Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business PlanMarketingScale the BusinessSubContract

How to Grow (and Thrive) as a Matterport Service Provider7339

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I could imagine that some of you have MANY Matterport Service Providers in YOUR market and you are experiencing race-to-the-bottom pricing.

Flip the Business Model

Have you thought about engaging the low-price Pros and having them publish to your Matterport account?

You make the difference between what you charge your Client and what you pay the MSP.

Are you already doing this?

Best,

Dan

P.S. There is an independent contractor's agreement for a second shooter/non-compete agreement in the WGAN Forum Sample Forms Library.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I came into this with a pre-existing clientele that I served. I imagine that it must be so difficult for those people who jumped on the Matterport train without several years of providing photography -- and perhaps panoramic images.

We've grown demand by simply marketing ourselves, providing good customer support and engaging as MANY other agencies and businesses as we can. We are thrilled to work at subcontractor rates - as we're thrilled to keep busy

I have always believed that the market dictates the value of these tours -- and with the price of entry now at $2500 (Pro-2 Lite) and Fast Capture allowing us to work twice as fast -- we're still in a bubble concerning how much we can charge. The days of $0.10/sqft being low are behind us and in competitive markets, to keep and command that price point, you have to be pretty good at marketing.

We are a team of 3, soon to be 4. No need to engage other pros unless we get a massive contract and want to bring our friends along for the ride.

--

Is Dan's idea a good one? Depends on the market, of course!

My advice -- be friendly with your neighbors.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Shakoure private msg quote post Address this user
While this heavily depends on your market location...as it should, it's also the commercial value of your service to the client, as it should. I predict that demand for 3D Reality Capture & Showcasing will continue to rise... and so should the pricing... Unless WE prefer competing on having the cheapest price model. If we, as MSPs, don't put more value on what we provide, then we can't expect the market to.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101428 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?