Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceBusiness DevelopmentNewbiesPricingQuestions

A photographer offers a ton of deliverables for $250: is this Realistic?18434

WGAN Fan
Club Member
White Plans, New York
Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
I was recently sent a flyer from a company that for $250.00 offers:

Live Virtual Open House Tool
Teaser Video (Branded and Unbranded)
Matterport 3D Tour (up to 2500 sqft)*
4K Photos with Post-Production Editing
2D Floor Plan
Single Property Website
3D Flyer with QR Code
Advanced Analytics

Is this normal? How can one make a living?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Never mind realistic, it is downright Stupid, a person that does not value their services!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter

This is likely photos extracted from the Matterport tour. I would also guess that there is likely some other miscellaneous fees that they may be charging.
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter I would also guess the MP tour created with single shot 360 camera to speed up the capture process and reduce time on site.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
White Plans, New York
Flashcutter private msg quote post Address this user
If it’s done with 360 only, I’d say that’s kinda switch and bait, wouldn’t you?
Post 5 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter I don't think they care about that it's more about how many can you do in a day to stay profitable. If you can do 3 in one day that is $750 minus cost of doing business/travel or gas. If you are using 360 camera and managing your drive time you may be able to squeeze a little money out for a profit. Just not sure.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
It's no secret that Covid introduced a lot of new entrepreneurs to the world of photography.

Unfortunately, many of these newcomers have approached the business with the mentality that volume equals profit. They have been sold the idea that the more they shoot, the more they will make. This is not always the case and those flaws began to show their cracks when interest rates hiked.

Real estate volume eventually slows down, and people get burnt out. Instead of building a sustainable business, they have fallen into the trap of working themselves into the ground for minimal profits. Life coaches and others in the business world often push the idea of building a team, but this is not always the best option for photographers when the market contracts after an expansion.

Moreover, private equity has invested in middle-man services, making it harder for photographers to compete. These companies want photographers to work for pennies, which can make it difficult for legitimate photographers to charge what their work is worth.

It is important to remember that delivering quality work and building a reputation for excellent service will ultimately lead to a successful business. While it may be tempting to offer a ton of deliverables for a low price, this is not always a realistic or sustainable business model. We have a tough year ahead of use watching the Covid photographer band fade out and seeing middle man companies like Zillow, Matterport and Homes.com push their all in one platform nationwide as direct competition.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Flashcutter

The right 360 camera can produce a competent Matterport tour. Not what I would deliver nor would I try to pull photos from a Matterport tour.

Theta X

Theta Z1
Post 8 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
If I was to guess I’d say it’s a scan + captur3d plus maybe a canva template. Something along those lines. Canva free I think, on captur3d the spend $25 or so for tour, photos, website, and analytics, $1 each to edit photos. Bottom line is you can offer a lot with a low spend. I’m guessing he’s making $200 a tour after expenses unless parking and gas are included and it’s a drive. So simple really, put your z1 in your Tesla, have captur3d do the processing, and bill hosting separately …. Of course though I see you are in New York. So I also think moving to rural Kansas will help your margins!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
This post might be ingenious marketing for all I know! It's a good price point, and easy to shoot gig, but the problem is getting agents to buy into 3D tours as we ALL have discovered.

I know who powers this in the back end, did my homework, very reputable and they do Matterport staging too! Hint! Although the 4K photos are what Matterport has been heralding for a while and MP itself is pulling them from scans with their recent offer discussed, and I as well started this way, and any one can do it - but I can't sell these over my Nikon shots, but then again if I can save time, and the customer says yes to a smaller fee, we might want to consider it an option. Purely from a cost perspective.

We all deserve $100K a year, and sum.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
It is possible that they just do a basic 3D tour without caring much about what it looks like in a dollhouse view and a floor plan. In fact I have seen some providers who simply disable both a dollhouse and a floor plan in their Matterport tours. They do it because there is nothing to show for these two, they do not scan behind a furniture and only do a simple walk. A bedroom can only have one scan. If you do it that way a 250 sqm property can have like 20-25 scan points which is a 30-35 minutes job. Or even faster if it is a pro3.

However it is still not a good idea to match what agents are ready to pay. They are not the top to the world and there are plenty of businesses who are happy to pay full rates and get a maximum quality possible.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Actually a good point. We assume dollhouse is important but if we had heat map tech to show where people go, I'm betting on kitchen, common areas & bedrooms. Who knows???! Seriously.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
@Wingman Actually a good point. We assume dollhouse is important but if we had heat map tech to show where people go, I'm betting on kitchen, common areas & bedrooms. Who knows???! Seriously.

I did not even mean that. When a dollhouse and a floor plan is not important to a client or they have never been told it exists Matterport becomes a great system to use for creating simple virtual tours. It is faster than doing the same with a DSLR and a nodal head. As long as the next scan sees the previous one for alignment it is all you need and can reduce number of scans dramatically vising every room and space with just one position.
And clients still get 134Mp resolution for photos.

Plenty of virtual non matterport tours are being used by agents that are designed for one click 360 cameras and smartphones.

There was a thread about what a Pro3 can be used for. I posted there that it can be used as a quick system to do a tour for Google Maps. Google maps does not show dollhouses and you can scan with a big distance between scans. It is a way faster than capturing it with a DSLR or even something like Pilot Era. No need to host the original once it is processed for Google Maps, no HDR merge. And even the fact they reduce it to 8K from 16K is not a big deal. A downsized to 8K photo from 16K is much much better in quality and details than a 8K 360 photo from Pilot Era. And no guessing where each pano located on maps as you still publish it as a floor plan.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Regarding the dollhouse... I'm not sure it is the eye-catcher that it once was.

We stopped including the dollhouse in our deliverables (along with the Matterport teaser clips) and nobody even noticed, or mentioned it.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashcutter
I was recently sent a flyer from a company that for $250.00 offers:

Live Virtual Open House Tool
Teaser Video (Branded and Unbranded)
Matterport 3D Tour (up to 2500 sqft)*
4K Photos with Post-Production Editing
2D Floor Plan
Single Property Website
3D Flyer with QR Code
Advanced Analytics

Is this normal? How can one make a living?

For every Harrods there's going to be a target, for every target there's going to be a walmart, for every walmart there's going to be a $.99 store.

I hate the term 4k photos, 4k is for video.
they probably do what Matterport is now doing with their digital pro package. taking photos from the tour and saying that those are useable for marketing purposes... Matterport is offering it for $299

see my video about it here:
Post 15 IP   flag post
101635 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?