Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
APIEmbeddingMuseumsOpentable

Booking a table, not in a Skittles Factory Explosion ???9828

Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Forum,

I know we have touched on this subject a year or so ago. And I know some of the MSP will want this or is just plain frustrated that this has not been developed yet.

I have a group of clients and potential giants that want to onboard with my services, but today in the meeting the questions popped up again...

"Can we book a table in the tour???", well the answer is YES and NO.

Yes we can add 100 - 200 annotations hovering above the tables then link them to a table booking site per table nr, but this is as fun as chewing glass. Or have one booking link for all, that is stupid and defeats the purpose. Secondly, your tour will look like a skittles factory that exploded. And we don't have an option to add hotspots on the tables. That makes the "info-bubble" or Matterport text with link appear, will keep the tour looking clean and tidy. Or even a booking widget that pops up for that table.

NO, you cant book a table in the tour as it will click out to another window and not stay in the same window. NO you can't book that table you can only click book here link and it will take you to another website. So no is yes but you get the point.

Now let us get it today, that people are lazy and want convenience. It is not convenient clicking onto another webpage then selecting all the booking sections or entering information. The user experience needs to be more simple and easy. 1. Hover over a table, 2. Info bubble pops up with info 3. Select date and time 4. shows booked or available 5. If available click book now or automatically opens whats app and connects to the restaurant with your information ready to book. This is just a basic example.

Do any of you have a solution or developing something that will work with Matterport or is there another camera solution that will be offering this? As I know Mattreport will not as they can't to take out the blown-out windows or do color correction, even develop a system where we can edit the Panos or the camera out of mirrors.

Let us hope there is a tech genius in this forum or someone that can help develop this, if so please inbox me.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard

If there is a restaurant booking app here, then you could do what you described above. (Matterport MatterTags can use embed.ly integrations.)

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod Thanks. The problem is a lot of restaurants use different booking software or apps. So it plugging into that. Secondly, need to not let the tour look like a skittles factory. Clients don't want a single booking button or annotation in the tour. They want people to either book that specific table or section.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Gerhard

Would MPEmbed Premium be helpful? You can organize the MatterTags.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod I will tinker with it again and see what comes off it. But the clients also want it white-labeled and self-hosted. So it makes it more complicated.

I checked embedly but don't see any reservation programs on it.

Ideally what will also look better from a user experience is the annotations only shows up on a set viewpoint on the screen so everything else does not show only when you scan your view over they appear. But again can only wish. But let us leave them to sell more cameras and not focus on R&D. Because that is why you raise funds for a company to do more sales and not make the product more awesome and create demand. But what do I know?

Little rant as it has been very calm these past weeks....

This new update is also going to make a chilled evening into a long evening as the app store decided to update thanks Apple. And got the dreaded message. !@#$%ˆ&*(*&ˆ%$#@#$%ˆ& ... Wish we can get an email days before telling us that there is an update coming or any form of communication, how to run a successful company 101 - communicate!!! Just like when they changed the pricing structure overnight. I have still not touched the Kool-Aid, and wonder what next surprize is awaiting on us. But let us be positive and do the 100 million scans, I just don't know what to tell clients anymore. I am thinking of dumping all my tours on the clients and give them accounts because I don't know what is going to happen when they turn off the lights one day. I don't want clients to sue me and it's putting me off on brining big clients on board that I have been working months on to close. So maybe by bringing more people in the ecosystem will help when the "suing starts". Because we need to ask these questions and get real answers. Not chasing up ghosts just had an interesting conversation today, and it really made me think hard and long. And this is where GEOCV is going to overtake them by the speed of smell.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Don't Drink the Kool Aid - For your long evening listening. Sorry buddy

Sorry, I couldn't be of any help with the remainder of this post. My vote would be Mpembed if the highlights could be listed with no skittle factory. Or make 3dVista tours when grandpa dies and see if Matterport ever comes around in the next decade when they realize people in restaurants and night clubs are the people with new money showing off, taking selfies, using hashtags and advertising spaces on their social media and don't even realize they're doing it. People who could share with others - a Matterport tour.

The rest of this is a sympathy rant on Mattertags and how my friend @Gerhard has potential customers who aren't ready to hit the order button. Matterport gets infused and hasn't innovated much with all the cash infusions to create demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
your tour will look like a skittles factory that exploded
- The current Mattertag system has been time consuming project every time I pitch it. Nobody will buy it outright, but are open to getting it for free. The Skittle Factory is the best way to describe the result.

Restaurants, nightclubs and other points of interest use numbers to name their systems. In some cases I am surprised to see zero innovation in Mattertags over the years. No flat numbering system to place on a table, no ability to insert our own icons and no new icons introduced. Even if I leave a number on the table, people looking to reserve are not taking notes on a sticky-pad for which table number they want.

Why not auto triggering of hotspots or any other editing abilities?

3DVista can offer AutoTriggers of hotspots.

Quote:
Now let us get it today, that people are lazy and want convenience.
- Our clients see a kaleidoscope of colors, point their noses in the air and refuse to order the service. They don't see anything clean - so they're confused and so will their customers. No fishing line and baited hook to reel in.

Quote:
that is why you raise funds for a company to do more sales and not make the product more awesome and create demand.
- This one eats me up every day I continue to use this product.

Wanna get to 10,000,000 Models?

15,000,000 restaurants in the world...Just saying.

Possibly Aim for a third of those to get 1/2 way to your the goal.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is probably not what you are looking for but the only way I see it working without tags is to scan with a table number staying on each table. Then you can explain in the details section providing a phone number for reservation that a viewer can call the phone and quote a table number they want to reserve.

More automated system would be through tags and some specific page on a restaurant website where you can pass a table number as a URL parameter in a link from a tag. For example you can create a link in a tag for a table number 10 that looks like www.restaurant.com/reservation.aspx?tableID=10. Then on the restaurant website page for reservation this number will be extracted from URL and feeded into a reservation form that customers will need to add extra details to before reservation can be made.

It could be possible within Matterport if they would have provided a way to load html pages into their tags but at this point links to html pages stay as links only and redirect to actual pages through creating a new tab in your internet browser.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
The current Mattertag system has been time consuming project every time I pitch it. Nobody will buy it outright, but are open to getting it for free. The Skittle Factory is the best way to describe the result.

Matterport has actually doen something recently or at least told us something that simplifies Mattertag creation workflow a lot.
Check the following thread for it with my last two comments there

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/9800/page/1/tip-how-to-use-the-elevator-button-to-go-to-the-next-floor-u-key/#3

Without this feature I would always push a big client with a lot of Mattertags to DIY charging them around $50 just to create a collaborator account rather than doing it myself for $15/tag. However with this great addition most of the complications of doing something like this in great numbers have been gone now as my client can point that way exactly where a tag should be placed. Now I am more than happy to do it for them considering all links to spots for tags, media and text is provided.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?