Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingReal Estate AgentsReal Estate BrokerVideo

Video>Real Estate Brokerage Will Shoot Matterport of Any Listing for Buyers14932

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Memoshome Virtual Tours Powered by Matterport | Video courtesy of Memoshome Alanya Real Estate YouTube Channel | 17 May 2021

Hi All,

This is the first time that I have heard a brokerage make this offer:

We will shoot a Matterport tour of any listing that you are interested in visiting

Would your clients make this offer? Perhaps for out-of-town buyers?

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Deano private msg quote post Address this user
You need BROKER approval (not listing agent) to take any images of a listing that is not yours. This would be a monumental pain in the arse to pull off even if you didn't mind wasting hours of your time on HOPES it would pay off in a commission...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@Deano which state? its acceptable and brings the agent that does it business if done right
Post 3 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
It might even win the listing from the other agent. Sounds ludicrous but clever
Post 4 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
If I was still selling R/E I would have been offering this years ago.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
Impossible. It’s a plain outright interference in another brokers listing.

90 reasons it can’t work.
Post 6 IP   flag post
remaxvictory private msg quote post Address this user
Real estate broker here...this is illegal without the listing agent's permission, as is facetime, skype, or any video transmission or recording. Even photos without permission are illegal. Does it happen all of the time, sure, but I had an agent almost lose their license and get fined $2500 for posting picture on social media he took while at a showing.

The offer itself isn't illegal, although without permission, it could me misleading.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

For clarification, the video (above) is from a brokerage in Turkey.

Great discussion though. Obviously I had no clue about what's allowed when I posted:

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Deano private msg quote post Address this user
@glenntremain

California, but I think this may be applicable to all states. 100% sure this is true here as we had a video that we shared with a relo buyer in Michigan and the broker found out and filed a complaint. What a nightmare. Want to know the craziest part? The listing agent is IN THE VIDEO we took and was completely on board with what we were doing.

99% of agents are unaware of this and still publish photos and video inside of showings, which is completely illegal with the listing brokers authorization.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
I hear a lot of talk on many forums talk about what is illegal and yet can't show the actual MLS rule code. This has been done for 50 years with agents taking photos that the original photos didn't get..to videos for potential out of country buyer and so on. I am a IDX Provider with 140 MLS boards throughout the country and will ask CARETS,SANDICOR, BrightMLS, HAR, PBBORMLS and NYSMLS and will report back in a few weeks...and if I get the printed rules from them that proves I'm wrong I will post it. It's absurd that it's not allowed and when this came up with a complaint in 2009 from a broker I asked them to send the law and would they go on the record as saying they had a problem with a buyer agent trying to sell a home they represent....they couldn't and dropped their complaint.....and soon after the buyer's agent closed the deal. But if it's the law and not someone thinking they own the digital asset (the homeowner does not the agent, broker or photographer if it is done right) this last statement I know will ruffle feathers ad I'm too busy to waste time on it but I will send my finding in a few weeks
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

That was my idea when I started but it was hard to find a buyer who was looking for it. You just need to be there where interstate buyers are expressing their concerns of inspecting some properties in a different state and you are allowed to offer it to them without your post being removed.

I had one job though last year but it was about buying an expensive yacht located in Australia near me while its potential buyer was in USA.

At the end the buyer was very happy and even gave me 20% tip(not typical at all in Australia but I really appreciate it).

Since it was a private matter I cannot share it without their permission. I also have decided not to bug them with questions whether they have bought it or not. However considering all aspects of a job I scanned it from top to the bottom(5 deck and almost 450 sqm in total) and even used my DSLR to take close up shoots of a badly scratched floor that Matterport tour could not show in great details.

Not sure if they were busy to come and inspect it in person but it
a) would definitely cost them less to scan than to fly in, especially if they want all family members to take a part in their decision
b) it was during Covid-19 with a lot of active cases in my state and I do not believe they could come even if they were happy to pay for plane tickets and accommodation.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
sorry went off track with a yacht example.

Back to properties, it is also most important to offer it at the right time.

Now it won't work in Brisbane. Buyers are queuing & waiting under rain outside to inspect properties for sale in Brisbane. My friends went through it recently and I heard a lot of bad words from them about agents behaving like jerks seeing they can get 10-30 offers without doing anything. I just do not think they would care to add another potential buyer if it makes them to lift one finger not to mention to ask a vendor for permissions to do it.

I have found a great local article explaining how people move interstate due to some areas being quite expensive because they can get an big property upsize and still save money(Sydney -> Brisbane for example). I have decided to use it to create a post in a special group for agents explaining them that with a tour they can get a Sydney buyer with a huge pocket offering them much more than a local buyer. It is simply because a median price in Sydney is like 2 times more than in Brisbane.

Not a word from agents received on my post, they do not seem to add 2+2 understanding that it will make their commission bigger.

The only guy who has commented something like "Great idea" is an admin of the group who is also
a manager for agents services on the second biggest MLS in Australia.

I can probably guess that an agent when they can sell without any effort will not do anything to let you access a property for interstate or international buyer tours.

BTW, while I almost finished typing this post I got a call from a marketing agency asking me to do two catamarans. What are the chances!
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Deano
@GlennTremain
@Wingman
@3DVirtuallyThere
@Expertise
@remaxvictory
@3dVuz

Alanya, Antalya, Turkey-based Memoshome Investment Assistant Manager Elmira Gürses (in the video above) emailed me:

[i]Hello, I just took a peek at the Forum where you shared our Matterport mappings on request video. To clarify, we do get permission from property owners or other agents who have specific listings we need to get 3D mapping off.

Alanya is pretty small, most companies are in friendly terms with each other and they will allow this kind of information/pictures/video sharing if they believe it will help them sell.

Thank you for your interest.

Maybe you can ask your forum friends to visit our website and social media for some beneficial traffic![/b]

Dan

PS I added the links to her post as a "thank you" for the insight.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@3DVirtuallyThere
@Expertise
@remaxvictory
@3dVuz

Please see comment from agent in this discussion.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
101592 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?