Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,046 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Pro2Sales

Matterport Pro2 Camera @ $2,895: Why I Expect it to Go Much Lower18338

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Matterport Pro2 Camera via Amazon

Matterport Pro2 Camera @ $2,895: Why I Expect it to Go Much Lower

Hi All,

While you can buy a Matterport Pro2 Camera today (27 February 2023) for $2,895, I expect the price of a Matterport Pro2 Camera will go much lower.

Here's Why (From the transcript of the Matterport Inc. Earnings Call on Wednesday, February 22, 2023)

"Our total non-GAAP gross margin for the fourth quarter was 36%, which was down sequentially from 48% in the prior quarter. The sequentially lower gross margin was primarily due to a write-down of the value of a portion of our Pro 2 camera inventory and related materials.

We believe the better-than-expected demand for the Pro 3 camera has impacted the demand for Pro 2 cameras. Accordingly, we have determined that it was appropriate to reduce the value of the Pro 2 inventory.

This expense was $5 million in the fourth quarter. Excluding this expense, non-GAAP gross margin would have been 48%, which would have been consistent with our recent historical performance. Our subscription
gross margin was 75%, improving from 72% in the prior quarter."

If I have interpreted this correctly, Matterport can sell the Pro2 at a reduced cost (and has already written off the amount of that reduction).

Your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. Do not buy the "insurance" Add On "Protection Plan" ... It EXCLUDES commercial use!

=> Warning: Pro3 "Insurance" Add On via Amazon does NOT Include Commercial Use

---

[WGAN is NOT affiliated with Matterport.]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Suisun City, California
ScanYourSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure all of us who use it would be happier if the price dropped although there is still strong demand for interior only scanning so from a business point of view they could have kept the same price and probably faired well. Also its significantly lower than the pro3 so it reaches a different market.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101587 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?