Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
How I Matterport with Chris HickmanScanningTrainingVideo

Video: How I Matterport: TV Screens6900

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: How I Matterport with @Metroplex360 Chris Hickman: TV Screens | Video curtesy of Metroplex 360 YouTube Channel

Hi All,

This short-sweet-smart-dash-of-humor how to video - TV Screens - is by @Metroplex360 Chris Hickman.

The video is from this WGAN Forum discussion that includes more videos by Chris.

I posted it separately from the other videos, in case you want to discuss/share Matterport scanning of TV Screens.

Got a tip, question or video on how to scan a TV Screen, please post to this discussion.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Related WGAN Forum posts are tagged: How I Matterport with Chris Hickman
Post 1 IP   flag post
PWIMAGING private msg quote post Address this user
I’d just add that I don’t like the way TV monitors look in a scan while off. So I always try and get something “on” the monitor. Lately I’ve been bringing a thumb drive with a bunch of random images that I can use to populate the monitors with.
So far so good!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Glam Gamer Girl Meets Virtual Reality | Matterport 3D Tour Art Project by Dan Smigrod

@DanSmigrod
@PWIMAGING

While we typically scan with the TV Screen off - to avoid use of intellectual property and bad stitching, in the above Matterport 3D Tour, we wanted the 12 TV Screens ON: each screen featuring a different Virtual Reality Game. (The owner was able to do a still image for each game.)

We used each virtual reality game to inspire the pose of the Glam Gamer Girl meets Virtual Reality. (How many times does she appear in this space?)

What do you do when you have a TV screen in the space?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting for my tour to process as I'm just curious as to how this TV will turn out.

I couldn't help but WANT to show the title screen to the Last Jedi... just because it's cool (from both a NERD standpoint and because it's artistically BEAUTIFUL and if it WORKED it would compliment the space).

But ... I'm pretty certain that it'll back fire.

So since I was shooting all of these truth-in-jest videos, I figured I'd capture the moment that I made a big mistake... and then share it afterwards!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Alright folks -- guess what? It looks ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.

Lesson learned -- room was perfectly lit and TV appears to be an OLED screen. It scanned as if it was wall art! Well worth the risk in this case

Had it been a reflective TV, I don't think it would have worked out!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Very cool. Did you also scan this room with the TV off: just in case?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
New Brighton, PA
frstbubble private msg quote post Address this user
I just did a scan today for an apartment rental company. I wish I would have got their logo before the scan so I could put it on the TV screen, via a thumb drive. I did request them to send me on as I will be scanning additional spaces for them in the future.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod - I actually didn't do both -- But I'm having to reupload now because I got my window markers off in the living room and missed I few.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?