Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MPEmbedPasswordsWGAN Forum Membership Benefit of the Week

MPEmbed Premium Feature: Password Protection (Beta) for Matterport 3D Tours8687

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: MPEmbed Facebook Page

Hi All,

Here is another reason why MPEmbed is an essential tool for Matterport Service Providers:

MPEmbed added password protection (beta) for Matterport 3D Tours.

In this MPEmbed - Overlay for Matterport Showcase - Facebook post, @Metroplex360 writes:

MPEmbed now has password protected spaces for premium users. (BETA / Experimental)

1. Set a space to private in my.matterport.com.
2. Setup a collaborator account with view access to it.
3. Add the collaborator account login (email address) in Premium to the new 'password protection' option.

Be sure to logout of my.matterport.com completely when you test. If you ARE logged out, the window will have a black background. If you are logged in, the background will be the normal, expected thumbnail.

--

I am on the fence as to how I feel about the feature. I had an idea how to do this, I implemented it, I had to make a few compromises, and this is the result.

It's really not up to my own quality standards as I feel that it is a little bit goofy. There is no other way to do this..

I am curious to get some feedback as to how you feel about it. Does it do the job? Would you use this? Is it too weird? (it opens up two tiny pop-up windows for a split second ... which is something that I really do not like).

There are a few features missing: Minimaps no longer work; Mattertag Colors also cannot be detected. If you are testing this feature, please be aware that yes, certain features may not be working with it right now. This is an experiment at the moment.

How it Works / Privacy Statement -- At no time are passwords ever transmitted to MPEmbed, stored by MPEmbed, etc -- they are just sent directly to the login at Matterport which 'opens the gate' while the tour loads. When the tour is finished loading, a second request goes to Matterport to 'close the gate'.

Source: MPEmbed Facebook Page

---

What are your thoughts about MPEmbed Password Protection Beta?

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN Standard Members receive the free use of MPEmbed Premium Basic. (via WGAN Rebate)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like Matterport would make this(password protected) a viable option since it has been requested many times. It seems like GeoCV is so much more in tune with customer needs/wants and tries to fulfill them. I hate to slam Matterport because they have a great product but yet seem to miss the boat on these opportunities so often.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
MPEmbed's password protection is, I think, the only true way to password protect a space.

The only way to lock a space is to do it from my.matterport.com, therefore this piggyback's on that without using any hacking -- it simply launches a tiny window that logs in with the credentials that you type (never stored) and auto closes the window, then it logs out when the tour has loaded.

In building this, it has occurred to me that Matterport's solution for this is soooooo simple.

If there's a space that is private, then when you embed it, it should have a login box on there. Type in a valid login that has access to the space (Collaborator account) and you should be able to access the tour.

This is not rocket science and would require very little infrastructural work to setup.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Fast Start
Websites
Peterborough, United Kingdom
angusnorriss private msg quote post Address this user
I like it. I often get rejected by high-end luxury properties because they don’t want a tour publicly available and circulated.

This will combat that and give me a good counter response.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101740 4 4