Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Class Action LawsuitsLawLawsuitsLegalMatterport Service ProvidersMSPsZimmerman Law Offices

USA Matterport Class Action - Update as of Jan. 20, 202216282

attorneyzim private msg quote post Address this user
After reviewing tens of thousands of internal Matterport documents, and taking several depositions of Matterport employees, we recently filed a motion to certify a nationwide class of MSPs.

You can download the legal memorandum in support of the motion, and the compendium highlighting the evidence and testimony, by clicking on these links:

Memorandum in Support of Plaintiff's Motion for Class Certification
Plaintiff's Second Amended Compendium of Facts and Citations to Evidence

I believe you will be shocked to learn what was actually going on within Matterport while they were enrolling you into the MSP program.

If you have any insight into the factual issues raised in these documents, or if you have any questions about the lawsuit, please contact me in confidence.

Sincerely,

Thomas A. Zimmerman, Jr.
Zimmerman Law Offices, P.C.
www.attorneyzim.com
(312) 440-0020
tom@attorneyzim.com
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
I've had nothing but wonderful relationships with everyone at matterport. I'm one of the earliest MSPs out there. They have provided me with so much work that I would never have been able to get on my own. That's just my experience for what it's worth. They helped me grow my business immensely.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MarcelloM private msg quote post Address this user
How??
Post 3 IP   flag post
ThinkLab private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray so they never contacted one of your clients ever , never scraped your tours ?

And you are comfortable that they own all your scanned data ? What stops them off selling it all to the Metaverse ?

Have a read trough those documents, I think there are 1000's more cases that can be added to that suit.

We all want what is fair, we built Matterport , Matterport didn't build us always remember that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

WGAN Forum Podcast #36 | Plaintiff's Second Amended Compendium of Facts and Citations to Evidence

Hi All,

Above is the audio from the USA Matterport Class Action - Update as of Jan. 20, 2022:

Plaintiff's Second Amended Compendium of Facts and Citations to Evidence

To help make this legal filing audio-friendly for the WGAN Forum Podcast, I edited and produced this WGAN Forum Podcast.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm I forgot about this.

I do know they have approached many of my clients and tried to get them to purchase cameras. The client information were taken from the details I entered in the tour. I know this happened to others and it was something many people complained about over the years, but I haven't heard of this happening in the last few years.

While the product is great, and all improvements certainly do help us all, the nature of their business approach with the MSP community certainly has a lot to be desired. It's not something you typically see with other companies who sell hardware to an end user. I certainly couldn't imaging Sony contacting my real estate clients telling them to buy a camera and shoot their own listings. Now Matterport has gone public, they will be required to show growth, so I can only expect these tactics to continue or get worse.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
@ThinkLab

Yes. They did contact a few of my clients. But how is that illegal? I certainly have contacted other people's clients over the years. And they even got two of them. But with the work they have sent me that I probably wouldn't have ever gotten on my own dwarfs that. I guess I understand that they are a company trying to grow their business like every one else. I'm happy to grow with them as I have had. Since I also started with MP almost from the day they started selling cameras, I have forged some great working relationships with the people there. Our relationship is a good one. Sure they have done things along the way I wasn't exactly happy about, but again, the other great things that came out of it dwarf that unhappiness too. As far as them owning the scanned data, I personally don't mind as I can still do what I need to do with that data. I sell 3D tours...someone buys it, I deliver it and it's no longer needed in most cases after the property sells or leases. I delete the tours anyway from my account. Regarding all the work I do for them, I upload it all to their account anyways, so it's a scan and be done. Works for me quite well. I understand everyone doesn't think that way and that's ok. It all just works for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
Interested to know what is happening with this. Or is Matterport still trying to sweep everything under the carpet to hide their dealings from the share holders and the new delusional investors.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101771 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?