Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 661 Unique Visitors
9,066 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,099 Page Views | 18,938 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro3Wish List

Wish List: Matterport Pro3 Camera19120

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ron0987
@DanSmigrod, after reading the article I see that one thing the author pointed out was the need to calibrate the scanner. My concern has always been that Matterport has no plans on calibration. I do not know how they are going to address this concern or issue moving forward.

@ron0987

Great point!

Hi All,

Got a "wish list" item for the Matterport Pro3 Camera?

Please share here.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

From this WGAN Forum discussion:

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/19408/page/1/will-matterport-ever-support-leica-blk360-g2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by @vantage3d
I'm curious if anybody here has any insight as to whether or not matterport will bring support in for the BLK360 G2 similar to that as the G1. The BLK360 has become an integral part of my workflow. The clients I have recognize the leica a brand and I love The interface is still provides with the matterport walkthroughs.

I recognize that matterport has released their own version of lidar. I would have to abandon my current grandfathered plan to use it. I'm not excited to go that route. I would likely have to abandon matterport before then. In my market though, I see the BLK360 being a sweet point with my clients. I love the seamless integration into matterport. I find them accessing and appreciating the ability to walk through the space and their client meeting. It would be a shame for matterport not to support the next generation. I love any insight any of you can provide. Anybody heard any whisperings or anything? I just need to plan my next step.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Pedrotex69
Hi all,

I have used the pro2 in the past, and every time I was do doing a swimming pool I did a trick to make it blue.

I would take a 360 picture in the same spot of the 3D scan and put it on top of it and convert the 360 into 3D this would show blue in the capture app and then when processed it would be blue also in the doolhouse.

Today I tried the Pro3 and did the same thing and it worked in the capture app, but once it was processed it does not show blue in the swimming pool, just the normal black space in the doolhouse.

Is this a thing with the Pro3?

Does anyone knows how to get around this?

Thank you in advance.

Above from the WGAN Forum discussion:

How to make a swimming pool blue in your dollhouse with Pro3 camera?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Pedrotex69
I tried it Today.

I have finished a job with the Pro3 and Today I went back and did the swimming pool in 360 and converted to 3D with the Pro2 hoping and praying that it would work, but unfortunately it does not work, there is still a big black hole in the swimming pool.

So I am assuming that the problem is in processing the job with the Pro3, scans on it.

This is something that Matterport should address in my point of view.

All the best, I hope this helps everyone.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JamesG
Shoot, really sorry to hear that @Pedrotex69. But thanks so much for trying it out and sharing your results.

I totally agree that this is something Matterport should address. It's really disappointing considering how much more expensive the Pro 3 is compared to the Pro 2- and how much of an eye-sore the big black hole is compared to an aqua-colored pool (in dollhouse view).

I will reach out to Matterport (possibly linking this thread?) and voice my/our frustration with this issue. And if anyone in the WGAN community happens to have any connections to the development team at Matterport and could pass this conversation on to them, I would be extremely grateful.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101938 5 5