Video: How Matterport Can Help Enhance Your Listing Presentations to Win More Listings | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 1 March 2022

Video: How Matterport Can Help Enhance Your Listing Presentations to Win More Listings

Speakers

1. Matterport Senior Evangelist Amir Frank
2. Matterport Senior Director, Business Strategy Bernard Nguyen
3. The Hall Hall Group CEO Tom Hall

Transcript (video above)

[00:00:02]
Amir Frank: Welcome everybody. Thanks for joining us this morning or afternoon or evening or whatever the time might be where you're at. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. Again, welcome. We've got with us today for this webinar, Bernard Nguyen who is the Senior Director of business strategy with Matterport.

Very excited to hear what he has to say. He's got a lot of experience in residential real estate. Tom Hall is with us CEO of the Tom Hall group. Also a tremendous amount of insight and experience in real estate, and we'll get into all of that in a minute. Let's go ahead onto the next slide. A little bit of housekeeping.

As you settle down I just wanted to point out some things. We're going to have a Q&A at the end. What I'd like to do if you have a question throughout the webinar, and we can also go ahead and address those through the webinar, played as it goes. But the idea is to leave those live questions for the end. But please go ahead and submit your question as we go through this.

Just helps see them coming in and that way we may refer to it before getting to the Q&A or not, whatever. But use the Q&A panel. You'll see the Q&A button in the bottom of your Zoom panel. Use that for questions for Tom, for Bernard, for myself, anything like that. By all means, go ahead and use the chat to say hi, to chat amongst yourselves.

I like to see these webinars as meet up for all of us. I mean, we're all somehow connected to the real estate industry. It's nice to get to know one another and just throw questions out to others on the call or anything like that. Go ahead and take advantage of chat for that, Q&A for questions directed to the three of us. Let's go ahead and talk about how to win more listings. That's what this is all about.

That's what we're here to answer and promote. We'll talk about how to win more listings, we'll show you some stats. We'll talk about using virtual staging to retain your earnings and best practices with Tom Hall. See what he does. We have a model that he shot and everything like that. Let's first touch on what is a digital twin.

A lot of you might be under the assumption that Matterport is just another virtual tour company and that's what we do and that's what we've done and we're good at it. But you might have heard the term digital twin and not really sure what that is or how that relates to virtual tour. A digital twin is actually not a virtual tour.

It's a representation of the physical space. It's a digital representation of the physical space. It's like a copy of it basically. From that copy, and that's actually what Matterport does. Matterport is more in the business of creating digital twins than we are virtual tours. But from the digital twin you get your virtual tours. That's how that works.

We help you very easily create a digital twin of the property. In this case, it's a home. Then from that you can create a virtual tour and add features to it and jazz it up with things like Mattertags and highlight reels and all things. That's it. That's a digital twin versus virtual tour. Let's go ahead and take a demo.

While I demo this, this is Tom site, I just want to point out a couple of things. I'll have Tom maybe talk about this as well. This is a home that Tom actually shot himself. You can see that there are a lot of Mattertags being used. You can go here and you can see what this is. This happens to be a vegetable sink. That's awesome.

You can go here and tap on that and say, okay, that's awesome. Professional Viking range and stove. Here we've got soft closing drawers. The Mattertags add another set of information and just data that I wouldn't otherwise be able to know. Especially even though I may be able to recognize this as a Viking, I certainly wouldn't know that these are self-closing drawers unless I had this tag telling me.

It's a really nice way of better understanding the property. I can walk around and I'm guessing you all have experienced this. You can either click on the little circles themselves or just in the direction that you want to move. You can also use the keyboard to move. That's usually how I do it. You can just really walk around this space, experiencing it.

You can go upstairs, I can just climb the stairs as I would if I was actually at these home. Get to the top of the stairs and see the second floor. A lot of power there, and I can obviously see the dollhouse view. This is where you actually see the Digital Twin part of this. This is where you get to see and this is of course, accurate in measurement.

It's on my screen, so it looks small, but I can take a little measurement tool right here and hit the plus sign and just measure that for example. Draw measurement line is 25 feet from this wall to that wall. That's something that just think it's a typical virtual tour may not be able to do it. Whereas one that was derived from a digital twin can do.

Listing presentation. Bernard, did you want to talk a little bit about this and go into more details here?

[00:06:04]
Bernard Nguyen: Yeah, for sure. Thanks Amir. Hey, folks, my name is Bernard, I'm from Seattle with Matterport, leading residential real estate strategy. As Tom and Amir had mentioned previously, that a Matterport's are definitely a lot more than just your typical virtual tour, mechanism that you might see on your listings.

What a lot of venture would have done in the past is they're essentially using Matterport as a very key part of their listening presentation. They're using that as an additional tool in their marketing tool belt to differentiate themselves from other listing agents who might be going after the appointment. They will talk about Matterport's by way of talking about a couple different value statements.

But the first of which is, it's a very proven fact across various portals around the US and around the world for that matter to that listings with Matterport Tours get significantly more exposure. That's view count and view times than listings with just photos by themselves. The more time that someone spends inside the property, either on photos or on the listing properties page.

In this case the Matterport tour, the higher the chances are they will actually want to go tour the property. That's a huge selling point for a lot of your listing appointments. Keep in mind again, increases exposure. Secondarily with the idea of being able to tour the home from a virtual space or tour the home in this case virtually, it brings upon the chance of you getting a chance to show homes.

To out of town or out-of-state buyers. Personally again, I'm in Seattle, I'm shopping for homes in Phoenix right now. If any of your agents are in Arizona and looking for a buyer, that's me. But I look for listings with Matterport tours so that my wife and I can go through and make a purchasing decision figured out, is this a house for us? Does it have the right layout?

Does it have a nice pool, etc. Just things that we generally can't just see via photos. We seek specifically listings with Matterport Tours and we do that from afar. Here in Seattle. For me personally, I'm comfortable making an offer sight unseen. I think a lot of other buyers are there as well. But just know that's a really good value statement to use in your listing presentation.

The last point that I'll make here is that we've done a lot of studies and it shows that obviously the more exposure you get, the more buyers you get, the more offers you might get. All that really compresses the timeline in terms of helping your listing sell faster. Some really good stuff there that I would definitely think about as you take upon your next listing presentation.

I wanted to pass the microphone to Tom in case he has any additional data points that he typically likes to share for his listing presentation in this topic. Tom, do you have any sage advice for the group?

[00:08:44]
Tom Hall: Yeah, I do actually. I mean, I use Keynote for my listing presentation. Basically with Keynote, I can go through a digital, a nice linear presentation with my client sitting at the kitchen table. We all know as listing agents the kitchen table is your remote office, if you will. Creating some nice slides or having something in a printable version that you can give the client and let them know.

This is not something that every agent is doing, that you're providing more value. Obviously, it's all about value and a relationship. You're more than happy to share, Bernard, my listing presentation slides that I shared with you. People can see an idea of what I'm talking about. A couple of things I point on as aid during the coming soon status in Oklahoma with the Oklahoma City MLS were not allowed to show the properties physically.

[00:09:39]
Tom Hall: With the Matterport tour, buyers and agents can walk through that home in 3D space before the property goes live and see if they really want to go look at it. Again, I've got like four or five slides I think. How many slides that I have Bernard, about four slides that touched on Matterport. One is I like to highlight the fact that we can measure all the rooms and showcase the floor plan.

Because how many times have you heard from a buyer? Well, I really can't tell the schematics for if this room is next to this room? Does it have the mother-in-law split plan or something? Being able to showcase the floor plan and all the measurements of the rooms is very sequential, I think in being able attract a buyer that's more interested and more serious about buying that home. Definitely add Matterport to your listing presentation. Even if you don't own a camera and you're going to hire those services out, give it as an option and another value proposition to your potential sellers.

[00:10:37]
Bernard Nguyen: Spot on. Hi. I come from Analytics background, love, love, love stats. I think they're quantifiable. If everyone would be willing to just write these stats down, I think they're super interesting. I think they should definitely be added to your listing presentations. But some stats you should know is that we've performed a lot of studies with a couple of partnering companies.

The first stat is that 99 percent of sellers believed that a Matterport tour would give their listing a competitive edge. It would help them stand out in the marketplace. I've seen a couple of real estate website portals that have moved to allowing their buyers to shop specific for homes with virtual tours.
This says that there's growing interest in the community from the buyers and the venture pool.

In seeing home specifically with Matterport tours. Keep that in mind. The second stat and top right-hand corner there is that 95 percent of buyers are more likely to call about properties with 3D virtual tours. Like I said, I'm shopping for homes in Phoenix from afar, and I really want to see houses where I can physically, virtually in this case, tour the space, make sure that it's got the right look and feel.

Make sure that it's got the right layout. If interested, I will send an agent out there or send a family member out there to go check out the property for me on my behalf. The last point there is that 74 percent of agencies in Matterport win more listings. We surveyed a bunch of agents at random and we asked them like, "Hey, are you using Matterport, using virtual tours in general?"

A handful of them said yes and a pretty good portion of them said, "Yes, I win more listings when I talk about Matterport in my listing presentation." Like I said, write them down. They're super important stats to use in your presentation.

[00:12:11]
Amir Frank: Great stats. Virtual staging. This is something that you can use a platform partner to do. Can you talk about virtual staging a little bit Bernard and how that can benefit selling?

[00:12:24]
Bernard Nguyen: Yes, 100 percent. National Association of Realtors did a study, I think last August, a pretty recent study showing that homes with staging gets significantly more views and significantly more just traffic time compared to listings that are completely vacant. We've staged homes in the past and here in the Seattle area to stage a home for.

I'd say three to four weeks, which is the average cycle here. To stage a home for three to four weeks, you're looking at about $8,000 in total fees, $8,000 to rent your furniture, the bed frame, the tables, desks, the chairs, what have you? $8,000. What we've done in Matterport is we've gone out there and found a handful of really solid platform partners, what we call them.

They specialize in 3D virtual staging. If you take a look at these three photos here, with Amir, these companies have done a really good job at making one, these photos look extremely realistic. But two, they're actually very interactive. As you walk through the model and as you're standing on the corner of the bed frame, you see that bed frame or that bed in general in full 3D view.

It's not just a matter of photoshopping or superimposing a furniture on a 2D images. These 3D objects are actually superimposed upon the model itself. As you walk from room to room looking different angles, you see the couch, and the furniture, and the bed, the TV, etc., from all different angles. It looks really realistic.

I won't mention the cost here, but I will say that it's a fraction of what it would have cost if you had staged the house with real furniture over the span of a couple of weeks. Check it out. We have a couple different platform partners on our website. One of them is VRPM, and we have a couple of others as well. I'm flagging VRPM, because that's exactly what you're seeing here. It's really good.

You guys definitely check it out. It could be a huge, huge, huge cost savings for you listing agents.

[00:14:19]
Amir Frank: They do a great job with photo realism and there are other DIY solutions. But like you said, with a typical staging with actually some company bringing in furniture, the length of time, how much time you are renting out that furniture has to do with how much you're going to pay with this. Once the work is done, that's it. The model is complete and it doesn't matter. It can be online forever really.

[00:14:45]
Bernard Nguyen: I will add we have a couple of questions in the chat window right now with regard to just location and support locale in general. Yes, these partners work globally with all agents from all around the world. We have offices also all around the world as well. Definitely let us know. Definitely get in contact with us.

We can help you get set up with Matterport. We can definitely help you get set up with one of our partners as well.

[00:15:05]
Amir Frank: Sounds great. Especially with the staging in general, the whole reason is because we know that a lot of the reason for purchasing is done with the heart. You want to really feel at home in this space. Staging helps to do that. It gives you that. Instead of walking into a completely empty shell, you're walking into something that feels a lot more homey and you can see yourself in that space.

With these virtual stagers, they basically just have a lookbook. The demographic of that neighborhood maybe or whatever it might be, you can choose the look that you feel would fit that. It's just implemented very easily, so it works very well. I had a couple of questions for you Tom if that's alright.

First one, how do you explain what Matterport is to sellers during the listing appointment? Is that something that you have tips and something that you do to better explain to them what Matterport isn't? I'm guessing some of them have never even heard of it.

[00:16:16]
Tom Hall: Exactly. You're speaking hieroglyphics to a lot of sellers during the listing presentation. On the numerous thing, it's not just Matterport, they don't know what reverse prospecting is, they don't know what virtual staging really is. They understand the word staging, but they don't understand virtual staging and so people are visual.

Again, by using Keynote or let's say PowerPoint or a slide deck, you can embed pictures and samples of what a Matterport is. Then the best thing that explains what Matterport as Amir is the video that you guys made. Definitely share a sample of video with the chat window. All of the persistence and see what that video looks like if they haven't already seen it.

I share that video when I'm sitting there with my iPad, I'm like, "Hey, let's watch a quick video on this." It's about three minutes of silence, I guess. How long has that video, maybe a minute and a half?

[00:17:10]
Amir Frank: But I think 90 seconds.

[00:17:13]
Tom Hall: Exactly short and sweet. I play the video and after that they're like, "Oh God, I get it. Oh, 90 percent of 95 percent of listings are found online. Wow, they can see the dollhouse, do you?" They can see the Mattertags. It talks about how me as an agent is investing in their future and their sales of their properties. The video really sums it up.

I go through all the slides about the measurements about the dollhouse view. How they can see it during the coming soon status as a 3D tour. Age and out-of-state buyers being able to really understand what the floor plan looks like. But that shows it up right there, the video that you guys gave to us and that we can use and embed in our presentations.

That right there pretty much sums it up to all the sellers that I worked with.

[00:18:01]
Amir Frank: Did you use something like showcase? Well, it's iOS only, but I suppose anybody with Android can just use their browser just to pull up a model that either they've scanned or one from the gallery. Just to show here, this is what a matter board model looks like. You get this fully immersive experience and Mattertags and all that.

[00:18:22]
Tom Hall: The video play again 90 seconds because what I don't want to do is give the client too much time to start [inaudible 00:18:29] , or get sidetracked. I want to keep the presentation very linear and moving right along where I want them to be. I don't want to sound cold and methodical, but I want to get the cattle from one end to the other end and close the deal.

I want to close this deal by the end of the presentation, I'm going to ask them based on what I showed you, is there any reason why you wouldn't list with me today? There's, "Oh God, it was a great tool. Let's go ahead and sign a listing agreement right now, so we're not wasting any time and we can start getting this thing on the market and getting closer to having a sold sign in your yard."

I do share with them a QR code and a text code that if they want to play with the model later on they can. But for the most part, the video that you guys provided us, I mean, it shows everything that they need to look at. I mean, it is spot on. Again, I want to encourage everybody in the webinar right now to definitely take time to watch the video that Matterport created and use that in your presentation.

[00:19:29]
Amir Frank: Good tip.

[00:19:32]
Tom Hall: Yes.

[00:19:32]
Amir Frank: Another question I have here is, how do you combat the view that houses sell themselves these days? I mean, who needs why spend that extra on something like a Matterport or high-end DSLR photos. If thousands are selling themselves and really all you need us to walk through with a cell phone, grab a couple of snapshots, walk out.

[00:19:56]
Tom Hall: You get that combat of almost negative connotation and especially in this market. But here's the deal when it comes down to providing value. One thing I talked about earlier, the legacy plan. For all of you that don't know, Matterport offers, if you want to host a scan for free if you can't, you can host one scan for free and create a free account.

What I offer people is if they have raised their kids, their family, they lived in the house for 30 years, you have so many memories built up in that house. I offer them the legacy plan up. I'm like, "Hey after we're done with this property and I've posted out on the MLS and we've sold it I'll transfer the scan to you so that you can have it indefinitely and walk-through it anytime you want." They love it.

There's little ladies and little families that military where they might have had their first and second child. They got married in, and they loved the fact that I can transfer this face to them at no charge and they can host it and look over it. It's phenomenal. It's an amazing tool. Even listings that are going to end up with five offers. Wouldn't you rather have 15?

Would if you could just leave it on the market a little longer and get 15-20 offer because you have a more of an intuitive aspect about this house and you're providing it. I've had agents reach out to me for referrals because they saw that I use a Matterport on www.Realtor.com and other websites. I've had sellers actually reach out to me and just out of the blue and say.

"Hey, I saw that you provide Matterport Tours. I want an agent that's going to do that on my listing, and you're the only agent out there that's real promoting this.

[00:21:40]
Amir Frank: Do you find that by having a Matterport tour of a home, have you found that it expands your reach, your geography, with Bernard now he's up in Seattle looking for a place in Phoenix? He's obviously going to be more interested in places that he can better understand via something like a Matterport model versus others and he's going to pay more attention to those.

Have you found that to be true, your clients, the buyers of homes, tend to be a little further out geographically speaking?

[00:22:22]
Tom Hall: Hundred percent I mean, I think it's a growing trend and again, it pains me to not understand why more agents aren't running towards this. Wanting to take the easy route and not investing in their future and really embracing technology that will aid and getting the property sold faster. I've got a client who just moved to Colorado. We sold this house here and he didn't know about Matterport.

But after I showed in the video and he saw the tour of his house, he understands what Matterport is. Now he understand this. In his mind or his rearticulating activating system is now searching this out when he's looking for homes in Colorado. He said he's like, "Tom, I will literally spend more time looking for the 3D Tours in delving into those properties than the houses that only have ten or five pictures.

Thirty-six pictures. That's great too. If it's got a 3D tour, I can pretty much say yes or no, that I definitely either want to see that a hundred percent or I don't want to see that. The Matterport tour, I think, takes out a lot of the guesswork in transmission and it makes it more transparent. The biggest complaint I have from buyers when I'm showing them houses. Well, this looks nothing like the pictures.

The pictures made it look way bigger. The picture didn't show the fact that it backup to a railroad track. I mean, that's not going to keep the property from selling and you're only causing more foot traffic in that property by not being more transparent about its externalities or other features that you may think it's a turnoff, could be a turn onto somebody else.

[00:23:54]
Amir Frank: Good point. Do we have time for a couple more questions? Let's see here. We've seen how to use Mattertags. We've talked a little bit about that. What are some features and amenities that you typically tag and with you look through a model, you got a bunch of Mattertags.

[00:24:13]
Tom Hall: In the creek bend house, I went a little overboard because the sellers, they built that house with a custom-built over the luxury build. They had so many features such as the self-closing doors, the Viking professional range, the cabinet tree, the fact that it was hand scrape maple maybe or security systems.

Things that would normally not be visible to the naked eye. I think it helps the agent too. I mean, if you're an agent and you're going to go show a house, why not look at the 3D Matterport tour and really understand that property in more depth so that when you get there to the property and show that client in physical form, you can really sell that property and you can get it sold a lot faster.

Things that I typically Matterport or Mattertags are like, if there's a door. Okay this is a closet door. This is the pantry, and things that they just, if I'm not opening them. Here's the garage access. Here is the security. Here's the smart thermostat. Surround sound speakers. Maybe I'll do something on the floor if its a hand scrape.

Really nice flooring, I'll do a long stem on the Mattertags so that when they're walking through they can see it. I do a lot of videos on my property, so I'll put a video like right when they walk in the front door and they click on that Mattertag, they can actually go to the YouTube video and watch that, and you guys showcase that like with the Allman Brothers.

In one of their properties, and in the actual Matterport video that you guys provided us, the 90 seconds feel. It shows that you can embed a video in there, and one more thing Amir I want to talk about is, how many of the [inaudible 00:25:54] here work with builder? Can I get a poll real quick on how many agents work with builder? Any construction or rentals, or leasing agents?

Imagine being able to create a digital portfolio for builders that you work with. They're building 12 to 15, 20 houses a year. Maybe custom builds that are all different kind of floor plans and specs, and humans have very little visual imagination. They're just, we are not really visual imaginative people or creatures. Matterport takes a lot of the guesswork out and you're creating more value to the builder that you're working with by creating a 3D digital portfolio of all of their custom-built, so that if I'm a buyer and I want a custom build with this builder, I can go in and look at their portfolio digitally, and say, "I like that floorplan. I liked that floorplan.

Look at some of the amenities and features they've used in some of their previous builds." When you're talking to the builder, you can show them examples of what you want and what you liked and what you don't like. Versus a two-dimensional floor plan that's very non-intuitive.

[00:27:02]
Amir Frank: Makes sense. I also noticed in one of your models that you had, there were these very very discrete kind of built-in spice racks on the ends of the stove, and in one scan position, you had it open so you can kind of see how that looks when it is open. Then another one that was just normally closed and I thought that was really cool touch.

[00:27:24]
Tom Hall: I think as you're scanning anything definitely kind of open certain doors, and it may be tricky sometimes getting them to align. But for the most part, I don't have any problems. I even had a property where the sellers were home the other day, and I said, okay, well, go to the master bedroom, go to the primary suite. Lock yourself in there with your three dogs.

I'll scan the rest of the house and then when I get to your primary suite, I'll have you shuffle to the next room. They did. They went to the next room and I just opened the door and I transitioned right into their room, and little things like that. Being able to open a pantry door, being able to open the spice racks or something a hidden feature in the house.

When that buyer gets to that area, they can highlight inhibitor. Let's talk about car tours. Amir, have you ever heard the word car tour?

[00:28:15]
Amir Frank: I don't think so.

[00:28:17]
Tom Hall: Okay. Got you. In 2005 when I got into real estate. I mean people were still faxing offer, [inaudible 00:28:24] anybody fax an offer. In 2005, offers were very the technology was not there. We would actually go on caravan tours. Where we would get in a car. We would go look at everybody's listing, in the Tuesday meeting.

That was kind of common back in the real estate, the atmosphere back then or environment to go on car tours. Well now, people don't really go on car tour. They don't go preview an agent and our listing, before it hits the market. Or while it's on the market. As a car tour or a caravan tour. What would it look like for an office to be able to say, "hey, let's showcase some people's listings here."

Instead of doing a car tour or a caravan tour, we're going to do a Matterport 3D tour and have it on the big screen or the projector or the TV, so that or just broadcast that to all the agents of the links or text, and they can watch it from their old phones. If they don't have a projector or a big screen, they can easily look at the 3D tour, there.

You can post it to your your brokerages website maybe. Then all of the agents in that brokerage on their Facebook page, can look at the listing that you just you just took.

[00:29:37]
Amir Frank: Yeah. Yeah, exactly. I mean, that's good point.

[00:29:41]
Tom Hall: I could go on and on about Matterport, how it makes life so much easier.

[00:29:45]
Amir Frank: I was just going to say we have a client of very, very large commercial real estate company, and that's exactly what they do with their customers. It doesn't, for commercial real estate, it doesn't really make sense to go driving clients around. They set up a room where they bring the client in there, and they can see all of their different facilities that meet the needs and walk through them.

They have all the information just laid out and you can just do that instead of driving around.

[00:30:16]
Tom Hall: Exactly, it just makes so much more sense and so, one thing that I've started doing when the pandemic first hit Amir, is I was actually doing virtual open houses and I need to get back to doing that. I really do. I need to do before the listing goes live. I needed to do a virtual preview open house and make that go live and do a live feed maybe or just a recorded view.

Use something like EverWebinar. Where I've already recorded, and I've already gone through it and I'm just sitting back in the back making it look like it's live, answering questions. Kind of like start making and answering questions with some background here, you can use something called EverWebinar, and have the webinar to you already pre-recorded.

You're walking through talking about the listing, and then you can make it go live in maybe a real estate group or your brokerage and really get it out there. Talking more about the listing, pumping it up so you can get more offers and showing value to your seller. Because again, if your sellers sees that you're bringing value to the table, they're more likely to give you referrals and more likely to use you again.

They're less likely to argue about cutting your commission because you're bringing more value. We were all dealing with that right now in this market where, sellers are asking us to take a lower commission because they're like, "Hey, you can sell it. I got a guy over here that'll do it at 5 percent." "Yeah, but is that guy going to do a Matterport tour, are they going to do HD video?

Are they really going to pump up your listing? Were you really don't have to in this market, it could be make or break." I mean, it's a race to the bottom and lowering your commission, does not necessarily make them a better agent or give you a better foothold in getting better offers in the market.

[00:31:45]
Amir Frank: Agree with that. Okay, I did want to leave some time for questions from our attendees, and so I appreciate you guys sending in these questions very much.

[00:31:55]
Tom Hall: Amir, can I answer a few of these questions for some people.

[00:31:58]
Amir Frank: Absolutely. That's exactly what we're going to do. Can you see the questions Tom? Okay. Great.

[00:32:06]
Tom Hall: West Well, says how long does it take in training at being competent with a Matterport equipment for a non-professional photograph? If you've got an iPad and a pole, you can do this. Is that easy. I've had my 13-year-old scan properties. It is so so easy. I mean literally in one property you make maybe make a few mistakes.

I would say by property number three or four, you're going to be so proficient. You're going to have this down, and it takes five seconds to scan one scan area, maybe three seconds. It goes so fast. You can take as long as you want, or you can move really fast for property [inaudible 00:32:40].

West Well, again. How much training does it take? I would say after you scale one or two properties, you'll be totally cool. I mean, it's that easy.

[00:32:50]
Amir Frank: Yeah. Start with practicing on your own property, just do your own house.

[00:32:58]
Amir Frank: Like Tom said, it's just a matter of practice and I think everything that can be automated has been automated. All the color correction, all the aligning, everything is done for you. There are obviously some things that you want to keep in mind when doing it. Simple basic practices but for the most part, I wholeheartedly agree. It's just about anybody can manage.

[00:33:23]
Tom Hall: Exactly. I want to move on to Bene from the Netherlands, says, "Could you touch on virtual staging that included purchasable shopping items? Is it something that is being worked on?" Amir, that's one of a question for you.

[00:33:38]
Amir Frank: Yeah. Virtual staging, it's done through a platform partner, another company that uses. They'll take you, provide them with your Matterport model link and they'll take and then they just asked you, what look do you want? They have different things that you can choose through, a lookbook. That's the style I'm looking for, modern farmhouse, whatever.

They'll make it look that every single scan position in your Matterport model.

[00:34:11]
Tom Hall: I think that is amazing for high-end properties. Yeah.

[00:34:14]
Amir Frank: Yeah, absolutely. As far as purchasing goes while those I mean, that's a virtual couch for example. So it doesn't really make sense to buy that. I'm not even sure if it exists in reality somewhere, but yes, there are certainly companies, I won't mention any names because I'm not a 100 percent sure, I'm not getting into that, but there are definitely companies that create 3D models of their furniture.

This can be taken into and put into a Matterport model. You can put a little tag on that, a person can walk through, click on it. Even if it's not virtually, even if its actually staged in the model, there are influencers. There's another platform partner called Open House. I can link to that that basically has worked with influencers and they'll create Matterport models of their home.

Every little thing that they can sell, you can click on and you can just buy it right there. As far as e-commerce, yes, you can turn your digital twin into a complete e-commerce store if that's what you wanted to do. I hope that answers your question, Dennis. Tom said he puts on www.Realtor.com. How do you do that Tom?

[00:35:32]
Tom Hall: Well, you guys do it for me. I don't have to. Yeah. You guys have a partnership and Matterport has a partnership with www.Realtor.com and so it automatically syndicated to www.Realtor.com from the actual scan site. Here's the thing too, I noticed was Zillow. Zillow had their own makeshift scanning software that you could use it with your phone, but it was very wonky.

It didn't really work as good and as fluid as in linear as Matterport but now that if I put the unbranded tour in my virtual tour link in the MLS, it automatically syndicates to Zillow as well. Again, if you go to Zillow and you look at one of my listings, I mean, the 3D tours on there and it's not hidden, it used to be.

[00:36:19]
Amir Frank: Do you just place the 3D tour in your MLS and then all the other sites are scraping that or do you actually go and proactively create a listing on any one of these other sites and add?

[00:36:34]
Tom Hall: No. It all syndicates, everything pulls from the MLS nowadays. They've made it really easy. You don't have to go in and create or add ending to listings. A matter of fact, I don't think Zillow allows us to put anything on their site, it all pulls from the MLS and so MLS has the ultimate authority into being able to pull that information to the MLS into the other sites .

Like Zillow, www.Realtor.com, Redfin, anything that I guess, that's a brokerage, but I mean, there's other websites out there that syndicate this as well. Again, it's pretty much, you don't have to do anything but I used the Matterport tour for social media. I put it on Blogger, I put it on Tumblr.

I put it on LinkedIn. There's a lot of sites that I'll go through and I'll utilize that to the best of its ability to get more exposures and then what's even cooler is that you guys have created a situation where it back out because I'm really loud in there. These guys created a point in the site itself .

I can go back and look at it, all of the impressions and visitors that have visited that 3D tour. You've had 572 unique visitors that have looked at your site?

[00:37:52]
Amir Frank: Yeah, that's a really good point. Yes. Basically you're saying just add the link to MLS. With www.Realtor.com, I don't know about the others, we do have a syndication partnership, so even if it's not put in MLS as long as the addresses in your Matterport model and the address in the listing in Realtor match, there's an exact match there, just bring it over automatically.

[00:38:20]
Tom Hall: I know a good one says, is there any editing that has to be done when it finished? Yes and no. I mean, I go through and I measure all the rooms. I labeled all the rooms. I'll create the virtual slide real, I guess. Aside from that, and that's really all the editing in the Mattertags.

[00:38:39]
Amir Frank: In terms of photo editing per se, it's just the amount of information that you want to Add On top of what's already there.

[00:38:45]
Tom Hall: Exactly. It's super simple, super sweet. I mean it, I'm telling you this is why more people aren't running towards this I have no idea. l mean, it's just it's so easy. It's like, God, if you have an iPad in a pole, you can do this.

[00:38:59]
Amir Frank: Anybody can actually play around. I don't know if you know this Tom, when you sign up for a free account, there is a way, it's right there at the top, there's a way of actually downloading a sample model and then also a sample model we'll just right there as soon as you have your open up your free account, a sample model

Get copied over and you can just start playing with it and you haven't scanned anything.

[00:39:20]
Tom Hall: Yeah, I would definitely encourage everybody to go ahead and if you don't own a Matterport camera, go download a sample and just see what it looks like for editing. It's super simple. It's actually easier for me to go in there and edit a Matterport tour. Once I upload it to the MLS or once I upload the Matterport tour to Matterport, I would say within about three hours.

Matterport sends me the finished copy, I'll revise and then I just have to go in there, open it up and then edit it. It takes me about maybe like 30 minutes to edit, I'm done. Then I share it with the client and they're like, again, everybody's always like that is so cool, that is so awesome. They start sharing it on their sites and then everybody's starts chiming in and saying, "that was awesome, "

Because they'd never seen anything like this. Do you used to seeing, slideshows or still images with Elevator music?

[00:40:08]
Amir Frank: Yeah, exactly. Will the sample model work on Android? Yeah, absolutely. From a sample model will work on Android. You can go in awhile back, we changed workshop around so that it actually works on mobile. Yes, you can even edit your models today via your mobile device. You don't have to go to a computer anymore to do that.

Really cool. Try and make everything, all the features and everything available simultaneously on all platforms, Windows, PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, all that stuff covered to go and share, edit everything.

[00:40:52]
Tom Hall: One more thing, [inaudible 00:40:54] . I might prefer Reynolds property Amir, and I'm actually excited once I get my Reynolds property up and running to go in and scan that so that I can advertise that to potential renters without even having to lift them in the property right away. I'm going to say, "hey, look at the video of the 3D tour of hers and if you want to schedule a time to go look at the actual Reynolds property in person, we can do that."

[00:41:15]
Amir Frank: Yeah, absolutely. For Reynolds, it's a great solution. To do exactly what you said, check this out first, make sure it's what you want and then I'll be happy to meet you there but also that's something that you can use if you ever need to bring in a contract or you can say, check out this model. This is what I need to be to have worked on.

What do you think, how much it's gonna cost? They can take measurements themselves and showcase and so on. Again, without having to drive all the way out there. Totally agree with that. I have a rental property and a model of it. It's two hours away. I don't want to drive out there every weekend. Awesome. Thanks Tom so much. I really appreciate it. I know you had to multitask to join us, but I really appreciate it.

[00:41:59]
Tom Hall: Thank you for having me and again, to all of the participants out there, start using Matterport, it's a no-brainer. I mean, again, it pains me. why we're out running towards this and some people are running away from it but again, it's the future, it's the technology out there that's going to drive your business.

Eventually the market is going to flip again and you're going to want to position yourself as an expert in capturing properties, showcasing property, selling properties, great depth value. Start looking into how you can incorporate this into your business model. Eventually, I won't go to listing presentations and saying, "hey, this is my secret weapon.

I'll be able to say, 'this is the standard in real estate nowadays, everybody is doing Matterport.'" That would be cool. That's what I want to happen in ten years.

[00:42:42]
Amir Frank: I think we're heading in that direction. It's just a matter of time. Change takes time. I really appreciate it. Bernard, thank you very much for joining and helping us out with the stats and all that. I appreciate your time as well. Thank you for all of you who attended and asked those great questions.

Hopefully this information was helpful. You can use Matterport better in, I guess, in your next listing presentation and win that listing, that's what it's all about. Thanks everybody. Take care.