Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 Videos360 Virtual WalkthroughDrone DeployExamplesHopscotch InteractiveVideo

Example: 360 Video Walkthrough of Commercial Real Estate16074

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: 360° Video walkthrough of CRE | Video courtesy of Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel | 3 December 2021

Hi All,

Here is a great example (above) of a 360 video walkthrough of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) space by @Hopscotch Interactive Founder Emily Olman.

From the Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel

This is a 360° walkthrough video example, one way to show CRE space virtually…and utilizing YouTube’s 360 playback for immersive walkthroughs - guided but you can look in any direction!

Thank you to the amazing Amber Merrigan at Avison Young for enabling this video to be produced.

NOTE: originally filmed in April 2020, early into the pandemic hence mask, booties, etc!!

VIEWING TIP: For the best playback experience, click on the gear wheel in the video player and select 4K or higher (instead of the default which is SD).

***Shot on an Insta360 One X2

Source: Hopscotch Interactive YouTube Channel

Your thoughts?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
This media method really is a good combination of a guided tour (a walk-through video) and a regular Matterport-type tour.

There are a couple hurdles to produce this kind of video (that I spent a couple weeks researching!). First one was finding a video editing program that could edit 360 video. DaVinci Resolve is a free solution but it looked more complicated that what I needed to produce real estate walkthroughs, plus the learning curve looked too steep. I landed on Cyberlink's Power Director. Cyberlink has a yearly subscription for $54 (on sale from $69) and provides tons of video elements as part of the subscription: music, transitions, LUTs, templates, etc. Plus good support. It's been working for me for a year, worth the cost.

The second hurdle was identifying platforms that support 360 video. I'm in the real estate media space. Zillow and all the other major platforms don't provide support for 360 video. So it really only works on a property's single-page website where the video can be played through YouTube or Vimeo. A lot of properties don't get listed with a single-page website, so the benefit was significantly diminished for using a 360 video for residential property listings.

Another thing to comment on is the idea of positioning the camera on the monopod stick. When you spin the view around in the video, you can see Emily is holding the camera out in front of her. This is workable. I saw someone last year (and I can't find the video on YouTube), a realtor in southern California, who built a sort of tented head-to-toe hood/drape enclosure that he walked in with the monopod sticking out the front. It looked like PacMan walking through the property. Goofy! I came up with a different approach. I put on a black baseball cap and held the camera (Ricoh SC2) just above the brim. When you spin the view around in the video, all you see is the top of the hat.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Labpano posted to their Facebook page the backpack (above) on Wednesday, 15 December 2021. It looks like it may be a prototype.

@Dataventurer

Thank you for the research on video editing software. Since both YouTube and Vimeo host 360 video, seems like that solves the potential hosting challenges.

As a photographer, I like the idea of taking the photographer out of the shot. That said, I could imagine that the person interested in buying or leasing the space would not care about the photographer - or real estate agent - carrying the camera.

That said, your thoughts on the above gear - two options - to take the photographer out of the shot?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Interesting ideas!

To provide a valid reply, I'd like to test out both ideas.

My first thought about the backpack is that the length of the pole above the user might create unwanted movement. You'd need to be a really smooth walker to keep that pole from moving...

The second idea on the helmet probably produces a smoother video. And it's something anybody could rig up on a bike helmet with a camera mount and some epoxy. Again, like the backpack solution, you need to be a smooth walker. This idea is worth a try.

I'm interested in seeing what the helmet-mounted camera picks up underneath.

I have a bike helmet and camera mount. This is worth a test.

I think my ball cap idea, holding the monopod against the rim with the camera above is easy to do, plus you have your two arms holding the monopod to smooth the movement.

If you are going to produce 360 walk-through videos, I think both the helmet and ball cap idea are worth testing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Dataventurer

How to Make a 360º Camera Helmet Cam

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
As a side note, DroneDeploy has a new 360 walk-through app ('360 Virtual Walkthrough') targeted for the AEC industry with features to document large construction sites. It integrates with an aerial view/map to pinpoint position (in the DroneDeploy cloud space) and its main feature are the ability to link paths (e.g., multiple levels or sections), edit and add tags to various features and communicate/share with others or public. I can see use cases in commercial real estate, also. Probably not so much in residential real estate, though, except perhaps working with builders to show off their construction design and approach.
I'm considering testing it soon to understand whether and how I can link a walkthrough video to a 3D model in DroneDeploy and/or to a floor plan which are capabilities I don't think are available in the approach shown in the video. Although the DroneDeploy app is not a video, I wonder if it can be automated along the chosen path to simulate a video.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @EaglePrecision
I'm considering testing it soon to understand whether and how I can link a walkthrough video to a 3D model in DroneDeploy and/or to a floor plan which are capabilities I don't think are available in the approach shown in the video.

If you go forward with your test, please do share video with us.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Good video, however I'm just wondering if some type of mini map embedded into the video would be a good idea.

I've always noticed with any type of real estate video, the viewer is at the mercy of the creator, taking you on the tour as they see fit.

One of the great advantages of Matterport is you can navigate anywhere inside the property at your own discretion, backtrack and re-examine specific areas of interest.

I think if you could stop the 360 video and touch in a different direction in the screen and actually have it navigate to where you want, would be a game changer.
Post 8 IP   flag post
DiogoCosta38 private msg quote post Address this user
Google translated Added by @DanSmigrod

---

Hi,
Wouldn't vista 3D video editor solve the problem proposed by @Dataventurer?

I don't particularly like the idea of appearing in the videos and am more inclined to accept the use of a tripod or helmet and backpack, but it depends on the camera that will be used as the Insta 360 pro 8k is too heavy to keep in a helmet or backpack.

---

Olá,
A editor de vídeos do 3D vista não resolveria o problema proposto pelo @Dataventurer ?

Eu particularmente não gosto da idéia de aparecer nos vídeos e sou mais inclinado aaceitar o uso do tripé ou capacete e mocilha, porém depende da câmera que irá ser usada pois a Insta 360 pro 8k é bem pesada para se manter em um capacete ou mochila.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101641 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?