Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingQuestionsZillowZillow 3D Home

What/How do you charge for Zillow 3D Home Tours and Photo Packages?17192

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

I have a good client that I create 20-40 Matterport tours a month for.

He recently told me he wants to switch from the Matterport tours to Zillow 3d tours. He wants me to be certified and be his exclusive Zillow photographer.

That threw me for a loop...not sure what that's worth to him yet. My question is, what are people charging for the Zillow 3D tours as and add on to their photo packages?

I'm in the Chicago market. Thanks, any input would be appreciated.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I offer a Zillow 3D home tour and Stills as my basic package for $375 in my market
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow Certified is similar to getting a sticker after uploading 5 Zillow 3D tours. You get connected with a Zillow Rep who will give you some pointers in best ways to shoot and some constructive criticism on how your tour uploads are doing. It’s not a huge undertaking. Kind of a nice cheer coach.

You got 2 ways to bill for the service. Zillow 3D tour only or Zillow 3D with a basic floor plan.

Billing comes down to what’s your time worth and is your client good with the tour Zillow gives you and the basic floor plan.

Typical 3 bedroom (no basement) home would be about 20 spots in the home at 15 minutes or less. Make a floor plan tour and shoot about 30 spots.

Look at what your competition is charging today. Some people can’t get agents to bite at $50 while others can charge $100. That was pre inflation days. Now everyone is on a rate hike kick because their average 8 mile drive cost them an extra $1.20 in gas.

You may be able to package something where the agent can get the 360 photos to do some social media posts. Or use the 360’s in a higher end home on a 3D Vista or Cloudpano platform. Saved from your camera.

Look into CubiCasa as an alternative for those not liking the Zillow Floor plan with no cabinets, toilets, ect. Gets disappointing to see a kitchen island as a pony wall because they don’t include cabinets and counters.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch @VTLV

Thank you for the backstory.

Does shooting Zillow 3D Home tour + post production take:

1. same amount of time as doing a Matterport scan?
2. one-half of the time as doing a Matterport scan?
3. other?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

Zillow with the Alignment tag for the interactive floor plan is actually really quick and simple to shoot.

On an average 2-2,500 SqFt home I could probably shoot the tour in 5-10 minutes if I had the place to myself obviously like everything else people & pets will add time to this process

I once again like to shoot a little more than most & will shoot connection points where someone would make that transition to the next room or space. I also like to shoot garages to at least get that space back in the floor plan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Podcast

@rzphotoman

These WGAN-TV Podcast episodes may be helpful:

1. WGAN-TV Podcast | How Photographers Can Resist Zillow’s Threat To Monopolize Real Estate
2. WGAN-TV Podcast | How to shoot with the Zillow 3D Home App (Part 1)
3. WGAN-TV Podcast | How to do post production of your Zillow 3D Home Tour (Part 2)
4. WGAN-TV Podcast | Home3D.us Kevin Dole on GeoCV versus Matterport versus Zillow 3D Home
5. WGAN-TV Podcast | Zillow 3D Home Demo and Discussion for Newbies
6. WGAN-TV Podcast | Zillow 3D Home for Newbies
7. WGAN-TV Podcast | How to Make Money with Zillow 3D Home

Plus ...

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Zillow | Zillow 3D Home

Please keep us posted about what you end up doing.

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Zillow's floor plans are pretty basic however, you cannot beat the pricing:

https://www.zillow.com/view-imx/98e2b933-9508-44e6-a2af-a97880d9d25a?setAttribution=mls&wl=true&initialViewType=pano&hidePhotos=true

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
@DanSmigrod

Zillow with the Alignment tag for the interactive floor plan is actually really quick and simple to shoot.

On an average 2-2,500 SqFt home I could probably shoot the tour in 5-10 minutes if I had the place to myself obviously like everything else people & pets will add time to this process

I once again like to shoot a little more than most & will shoot connection points where someone would make that transition to the next room or space. I also like to shoot garages to at least get that space back in the floor plan

Thank you!

Knowing that it is much-much-much faster to shoot Zillow 3D Home tours may help @rzphotoman think through his pricing.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Property and weather permitting I will even sometimes shoot Zillow tours on Vacant Land:

https://www.zillow.com/view-3d-home/fa8315f3-2e07-40f7-8cf4-4842a59a6db4?setAttribution=mls&wl=true
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
I hear people talk about shooting a Zillow tour in 10 minutes and still photos in 15. Given my age and climate, I have no desire to compete with those kinds of numbers for short term kudos. When new photographers are getting offered $30 to shoot a property, they have no choice but to stack 2 homes together to make a fairly decent wage per hour. Fastrack to burnout.

I mainly shoot pro2 and budget about 30 minutes to shoot a fairly normal sized home when I use the Z1 for Matterport tours.

@lilnitsch plays around with the difference of these cameras more than I have. So I would weigh heavily on his judgement in this department.
()Quote:
if I had the place to myself obviously like everything else people
()

When people are around they get weirded out by you shooting closets and other mentioned before such as the garage when all their stuff is crammed in there. But Zillow needs to see the depths of those spaces to make a floor plan. CubiCasa would need it as well. Just have to be able to give the assurance you can hide those and they will not be in the tour.

So Half the Time is probably the answer you are looking for when I quote 15 minutes. This is not a run and hide with forehead dripping of sweat. This is comfortably movin and grovin to a hiding spot and onto the next place.

Matterports allow you to see about 7' around the camera. Where a Zillow can go about 20' looking to walls to connect with on the next scan for a flat floor plan. Can't think of the company that stitches 360's with a 3D model in a similar fashion. Starts with an M.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV

My minimum fee to show up these days is $375. I have had a few of the national players ask me to shoot but, there #'s just don't pencil

I was wanting to be down in your stomping grounds next week for Inman Connect however my brother had a stroke at the beginning of June so, Maybe next year I suppose.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
Take that time in with you brother while you can and be there for each other. I lost mine last year. Priorities are on key. You'll get info on this stuff as it rolls out. Let others filter through it for you.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV

We're motoring and he is making pretty good progress luckily enough we co-habitate so, we were able to get in to the hospital in short order. And I have been booking jobs closer to home and around Dr's appointments. And his youngest "Adult" child live with us as well so, we have support around 24/7
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
my brother had a stroke at the beginning of June

@lilnitsch

Thinking good thoughts for your brother.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Take that time in with you brother while you can and be there for each other. I lost mine last year.

@VTLV

May your bother always continue to live in your heart.

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
101421 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?