Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport 2019 New PricingMatterport 2023 New PricingMatterport Classic PricingNewsPricing

Matterport 2023 New Pricing Announced 1:22 pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 202318642

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Text Me 5 Minutes Before WGAN-TV is Live | WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall: New Matterport Pricing in 2023 | Guests: Matterport Service Providers | Episode: 188 | Wednesday, 17 May 2023 | www.WGAN.INFO/TownHall (This link will work 15 minutes prior to air.)

Image courtesy of Matterport

Hi All,

Matterport 2023 New Pricing Announced 1:22 pm ET Tuesday 16 May 2023 here:

===========

Matterport Blog (16 May 2023) Expanding our Digital Twin Platform with Updated Subscription Plans and Pricing | Improved subscriptions provide greater flexibility to find a plan that fits your needs and budget
===========

If you are a Matterport Service Provider (MSP) affected by Matterport 2023 Price Changes -- expected to be announced Tuesday, 16 May 2023 -- you are invited to share and discuss how the new Matterport Pricing in 2023 affects you:

=> WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall: New Matterport Pricing in 2023

This WGAN-TV Town Hall will air live at 5 pm ET Wednesday, 17 May 2023.

To join in the WGAN-TV Live at 5 Town Hall: New Matterport Pricing in 2023 – via Zoom – this We Get Around Network short link will be working, starting at 4:45 pm ET Wednesday, May 17, 2023: WGAN.INFO/TownHall

Thank you for considering joining the show live.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
GamelLarry private msg quote post Address this user
Hopefully they treat the price increases with the same urgency as they did with the Pro3 release.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

If you spot new Matterport Pricing in 2023 here and/or here, please post to this WGAN Forum discussion.

(These Matterport webpages were scheduled to be updated at noon Tuesday, 16 May 2023. As of 1:04 pm ET, these pages have not been updated.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Matterport has updated its Matterport Pricing in 2023 on this Matterport Support page:

Matterport Price List (as of 1:22 pm ET)

How does the new Matterport Subscription Pricing affect you?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Matterport pricing (prior to the changes announced Tuesday, 16 May 2023

Matterport pricing announced Tuesday, 16 May 2023
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Image courtesy of Matterport

Image courtesy of Matterport | Matterport Price List

Image courtesy of Matterport | Matterport Price List

Matterport Blog (16 May 2023) Expanding our Digital Twin Platform with Updated Subscription Plans and Pricing | Improved subscriptions provide greater flexibility to find a plan that fits your needs and budget
Post 6 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
What earth shaking changes do you see?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@dave3d

Working though the announcement. How does the price increase affect you?

===
Limited-time offer for existing customers
Current customers can take advantage of limited-time offers available until June 20, 2023, that allow you to lock in savings now before the changes take effect. Check your email inbox to find specific details about these offers.
===

Source: Matterport Blog (16 May 2023)

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from Matterport Blog (16 May 2023)

Matterport tour with more than 200 scan points (spins) will count as more than one (1) active tour.

===
New policy for large spaces
Until now, spaces of every size—whether a small apartment or a massive stadium—were considered equal and counted as one active space each on your plan. It’s been this way since our founding over a decade ago.
Capture devices like our Pro3 and improvements to our capture app and Cortex AI engine now make it possible for customers to capture, process, and host massive spaces. However, these large spaces require significantly more processing and storage. As a result, we’re making a change to more closely map our business with our underlying costs and value we deliver.

As part of the updates we’re announcing today [16 May 2023], active spaces with over 200 scan points—typically more than enough to capture spaces up to 10,000 sq. ft./1,000 sq. m. (sometimes much larger depending on the space)—will use more than one active space on your plan. The chart [above] outlines how these large spaces are counted. For the majority of our customers, we expect that the 200 scan point threshold will have no impact on the way active spaces are counted on your plan.
===

Source: Matterport Blog | May 16, 2023

=> Matterport Scan Points Per-Model
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from Matterport Blog | 16 May 2023

Matterport adds hosting fee aka "Reactivating" ( "unarchiving" ) Matterport Tour that is not Active)

===
New policy for archived spaces

We introduced archiving back in 2019, and it’s one of our most used capabilities because it saves you the risk of deleting an older space that you might need again. One of the key benefits of archiving is the ability to reactivate a space seamlessly on demand. But archiving also means we’re storing an ever-growing number of archived spaces that we keep online and available for immediate reactivation.

To keep this popular feature available, we’re updating the policy for reactivating (unarchiving) spaces as described in the table below. We’re providing Starter, Professional and Business plans with a certain number of space reactivations that will reset every month.

You can reactivate additional spaces for a small fee. There remains no limit on the number of spaces that you can archive.

===
Source: Matterport Blog | 16 May 2023
Post 10 IP   flag post
twinmoons private msg quote post Address this user
This is just further highway robbery from Matterport. They are screwing us over an all fronts
- price increase on all plans
- charging you for re-activating spaces
- counting large tours as multiple active spaces when you go over 200 scan points

I love how they always package this as "simplifying" things for us, when in fact they are complicating things further and finding more ways to nickel and dime us. This company gets more despicable by the minute.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
RJ Pittstains sez:

"Today, we’re announcing updates to our plans and pricing to provide you with better flexibility and value..."

AND IT IS ALL COMING TRUE!!!

I can really feel the VALUE in higher subscription costs plus new charges for archiving.

So value! Many flexible. Wow.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Yes, it's all 200% value!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
So with a reactivation of $10 for archived scan. Is this a one time fee for this model, or each time you activate it?
Post 14 IP   flag post
My best guess is that it would be each time you activate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
So with a reactivation of $10 for archived scan. Is this a one time fee for this model, or each time you activate it?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Hmm
And if you have a large space, say 1000+ and you activate this. Is this 4x the reactivation fee?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Hmm
And if you have a large space, say 1000+ and you activate this. Is this 4x the reactivation fee?

Now that's a really good question! My guess would be that they would charge you one re-activation fee, but then the space would take up the corresponding number of active space slots in your account depending on the number of scan points. But since we're talking about Matterport, maybe we should just assume the worst-case scenario!
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I suppose this announcement ignored the classic plans.... for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertise
RJ Pittstains sez:

"Today, we’re announcing updates to our plans and pricing to provide you with better flexibility and value..."

Can't wait to dump this company.
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

I did not read anything about Matterport Classic Plan customers being affected by today's Matterport pricing news.

Dan
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@VTLV

I did not read anything about Matterport Classic Plan customers being affected by today's Matterport pricing news.

Dan

I did receive an email asking me to upgrade my classic account, but there were no threats enclosed:

"If you are happy with your current capture device and your Classic plan you do not need to take action at this time.

Matterport continues to support customers on Classic plans. However, there may be new features and functionality going forward that are only available on some subscription plans."

Now I wonder if they will stop letting you transfer tours (shot with Pro 2 or lower) from your new account to the classic account. That would REALLY stink.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab courtesy of Matterport | 16 May 2023

It's unclear (to me) if you can "push out" the date of the price changes by pre-paying additional months of an annual plan. For example, if you annual plan is scheduled to renew on 20 June 2023, if you renewed now to add another 12 months, would that "push out" the renewal data for at least 12 months.

Your thoughts?

===
Pricing effective date and current customer grace period
For new customers, our updated prices and plan policies take effect today, May 16, 2023, and are available on our pricing page.

Current customers have a 30-day grace period and will see these changes reflected on their plans at their next renewal billing date beginning on or after June 20, 2023.

For monthly plans, this automatic change will occur between June 20 and July 19, 2023.

For annual plans, this automatic change will occur at the next annual renewal billing date between June 20, 2023 - June 19, 2024.

==

Source: Matterport Blog
Post 21 IP   flag post
KfromPoland private msg quote post Address this user
Mail from Matterport :

Hi Klaudiusz,

You’ve been a customer with us for years and we’re incredibly grateful for your business and support. Matterport created the gold standard for virtual tours, and now it's time to discover the full power of our Digital Twin Platform.

Real estate professionals and businesses around the world have relied on us for 3D capture and immersive tours for almost a decade. Today, companies large and small across many different industries are discovering the value of our digital twins to save time, money, and transform how they market and manage their properties and projects. In just the past year, we’ve released new tools, capture devices, features, and services to unlock greater value and insights within every single space.

With this in mind, we’re announcing our first price change on Classic plans since 2016 — including an increase in hosting pack and processing fees. This adjustment offsets a small portion of the rising costs of infrastructure and support, and is well-exceeded by the new features and functionality we’ve added over the past seven years. We will continue to work hard for you, our long-standing customer, to increase the power and value of our offering while always aiming to exceed your expectations.

We are providing a 30-day grace period before this price change takes effect, meaning your price will automatically adjust at your next billing or renewal date on or after June 20, 2023. You can modify or cancel your subscription by visiting your account page.

Thank you for trusting us with your business. You can learn about the updated pricing on our support page.

RJ Pittman
Chairman and CEO
Matterport
Post 22 IP   flag post
DaK private msg quote post Address this user
Classic pricing changes look very minimal. Basic goes from $49 to $54, and processing from $19 to $21. I’m actually a little shocked…
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you @KfromPoland

Post 24 IP   flag post
looks like classic plans have become more valuable again
Post 25 IP   flag post
SoldSquad private msg quote post Address this user
$10 to unarchive a model? Really?
It might make sense to just upload the scans again to create a new one, if they're still on your device, unless you spent much time editing the original.
Yeah - I just looked, and have almost all of the old scans I might ever want still saved in my iPad.
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@KfromPoland

Thanks for sharing! You beat me to it.

Here's a screen grab of the same eBlast from Matterport.

Dan

--

eBlast received from Matterport 3:51 pm ET Tuesday, 16 May 2023

--

When I click on "your account page" I see the following:

Platform Subscription Agreement (PSA) (last updated 9 May 2023)

When I accept, I can see that our subscription renewal is: June 30, 2023

We are on a Classic Annual plan, I do not see anything to indicate that pricing is changing.

Dan
Post 27 IP   flag post
Interesting. I still haven't received anything from them about the Classic plan changes. But yeah, still worth keeping for sure!

Nevermind... spoke too soon. The email just landed in my inbox!
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Thank you @KfromPoland

Oh!

Good fine.

I did not see a link to that Matterport Classic Pricing from the letter that I received.

Dan
Post 29 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
All in all I'd say I'm quite relieved as I expected changes considerably beyond what I understand now to be in effect. (quietly waiting for other shoe to drop) I'm also glad we completed a 120K scan yesterday before the changes went into effect. Seems now its more adjusting our pricing a little to cover new costs but nothing that dramatically changes our model. Now back off to the races!
Post 30 IP   flag post
101736 41 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?