Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
WGAN-TV Live at 6:15 pm ET
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 587 Unique Visitors
9,131 WGAN Members in 149 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,642 Page Views | 16,215 Unique Visitors | 33 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppFloor PlansQueetions

Floorplan without Lidar nor specific Hardware?19811

WoodfootP private msg quote post Address this user
I need to get my customers' floorplan. A simple floorplan. Accuracy and precise measurements are not my primary focus

I have too many persons on the field to equip them with Lidars’ smartphone or specific equipment. So I am looking for recommendations on companies offering 2D floor plans from basic smartphone media (Android).

Tried CubiCasa, but open to other options. Are they only the only ones doing this ?
Any developers up there able to build similar solutions are also of interest.
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV | How to Scan with Urbanimmersive Ultra-Fast 3D Digital Twins App and 3D Video Fusion + Floor Plans | Guests: Urbanimmersive Inc. President and CEO Ghislain Lemire and Urbanimmersive Inc. Executive Vice-President François-Hugues Liberge | Episode: 205 | Thursday, 26 October 2023 | @fhliberge

Urbanimmersive iOS App | Urbanimmersive Android App | Introducing FloorPlan+: Quick & Easy Floor Plans and Immersive 3D Tours in One Solution! | With our new FloorPlan+ option, unlock the power to create high-quality floor plans and mesmerizing 3D tours, all in under 5 minutes! UI Capture, combined with the Ricoh Theta Z1 camera, empowers you to effortlessly capture detailed 3D tours and floor plans, taking your home scanning experience to unprecedented heights. A single-click button handles all parameters for your 3D tour photo-shooting sessions and FloorPlan+ creation, streamlining the entire process.

@WoodfootP

Welcome to the We Get Around Network Forum.

While not exactly the solution that you are seeking, you might still watch the WGAN-TV (recorded) episode (above) about easy, super-fast floor plan creation using the Urbanimmersive app + an inexpensive 360 camera.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
US Building
Survey, LLC
Olathe, Kansas
rhelling private msg quote post Address this user
We run into the same issue. Our field techs often use Disto handheld lasers and sketching. CubiCasa is a good alternative. But the only real success we’ve had getting that floor plan is with Lidar scans. Outsourcing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@WoodfootP you are not providing enough information to really give you a solid answer. Based on the information provide your team only has Android phones and CubiCasa is probably the best option. I prefer CubiCasa it’s fast I found it to have solid out put.

You may look at Magic Plan. Also not sure based on the information provided how big are your projects, entire homes, complete commercial buildings or just single rooms. If you’re only doing a single room you might consider a few photogrammetry programs that can build a basic layout from just photos.

Good luck
Post 4 IP   flag post
WoodfootP private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all for your answers
Happy to provide more context: thousands of technician on the field- Reason why buying extra hardware is impossible- and hundred of thousands of complete house floorplan needed. Cubicasa is a good solution, but I am looking for an alternative.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@WoodfootP

Thank you for the additional backstory.

I can intro you to CubiCasa via email, if that's helpful:
DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com

Best,