Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm ET)
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceHow toRicoh Theta Z1

Z1 nudged out of alignment17853

Deano private msg quote post Address this user
Bumped my Z1 when out on a shoot. Images are perfect, no scratches on the glass but it is out of alignment and onboard stitching has been impacted. Since I use it primarily for matterport, this is a showstopping issue. If I use PTGUI, I can actually still get a good stitch.

Precision camera, the only certified repair company is a big scam - won't even talk to me and the only option is to send it in to be inspected for $800!!!

Has anyone ever opened up a Z1? Is it possible if I open it that I can re-align it or snap the guts back into place somehow?

Really bummed on Ricoh - so much I doubt I'd ever replace this with a new product from them.

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@Deano

I lost a Z1 in the lake last summer when a boat went by and rocked the dock. I have had a 360 camera tip and fall from time to time but, have never experience it out of alignment for auto stitching.

Have you checked firmware versions to see if your Z1 is up to date? And do the auto HDR JPG's come out alright?

For a little extra piece of mind I through a plate weight on the foot of my monopod which has greatly lessoned the chance of the camera tipping due to a breeze or anything.

I have 3 Z1's and a Theta X that live in my camera bag that I primarily only use for Zillow 3D home tours but, it is nice to be able to hot swap a camera if needed to complete a job
Post 2 IP   flag post
Deano private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the response, lilnitsch!

HDR is fine but still won't stitch properly because of the misalignment. It is not drastic enough to prevent stitching manually as it is 84 pixels off horizontally and 20 pixels off vertically. But can't stitch manually with matterport.

Not sure about the firmware but that won't make a difference since the images show it is out of alignment. Already have plenty of weights on the tripod and the bump was not really that bad TBH.

Ricoh support is among the worst in the business. I called them a few days ago and their only imaging support transfers you to a vendor that hasn't been the certified service support for several years. They were shocked that the phone tree hasn't been updated yet. Precision Camera won't even talk to you unless you send them $800.

Right to repair legislation is important but of course our government is too busy trying to 'gotcha' or send the the other side to prison that they don't even do their jobs. Ridiculous.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
So, is this misalignment only when using within the Matterport ecosystem or does the issue also appear in something like the Zillow tour app or a straight up auto HDR jpg from the Z1
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Matterport typically uses a Auto HDR jpg when using the Ricoh Cameras

Post 5 IP   flag post
101749 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?