the Matterport SnapShots in Matterport Workshop 3.0. Please see the videos below (from the WGAN-TV Training U).

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 3 of 5 Short Story #646- Downloading Snapshots with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 3 of 5 Short Story #647- Selecting Multiple Snapshots For Download with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@SNFmarkerting

If you are asking about an easy way to download all the 360ΒΊ photo spheres - each scan - in an automated way, I could imagine that Matterport has not included this option in their API.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I know only one way to get all scans as 360 in their original quality. If you publish a Matterport model to GSV through the Matterport cloud you can then download them back to your PC from Google using Pano2VR.

I have done it a few times in order to connect multiple tours together.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for sharing that workaround. How is the resolution of the images when you use this method?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
You can only download a lower res 2K version of Matterport panos. In Matterports infinite wisdom they will not let you download the original scans. That is one of the reasons I have moved on from Matterport. It is really a shame because the camera does produce a very fine image. They want you locked into their ecosystem.

Are you referring to taking 360-degree snapshots from the tour or downloading the actual scans?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNFmarkerting
Thanks for sharing that workaround. How is the resolution of the images when you use this method?

I have just checked a few from a Matterport model published to Google and then downloaded for adding an extra connection and for a backup on an external HDD.

They are pretty damn good with 8192x4096 pixels resolution. The ones from Theta V are 3 times smaller.

If Matterport has ever going to let us to get 360 from their Capture app directly I will probably stop using even my Theta Z1. Matterport ones are still much better than those coming from a Z1.

However keep in mind that I am using their Pro2 camera.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Has this free WP3D Models Zip! It tool been helpful to you?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
Why a two years old post shown up again?
Are there something new?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@JuMP

Yes. I have been getting many requests for the WP3D Models Zip! promo code. Not sure why, but figured I would make it easy for those new to the WGAN Forum to discover this tool.

Thanks for asking 😎

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod Thank you for telling us the requests of download panos is going big.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Is it the tool page?

https://tools.wp3dmodels.com/zip/

I cannot find much details on what you can actually download.
Dan, can you please share the code so I can try and see what it is.
Post 13 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod hi, can you please share the promo code ?
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ThinkLab

Just emailed the promo code to you.

Is this a helpful tool for you?

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
101421 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?