Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingPricingReal EstateRealtorsScanningVRX MediaZillowZillow Listing Media Services

Your experience with Zillow Listing Media Services? And, ....?18567

Deano private msg quote post Address this user
At the end of last year, Zillow purchased VRX Media and at the beginning of this year, they started offering marketing services to agents in a few select markets.

https://showingtimeplus.com/solutions/listing-media-services/packages

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with how this program is rolling out. Some questions I have:

1. Is anyone in these markets and how is it going for Zillow?
2. How can you get approved to offer services through it? They offer floorplans and virtual tours
3. How much do they pay photographers for scans and photographs?

I believe that Zillow will soon launch a product to allow users to bypass agents and start with Zillow. Then they will use their premier agents to close transactions that are initiated with Zillow's marketing/showing services.

This will be bad for photographers and agents who will both be subject to Zillow's pricing decisions whether they are fair or not. If they succeed, then it might be a race to the bottom for real estate service providers.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
It is an hourly part time position pay varies depending on the market
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wow, even worse than I had imagined. Any idea what sort of pay? Is Idaho one of the initial markets?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Idaho wasn’t in the initial push Seattle was the closest market to me and I believe it was in that $20ish an hour. There was no mention of mileage either that would need to be discussed with the recruiter. My mind also went to what happens if the home isn’t ready to be shot. Does the photographer get paid for that trip?
Post 4 IP   flag post
My mind starts thinking about ALL of the issues that would arise from this model. Their super app is nearing completion and I absolutely hate that company. Right now they only offer showings and marketing services to agents, however, the end goal is to clearly go directly to consumers and bypass agents while also achieving economies of scale for marketing services.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
We have been in a race to the bottom for years in our industry.

When you have people offering mp and photos for 150$ for up to 5000 Sq Ft, that is lower than the bottom.

Key is to offer a much superior product and to be established with your clients. I will never shoot for anyone that pays 20$ an hour.

And shame on anyone for taking such a job. Like I tell everyone that contacts me that wants to use me for my services when they say, "I pay blah blah"...I stop them and tell them that I set the price for my services, not you.

I'll tell Zillow the same thing if they ever want me to shoot for them. There are people in this group that have contacted me offering me some of the lowest payouts.

It's embarrassing...truly is. I get some people will take this work, but any long time established photographer should never accept piddly payouts.

I charge my prices, and will offer to pay whomever is contacting me a referral fee, or come to an agreement on the payout...but never ever just accept what someone is offering cause you are right...its part of that race to the bottom.

I personally dont think zillow will ever replace agents on a mass scale.. but I know they will try.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I heard $18/hr in the Midwest. No guarantee over 10 hours a week.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
We have been in a race to the bottom for years in our industry.

I personally dont think zillow will ever replace agents on a mass scale.. but I know they will try.

They are not trying to replace agents - their goal is to diminishing their value and dictate what they can charge so that ZIllow is the connector that connects buyer and seller. They are already having great success with this by taking 35% of agent commissions, but until they can scale the entire process (their super app is in progress) and control every aspect of the process, they will keep the host alive so that they can continue to draw sustenance. Once they can switch from just selling introductions and scale the entire process of buying and selling, it will become very difficult for anyone to control pricing. This is especially true for services with a low barrier to entry and a dramatic oversupply of labor (Anyone can do a tour with your iphone and anyone can get a real estate license after taking a few classes)

Of course I understand the value provided by good service providers and I'm not saying this is my opinion/perception, but a company like Zillow commands consumer attention with their brand recognition alone and they will control the conversation among consumers who don't like to pay 5-6% to sell their home. As agent pay gets cut, so will ancillary services - agents are already some of the cheapest people I know...

Sigh, there needs to be some sort of consortium to focus on value over cheap pricing, but unfortunately I think NAR is about the worst trade group in the company to lead that charge.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Can you clarify what you mean by "They are already having great success with this by taking 35% of agent commissions"...do you get that number from agents paying them to be a zillow premier agent?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@pixelray

In a similar fashion to OppCity that move.com owns they process the leads and sell them back to agents with a 35% referral fee
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
And if everyone just said no to the cheapos...world would be a better place
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelray
Can you clarify what you mean by "They are already having great success with this by taking 35% of agent commissions"...do you get that number from agents paying them to be a zillow premier agent?

Zillow, Realtor.com, Homelight, Upnest and virtually everyone sells consumers to agents for 35% of the commission. It's really ridiculous, but agents are OK with it so the race to the bottom begins...

The thing is that consumers COULD negotiate with agents and get this 35% for themselves. So Zillow will need to narrow this gap themselves so that they can put all of the other companies out of business and keep the flow for themselves. Enter the Zillow 'super app'

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/steady-gas-strong-progress-building-housing-super-app-rich-barton/
Post 12 IP   flag post
101729 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?