Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
eCommerceMatterport PartnersRetail VRShopping

Transcript: WGAN-TV-Matterport Brand/Shop Experiences powered by RETAIL VR16645

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider
---

Retail VR

WGAN-TV: Developing Matterport Brand/Shopping Experiences powered by RETAIL VR Platform | Guest: RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli @Adrien | Thursday, 31 March 2022 | Episode: #139 | WGAN-TV: Developing Matterport Brand/Shopping Experiences powered by RETAIL VR Platform | Guest: RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli @Adrien | Thursday, 31 March 2022 | Episode: #139 | www.Retail-VR.com

WGAN-TV: Developing Matterport Brand/Shopping Experiences powered by RETAIL VR Platform

Hi All,

---
Transcript Below
---

In this WGAN-TV show that aired live last night (Thursday, 31 March 2022), my guest, RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli (@Adrien) demoed and discussed using the Retail VR platform for:

1. Virtual Showrooms
2. Virtual eCommerce
3. Retail Staging
4. Shopper Studies
5. Instore Activation (Augmented Reality)

Retail VR is an amazing platform that mashes up Matterport digital twins to improve retail operations and merchandising.

If you are a Matterport Service Provider that has - or would like to - add value for your clients using Matterport digital twins, this is a must watch episode.

Plus, you can leverage the Retail VR platform to shoot more Matterport digital twins by showing prospects how you can help them:

1. Save Time
2. Save Money
3. Reduce carbon emissions

If you have clients that already using Shopify and Magento eCommerce platforms, your clients will immediately "get it" and this Matterport-to-Shopify (or Magento) integration will help you get more Matterport digital twin shoots.

The discussion included retailers in these categories:

1. Fashion and Accessories
2. Food and Beverage
3. Package Goods
4. Home Care

In addition to showing the Retail VR platform front and backends, @Adrien includes a demo of the Retail VR convert 2D product images to 3D objects (so that 3D objects - products - can be added into a Matterport digital twin.

If you already have Matterport digital twins, you can take the Retail VR platform for a spin: a 15-day free trial.

To speak to Adrien, book an appointment on the Retail VR website.

Your thoughts (or questions)?

---

Are you a Matterport Service Provider that works with -- or want to work with -- Retail Store clients?

On WGAN-TV Live at 5 on Thursday, 31 March 2022, learn about how to add value to Matterport tours for Retail Stores -- using Matterport paired with the RETAIL VR Platform -- including:

1. Retail Store Virtual Staging
2. Virtual E-Commerce
3. Virtual Showroom
4. VR in Retail (More)
5. AR in Retail
6. In-Store Simulation
7. Product Launch Testing via 3D Virtual Store
8. Simulate POS Merchandising Locations

My guest will be: Asnières-sur-Seine, Île-de-France-based RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli (@Adrien).

For an amuse-bouche – a taste - of what to expect on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 episode, please see the short RETAIL VR videos (below) and the Matterport/RETAIL VR media release announcing their partnership (27 January 2022 | below).

Questions that I should ask Adrien on this WGAN-TV Live at 5 show?

Best,

Dan

RETAIL VR Links

RETAIL VR website
RETAIL VR on LinkedIn
Adrien Zanelli on LinkedIn
RETAIL VR YouTube Channel
✓ Retail VR on Twitter: RetailVR_
WGAN Forum: @Adrien

Additional Retail VR Platform Backstory

Retail VR Develops Immersive Brand and Shopping Experiences with Matterport Digital Twins | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 28 December 2021

Video: Retail VR | What do we do ? Reinvent retail and provide new shopping experiences! | Video courtesy of Retail VR YouTube Channel | 27 October 2020

Video: Capture - Reshape - Share | Video courtesy of Retail VR YouTube Channel | 14 January 2022

Video: Retail VR | Platform and solutions | Video courtesy of Retail VR YouTube Channel | 14 January 2022

Retail VR Uses Matterport Digital Twins to Improve Retail Operations and Merchandising
Luxury fashion brand saves 1,200 tons of carbon emissions with a single virtual showroom by eliminating unnecessary travel

SUNNYVALE, Calif., Thursday, Jan. 27, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR), the leading spatial data company driving the digital transformation of the built world, today announced that Retail VR (www.retail-vr.com), a virtual reality and augmented reality platform, has enabled dramatic cost and time-savings for a variety of retail clients, from food to fashion brands, through the adoption of Matterport digital twins.

Using Matterport Pro2 3D cameras and software development tools available to Matterport platform partners, Retail VR is enabling retailers around the world to collaborate with store employees and connect with visitors and customers using a shared digital version of each physical location.

“As the world continues to shift online, retailers must adapt with innovative, virtual shopping experiences,” said Adrien Zanelli, Co-Founder and Head of International Business Development for Retail VR. “Combining Matterport’s digital twins with our virtual and augmented reality platform will continue to unlock new efficiencies and cost savings for our clients, while also helping them meet their customers’ expectations for an immersive, online shopping experience.”

Digital twin adoption helps high fashion retailer cut carbon emissions

When luxury fashion buyers were unable to visit showrooms in Milan and Paris, Retail VR used Matterport Pro2 3D cameras to create digital twins of these locations for their retail customers, allowing them to provide high-definition 3D visuals and a realistic showroom experience for buyers to continue engaging remotely. With virtual access to showrooms, seasoned buyers can view a garment from any angle and zoom in for closer inspection of its seams or texture.

Retail VR can also integrate a retail customer’s product catalog and layer on multimedia functions to enable sales representatives to click on Mattertags within the virtual showroom to see item specifications or show videos highlighting merchandise when clients show interest.

Prior to having access to digital twins, buyers were required to travel to Europe from the U.S. or Asia to view new collections and place orders. In recent years, there has been a greater attention to environmental sustainability and net-zero initiatives. With just one virtual showroom for Kenzo, a fashion company based in Paris, Retail VR helped save 1,200 tons of carbon emissions by eliminating travel.

World’s largest cream and cheese manufacturer uses digital twins to streamline retail merchandising

To ensure shelves are stocked and organized correctly, supermarkets rely on accurate diagrams that indicate the placement of retail products on shelves, called planograms, from the brands they stock.

Lactalis International, a multinational food manufacturer and Retail VR client, utilized Matterport digital twins to showcase its food packaging and provide accurate planograms in 3D to stockists, replacing sterile diagrams with an engaging 3D object. Its new, virtual approach to retail tagging helps Lactalis get faster buy-in from supermarkets for its proposed product assortment.

Using Retail VR software in tandem with digital twins, product assortment options are generated instantly, reducing the number of meetings required from five to one and saving up to weeks of time.

“It is exciting to see the innovation such as Retail VR’s solutions being driven from our extensive and growing platform partner ecosystem,” said Conway Chen, Matterport Vice President of Business Development and Alliances.

“Matterport digital twins have integrated seamlessly with the Retail VR platform to improve digital shopping experiences, drastically accelerating innovation and efficiency for its retail clients, which demonstrates the enormous value of Matterport digital twins.”

Learn about how Retail VR is leveraging Matterport technology as a platform partner [www.Matterport.com].

About Matterport

Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible.

Millions of buildings in more than 170 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at: www.matterport.com

©2022 Matterport, Inc. All rights reserved. Matterport is a registered trademark and the Matterport logo is a trademark of Matterport, Inc. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.

---

Source: Matterport via Globe Newswire

--

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Retail VR
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV: Developing Matterport Brand/Shopping Experiences powered by RETAIL VR Platform | Guest: RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli @Adrien | Thursday, 31 March 2022 | Episode: #139 | WGAN-TV: Developing Matterport Brand/Shopping Experiences powered by RETAIL VR Platform | Guest: RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli @Adrien | Thursday, 31 March 2022 | Episode: #139 | www.Retail-VR.com

Transcript (WGAN-TV Episode Above)
----

[00:00:03]
Dan Smigrod: Hi all. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, March 31st, 2022, and you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.

We have an awesome show for you today: Developing Matterport Brand and Shopping Experiences powered by the Retail VR Platform. Here to talk to us about that is Adrien Zanelli. Hey, Adrien, good to see you.

[00:00:32]
Adrien Zanelli: Hi, Dan. Good to see you.

[00:00:35]
Dan Smigrod: Adrien is a Retail VR co-Founder; heads up international business development for Retail VR: www.Retail-VR.com I reached out to Adrien because Retail VR is doing super-exciting things; mashing up Matterport with virtual reality, augmented reality, and way-cool other stuff.

I asked Adrien and he was gracious enough to agree to do some demos for us today.

We're going to cover five demos: 1) a virtual showroom; 2) virtual e-commerce; 3) retail staging; 4) shopping studies; and 5) in-store activation – all kinds of great things that use Matterport and VR, AR, mashed-up with the Retail VR platform.

Adrien, before we jump in to getting these demos, how about some context first of all, about Retail VR, the company?

[00:01:43]
Adrien Zanelli: Thank you very much. First of all, thank you very much for having me on board. I do appreciate it. We founded the company in 2018, two co-Founders, myself and Erwan [Krotoff], my Associate. We are currently about 20.

We are based in France, in Nantes west of [Paris]. Basically, the idea with Retail VR is to see that the retail industry is going to be a top user of virtual reality and augmented reality for the coming years. This has been drastically accelerated with the recent COVID crisis and re-emphasis with the metaverse that is coming to the market.

When [discussed] with Erwan about founding the company, we felt that there was a major barrier in adopting these 3D technology is the cost of actually [creating] those assets. What we are trying to offer to our clients is a SaaS solution that will actually cover the entire retail value chain. We are reducing the cost of producing 3D assets.

Whether it's content, I will show you how it works. We have patented a 2D to 3D converter or whether it's the container. This is where the partnership with Matterport is very important.

Because we use Matterport digital twins as containers in which we are going to put our 3D assets to do all these "showrooming" experiences or e-commerce or retail staging. We are addressing the merchandisers, the marketing people, and the sales.

Of course, we are also offering our clients e-commerce – a new way of making e-commerce that is more immersive and that will bring more emotions to the client.

[00:04:28]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. You mentioned some tools for Retail VR. Maybe if we look at your tools – platform – even before we look at the examples, maybe that'll help give us context for what we're about to see. Does that make sense?

[00:04:46]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. Definitely. I can share my screen with you.

[00:04:55]
Adrien Zanelli: Let me show you the platform. This is basically how the platform works. You basically connect: login and password.

This is a SaaS platform. Then you're going to have different flies. The first one are the showrooms where basically you are going to store all the different showrooms you have. Then we have the objects.

There we have the product, we have what we call Smart Objects and fixtures. We are also working with projects. We have some analytics and we're going to also use a way or organize the way our clients are going to connect to the platform. If you have full rights or limited rights depending on the access you get granted.

It's important to stress that we are API connected. Basically we have all sorts of API's that can be connected to the platform. I have mentioned briefly the 2D to 3D converter. Maybe I can show you the way it's processed. It's actually very simple to use. I've made a short video. I will comment (over) the video. Now you recognize the Retail VR platform.

It's a basic drag and drop feature. Basically, you have photos inside your computer. It can be six-faced photos and you are going to drag these photos into the platform. You also have the measurement of these pictures. You also are going to drag these.

Then it's just a question of sorting the measurement and the photos and the machine will do the rest. After some minutes, then you get a 3D object that was actually created and generated from a single face photograph.

This is very powerful because it really helps our clients. They are able to create 3D objects on the fly. Thanks to this 2D to 3D converter.

[00:07:34]
Dan Smigrod: What I think is amazing about what you were showing is when we actually jump into the front-end demo and our viewers are going to say, "Wow! How did you get those bottles of soda or products?"

Whatever it might be, whether it's fashion or home, or food or packaged goods or whatever it might be – Retail VR actually has this crazy-exciting tool to convert 2D objects into 3D objects. Once they're 3D objects to be able to insert them into the Matterport tour.

There's a lot of magic that's going on with Retail VR, which is why I was really excited about having you on the show. How about we actually jump into maybe the first demo with the virtual showroom. I think now that we have a little bit of taste of how something was created, now we'll see how you actually use it.

[00:08:35]
Adrien Zanelli: I need to share the screen again.. One second.

[00:08:42]
Adrien Zanelli: I guess you recognize here a Matterport environment, the digital twin. Now the beauty of Matterport is actually the fact that you can have someone to scan for you all around the world. You're actually in the store right now.

That was shot in Singapore during COVID. We had a lot of our clients that ask us to do [Matterport scanning], so this is really practical. You can pick up the phone, find someone to do the scanning somewhere in the world. Now you're in the store.

You can see here, we have these video screens that are around the place. Also you have the products, for instance here. We offer those GABAergic cells of products. I've taken different products.

You can also insert those 3D elements. I will just show you this, for instance. This is a product sheet, in which you'll have the 3D products that you can play with.

Eventually, you can pick up your mobile phone. This is where the 3D comes with augmented reality. If you scan this QR code, then you can actually use augmented reality to have the product on your desk or on your table, or if it's a piece of furniture in your living room, for instance.

You see we have these product sheets that can handle video content as well as picture content. Of course, you have some text here and you can add these to the wish list.

[00:10:55]
Adrien Zanelli: You can have another set of environments, the same thing that we sell here. You have shortcuts there to help you navigate into the store. If you want to, for instance, [Here's an example of a jewelry display.]

You can also place 3D elements like this and add this to your Wish List. The good thing is that from there, you can move to the Wish List, if I can bring this.

[00:11:30]
Dan Smigrod: On that purse (or pocket book), you could rotate that now in order to see that product.

[00:11:37]
Adrien Zanelli: You can rotate this, and get it back to the Wish List. I had this thing that I can't bring forward.

[00:11:53]
Adrien Zanelli: I want to show you how to remove the Wish List but the crosses behind the Zoom stuff so I can't ...

[00:12:00]
Dan Smigrod: I know we got a lot going on with how we do WGAN-TV Live at 5. It's actually super-simple to do what you're doing when you're not actually doing the WGAN-TV show itself. We'll just accept that you could change it and it's easy-peasy.

[00:12:17]
Adrien Zanelli: Thank you very much. What I wanted to showcase is that, basically, you can then place your order and exit the platform.

[00:12:32]
Dan Smigrod: There's a lot going on. If we could just go back to that image for a second to that Matterport tour mashed up with Retail VR.

[00:12:44]
Dan Smigrod: Even before this screen, if we go back to the tour, is that possible? You called up an individual product, it was either a purse or the perfume, and you added it to the shopping cart.

[00:13:02]
Dan Smigrod: Is that a Shopify shopping cart?

[00:13:06]
Adrien Zanelli: Right. Thank you for asking this question. This is very important. We are Shopify compatible.

Basically, we have an API that is connected to Shopify, which helps us to import the product very easily. Also we are currently implementing the same thing for PrestaShop. These are two other CMS available from the market.

[00:13:39]
Dan Smigrod: I heard Magento company. I missed the second one.

[00:13:42]
Adrien Zanelli: PrestaShop, I don't know if –

[00:13:48]
Dan Smigrod: I'm not familiar with that. (If I saw it spelled out, I might recognize it).

[00:13:55]
Adrien Zanelli: There are different CMS's available. You have PrestaShop, Shopify is probably the most famous one. You also have WooCommerce. Really depends on the market where you sell your products.

[00:14:11]
Dan Smigrod: The point there though is you're staying within the Matterport tour while you're doing your shopping. Presumably the pricing that we're seeing is; actually, it could be dynamic pricing. Your client is not going back into a Matterport tour and changing every MatterTag to reflect new pricing that changes today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next quarter, next year.

All the pricing is being managed within the third-party platform using their API, such as Shopify, in order to accomplish that.

[00:14:44]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, you're completely right then. This is fully automated, and since we are connected to the API, we have the prices, the stock as well.

[00:14:58]
Dan Smigrod: That's what I'm trying to show here. If I happen to be a Matterport Service Provider, I mean, if you were showing this to your retail client, they would look at that and they would get it.

But I also want to just highlight, if you're a Matterport Service Provider, you shoot Matterport tours in your market, you're wondering if a retail store is a potential client. This is an example to see that the Matterport Service Provider doesn't have to think about,"Oh, how am I going to update pricing every day, every week, every month, every quarter, every year.

This is just too overwhelming for me to even think about talking to a retail store."

But now that I understand that, no, the Matterport tour, powered by the Retail VR platform that is using APIs from a shopping platforms such as Shopify, makes it super-easy, super-fast for the retailer to do what they are presently doing just tied into their existing shopping cart, and it's not a lot of work for anyone because it's fitting into their existing workflow.

Really, in this example, if you are a Matterport Service Provider, all you need to do is shoot the space or better yet, show them the Retail VR – we're recording today's show – show them what is possible and go, "okay, if this works for you, you use Shopify, that's great. I can shoot the tour and we can do this integration with the Retail VR platform."

[00:16:30]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, that's completely correct. Also, [you can see these video screens] here. You see, it's very simple. For instance, I'm going to add here, and you see this is very simple. I can change the color, and then here I'm connected to the Shopify mock-up. I can actually access all the products that are in the database.

I can make a selection, if I'm interested in let's say these products, I'll take a random product under these to show you how it works and how simple it is.

I can use different templates there, and then I go from editor mode to client mode, and there you can see up, if I press there, you're going to have the carousel appearing and all the content that is in Shopify will appear onto the screen. If I don't have any content, then it's me filling the Shopify [to specify the] products. It's done all in one.

[00:17:58]
Dan Smigrod: Stay with me here for a second because I think what we're seeing, there's actually two concepts in one and I think one of these concepts we're going to show separately.

The first concept is you take an existing store with existing product and you have a library of the products within the Retail VR platform – which is coming in through the API – through Shopify, and you're now saying, "okay, I have every product that's in the store because it's actually within the e-commerce shopping platform, and now all all I'm doing is adding hotspots to each of the products that I want to enable the customer to purchase, and I can either do an individual product or I can give them a carousel of related products." Am I doing that right?

[00:18:48]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. You're exactly saying what's going on and you can also add the 3D assets.

[00:19:01]
Dan Smigrod: The 3D assets I think are really your virtual e-commerce demo. Yeah?

[00:19:11]
Adrien Zanelli: 3D assets can be added into the store. There I have added a bag, which I can actually remove. Or if you see this bag, I'm removing it, and there I have a 3D element placed, and I can actually have a 3D object here. If it's a product, then I'm going to go to the product library. I would say the same thing as if I was going to that place to shop.

The idea is to go to the library and pick up the product that I want to put on this table. I've removed the green bag, I'm going to put it back, and there it goes. Then if you go, you move to the client mode. Then you can have the product that will appear here. Like we've done before, you can manipulate the product. This product is actually stored in the platform.

[00:20:24]
Dan Smigrod: What I think is super-interesting about that is, because I would say probably every Matterport Service Provider that has ever created a Matterport tour has had a client say to them, "Oh, I forgot to include 'dadada' in the space, is there any way you can Photoshop it in?"

In the past, what we would say is, "Sorry, what you see is what you get." But now you're able to say, "Hey, good news! There's actually a way to add products to an existing Matterport tour using the Retail VR platform."

[00:21:06]
Adrien Zanelli: True.

[00:21:07]
Dan Smigrod: I think you're going to show some things on steroids. You're going to show us some really exciting integrations but if you just wanted to add a couple of products, it's now possible to do that with a Matterport tour powered by the Retail VR platform.

[00:21:24]
Adrien Zanelli: Right. For instance, you can imagine having a shelf with no products on it in which you are going to position the products.

You can position backgrounds, and you can have a shelf where you're going to showcase promotions, for instance, or new release products and you can locate the 3D inside the store and actually change the background and then put the product sheet, as you would do on a regular basis, or as you have seen on the screen.

[00:22:01]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Adrien, I still have questions on this tour. Could we go back to the Matterport tour because I think we were just taking it as an assumption that when you display the Matterport tour that we were actually seeing video screens, video walls that were playing?

As far as I know, I can't do that with my Matterport camera so there's some magic that's taking place as a result of Retail VR's platform. Maybe what you could do is just at least point to that tour. I know we got a lot of things going on the demo front so it may be hard to pull it back up and you are probably maximizing everything.

I think the point is, had you been able to go back to that tour, what we would have seen is video walls surrounding that store and I could imagine Retail VR platform enables adding a video screen anywhere in a three-dimensional space.

[00:23:11]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes, that's correct. Let me try to share again with you. While we're talking, I've tried to show how we can integrate the screens. Can you see my screen now?

[00:23:27]
Dan Smigrod: Not yet. I took us off of screen share, but if you have it all set up and queued up, why don't you take us back into the demo.

Also, when you show it to us, maybe what you could also show is – In fact, even that's interesting that we're presented the screen in the language (of your choice) so you're not limited to hard-coding the text in English or French, for example.

[00:23:53]
Adrien Zanelli: This is actually the homepage, so you can have a video showing in the first page or you can have a picture, and then you are going to enter the store. I'm on the client side. I quit the editor mode and there you can see all the screens I added there on the top. There are different screens that I can add, so you can actually roll different videos.

Once we were exchanging, I've added this video right here which is actually a chocolate video, to stress the difference.

But you see you can have all sorts of videos there. We also have 3D shapes if you want to use the 3Ds instead of using the usual dots. As far as the videos are concerned, like I said, you also have the possibility to have videos inside the product sheets. You have the pictures, of course, you have the description, and you also have the video inside the product sheet.

Also we are connected to the social networks which means that if you want, you can send these to the social network.

[00:25:24]
Dan Smigrod: Is there a live guided tour?

[00:25:30]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. There's something I can show you.

[00:25:41]
Adrien Zanelli: We've worked on a personal shopper demo. Basically, you're on the website where you are going to select handbags.

I'm going to select these, for instance, and I can book a personal shopper that is going to connect into the showroom. It's not connected, but you can imagine, I don't know if you see the screen checking permissions.

[00:26:20]
Dan Smigrod: Checking permissions. Please allow this tab the use of the microphone and webcam.

[00:26:25]
Adrien Zanelli: Right.

[00:26:25]
Dan Smigrod: I think we're using the microphone and the webcam for our show, so I can imagine it's just a little bit too crazy to try and demo and know what we're doing.

[00:26:37]
Adrien Zanelli: But this is to show you that there you would have this seller, the salesman of this boutique. I can make an appointment with him and I don't know if you've noticed, but I selected three bags and these three bags automatically appeared in the store.

[00:26:56]
Dan Smigrod: I'm tingling.

[00:26:58]
Adrien Zanelli: I'm selecting the bags here and they appear in the store on those plots.

[00:27:03]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. I'm tingling. I don't know if that converts to French, but it's super-exciting to see what you just did. It was like, "Oh, well, that was easy." I can't imagine how hard it was to do that, but from a user standpoint, well, of course, you would display the three designer bags on pedestals while my personal shopper appears to perhaps answer my questions about them. Sorry. Just for clarification, that's a real person.

That's not a little chat bot, no, that's a real personal shopper. That's a feature of the platform and if your client wants to have a real person, then they can do that.

I'm not sure if it comes up with one of your other tours we're still on this virtual showroom, but I know that the Retail VR has done a lot with, I want to say, the annual designer clothing lines out of Italy. I could imagine that's a feature you'll be offering to your designers for their virtual showroom for buyers to interact with buyers.

[00:28:26]
Adrien Zanelli: Actually this picture -

[00:28:31]
Adrien Zanelli: We had two use cases for this. The first one, during the COVID crisis, we have these fashion weeks that are happening in Europe.

[00:28:44]
Dan Smigrod: I'm sorry. You called them –

[00:28:47]
Adrien Zanelli: Sorry?

[00:28:48]
Dan Smigrod: What did you say?

[00:28:48]
Adrien Zanelli: The fashion weeks

[00:28:49]
Dan Smigrod: Fashion weeks.

[00:28:52]
Adrien Zanelli: The fashion weeks. You have them in the US as well, but it's very important and you get people to travel from all around the world and they were stuck because no one could fly anymore.

We actually connected with CRM wholesalers in order to recreate a way to visit a digital showroom and to actually be able to interface with the salesperson that would drag their clients into the showroom.

The Japanese client, the clients from the US, show them the new collection during the visits.

[00:29:35]
Dan Smigrod: Were you using that live guided chat feature for those fashion weeks?

[00:29:40]
Adrien Zanelli: At the time, yes.

[00:29:41]
Dan Smigrod: That must have blown your clients away. They just must have been like, "Oh my gosh, I can't believe you're doing what you're doing."

[00:29:49]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. There is another use case in which we've used it. Could be a transition maybe to show you the VR showrooms that we are offering as well.

[00:30:02]
Dan Smigrod: Is this virtual e-commerce? We're not up to that yet.

[00:30:08]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah.

[00:30:09]
Dan Smigrod: Let's move into virtual e-commerce powered by Retail VR.

[00:30:20]
Adrien Zanelli: The idea with virtual e-commerce, I think, is being able to create immersive worlds, immersive shopping experience, whether they are related to existing stores, or whether they are related to the usage of the product.

[00:30:42]
Dan Smigrod: Hey, Adrien, forgive me for interrupting, but your screen has been frozen, and actually, now it's moving. I was going to suggest that you may be signed off and sign back in, but I think we're good now.

[00:30:53]
Adrien Zanelli: Okay.

[00:30:53]
Dan Smigrod: I know you have so many things open on your computer that it's probably affected us a little bit. Forgive me, we're back to virtual e-commerce powered by Retail VR.

[00:31:06]
Adrien Zanelli: Thank you very much, Dan. Like I said, the idea with virtual e-commerce is actually to recreate immersive stores in VR to either recreate the store or something that relates to the product in which you can place the product into the environment that it's going to be used for.

Maybe I can share with you the Nespresso showroom that we've done for Nespresso? Maybe I can share this screen with you?

[00:31:49]
Dan Smigrod: Yes, please.

[00:31:55]
Adrien Zanelli: Same thing. You get to launch its URL and then you can launch and get connected to the server.

[00:32:07]
Dan Smigrod: It's still struggling to connect and I just wonder if it might make sense to sign off and sign back in and see if that clears stuff up. Well, it just came up.

[00:32:21]
Adrien Zanelli: Okay. Tell me if it's not clear.

[00:32:28]
Dan Smigrod: The audio problem. Why don't you sign off, sign back in, and we'll just pick it up.

[00:32:33]
Adrien Zanelli: Okay, I'm signing off.

---
(Continued below)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued from above)
---

[00:32:35]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. I'll stay here. Adrien will be back. Retail VR, the website is: www.retail-VR.com He's showing these super-exciting integrations of Matterport meets virtual reality, meets augmented reality. It's all possible because their platform, the Retail VR platform, enables way-cool stuff using the Retail VR platform: their tools, their toolset.

I think we started to get a little bit of the demo on that first of five that we were looking at the virtual showroom, that was pretty cool.

Now, Adrien is going to show us virtual e-commerce. He alluded to this a little bit during the virtual showroom demo, that was pretty cool. This is the idea of being able to take a space and virtually stage it with three-dimensional objects, and I think at that point, Adrien can pick it up. We're back.

[00:33:50]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. Sorry for this. I wanted to tell you more about virtual e-commerce, or v-commerce, however you call it, which I think is really one-step towards the metaverse. I can share with you this experience.

[00:34:16]
Dan Smigrod: You can still have sharing privileges. Great.

[00:34:21]
Adrien Zanelli: Something I need to mention probably. Why has Nespresso decided to recreate a Nespresso store?

The reason is quite simple, is that for their clients, the store is very important. They have digital clients, clients that are buying mostly online, that still are going to the store to taste the latest coffee and so on. We have really worked on redesigning the store as it would be and you see you have some tricks here: how to actually show the cups.

You can select the products and then you have the product description. It's the same mechanism as we've seen before. You probably don't have the same carousels, but you have the same product sheets, same information, and you can put the products into the shopping basket.

As we were saying before, we have also obviously, humans are important and the sellers for Nespresso are actually called the coffee councilors.

We can also have an interaction with these coffee councilors and they can come and assist you once you are shopping online. The beauty is that, of course, you can change, for instance, the colors, you can play with the objects and you have also some information about ... Sorry.

[00:36:03]
Dan Smigrod: Now, this space looks totally virtually staged. Did it begin with a Matterport space?

[00:36:10]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. In the first stage, what we do is that we use Matterport to create the digital twin which helps us to actually get all the measurements, all the textures and all the pictures, of course.

We always start with scanning a real store with Matterport and from there, our graphic designers are going to basically redesign the store and work it out the way we want it to be. It's a process that is handled with our clients.

They actually decide on how they want to have the store set up. We also are thinking about the customer journey, it shouldn't be too long, we want to go straight to the point, so this is why there's a mixture between real merchandising and virtual merchandising, I would say.

I wanted to show this experience, maybe to stress that this is really, in my opinion, going to be the new way for retailers to address their clients.

[00:37:46]
Adrien Zanelli: Also, I forgot to mention that you can have the same thing, which is to actually put those into the basket. You can select the products and actually buy it. Then the same thing, we are twinned with Shopify and PrestaShop, so you can actually pour your shopping basket into a shopping environment.

[00:38:14]
Dan Smigrod: Cool. Did you want to stay on the category of virtual e-commerce or are you ready to move on to retail staging?

[00:38:23]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, I think we can move on to retail staging.

[00:38:31]
Adrien Zanelli: Retail staging, to give you a bit of background. The retail staging actually is using the converter, 2D to 3D. The idea there is to simulate customer journeys. When you are a brand and you want to showcase what the assortment or what a new product will look like into a store, or if you want to place POS equipment, point-of-sales merchandising boxes, these promotional equipment into the store, you can use retail staging. Then again, maybe I share with you the screen.

[00:39:32]
Adrien Zanelli: This is virtual. I'll show you in the first stage the virtual one and then I'll show you once again how we use Matterport, the digital twins of stores, and how we use it to simulate the same thing. There! I'm in the virtual store.

Eventually I get this eagle view where I can see where I'm currently heading in the store. For instance, if I want to place, let's say some pictures there, then I can do this, remove the shelves, and then from the platform, I'm connected to the platform, so from there I'm going to select different shelves that I would like to insert. I'm going to insert this massive shell here in there.

You see, it's very simple, it's just a basic drag-and-drop system. There I can position the shelf into the store. This is done very easily. All the products you see, they're actually recreated from our 2D to 3D converter.

[00:40:59]
Dan Smigrod: Pause there for a second. We'll keep this image in our mind.

[00:41:06]
Dan Smigrod: I could imagine this could almost be obvious that if you're a retail merchandiser, grocery store person, you look at that and you go, "Wow! I can see all the benefits." Let's step aside and say, "Hey, I'm a Matterport Service Provider, why does that matter? What's the benefit? Who is the audience for doing that? How do they use it? What's the advantage? What are the benefits of what we just saw for whom?"

[00:41:40]
Adrien Zanelli: Basically, if you address the retail industry, your clients may want to have digital twins in which they would like to see the assortment to appear.

The idea, for instance, is that currently we are digitizing our furniture stores. We are digitizing food stores using Matterport.

It's the best way to simulate the customer journey and to simulate the new assortment that your client may want to put into the store. If you are a Matterport user, you can go to any store, any brand owner that is selling FMCG goods or even clothes because we are now working for the clothing industry.

The idea is for them to be able to simulate the journey. Let's say that you want to remove the coffee bins and replace the coffee section with sweets, for instance, how are you going to simulate this?

Either you do it physically, which means that you'd have to remove all the elements one-by-one and replace with sweets or you can simulate this using the 3D. It's the same thing when you speak about a product placing POS equipment or a merchandising equipment, maybe I can share with you again the screen.

[00:43:29]
Dan Smigrod: Before you do, let me see if I can ask the question. I think about it as a lifecycle from the beginning to the end. I'm thinking, okay, the store, let's say – I'm in Atlanta – easier for me to think about Coca-Cola.

They got 20 million different kinds of products that they offer so they might go to a retail store that's got 200 locations and say, "Hey, for this half of the aisle, this is the way we think you should merchandise. You should have Coke, Diet Coke, Zero Coke, Sprite.

Every different iteration. How many bottles, how many cans? Height, shelf, depth."

[00:44:21]
Dan Smigrod: I'm not in the retail space, but I can imagine there's a conversation that says, "and we'll pay you X number of dollars if you give us this space and this is the way we're going to merchandise it." That's Phase 1.

I'm guessing there's probably an old-school way that has previously been done. Either you physically took a client to a make-believe retail store and said, "this is the way it looks." Then somebody says, "well, we don't really like that and they start moving the different bottles and cans around."

Maybe this is three or five different trips to someplace to settle on what that final thing looks like. You're almost showing me it can be done in real time in a meeting.

[00:45:05]
Adrien Zanelli: You're completely right, Dan I can give you an example. We are working with a world leader for dairy products called Lactalis. You have their Présidente Camembert probably in the US if you eat cheese.

[00:45:26]
Adrien Zanelli: We've digitized their showroom. Usually they gather people to their head offices.

[00:45:38]
Adrien Zanelli: They have 5-10 persons coming and then they discuss the assortment, they discuss this signature that they are going to put into the store, they discuss all these details on how the merchandising is working.

During COVID, same thing. This is why I've mentioned earlier that COVID has been a great accelerator for us. During COVID, they could not get the people in their physical store, in their physical showroom. What did they do?

Actually, thanks to the converter, thanks to the fact that we are also twinned with merchandising solutions such as Blue Yonder, Rolex and so on. We create on-the-fly planOgrams that are then showcased into these virtual stores or these Matterport stores and then they can share these with their clients.

[00:46:38]
Dan Smigrod: Phase 2. Bear with me. But I think first, okay, instead of doing these five meetings, which we now couldn't even do with COVID, we can have this virtual meeting.

[00:46:57]
Dan Smigrod: The store says, okay, I like it and maybe in a previous world, somebody would take a picture, a planOgram, a flat two-dimensional [picture] and send that out to 200 stores and say, "okay, this is the way the store needs to look."

I think what I'm hearing in Phase 2, once everybody has agreed to this space, how it is going to be [merchandised], then the next thing is, "Okay. Now we got to get 200 stores to look exactly like this."

But perhaps instead of actually sending out a 2D photo, is you can now send a Matterport tour and that's been virtually staged powered by Retail VR so that the store team, that stockers, I guess if that's the word, the stockers can actually look at it and see that it looks exactly like the three-dimensional model.

[00:48:01]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, exactly. That's it.

[00:48:05]
Dan Smigrod: I'm sorry, is there anything about Phase 2? So I'm going to call that a 3D planOgram.

[00:48:11]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. But it's actually setting in 3D planOgrams and setting it into the store, you're right.

[00:48:19]
Dan Smigrod: I'm also going to guess that you all have, because early on, you talked about the importance of APIs. I think you mentioned, but you actually have APIs to the planOgram companies that you can just, presumably, if your team is used to work with the planOgram platform, there's probably a format and then you can take –

[00:48:45]
Adrien Zanelli: Exactly.

[00:48:45]
Dan Smigrod: Export and import it into the Retail VR platform using an API.

[00:48:57]
Adrien Zanelli: For some of these companies, we're working on APIs. But otherwise, as you mentioned, there is a standard which was set by the, it's actually a US company, the worldwide leader in this technology is called Blue Yonder, formerly JDA.

They actually set a standard and most of the planOgrams, merchandising solutions are using the standard, so we can convert.

Like you've seen at the beginning of our conversation, we import the product 2D images into the platform, then create 3D, it's exactly the same thing. You are going to import these files and they are going to create these 3D planOgrams like I just showed you before.

[00:49:47]
Dan Smigrod: This is really cool. Again, if I'm a Matterport Service Provider, I'm scratching my head and I go, "okay, I got these retail stores. In Atlanta, I got all these big brands that are headquartered here." I say, "No, we got a team of people that work in planOgrams." I can't change their workflow. Perfectly fine.

We take the export from their planOgram platform. I think Elastic Pitch, Le New Black, Visiativ: if I've mentioned them correctly. In phase one, is just import them into the platform. Eventually, presumably, there'll be an API, it will make it even easier.

Now, this phase two of the life cycle of a retail experience is a Matterport 3D tour planOgram that gets distributed to the 200 plus stores and so they can nail it in terms of what it looks like. Now I got to pause there because I think now that takes us back to the first demo that you did of the virtual showroom because you now actually have created a retail store that could be online.

You've already done the Matterport tour. You've changed some things to highlight your products.

You could conceivably, then turn that into, not that that's where you are going. Conceivably, you could have a hybrid of, we have the store that exists today, but we have our products that are merchandised in this tour, and maybe the hot buttons only work on Coca-Cola products of which you can buy as an example.

[00:51:42]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, definitely. This could be the next stage or phase three and the circle is completed, which definitely could be to simulate the store and actually make connections with Shopify, for instance.

[00:52:03]
Dan Smigrod: Yeah. Before I go on, I think the point of everything you've just said and COVID amplified it, was this whole experience saves a ton of time. It saves a ton of money, particularly companies that are used to traveling people across the country and around the globe.

It collapses time. I imagined, even with the clients that you've had so far, that the Retail VR has been able to point out to say, "hey, we've saved X number of dollars, we've saved X amount of time." I imagine this is an ancillary benefit of reducing carbons just simply because you're doing less.

[00:53:00]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, definitely. I mean, for instance, when you are going digital, I've mentioned these studies, for instance, [Lactalis International], usually, like I mentioned, they share it with about 10, 15 people from one company. They're dealing with about seven of the main distributors in front. This time they could share it with over 350 people.

There were actually 350 people involved in these merchandising campaigns that could look at the digital store and their decision has been accelerated by the fact that they could visualize the way it would look. Also, you can imagine that you don't have these people traveling around to their head office.

You are saving also on CO_2 emissions, not to say, when you're traveling from overseas, like I've mentioned before, for the Fashion Week, of course, we estimated that for one brand, when gathering all their clients for the Fashion Week, we've estimated that it's 1,200 tons of CO_2 emissions that we have saved. You're saving on time, time of traveling of course of CO_2 emissions, but also time for setting those stores.

Because like you said, if it's physical, then you grab your client, take them to the store and they're going to change the layout to the showroom.

But if you do this virtually, you can do the same or you can interact with the client like we are doing now in the virtual environment. You can make proposal one, proposal two, proposal three. Decline all the propositions that you wish because it's all digitized and it's all related to the planOgramming system or it's all completely interactive with an API. You are really saving money and time.

[00:55:42]
Dan Smigrod: You're talking about such large dollars that when somebody starts talking about, "well, how much is all the stuff in terms of doing these Matterport shoots and digitally staging?" I imagine all of that is actually a fraction of the way old-school doing stuff has been.

[00:56:06]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah.

[00:56:07]
Dan Smigrod: Now if they want to do old-school, they can continue to do it. The Fashion Week and Milan decides that they still want to have in-person, they're going to do that. But for all those other buyers that couldn't afford the time, the money to travel, they can still have just as awesome a shopping experience, even with the personal shopping person interacting with them in the virtual experience. Shopper studies.

[00:56:37]
Adrien Zanelli: Shoppers studies, I'll be short about this one. Basically, the idea is the same idea with shopper studies. When you launch a new product, you want your client to test the products. How do you do? You usually use physical showrooms. It's very unlikely that you would have someone at a real store basically to run shopper studies.

Usually, you use a space where you're getting to recreate an assortment.

You have to buy all the products first. It takes time. Eventually, sometimes people use message billboards in which they print the assortment.

Then you have to get shoppers to actually bring them to that place and see how they behave. We worked with The Shopper Institute and these guys are, they have their panels of shoppers. What's also very interesting is that usually, it's very localized.

People don't buy the same way when they are in California or when they're on the East Coast, where there's our difference, the mentalities are different.

The best is when you run a shopper study online because then you can have panels from California, panels from New York, panels from wherever, even from overseas. What we provide is this idea of being able to actually run shopper study online if possible, or eventually in front of a computer, or you can use also the headset.

Then you are going to study or our partners are going to study the way the shoppers are behaving. There you really save a lot of time and of course, a lot of money. Because like I said, you don't have to physically buy the products. If all the brands that we work with are older, the supermarket chains, they have pictures of their products.

We use 2D to 3D converter. We create those 3D planOgrams and then we expose the clients to this shopping experience. I can actually share with you a shopping experience very briefly

[00:59:19]
Dan Smigrod: That would be great. I also imagine that in this testing process, if you quickly identify there's a problem rather than continuing with that problem, you can make the change, so you can iterate almost in real-time to get to the solution faster for less money.

[00:59:38]
Adrien Zanelli: Definitely. We found out that it happens already that they start the shopper study and then after 10, 15 shoppers, they've realized that there's something wrong so then they get back to us and also with the agency.

They rework and we rework the 3D planOgrams and then we re-push it. Also, the beauty is that I would say it's almost unlimited. You can run the shopper study on a complete store environment, which is usually not done, but you could imagine having one.

[01:00:31]
Adrien Zanelli: For instance, we work with Nestlé and for one of their divisions, waters, we could run the study on six different aisle, which is huge. Usually, you run this study on a few elements, eventually one aisle but six different aisles.

[01:00:53]
Adrien Zanelli: Definitely, it enlarges the way you are going to run your shopper study.

[01:01:00]
Dan Smigrod: You wanted to show us something.

[01:01:01]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. Sorry, I'm going to share that with you.

[01:01:07]
Dan Smigrod: While Adrien is getting set up, the website is: www.Retail-VR.com

[01:01:19]
Dan Smigrod: www.Retail-VR.com Your screen's just coming up.

[01:01:28]
Adrien Zanelli: There I think you can recognize the environment.

[01:01:33]
Adrien Zanelli: Since you're in Atlanta,

[01:01:42]
Adrien Zanelli: and it's working even better when you are in that set. The idea is for the consumer to be able to, usually, you give them a mission or you ask them to buy [this product in the way that they prefer to shop.]

So we make different versions. If they have a mission, maybe you're going to tell them and you grab the Cherry Coke, for instance, so maybe it's somewhere there. You're going to identify how long they spend. Everything is recorded. You also have eye-tracking possibilities so that you see where the people are focusing. Then they can put the product into their basket and then they can change.

[01:02:39]
Adrien Zanelli: "No, I don't want this one, so I put it back." They can actually run into the store and manipulate the products and buy the product and put it into the basket. By doing so, we identify how the consumers are behaving in front of the assortment.

These shopper studies are run with The Shopper Institute. They're the ones who then analyze and basically work on the study.

What we do provide as well is the possibility to run A/B testing. Let's say that you want to launch a product and you're not so sure about the packaging, you can A/B test within your company or with your panel of shoppers.

We can work a workflow like this, like you've seen very easily using our platform to actually create these A/B tests.

The question would be, have you spotted that bottle, yes or no? Then you show the bottle. Would you rather have a bottle in red color or blue color? Then you are going to figure out a decision tree. This is very easy to work on. It actually takes minutes, I would say, to work on such a tree. The idea is to be able to run for a limited cost, and have as much A/B testing as you can to make sure that your decision-making is the correct one.

[01:04:37]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Before we move on to the last category that we were going to discuss today, the in-store activation. Talk to me a little bit about metrics that the Retail VR platform provides for the shopper studies, in particular, but also statistics in general for all the different experiences we are looking at.

[01:05:05]
Adrien Zanelli: For the shopper studies, I would say that all the metrics are usually enabled by the shopper agencies, but we [provided] them with the number of products and the references that have been actually handled by the clients, how long they spend in the store.

[01:05:33]
Adrien Zanelli: Like I said, we also have eye-tracking for this. As for the showroom, we have the same information. How many clients have visited the showroom?

How long do they spend? What type of products they've selected? We can also plug the eye-tracking information system in case you want to really deep-dive into the consumer behavior.

[01:06:09]
Dan Smigrod: Do you keep track of time? We were looking at the live guided tour. Are there metrics regarding, do you relate back, "oh, Sally was the live guided tour for those three purses that you were showing us earlier."

There were sales that were made and we know that Sally sales attributed to Sally were X. Sales attributed to Dan was one-half X. Maybe we need to say, "Sally is really our star at doing live guided tours." Is there something like that in terms of metrics?

[01:06:45]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. Definitely. There's a personal shopper that comes to the store, we know who was there, how long they were there, and eventually we can record the whole process in case you want to analyze this.

Since we use the basket, because we pour the basket into the [shopping cart]. I use [imagination] of pouring the basket into the Shopify for instance, or wherever CRM [the client is using]. Then of course, we can compare the total sales of one salesperson versus the sales of another person.

[01:07:33]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. In-store activation.

[01:07:39]
Adrien Zanelli: Let me try to explain how in-store activation works.

[01:07:47]
Adrien Zanelli: I would try to run this demo.

[01:07:50]
Dan Smigrod: Stay with us. This a little bit extra effort to get this piece working, doing WGAN-TV Live at 5 with all our technology, trying to overlay Retail VR meets augmented reality meets, Matterport, meets whatever else. There's a lot going on and what we're going to try and do here – that Adrien is going to try and do – I'm just waiting for him to do his next step.

[01:08:21]
Adrien Zanelli: Do you see my iPhone coming on or not?

[01:08:24]
Dan Smigrod: No. I'm stalling for time while that's happening. ;-)

[01:08:30]
Adrien Zanelli: I guess I'm not going to work on this thing.

[01:08:33]
Dan Smigrod: We may get to do it once per session. Do you want to just try one more time on your phone?

[01:08:38]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah, let me try again. The idea is to actually use augmented reality to connect the salesperson.

[01:08:56]
Dan Smigrod: I'm going to let Adrien focus on the phone and just tell you you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5. Adrien, you think it's going to work or no?

[01:09:06]
Adrien Zanelli: No. It's actually asking me for a secret code, that's where I think we didn't get this.

[01:09:14]
Dan Smigrod: No.

[01:09:16]
Adrien Zanelli: Never mind.

[01:09:17]
Dan Smigrod: You have a video prepared and you're going to roll some for us to see?

[01:09:22]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes.

[01:09:23]
Dan Smigrod: While Adrien is setting up to play this video, I would say if what you're about to see is of interest, call Adrien or go to: www.Retail-VR.com There's an opportunity to set up a meeting with Adrien. Get him to demo it for you. It's way cool. It's really way-cool, but we'll watch a video of it.

[01:09:46]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes. And also, I think it's important for those who are Matterport users, there's a [free] trial. So basically if you have a link to your Matterport digital twin, you can bring the link onto our website under the section of Showrooms and under the subsection of Matterport.

There you have a 15 day [free] trial, if you want to use our solution basically, so feel free to.

[01:10:29]
Dan Smigrod: You're specifically talking about the Augmented Reality solution meets Matterport.

[01:10:34]
Adrien Zanelli: No. I'm specifically talking about what we've discussed in the first place, which was the showroom using Matterport, the one that can be connected to the Shopify for instance, or if you want to run a visit or something like this.

[01:10:58]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Let's see your video.

[01:11:00]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. I'm just trying to get this video running. Sorry. There it is.

[01:11:16]
Dan Smigrod: Share screen.

[01:11:16]
Adrien Zanelli: I'm not sharing the screen, am I?

[01:11:18]
Dan Smigrod: No, share the screen.

[01:11:21]
Adrien Zanelli: Sorry for this. There it goes. You see this screen now?

[01:11:26]
Dan Smigrod: Almost. Now I do.

[01:11:28]
Adrien Zanelli: So let me put it back. You've seen that we are using augmented reality. The idea is to push the modelized [3D] POS equipment into the store so that when you are a salesperson, you've actually discussed with the store on the assortment that you wish to put, but then you have the merchandisers or the salesperson that are in the field.

These guys quite often have to use paper catalogs, or they have to use PowerPoint presentations. It's very difficult for them to showcase what the insertion of a signature of a promotional item would be, so we use augmented reality for the salesperson to push those catalogs into the store basically.

[01:12:33]
Dan Smigrod: This is actually way-cool. The fact that you can be on-site, you've taken the 2D products, turn them into 3D, turn the 3D products into a standee, whatever it's called in the retail space, and now the ability to actually place it to show a prospect that say this is what it would look like here in your store. Very cool. At this point, what I'd like to do is just ask you some questions before we wind down. What kind of categories are the sweet spot for Retail VR.

[01:13:16]
Adrien Zanelli: If you are a Matterport user, definitely you want to aim at any of your clients that have a store. This is, I guess, very obvious that you want to turn their store into an immersive shopping experience.

Thanks to the effect that we are twinned, with Shopify, Magento and PrestaShop. For those persons that are related to the brand owners, I call them or industries, you want to aim at the category managers, the marketing managers, or the merchandiser.

These persons that are suffering, showing, and viewing how the assortment could be or how difficult it is to launch your product when you can use 3D. You see that it makes a difference, so these are the people you want to talk to.

[01:14:21]
Dan Smigrod: It sounds like, and thank you for that because I was actually thinking of something slightly different, which.

[01:14:26]
Adrien Zanelli: I'm sorry.

[01:14:26]
Dan Smigrod: Is retail. Retail includes clothing and includes product, consumer packaged goods, it might be food, home care, furniture. I am looking at the demos that you've taken us through today and say, if you have any physical retail store, you're probably a good candidate for Retail VR.

Is there a sweet spot in terms of size? Do you work with one individual store or do I need to be 10 stores. I need to be 200 stores.

[01:15:01]
Adrien Zanelli: No, we can start with one store. I would say that currently we are sometimes working with multinationals. I've mentioned Nestlé and so on.

But we have clients that have single stores with very tiny [product] assortments, but very high value of products, so these also are our clients. You really want to aim these clients so that they can sometimes have clothing, for instance, before I worked with the clothing industry, I figured out when I go into the store that merchandising is done, you have male on one side, female on the other end, the kids at the back? No, it's the assortment of clothing.

There's a lot of merchandising reflection behind that. It's very important to reflect how the merchandising is done into the store because this is what is going to attract the consumer and generate these impulse buying. We work with the clothing industry, we have furniture reseller, we have food and beverage, we work with supermarket chains. We work with different, I mean basically anyone with into retail, whether it's e-commerce or whether it's brick and mortar. Come to the platform and get our solution working.

[01:16:58]
Dan Smigrod: If I'm one retail store in one location, I shouldn't be concerned that this is going to cost a bazillion dollars or bazillion euros, I should think, "oh, this is a totally affordable solution." It's perfectly fine to be one store.

Retail VR would be perfectly fine if it's the head of the retail store that has 100 or 200 or 500 or 1,000 locations.

But you're happy to have a conversation from one store, to many stores and I think you're probably perfectly fine too for a Matterport Service Provider who does retail stores once they reach out to you to have a conversation to say, "hey, I've shot all these retail stores, their products are constantly changing.

Maybe doing a refresh once a quarter for them." But watching today's WGAN-TV Live at 5 show inspires me that I think there's an opportunity for me to add a huge amount of additional value to my clients. I just want to have that conversation with you, so I understand how this works, what you need, who pays what.

Am I the Matterport Service Provider going to pay Retail VR? Am I really handing Retail VR off to my client, and it's a three-way conversation? You're open to those discussions, whether it's a retailer, a Matterport Service Provider, or a major chain.

[01:18:34]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. Right. You're completely right. If you are a Matterport camera owner, you can use our platform to resell to your clients, a store, a retail store, for instance. If you are a brand, of course, you may want to use these merchandising solutions. If you want to create A/B testing internally or use the retail staging and so on.

[01:19:11]
Dan Smigrod: I'm actually hearing it could be any. If I'm a Matterport Service Provider and I do furniture stores, I might say, "no I want this subscription to Retail VR on behalf of my client. I'm just going to provide this value.

My client loves the fact that I just do it all for them." I have clients that say or photographers that might say "no, and this is a little bit overwhelming to me. I can see the value, but I think I'd rather do the introduction to Retail VR, but I want to keep shooting spaces for them."

They'll be happy to have me keep shooting the space if you don't really care about that. You're happy to have the content shot anywhere, presumably, yeah?

[01:19:53]
Adrien Zanelli: Yeah. We actually are looking for a value-added reseller at some point. Eventually for the US and it's specifically for the US, definitely. We have these agreements where actually you can be a Matterport Service Provider. Just want to use our platform and resell it to your client or just be working on commission if you bring a client, of course, we can work this way. Use Matterport Service Providers as resellers.

[01:20:34]
Dan Smigrod: Okay. Awesome. If you're watching today's show, your headquarters for Retail VR is actually in Nantes, France on the West Coast [of France].

[01:20:47]

[01:20:49]
Dan Smigrod: If I happened to be a value-added reseller in the United States and I look at the show and go, "oh my gosh, this is just amazing. I want to be a value-added reseller for Retail VR. Go to www.Retail-VR.com and book an appointment with Adrien and have that conversation.

[01:21:09]

[01:21:09]
Dan Smigrod: There's one thing I wanted to come back to because at some point earlier in the show, you mentioned metaverse. Did you have some thoughts on this topic?

[01:21:17]
Adrien Zanelli: Yes, definitely. Metaverse is also really going to change the way retailers are going to do business for the future and I think everybody's concerned about this and the US is booming on this metaverse currently.

We really are, I would say, everything's ready for us to bring our clients to the metaverse retail new world. You've seen, we can do 2D to 3D conversion. We can do these immersive shopping experiences.

We can eventually recreate complete metaverses for the brands. Same thing with NFTs if people want to consider making drops, we can help them. I would say that at some point we are ready for the metaverse: the "metaretail" ;-) Maybe that's the way we are going to call it in the future.

[01:22:30]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Is there any question that I haven't asked you? A topic that we haven't discussed that we should cover?

[01:22:38]
Adrien Zanelli: I don't think so. Not anything that is coming to my mind.

[01:22:45]
Dan Smigrod: Adrien, I think of Retail VR as this mashup of Matterport virtual reality, augmented reality, powered by this amazing platform that Retail VR has put together, particularly that tool that enables 2D to be converted to 3D, create 3D objects, and be able to put it in Matterport. It's got a lot of exciting stuff. I'm obviously excited. I called you.

I wanted you to be on the show. Is there a different way that you describe Retail VR? Is there a sentence or two? How does someone communicate this to someone else?

[01:23:25]
Adrien Zanelli: I would say that we [make easy] the 3D usage for retailers. This is really the idea, is to offer this platform that is very, very simple to use. For our clients to be able to use 3D, that is 3D is already completely used in the industry and has been for many years.

What we offer with this SaaS platform is really the simple way to access 2D to 3D, and really fill the value-chain within the company, from sales to marketing, merchandising, and this is really what we are aiming at. I hope it summarizes.

[01:24:21]
Dan Smigrod: Awesome. Adrien, thanks for being my guest on the show today.

[01:24:26]
Adrien Zanelli: Thank you very much Dan. I really appreciate it and I hope your audience appreciates it as well. Thank you for inviting me. It's a pleasure to be here discussing with you tonight.

[01:24:37]
Dan Smigrod: We've been visiting with Adrien Zanelli. Adrien is one of the Co-founders of Retail VR. Adrien heads-up international business development. You can make an appointment with Adrien at: www.Retail-VR.com

You can also see many of the demos that he's showed during today's show, either a video or a live tour to actually checkout at: www.Retail-VR.com In the We Get Around Network Forum, it's @Adrien – a member of the We Get Around Network Forum (www.WGANForum.com) for Adrien in France at sometime after midnight.

Thank you for hanging in there.

I'm Daniel Smigrod in Atlanta, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.

# # # #
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Retail VR Example courtesy of Retail VR
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Create your Metaverse! | Video courtesy of Retail VR YouTube Channel | 12 December 2022
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Retail Staging | Video courtesy of Retail VR YouTube Channel | 30 June 2023
Post 6 IP   flag post
CATHAL private msg quote post Address this user
Great interview, where do we go for pricing?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@CATHAL

RETAIL VR Partner International Business Development Adrien Zanelli @Adrien

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101429 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?