Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GDPRMarketingOpenhausPrivacyProblemsRetail StoresShopifyStrategyTips

Adding E-commerce layer to Matterport Tours?16818

Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
Carson private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Everyone! I'm wondering how often do your Matterport customers ask about making their 3d tours shoppable?

a) often

b) not often

c) never
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
I've mentioned it to a few people however I don't think they visualize how it works. I'd like to find a small local biz and create one, then I have something to show the other 25,000,000 businesses whom can benefit from this.

On another note, I've noticed that layers can be added to the Google Street view tours, is that something you are capable of?
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport + e-Commerce will be the perfect combination.

Many businesses are interested, but it’s complicated over here, especially with the privacy regulations in Europe.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@MeshImages 360 VR is missing the call to action and conversion that looms large in the future, with the adaptation of shopping carts and direct selling within the models. Matterport may want to get involved before a third party dominates.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeshImages
Matterport + e-Commerce will be the perfect combination.

Many businesses are interested, but it’s complicated over here, especially with the privacy regulations in Europe.

How come? If we do a tour for a small business and do the e-commerce for them, how will that affect the privacy regulations in Europe?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Meidansha private msg quote post Address this user
I have found it difficult to sell.

Mind you at first when I was trying to sell virtual tours in general I was told things like "if they see our premises online people will stop coming" etc. dumb stuff like that. It took Covid to show them that this was not the case.

Treedis has a solution and I am making a test store at the moment using it. The client doesn't want it but has allowed me to scan his premises as a favour for some other work I have done for them in the past, so it will just be a test paid for by me.

It will also involve translating the portal so any client in the future can easily change their prices adjust the displayed availability of products etc.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Good morning, everyone

@GETMYVR I think that the e-commerce solution comes before the actual transactions. It´s the possibility to access the store at any time and get informed before buying. The transactions (point of sale) will probably remain in the online-stores (maybe with buy buttons in the tour) and in the stationary businesses.

@Pedrotex69 It´s complicates, because, everytime you open a Matterport space, some specific data is sent to Matterport in the USA. The EU privacy regulations stipulate that you have to get the user consent BEFORE this data is transfered to the Non-EU-country, which means before you open the space. This makes processes more complicated, especially, if you deal with larger audiences (e.g. online banners) and with corporate lawyers, who like to make things complicated.
Post 7 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
The e-commerce concept via MP or other 360 formats has been tried sometime ago but the issue here is stock changes on a regular bases unless you are selling just a few repetitive items then it's easier just to go to the vender's online shop.

There were several examples of this concept in the past using Metatags which jumped to an URL,this was a very basic concept like most tools for MP. There were far more sophisticated approaches to this concept using 360 applications where the actual item become the actual hotspot with a popup. But again the vender found that the VT which was shot a month ago was now out of date so the concept was scrapped due to on going cost of reshooting the VT and updating the VT with new stock URL.
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Meshimages is also right as the EU has very strict data protection rules if the data gathered is hosted outside the country which the viewer is viewing the website, it's referred to as GDPR. In the case of MP their data is hosted by AWS and their servers are located most likely in the States so you would need to display a consent form before viewing a vendors website. This is a consent pain in the backside when viewing in Europe. This also applies to the application of cookies which one must either accept or deny.

MP only ask the viewer once when they first view a MP VT and you have no choice to op-out settings. After that you are not asked again when viewing any other MP VT which in itself is questionable.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
@garysnyder it works with high margin products that only change on a yearly basis. Think like an Apple Shop. The iPhone gets rereleased once a year and there are not so many products in the store. The store also puts a lot of effort into its interior design so the tour has the ability to promote that further.

But for things like clothing the scan would need to be redone 4 times a year and usually the margin on the products is very low so there is only limited potential there I think.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@GarySnyder I have a perfectly working solution with 3DVista and the Shopify plugin. This plugin links directly to the Shopify service and shows wether items are still available or out of stock. It further keeps track of any changes to the product (price, options, etc.). It has a built-in shopping cart which keeps track of your items, even when you re-visit this tour again later after closing the browser.

Unfortunately this shopify plugin is currently taken from the market, but if you are interested in it, I can connect you with the programmer. It should be possible to connect also other shop-systems like shopware, woocommerce, etc.

Treedis has also a working solution (with shop connection), but unfortunately whith a very high price tag. I am currently also experimenting with the HTMLS/JS editor in MPSkin (Pro version), where I can script-in the buy button function.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
@MeshImages interested in the shoplift plugin for vista. No immediate demand but I would like to keep such a connection for future possibility.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Osaka, Japan
Wow bad preemptive text! “Interested in Shopify plugin”. Though if someone makes a plugin for shoplifting from a virtual store that would be impressive.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
@getmyvr - If you are looking for existing demos to share with potential customers, I'll share some links that you can use here below.

https://openhaus.app/view/mwxdICo1Pmr/

https://openhaus.app/view/GcwlJX1yhFi/

@meshimages - I’d love to connect with you about privacy regulations in Europe. I may have some solutions to consider. Feel free to shoot me an email at tosch@openhaus.app

@meidansha - The Openhaus product might be interesting for you to consider. Our Shopify integration is active and ready to go. And as far as your demo store goes, the Openhaus product can help you create the experience quickly without paying a monthly subscription. Openhaus makes money by sharing in customer revenue.

@garysnyder - If you are dealing with stores that need their product data to change dynamically without any manual input, I can help. Openhaus has several integration options that solve this problem. I also some ideas around how you can get around re-shooting a space every time inventory changes inside.
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Meshimages as a fellow long time user of 3DVista it's great to let users of elementary VT services like MP know there are real professional VT solutions out there. In my mind if you want to be a serous VT producer and considered professional content provider there is no better solution to consider then Vista with its unlimited capabilities for producing a professional VT productions.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Openhaus website | Openhaus for Matterport Pros website

Openhaus iOS App

WGAN-TV eBook: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus | Guest: Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement | Episode: 142 | Thursday, 21 April 2022 | www.openhaus.app

WGAN-TV: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus | Guest: Openhaus Co-Founder Carson Clement | Episode: 142 | Thursday, 21 April 2022 | www.openhaus.app

WGAN Forum Podcast #94

Example Openhaus 3D tour provided by Openhaus

WGAN-TV eBook: How to Add a Shopping Cart - and Live Shopping Events - to Matterport Tours powered by Openhaus

Hello ...

@GETMYVR
@MeshImages
@GarySnyder
@Pedrotex69
@Meidansha

Please see the WGAN-TV Live at 5 show on Openhaus (above) as well as the WGAN-TV eBook on Openhaus (above).

Do you have additional question/feedback for @tosch at Openhaus?

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
On another note, I've noticed that layers can be added to the Google Street view tours, is that something you are capable of?

If you can do shopping directly from Street View that would be cool. But Google won't let you add any overlay to street view.

You can however get google maps API and do it with an embed version of Street View on your website.

I am afraid though not many want to go that way as Google now is charging for Google Maps views giving only a small $200 credit per month for views. If a shop very small they may not need more but $200 is about 2000 views only and over 30 days it is about 70 views per day. The shop should be very small with very little amount of users shopping that way. Otherwise $200 can be depleted in a day or even in one hour and using Google Maps API can become so expensive that you will regret using it.

I read awful stories on reddit after Google made pay per views for maps. There were people with apps and websites that only built them for gaining profit on ads and they were not charging their users for using their apps/websites. They started announcing Google bills for views. One if I recall correctly said they received $20000 bill for a month for an app that used Google Maps Api for community car sharing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
As for purchasing from a tour I think we talked about it. The best would be to separate a shop functionality and a tour. So login to a shop, products display, stock management, purchasing and paying can done through functionality of your shopping cart provider. Then the only thing you need to do is to add an ability to click on a product shown in a tour and call for a pop up from your shopping cart software to display a product page, ability to add it to a cart. Since it is a popup and using ajax you can make a call to a shopping cart without user seeing any new url or the tour reloading.

I would not make it though with Matterport. Too much of a closed/proprietary system and always a risk that Matterport can think you are blocking something like their logo or hacking their player.

I think Pano2VR or 3DVista tours are more suitable and much easier to do this type of integration.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I made the experience, that you regularly have to rescan/reshoot shops, showrooms and warehouses, because they change their layout often and they need to update their content/products on a regular basis. Therefore you need some kind of automation to import the products to the virtual tour. I am offering two solutions for this.

a) 360 images with 3D Vista plus the Shopify Plugin. This is the selfhosted solution, which I recommend for art galleries or any use case, where you do not have so many tags to place (import and placement of products and categories is still a manual process here).

b) Matterport plus Openhaus - This is the go-to solution for shops and warehouses, where you want to offer in-tour-shopping or click-and-collect experiences. I was so impressed by the Openhaus workflow after conneting my 25 products shopify store to the portal. It took me only 5 or max. 10 minutes to place all 25 tags and connect all the information from the store to the virtual tour. So impressive!

Take a look. 5 Minutes to place 25 tags with all this information inside.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Openhaus
Co-Founder
Heber City Utah
@DanSmigrod Dan, you are the man! Appreciate all the support, this post is awesome!!
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @MeshImages
b) Matterport plus Openhaus - This is the go-to solution for shops and warehouses, where you want to offer in-tour-shopping or click-and-collect experiences. I was so impressed by the Openhaus workflow after conneting my 25 products shopify store to the portal. It took me only 5 or max. 10 minutes to place all 25 tags and connect all the information from the store to the virtual tour. So impressive!

Take a look. 5 Minutes to place 25 tags with all this information inside.

@MeshImages

Thank you for sharing your (great) use-case for Matterport + Openhaus = shopping. Please let us know when you sell your 1st art this way.

Do you have any Shopify clients that is now using the Matterport + Openhaus integration? Or, not yet?

--

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tosch
@DanSmigrod Dan, you are the man! Appreciate all the support, this post is awesome!!

Openhaus has done a great job integrating a shopping experience within the Matterport tour. Please remember me when you are rich and famous

Dan
Post 21 IP   flag post
101429 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?