Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MLSProblems

Which 3D Tour Platforms are compliant with this MSL Requirement?9309

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Which 3D Tour Platforms are compliant with this MSL Requirement?

Sounds Matterport is not an option because of the Terms of Service link within the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @3SevensStudio
@Wingman Yes the MLS is a closed system, that all realtors who list properties have to use. They have a lot of rules of what you cant and can do. Here is the exact wording from our local MLS
"Virtual Tour Requirements: The only Web link you may include with a listing is for an unbranded virtual tour. The tour may not link out to any other site. No other links to any other Web site will be accepted in any field, including Media Uploads, Public Remarks and Agent Remarks. NorthStar MLS will issue a $100 fine for the violation, $500 for a second violation and then doubled for each subsequent violation up to a maximum fine of $2,000."

@VTLV @DanSmigrod Yes our MLS people are a pain, and they are pretty diligent about catching that kind of stuff, so I would be uncomfortable providing my clients with a VT that I know there is a chance they could get fined for it down the road and then it causes a chain reaction on all the other VTs that I took the chance on and sent like that and then I'm left scrambling to fix it or explain the problem after the fact and give it to them how I should of in the first place. Easier to just not take the chance and explain upfront why they cant have the same VT for MLS.

Overall I'm just disappointed that I can't provide this as an option to my relators for MLS use because it is a really cool feature.

I saw this discussion in this WGAN Forum topic:

Any Way Matterport Will Fix Tags & Realtor MLS use Issue Soon

Dan

---
Post 1 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
You should call them directly. If what you are saying was the case they they can’t use virtual tours at all unless they upload the video to the mls server and used a url from the mls and they certainly won’t do that. What they mean is that the url has to be unbranded. So the Matterport url and virtual tour makers websites or YouTube are legal so long as the YouTube channel is of the virtual tour service. I’m posting now then going to your mls to find examples. I was an Idx vendor for over 130 mls boards across the country for over 20 years so I am not pontificating. However I will come back and post more later

****crisis averted****
You can use Matterport url and if you are a premium property marketing provider you can use your url provided the media url you out into the mls is unbranded and nothing it linking to the listing agent. I went to sites that had Northstar MLS and I found the mls listing with virtual flour and a very nice listing website that was compliant

https://realestatetwincities.idxbroker.com/idx/details/listing/a020/4997586/294-Summit-Avenue-Saint-Paul-MN-55102

https://tours.spacecrafting.com/n-24aj

Feel safe you or your agent won’t get I. Trouble if you follow the rules. Also for other it’s always good to call an MLS to get clarification.
Post 2 IP   flag post
3SevensStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain We have and we have been told you can not have any links that bring you to another site or have the ability to bring you to another site. In other words nothing can take you away from the MLS site.

The first example seems to be a personal agents website which that's not my issue. The issue is when my client (the relator) puts it into the MLS system. The second example I do not see anywhere where I could navigate away from that page unlike with Matterport and their symbol in the bottom right hand corner.

Our local MLS office does catch stuff like that. Case in point 3 years ago we had an issue where a relator got fined $100 for one of our VTs because there was a VR symbol in the bottom right hand area that when you clicked on it, it brings up the box about the VR and what gear you need then the next 2 pages if has buttons to go to the App Store, Google Play or Oculus Store to get the app you need for VR. They had issue with that and fined the realtor for it, and in order for them to have caught this someone took the time opened the VT, saw the little symbol, clicked on it, and then scrolled through the 3 pages to see that there was links on the 2nd & 3rd page to go get the app needed for VR. I didn't even catch the symbol and what it did.

Now in order for me to have linked VT's of buildings on a property like I can with a Branded VT I have to use the unbranded links because MLS links WONT work because they block you from going to a different site. Except on the unbranded links in the bottom right hand corner is Matterport's logo and if you click on it, it will bring you to Matterport's website. With the past dealing we have had with our local MLS office I am uneasy using links that may get my clients fined, if someone catches it, cause if they catch it my clients will get fined for it.

I just want a way to be able to give my client the ability to have the same style of VT for MLS that I can provide with the Branded/Unbranded VTs and having them linked all together with Mattertags. Its a great way to show a huge property that has a Main House, Guest House, Boathouse, Bunkhouse, Gazebo, and Playhouse and be able to tour all 6 from essentially 1 VT link instead of 6 separate links which is what I have to do for the MLS.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
the first link is from a brokers site that put that in the MLS and is being syndicated....it is not coming from the website manually putting it in themselves. No worry I will call the MLS tomorrow and get them to email me so I can post here and DM you

As far as "In other words nothing can take you away from the MLS site" that is incorrect. NONE of the vitual tours are going to the MLS site.

"The first example seems to be a personal agents website which that's not my issue. The issue is when my client (the relator) puts it into the MLS system. " if you were to call the "agent" of the site I referenced they will tell you they put that url in the MLS and the MLS pushed it out (syndicated) to everywhere

" relator got fined $100 for one of our VTs because there was a VR symbol in the bottom right hand area that when you clicked on it, it brings up the box about the VR and what gear you need then the next 2 pages if has buttons to go to the App Store, Google Play or Oculus Store to get the app you need for VR." but this was in violation but then we get to the next point

Real Estate agents can be just as bad as photographers or webdesigners or [insert profession here] where if you are successful you are the target for every negative nelly that goes to great lengths to report them.

If you do it the way I showed you no one will get fined.

so make sure its unbranded fully, submit to MLS compliance department and get them to email you its compliant so you have a papertrail and you are all good. If they say not reach out to me as I have fought MLS boards for 20 years and won 90% of the time to the point they arent considered lunch anymore.

You are fine but to give you and your clients peace of mind talk to MLS compliance and get papertrail.
Post 4 IP   flag post
3SevensStudio private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain Thank you Glenn. I will reach out to the compliance department. I hope they will say that it is ok, but I could also see them being like no you cant use it because that stupid tiny, tiny little Matterport Symbol next to the help/terms in the bottom right corner can direct you to Matterports website to purchase their products. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the advice and for offering to let me reach back out to you should I get hassled about it. It is very much appreciated.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101641 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?