Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3rd Party Service ProviderMLSQuestion of the DayQuestionsZuant

Question of the Day: Do 3rd Party Matterport Links Work in Your MLS?18172

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Question of the Day (All)

Question of the Day: Do 3rd Party Matterport Links Work in Your MLS?

Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 24 January 2023:

Do 3rd Party Matterport Links Work in Your MLS?

Here is an example of a 3rd Party link:
https://3d.zuant.com/visit/wgan/3DcwcJdHEe2zVgeL9Hjttw%3D%3D/
(points to a Matterport tour)

Examples of 3rd party tools with a unique link that points to a Matterport tour:

1. CAPTUR3D
2. RELA
3. Show & Tour
4. Tourbuzz
5. WP3D Models
6. Urbanimmersive
7. ZUANT3D

My guess is that it depends on your MLS. For clarification, does your MLS accept links that redirect to a Matterport URL or do their require the native Matterport URL.

If you could test a link with your MLS and report the location and name of the MLS, that would be awesome!

Best,

Dan

P.S. This WGAN Question of the Day was inspired by this WGAN Forum post by @Philly ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly
Would a Zuant link work the same as a matterport showcase link when inputting into the MLS? Currently I have agents who occasionally will ask for analytics, but the Matterport stats are awful. Could this be a solution?

In this WGAN Forum discussion.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Work in the MLS yes but...

There is a caveat, you will need to provide both a Branded & Unbranded tour link and this tour will likely not push (syndicate) to 3rd parties like Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com etc in the 3D tour slot that some of these sites now have. In the case of Zillow these virtual tour links often appear below the fold in the features section

Post 2 IP   flag post
Philly private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch just to clarify here, when you say "this tour" do you mean third party links? Is there something specific about Redfin, Zillow, etc. that they recognize Matterport links but not something like Zuant? In our MLS we only have one place for a link, but I haven't been able to try anything other than a MP link yet. Our MP links push through just fine to all sites and don't get buried on Zillow in facts and figures (yet).
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Philly

Correct. Some tour links like Matterport, CloudPano, or Asteroom (there may be others) will show up in Zillow's 3D tour position however, they have to be the RAW native unbranded direct link. Other tour links that package together media i.e. Photos, video, & a VR tour like TourFactory, Zuant, WP3D, etc will simply be a virtual tour link and in Zillow particularly will end up buried in the Facts and features section.

I personally Include a Zillow 3D home tour in my packages as I believe having this VR walkthrough is an added benefit to both the seller and the agent. Matterport is an upgraded add-on similar to video. Then depending on the agent or Brokerage my single property website (I use WP3D) is a great tool for social media and a couple of my agents will use this in the MLS. I have 3 different MLS's in my primary service area and all 3 support at least 2 Virtual tour links typically a video link, & a tour link.

Content support will also greatly vary on a MLS by MLS basis I just happen to have spent quite a bit of time in MLS's in my previous career path
Post 4 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch That's super helpful, thanks for clarifying. Do you have any recommendations of which (if any) Raw unbranded direct links provide the best usage statistics for impressions, etc. MP leaves a lot to be desired and I really want to start incorporating these stats into my process for customer service & as a sales point to show their exposure impact. That was why I originally wanted to try Zuant, but I don't want to use anything that sacrifices the exposure and distribution
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I honestly do not track tour stats as they can be a slippery slope. I do however keep an eye on the Zillow views & saves which will typically give me a pretty decent pulse on how a property is performing and I usually can get a pretty good idea of when a property could be expecting an offer.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Gotcha, makes sense. I do the same but lately have been thinking about the future of these tours and trying to flush out the idea of "virtual tours -> buyer submitted leads" that could be flipped back to an agent. That was originally the idea I thought of when I saw Zuant and something I might try on a listing of my own. Trying to capture leads that usually get pushed to a Zillow or Redfin agent instead of me on my own listing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
It will be really tough to compete for eyeballs with Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, and Redfin as these are typically where consumers (buyers) start their home shopping experience.

I witnessed this first hand in many office meetings in my previous position. This was with about 700 agents at the time across 3 Brands Sotheby's International Realty, Coldwell Banker, & C21.

Zillow, Trulia, & Realtor.com were the top incoming lead sources
Post 8 IP   flag post
I definitely don't want to compete with them in the sense of having a seperate website. My point being is that if someone is "starting their buying experience" on Redfin and clicks on the virtual tour, it would be great if there was a way for them to submit their info (in your tour) for you to follow up on as a buyer lead. Basically, beating Redfin to the lead
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I have contact forms on all of the single property websites I create and the lead gen on individual listings over the years has been minimal

The link that MLS's typically will syndicate will be an unbranded link which wouldn't have a contact form
Post 10 IP   flag post
Great info, again. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Very helpful given your experience
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?