Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Add OnsFireFloodInsuranceMarketing

New Revenue Stream for Matterport Service Providers? This Add On?14498

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I am doing a Matterport scan of our home today (Wednesday, 24 March 2021) for insurance documentation of possessions (just in case of a fire or flood). (The last time I scan our home was July 2014 when I bought the Matterport Pro1 3D Camera.)

Over the years, we have had three floods in the house (different reasons). Each time, the insurance adjuster has asked us to list our possessions damaged (and provide purchase receipts or our best guess of purchase price).

When you have a flood, at least you have the water-damaged furniture, etc.

If there was a fire, I likely would not remember everything that we owned (without the benefit of today's Matterport digital twin).

Anyway, that's a long way to say, it got me thinking ...

Does the Matterport scan have value to the home seller after the home has been sold for insurance documentation of possessions?

If so, could you either sell an Add On to the real estate agent (as a thank you gift to their client) or directly to the homeowner after the house sells?

Storage/Hosting

Now, depending when you have a New Matterport Cloud Account or a Matterport Classic Pricing Account (2019 or older):

New Matterport Cloud Account

✓ Option 1: 1x fee if need to make live for an insurance claim
✓ Option 2: X per month for hosting
✓ Option 3: Free if needed for insurance claim (since you can set to the Matterport digital twin to inactive until you need it). Differentiate yourself? (And, it does not cost you anything!!!)

Matterport Classic Pricing

✓ X per month for hosting (since you can not set to inactive, you need to receive recurring revenue

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Seems like the right messaging to the agent for the home seller would leave a positive lasting marketing message with the home seller (to tell their friends/family/colleagues that want to sell their home)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,
What a smart idea!
Mike Freedman, a very smart marketing guy who worked with Paul Kaye in London photographing the great and the good (One afternoon back in the 1990's he sold a client £130,000 worth of wall portraits) always said that you should consume your own product.
As portrait photographers having your own family portrait on the wall acted as a conversation piece.
As Matterport photographers being able to reference the security tour of your own home has a similar function.
That's my job for the forthcoming Easter weekend holiday!
Kind regards
Oliver
Post 2 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
this is something we've thrown around here more than once. I shoot for a company who took the capture app of their platform, added an overlay to include assets (built in appliances as an example) and asset tags (model and serial #) so we simply click on add asset within the app, using your phone capture that image, then click on asset tag and shoot the model & serial number plate of the appliance. Their backend AI then knows the age of the asset, approximate retail price and depreciation of the asset. One could do the same using Mattertags for the assets. The "tough sell" is the value proposition to the homeowner.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Gladsmuir
As Matterport photographers being able to reference the security tour of your own home has a similar function.
That's my job for the forthcoming Easter weekend holiday!

@Gladsmuir

I incorrectly assumed that the first Matterport scan we all do is our home.

@tmroberts

I wonder if all MSPs on a Matterport Cloud New Pricing account (where you can make the tour inactive and not be charged for hosting) could print on the reverse side of their business card:

"If your client ever has an insurance claim, the Matterport digital twin we shot for you will be invaluable in filing an insurance claim regarding their possessions. We save an archived version of the Matterport digital twin for five years [i]unless directed by you to delete." [/i](Goodwill, differentiator, client saves card, client asks for your card to give to their client, etc.)

You can either have a price conversation with the client if/when the Matterport digital twin is reactivated. I could imagine the real estate agent - or homeowner - asking, "how much to keep the tour live?" (Come up with an annual fee for hosting! That's the Add On. You already shot it; make some more money while helping with an insurance claim.)

Thoughts?

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod yes or it could be any tour host, not just Matterport. It could be an entry into the residential homeowner market for the additional revenue stream. Perfect example I am a collector of a rather unique product. My homeowners insurance company requires I have rider for the collectibles. I have a visit every January from the insurance appraiser to have the collection updated from a value standpoint. In the future I could just send the tour and note and changes to the collection using some form of tags inserted into the tour. Seems there could be value for the average homeowner with an offering of that nature.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@tmroberts

I suspect there is a different for average homeowner and a higher end homeowner (that might be willing to pay for tagging).

As you mention, it could be any tour host. That's a great point. iGUIDE, for example, includes one year hosting in their 1x cost (no subscription). That said, my understanding, in their years of existence, they have never charged for years 2,3,4,5, etc.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
cgraft private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I think most of us scan our homes first thing when a shiny new camera gets delivered. Probably still a pretty safe assumption.

I have scanned mine a dozen or more times trying to master how changes in scan points affect the flow of the final tour & can minimize the number of scans required.

Also, it's helpful to play with different lighting!
Post 7 IP   flag post
101602 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?