Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ARConnectAugmented RealityCAPTUR3DTranscriptVideo

Transcript: Augmented Reality (AR) of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D14368

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
92-WGAN-TV Live at 5: DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Digital Twins powered by CAPTUR3D and Augmented Reality Mashup with Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D's ARConnect App. Guest: PHORIA Co-Founder and COO Steven Kounnas. Thursday, 25 February 2021

Transcript: Augmented Reality (AR) of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D

---
Receive 6 free CAPTUR3D 2D Floor Plans and 6 free CAPTUR3D Site Plans when you use this WGAN Affiliate Link to create a free CAPTUR3D account.
---

Hi All,

==>Start at 0:30:05 for DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D
==>Start at 1:20:03 for Augmented Reality of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D

CAPTUR3D adds HUGE value to Matterport Service Providers, clients and the entire Matterport Eco-System (across verticals, across the country and around the globe.)

This WGAN-TV Live at 5 show covered:

1. DIY Virtual Staging of Matterport Digital Twins powered by CAPTUR3D
2. Augmented Reality (AR) Mashup of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D ARConnect App
3. How to participate in the free beta programs for CAPTUR3D Virtual Staging and Augmented Reality
4. High-Level Overview of CAPTUR3D platform
5. What's New in CAPTUR3D: UX/UI
6. CAPTUR3D Template Creator
7. CAPTUR3D White Label on ARConnect
8. CAPTUR3D White Label of Single Property Websites (your domain and SEO benefiting your website)
9. CAPTUR3D Coming Soon: Credits for Payments of CAPTUR3D Services
10.Impact of Matterport Going Public on CAPTUR3D

Thanks to PHORIA Co-Founder and COO Steven Kounnas for providing WGAN-TV with the world premiere of DIY virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by CAPTUR3D.

---
Receive 6 free CAPTUR3D 2D Floor Plans and 6 free CAPTUR3D Site Plans when you use this WGAN Affiliate Link to create a free CAPTUR3D account.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Look for the elephant in the room!

--
WGAN-TV DIY Virtual Staging and AR of Matterport Spaces powered by CAPTUR3D

---

Transcript (video above)

- Hi all. I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum. Today is Thursday, February 25, 2021. And you're watching WGAN-TV Live at 5. We have an awesome show for you today.

CAPTUR3D. We're going to be talking about do it yourself Matterport virtual staging powered by CAPTUR3D.

And... we're going to be talking about augmented reality meets Matterport. And we have absolutely the perfect subject matter expert to talk to us today, Steven Kounnas. Hey Steven, good to see you again.

- Likewise, thanks for having me.

- You bet. Steven's been on our show a number of times. He is Phoria co-Founder, Chief Operating Officer, and Phoria is the parent company of CAPTUR3D. First, Steven, you have an amazing platform, CAPTUR3D.

Before we jump into virtual staging, before we jump into augmented reality, how about, for those that haven't watched the five other shows that you were on talking about each aspect of CAPTUR3D ... how about giving us just a big picture overview of the CAPTUR3D platform.

- Yeah, absolutely. Again, thanks for having me on, and really excited to share some exciting news. As you mentioned, we've done a few of these in the past, going through different parts of the platform, and we're constantly developing and adding to the feature suites that we have there. So as a really brief background, we started CAPTUR3D back in 2015.

So now almost six years ago, when we were just using the system for ourselves. We had grown a Matterport network of over 15 technicians here in Australia and New Zealand. Matterport came to us and asked us to become the reseller and distributor for Australia, New Zealand.

And that's when we decided to turn our software platform into a forward-facing tool that anyone can make use of. And primarily to begin with, it was a booking and scheduling tool. That's what we were using it for. And since then we've been building out a number of different features. A lot of our customers would know us for our fantastic floor plans.

So we do complete customized floor plans. You can upload a design that you would like us to replicate. It could be a site plan, a floor plan, even a 3D plan. We've actually got a promotion on right now, order any 3D plan and you'll get a free 2D plan absolutely complimentary of that.

The secondary features are more around the virtual tour and the experience behind it. So our virtual tour branding, our branding bars, our logos, our link backs, our client contact information all within the branding bars.

And also the analytics that track behind it, so heat map analytics and scheduling those to send out to clients. In addition to this, once you get all these pieces together, you can put it together in a one-page website.

We'll be going through an update later in the show around some of the fantastic new experiences that our developers have created recently. Some beautiful property, one page property websites. And helping you manage everything as well. We do have a backend system for post-production.

So the ideal outcome is that you're so busy scanning that you don't have time to do your Highlight Reel, your photo extraction, your start points, and we're here to help. We've got over five years of experience in doing post-production in all sorts of different experiences, be it real estate, commercial, retail, or even museums.

So our team can automatically create your Highlight Reels for you and extract your photos. And then the finishing piece to that puzzle is once you've got your photos, if you need to do photo retouching, our system's there in place for you to do that. Simple click, order that photo retouching, and it's back to you within a few hours.

Outside of that, one of the other pieces that we did speak about last time we were on the show was our client portal. So collaborator accesses are limited on Matterport. So what we've provided our customers is a branded portal that they can send their clients. And so it looks like their company portal. When you log in, you see all of the tours and experiences associated to a particular client.

Again, we'll be going through a little bit of that today right at the end; in some updates that we've got going on. And finally, once you've got all that content, we've got our delivery email system. So packaging it all up with your logos and zipping up all the photos, the floor plans, and the virtual tours, and sending that through in a really simple way to deliver the content.

And that is us in a nutshell, with a number of exciting features to come as well.

- Yeah, that's an awesome summary, high-level summary for CAPTUR3D. Before we jump into do it yourself Matterport virtual staging, before we jump into the augmented reality from CAPTUR3D, I think you have some additional news that you'd like to share with WGAN-TV viewers.

- Yeah, so this is just in relation to updating the UI and UX of the platform. So with all of these new features coming in, we needed a really simple way to host them and allow our customers to make the best use out of it.

When we initially created the system or platform, there were only a few features there. And so we could be a little bit more liberal with where things were on the page. Our design and development team have taken the time to do a lot of research and to understand how best we can serve a lot of this to our clientele, to make the most out of what's to come as well into the future.

And I might be able to give some indications around some even further future features and what we're preparing for when you have a look at this new design. I can quickly give you an example if you'd like, and run you through the page.

- Sure, that'd be great. Sure, and while Steven's getting set for the page, I'm going to suggest, to get to the page, use the WGAN affiliate link, because that will get you six free CAPTUR3D floor plans. And that will get you six free CAPTUR3D site plans.

It's wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d That's wgan.info/captur3d And then let's see, it looks like we are on the backend of the content management system for CAPTUR3D.

- So you can see my page here?

- Yep.

- Fantastic. So this is the backend. This is where you do all the creating. For anyone that's seen the system before, it used to be one single page for your property, and it used to go on forever with everything kind of just placed in different areas. What we've done is broken it up into five key areas that you could see across the top here.

So everything to do with your virtual tour, and we'll go through this in-depth in a moment, your assets, again, we'll go through it. And so that's more of the auxiliary assets that compliment the virtual tour. Things like floor plans, photos, videos, and the like. The website, we will go through this in a really quick example of what's happened there in the future.

ARConnect, a part that we'll go into it as well later, analytics and info. I'll go through each of these really quickly, but we'll start here on the property page. The key thing that you can see now, and something that we didn't have before, is the live demo to allow you to see all the changes that you're making as you're making them, so, without having to go back and forth.

Here is an example piece that we've just put together. I can quickly get to the links or the embed codes that I need to change. And I can see that I've got my branding bar and everything set within this space here. And so this is kind of just like the landing page. It gives you an area to kind of edit maybe your title of the tour or anything that you may need fit.

So if I was to just edit, let's call this our test. Quickly save that. It's going to bring it back up and show me that the test is being done. And so it's constantly updating, with that video there as well, on all the changes that we've made.

- Which is very cool that you enable the playing of video within the tour without leaving the tour.

- Yes, exactly right, that's one of our embeds. And so actually leads us onto the next part really well, which is the overlay. All of these features were previously stuck within a little edit button on our last design, and now it's kind of been brought out to give you a much better example.

So you can see your client, which is your branding bar, and it also links back to them. The contact information, so you can have the real estate agents images, like you can see here, or even potentially another logo or option for them to book with their emails as well. Being able to change what kind of branding type you want.

So it can have, we have the sidebar, which is the one that you saw on the previous page. You can have a burger menu. And so that's what it looks like on this part here. All of your information's on there, or even no branding bar as well.

And top or bottom, being able to change it back and forth. All of these features were existing in the previous platform, but now they're a little bit more forward-facing and allow you to kind of edit a little bit more. Your navigation menu, this is something that we've been through before on one of our earlier discussions, but this is where you can put in deep links to different parts of the tour, or even separate tours altogether by simply adding as many as you like. Works really well for duplexes, or where there's two properties on the same piece, or making a really simple navigation with deep links, like you can see here. In the parts over here, just adding the media.

What you saw before is that video. And so this is the mini video that plays in the bottom right-hand corner when the experience loads. We also have the full-screen video that you can have as a pre-roll. And so before the video starts-

- Forgive me, I think I would just add, Steven, for those Matterport Service Providers that are somewhat new to CAPTUR3D, to understand that one of the great features of CAPTUR3D is the overlay of Matterport. Might think of it as a skin. So Steven has the option of what logo is going to go on top of the skin, and which agent is going to get contacted on that single property website.

And so all of that is happening in the back end of CAPTUR3D, in the content management system, including adding videos.

- That's correct. Absolutely correct, yeah. And once you do this once, and you can set it up for a client, it automatically brings it in for the next time you use that client. And so we have this philosophy of do once, create many.

And then you can edit things along the way as well. With the video, the mini one is what you saw a moment ago. The full-screen plays a video before the tour starts. A lot of our drone operators that use our system like to use this to create a drone fly-in to the starting point of the tour, and have a nice little transition. It's a really nice way of entering a property and giving an oversight to it.

And the last one here is the password protection. Very similar to Matterport. They've brought those out recently, but this has a username and password that's associated with it if you'd like to use it. We have spoken about this before, so don't want to go into too much depth into this.

There are some fantastic videos that we've done here. And the last one's the URL parameters. Everything's just on a tick box. And so these are all the URL parameters that you could see or make use of from Matterport, usually by adding parameters at the backend of the URL. Our system allows you to just easily toggle them on and off, and it will automatically do it, keeping the URL clean and free of any parameters.

- And for a Matterport Service Provider that they've never even heard the expression URL parameter, what's an example of the kinds of things that can be controlled from ticking on and off from this page.

- So one of the clear examples is the Highlight Reel. And so you might want to turn off your Highlight Reel in the forward-facing version. And so by turning it off, it won't show. So it won't pop up in that piece. The other one is the about panel.

On default we turn it off because we've got the branding bar with all that information. But you could easily turn that on. So the about panel is the top left-hand corner of Matterport. That has the address and the contact information, because we do a reuse of that information within our sidebars and things. On default we have that turned off.

You can also change the languages, and also the transition times within your Highlight Reel or walkthrough as well. And the last one here, and we'll go through this a bit later, and part of the reason why we've done a redesign is the virtual staging beta. I won't go into this now because we are going to speak about it a little bit more later.

So I'll move on to the asset side. Here, this is just another rework and making things easier for our customers to make use out of. So nice big pictures of our floor plans that you can see here. I'll just click on that so you can see.

This is one of our standard floor and site plans that you can get from a Matterport tour. All of the photos have been extracted from the Matterport tour. We talked about at the top of the show, being able to order photo retouching. So if I was to click on this, I could pick a number of photos to get retouched, whether it's the color brightness, add in any notes that I would like, and submit that order.

All of these tools, sorry, all of these photos will be delivered back within six to 12 hours. And so rapid turnaround times. You can also do object removal. If you accidentally caught the house pet within a shot and you want to get that removed, that's a really easy job for us to do.

- Or even the Matterport camera in the view of the bathroom. So you have a beautiful shot of the bathroom but your camera's in it.

- Absolutely, yeah, that's one of the biggest ones that we see. And the video part here as well, quite simple. The next part here is another reason why we made the major update, is our website. And so we've got all of the content that we've been through recently, the photos, the floor plans, and any of the videos that we'd like to show.

And what we're producing here is that forward-facing one page property website. So if I was to just add some information in here for the bedrooms and bathrooms. And cost basis, just so we've got some information. And let's say the price is a million dollars. Testing out. I'm just going to save that there. And we can bring in that video really simply. It's all automated and connected through, so I can bring that video into the property website.

And if we had any downloadable links, so it could be the document for the property or anything else, we could add that into this section here. And automatically it's generating a property website. There will be a video playing, so apologies, let me just pause that. There we go. So all the pieces that we've just been playing with are now beautifully put together in a one page website that works on mobile and desktop.

The testing part's there, the information that we put previously, it's pulling through all the information automatically so that you don't have to sit there and work putting it all together. The key part-

- And the single toggle for whether you wanted a branded link or an unbranded link for MLS.

- That's correct. This is one of the bigger questions that were being asked from the US customers around MLS compliance. And so now we have both links available, depending on how you would like to see it. And so this is allowing you to create an unbranded link that will be approved by all MLS services. The key part that we've updated here in the recent months is our ability to create templates.

So we'd always provided a number of templates that you could easily put together. And you can see that our team has done a lot of tests here. But we can now allow our customers to build their own templates. And this is a really amazing feature. I liken it to MailChimp.

If you've ever used MailChimp to send out EDMs, you can place items in different areas within your email and then send that out. It's the same thing here. So if I was to just duplicate, this was the example that we're on, and we'll just put our name in this. It's opening up our editing tool.

And straightaway, you can see you can choose the different layouts for each column. So you could have one, two, three, or even these broken up ones, which is one third, two thirds, or different designs within each section. So if I was to click on a section, and let's say I wanted to bring the floor plan up because I want that to be the hero of the website, that's how I can change it quite simply.

Even changing it within that space, I can just delete that and turn that into our documents, for instance. It's really simple to just change things and bring them forward and backwards, or even add new pieces. So if I wanted to add a two thirds, one third column, it brings it up automatically. I can bring that down here. I can turn this into a video.

And let's add the map on this side here. All the options there are available. You can have as many things on this page as you like. Something that we've been bringing in recently, which we've had great success within the insurance industry, for anyone doing claim adjusting out there, is the new comment section. It usually sits at the bottom of a page, so I'll just bring it down here.

This new section, submit a report, allows people to upload any attachments that they would like. So it could be an electrician's report or a plumber's report, put in their information and then save that and submit. And so you've got a running report tally for anything that may be going on within that space. And so I've played around with this a fair bit. If I click save, we're all good to go.

- Two questions while we're waiting for that to come up. So if I don't have a Matterport tour, perhaps I just have a video or a floor plan, I presume one of the options would be no virtual tour.

- Yep, correct. So in this modal here, you can see the virtual tour there. I can simply just delete that. And then you've got a page that has the photos, the floor plans, the videos, anything else that you'd like to add, and it won't have a virtual tour on it, that's all completely-

- Can one of the content boxes support iFrame?

- It's a really good question. So we're updating the systems to support iFrame in the next couple months before the middle of the year. At the moment, the way that we're-- besides videos from YouTube that can be embedded automatically, it's through the links section of our page, and so I think I've may have removed it, no, just here.

And so you can add a link to something, but it's not iFrame within this space. But that's a really good point, and we'll be updating that very shortly.

- So in 2021, we would expect that CAPTUR3D would support iFrame as one of the content boxes.

- Absolutely, yeah.

- Okay. Awesome!

- I'll come back and I'll just refresh this page. It's probably going to look a little bit weird because I was just playing around with different boxes in that piece, but this is the -- I'm going to choose the right template that we created, which was the We Get Around test. So now when it's opened up, we've got this opening that we had there.

Now got that video that I placed on the right hand side in the map. Thankfully it is. We've got two maps because I was playing around with it so much. And then if we keep going down, just want to show the expression box, here we go. So the video's at the bottom, and then the submit area for a report. So I can put my name information, upload an attachment.

And if I submit that report, it now sits below. And so from an insurance point of view or claim adjusting point of view, this becomes a running tally for all the information that you need to see there.

- And where is that going?

- So all of these attachments and information is then saved on your virtual tour area within the website, in the documents. And so I didn't upload any documents, so you won't see it in this area. And so you've just got the text sitting on your website.

- But it's saved in the content management system, or is it saved in the actual single property website that anyone can see?

- It's saved in the property website. And so the electrician can see what the plumber's doing. But you can also password protect this page so it is secure as well. And so for those purposes, this page is usually secured by a password if you're adding in this content section at the bottom.

- Awesome! So if it's a fire or flood damage and all the different trades are working on a property, maybe the general contractor, the trades, anyone that makes annotations to the space can, and it's visible to all on the front-end, and then typically you would password protect that. And I would imagine that particular content box, you have a choice of whether to include that report feature or not.

- That's correct, yeah. And it's all up to you and how you want to use the system. And that's what we've tried to create here; a flexible system that you can manipulate how you like to get the services that you require. Like you mentioned, you could do pages without any tours or no photos, whatever you see fit. You can create the unlimited number of templates depending on your client's needs and wants for this instance in itself.

- Yeah, that's awesome, Steven. I think last time we visited, here's the template, and obviously your development team has been very busy to enable the flexibility to organize the content in a way that is appropriate either for that Matterport Service Provider or Matterport Service Provider for their client.

- Yeah, exactly right. We've had the Matterport Service Provider in the front of our mind, and how we can help them become a bigger and better business, as we always have. So they're the first three tabs there for those areas. The next one is the ARConnect. I've got some examples of this later on in the show today.

Again, another big reason why we did do this update is to help house this experience and creation of it. And the last two here are pieces that we all would have seen before in the previous shows, but the analytics page got a little bit of a refresh.

So now you can see the analytics from the virtual tour or the website, depending on what you want to have a look at. This is just generating, so give it a second. The reports, and so you can, I'll let that load up.

- And this may be an ah-ha moment for many Matterport Service Providers looking at this page, because the Matterport analytics is somewhat limited through Matterport. Well it turns out there's a lot of information that CAPTUR3D is able to generate in terms of analytics, and enable the Matterport Service Provider to share those reports back to the client.

- That's correct. And so the first part you were saying, I should have chosen a better example with the actual analytics in it, this is our testing one. But we have our daily usages, the number of times people have engaged, whether it's a call or email button or the leads.

- Steven, do you want to take a moment, just call up a robust report so we actually see the charts, diagrams, data.

- I'll stop sharing and just find one the database.

- Yeah, okay. So the CAPTUR3D analytics feature is awesome in that there is so much information available to be able to share with clients. And you can also schedule when you want your report sent to the client. So you can automate the reports that come from you with your branding to your client. And, you know, if you've ever had clients ask, well, okay, "how many people are visiting?" And, what are they looking at within the tour.

Are they looking in the living room mostly? Are they looking in the outdoors? So, back to you.

- Yeah, thanks for that. And so now you can see the actual analytics being tracked within this tour. It's looking at a one week range. You can change this depending on what you want to have a look at. So all time, fortnight, month, or weekly. This is daily users or interactions, or sorry, visits per that day. And you can see here the number of people who've clicked the Call button.

And so when we're looking at the one page website and virtual tour, those buttons at the bottom right-hand corner, how many people have emailed and the leads that have been generated because of it.

- And that's because you've selected the report for a week. So you could have selected it for all time and have all those analytics now start to repopulate based on that.

- Correct. So it's going to probably take a second to generate all of that, because I think this tour has been live for a while. But as that's loading through, you can see that it's had quite a lot of emails and calls. This is the property that sits on our website, but it shows quite a lot of the data that's being generated here.

These first part page visits are something that Matterport do provide, but obviously not the graph. The next one down: total views, total users, and average time split up by the referrer. And so for those of you who may not be as aware of what a referrer is, it's where the individuals come before coming to the virtual tour.

The importance of this is you can understand a user journey or potentially what websites are getting you more traffic for your virtual tours. If it's a property website or a client's website. You can see here direct is the biggest one for this, because it sits directly on our forward-facing website. The We Get Around Forum is the second biggest one, which is great to see, getting a lot of traction through that space.

CAPTUR3D.io, so again, through our website there. And then Pinterest is getting a fair bit of views. And you can see it broken down for each one of these. The average time. The total users. And you can see here in terms of the total number of referrers within this time scape. The last part here is the Heat Map. We are doing some updates to this Heat Map, but what we can see at the bottom here is blue from cold, red to hot.

And so each time a user visits our website, we're tracking exactly where they're moving within that space. And so red represents 80 to 100% of users. And so this will usually be your starting location, where people always start. This spot is always going to be red, because that's how you get into the experience. And then working down in 20% increments to the color. So you can see, again, this is our forward-facing website.

So people are staying within that main living area and not really venturing too far out from that tour, in this example itself. So it's a nice in-depth report. And what you were mentioning when I was loading this up is actually scheduling a report. So you can schedule as many reports as possible. This is a time-saver like nothing else.

You don't have to worry about every week sending an email report to a hundred different clients. This will automatically do it for you. And so you can set up the different information for the people that you'd like to send it to. You could have daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports, or even yearly reports. And you can create as many of these per property and have them automatically scheduled out.

It's a great way to stay front of mind with your clients without actually having to do anything. The last one here is the lead generation. So in those forms where we were collecting information, we can now see all of the leads that have been generated, their contact details, and the notes that they have left in this space.

And then last but not least on this new update is the info page. And so any booking information that may have come through for the client and technician who were running it, and the client and property information, it's just a nicer way to host this information online. All of this information is used across all the other pieces, whether it's for the property page, the virtual tour. And so we've decided to house it in its own little spot there.

And so this is the new virtual property pages updates. The main reasons are for ARConnect, the website, and then also all the new features that come on virtual tour, which we'll start seeing come down this right-hand banner on the side here. But that is the virtual tour update. For now.

- Before we jump into virtual staging, do it yourself virtual staging of Matterport spaces, did you want to talk about content delivery emails?

- Yes, thank you for reminding me. The one last piece ... I'm just going to share my screen one last time, the delivery email. And so this was an existing feature. Again, we've just rehoused it. We are doing a lot of work on updating this.

And so by clicking on deliver, you're going to package up. And this one's on our website, and so it's got our logo on it. But this would be your company logo. And these colors would be your branding colors. Be it blue, red, black, whatever it may be. And you're able to edit the text message that you could send. And so you can see, as I change that text, the text in the email also changes. And so you could write a detailed message to your client.

And you're going to see it pop up here. Adding all of the information, if you have clients already associated with this booking, you can easily add their email into it, and add as many as you like as well. If you would like to make them CC or BCC as well, it's very simple to do so. And as you go down here, we've linked up every asset that you've created and put into this property page. So your virtual tour, your photos, your floor plans.

And it brings out a nice image of the floor plans that give something rich to the email itself, and all the different formats that have been generated for that floor plan, depending if you've had multiple created. The website link, the branded and the unbranded, because we were creating both there, so MLS approved and the standard branded option, and it's all packaged up automatically.

And so all you need to do is click send.

- So I noticed there were two different kinds of buttons there. There was a view button and a delivery button.

- Oops, I'll go back to that. So the view and the download?

- View and download. So I could imagine that download is associated with a payment link.

- So the view is associated with any URLs. And so you're viewing something online. The download buttons are associated with items of assets. So photos or floor plans that you would want to download that aren't sitting on the internet. And so the view, again, is the website. And so these are URLs that you would be viewing online. And download-

- Yes, what I was trying to understand, Steven, is on that download, can I collect payment at the time that they download?

- No. So this is a zipped up file for the assets being created. The assumption here would be that payment would have already been collected. If you are using our booking and scheduling tool, which again, we've gone through on a separate episode, you can actually collect payment on the booking. And so upfront, and we hold that in escrow until the delivery of the content's gone through, and then the money is automatically transferred across.

- Okay. Awesome! Do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space.

---

(Continued...)
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued...)
---

- Yeah, really excited about this one. This has been a long time coming. Our developers have been working for the last six months in creating a fantastic virtual staging engine. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of competition in this space, because it is such a highly sought after feature. Our team has been working with our broader team within our VR and AR studios company within Phoria, making some of the best experiences in the world.

We won Best AR Experience two years ago for REWILD, an experience we did with Netflix and Google. And we've been bringing that expertise into our Matterport staging for compression of assets, for lighting, for shadows.

And our web development team have been absorbing all this information like sponges, and being able to produce some pretty amazing results within the tour. The three key pieces that we adhere ourselves to are creating the light, simplicity, and making sure that everything just works. So when we're developing something, these are the key features or key areas that we're looking at.

We want to be able to delight both our customers and their customers. It just needs to work. If these experiences don't work, even in the slightest, people get hesitant from wanting to come back and try it again. And simplicity. With the technology that we're using, there is a lot of complexity around the back ends of how we can do things.

And so trying to make things as simple as possible that anyone can make use out of is really really important. I've got a couple of videos that I can share just to show what it is that we've created here.

But you would have seen many times before, there were some other companies that were doing similar things, like RoOomy a couple of years ago. But that was all very human resource intensive, where they had to go into each panorama and create the Photoshop of the asset, and put it in, and then place it back into the tour.

What this does, it allows you to put a 3D asset directly into the Matterport model that you can then view in first person view, dollhouse, or in the floor plan as well. To begin with, our virtual staging engine went into beta on Monday [22 Feb. 2021] And this is going to be a world first exploration of this technology. And so I'm really excited to share this with you on your show today here, Dan.

A reminder, it is in beta. It's going to take a couple of months to get it perfect and out there and polished. And so we are looking for feedback across the board. And we've already had some amazing feedback in its first week. But we've launched with a few hundred assets that you can test and play with, and you can already start selling this to your clients if you see fit. I'm just going to get a video up-

- Yeah, so I imagine an asset means furniture.

- Correct, for now it does mean furniture. I've got a couple surprises in a second that you can do things without furniture as well, depending if you're in a creative space as well. But we're focused, to begin with, on residential property. Our next key focus will be within the commercial space.

Some of the feedback that we've got already is having furniture that is curated per location. And so I could imagine that houses in Australia are going to be finished very differently to houses in Europe or London or in the US.

And even within the US, I imagine houses are going to be furnished differently from the east coast to the west coast, into the Midwest as well. And so being able to have a large curated pool of assets that are compressed and high quality is going to be very important to us.

But in the meantime, we've got the ability for our customers to upload any of their 3D asset furniture. And so if you were to download or purchase assets online yourself, you could upload them into our system to make use of. And yours would be a unique experience with no assets like it. So give me a quick second.

- Cool. While you're setting up there, again for our viewers that would like to participate in the CAPTUR3D do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space during this beta period, still set up a CAPTUR3D account by going to wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d And when you sign up, you'll automatically get six free floor plans, six free site plans, as a viewer of WGAN-TV Live at 5.

Steven, are you ready to share your screen?

- Yep, let's jump into it. So this is a video that we've created previously. I will do a live demonstration in a little bit, but here's a quick overview of the virtual staging. I'll talk over this video as it's playing, giving you a bit of understanding of what's going on here.

So what you're looking at here is the Matterport model with assets already within the space. As you can see, it cleared quite easily. Here the individual that's doing this video has searched table, as you can see in the asset pool.

Be able to place that asset and move it depending on where you want to exactly place it into the space. There's a number of different ways that you can manipulate an asset as well, and we'll go through that in a little bit. We've got all of the necessary assets to stage an entire property. As you'll see, as this video goes on, from artwork, from plants, to be able to put inside beds and everything that you would expect as well.

Being able to simply search each asset class. There's a number of different assets per each space. When you click on an asset a green box will pop up, as you can see there, to show you how big that asset is within that area to allow you to place it initially within a really good spot there. The last one here that they're going to place down is a sofa.

And so just picking any generic sofa and placing it in. You'll notice that when the asset's placed, it has a dark texture to it. What that is is a compressed version of the asset to allow you to move it easier. Then when you click off the asset, it goes back to its fully rendered piece. It is still at a compressed version in the editor compared to the forward-facing view.

What we're seeing here is, and I might just pause it quickly, is the adjusting of light. Lighting's really important, and we've already developed our V2 and V3 version of lighting. At the moment we've got one consistent light source from a 3D model point of view. That's just coming from above and lighting the assets up and showing how bright it is.

Our team are geniuses, and they figured out actually how to get the light source from windows. And so in a very near future update, we're going to be able to show real-time lighting and reflections based on where windows are within the actual Matterport tour.

The other part here that you can see, it might not look like much, but it really does assist in creating a lifelike experience, your shadows. It's very subtle and it's important that it is subtle. But you can see under the table here, we've got a shadow.

Under the table, sorry, under the chair. We've got some shadows that are on that side table. We've got the shadows there. The shadows are currently sourced by this individual light. In the future it will be the real-time lighting. But when you have these shadows come into play, it removes the cartoonish factor from a lot of these experiences and makes it look a lot more lifelike.

So I'll let this continue to play through. So as you jump out, you can see it in the 3D model, sitting in situ, fantastically positioned within the space itself. And then we're going to jump out into the floor plan and see it from above.

So all of these assets are now positioned quite nicely within it. All you need to do is to get this live is click the save and publish button in the top right corner, and away you go. And so that's the initial experience of virtual staging.

- Cool. I do have questions about virtual staging. Before I ask, are you still showing more regarding virtual staging?

- You can ask some questions and I can jump into another video if you want afterwards.

- Sure. So if I have my own assets, what file formats?

- Yeah, that's actually a really good question. So to begin with, we're accepting JLBs. For those of you who don't know, a JLB is a compressed 3D asset file type. You can convert OBJs.

And so the Matterport dollhouse is an OBJ, that's what it's delivered by. FBXs, which is another generic 3D asset file type. You can easily convert these into JLBs. We've actually got a converter, online converter link in our support pages online that allows you to upload any asset and convert it to a JLB.

The reason why we use JLB is that it's the most lightweight. It's a binary 3D format, which means that when you're loading a 3D tour with hundreds of assets, new assets within it, it's not going to take forever. And it comes back to our core principle of making sure it works and simply works every single time.

- I noticed in that apartment, in that space, I want to say there was some other furniture before the staging started. I may be a little confused on that. Do I need an empty space?

- You can do it in a space that's already there or an empty space. So our assets actually can cover any existing furniture that may be in the property. So let's say-

- Ah, I have a $10 million painting up on the wall, and I don't want someone to see that, I could cover that $10 million painting with a different painting.

- Correct, yes. Or let's say that the basin in the bathroom is cracked in your beautiful $10 million property. You don't want to show that in the virtual tour. You can place a new basin on top of it. And so the end user doesn't see that.

- Okay, so with the do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by CAPTUR3D, I can't remove objects, but I can cover objects.

- That's correct.

- Okay. Does your design team have any best practices, suggestions, recommendations for me? I'm not sure my wife would trust me to do staging even with real stuff, let alone with virtual staging. So some tips or best practices when it comes to staging for non-designers?

- Yeah. It's a really good point. We've actually had an interior designer working with our 3D artists to create the furniture. So everything that you see in our standard offering are curated pieces of furniture that do connect with each other.

So you can place different pieces of furniture together that you know are going to work. We are working on catalogs moving forward. And so that you could have a country-style design or a modern design. And rather than placing individual assets, you can click on the living room modern style, and it's going to pop up with the correct sofa, rug, and credenza altogether within a piece.

The other key part around this is it can be quite time-consuming to stage an entire property, making sure that the assets are in the right place. And so by providing these catalog opportunities, you can at least place the vast majority of your assets and then tweak or edit them moving forward as well.

- Do you anticipate having third party companies or CAPTUR3D offering design services for those that want virtual staging but don't want to do it themselves?

- Yes. That's actually something on our roadmap. Once we get a stronger grip on the asset side. And so the catalog. Just like our post-production. So the way that we can create a Highlight Reel for your virtual tour, we are going to start offering post-production for virtual staging as well.

There's a few things that we need to work out in terms of how long it's going to take, and that's going to be considerate in the time, and therefore how much it's going to cost. But if we can make that system as automated as possible, we can bring down that cost as much as possible. And so you can expect that to come later in the year, once we've got all of the assets and all of the pieces in the right place.

- So today is Thursday, February 25, 2021. Do it yourself virtual staging of Matterport spaces powered by CAPTUR3D is presently in beta. Just launched your beta this past Monday [22 Feb. 2021]

- That's correct.

- Okay, so I'm watching the show today, I'm interested. How do I sign up for the CAPTUR3D DIY virtual staging beta?

- So there's two ways or two parts that you need to connect. So you first need to sign up to CAPTUR3D through the-

- And that's the wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d Again, that's to get your six free floor plans, six free site plans. And so now that I've set up a free account with CAPTUR3D.

- Mm-hmm, once you've got that account, join our Facebook community group. And so that's: CAPTUR3D Community Group . And in that community group online, there is a form that you can sign up on. And so just entering in your CAPTUR3D provider name. And so that's the company name that you've signed up to in CAPTUR3D.

And then we can provide you with access to this beta. We'll be going into live public beta. So everyone will get access to it at the 6th of March 2021. If you'd like early access to it, though however, join the Facebook: CAPTUR3D Community Group and we can get you into the system.

- Okay, great. So we're recording today's show below in the notes. We'll make a point to add the link to get to Facebook: CAPTUR3D Community Group specifically for this topic. Okay, so I then fill out the form. How long until I hear back from CAPTUR3D?

- Our customer service team will get back to you within 12 hours to let you know what beta group that you're in and when you'll be getting access. We are staging it out in groups of 100 at a time to get access every few days.

- Okay, and so at that point, I'm using the CAPTUR3D backend content management system. And my account would be flagged or enabled to have access to the beta.

- That's correct.

- Okay. And so far, I think we're talking about totally free.

- Totally free. Everything's free so far.

- Free while it's in beta. Is it too soon to talk about money?

- It is a little bit too soon. We're still trying to figure out the exact price points. We don't want to have ongoing hosting fees or anything like that. And so we're trying to figure out a single price point, pay once and have access forever.

There are a few little finer details that we need to figure out, along with our hosting requirements with AWS. But we'll be able to share some news with that in the next coming weeks.

- Now that's interesting. I think if I heard, it's not pay per room or pay per listing, it's actually pay for access, a one-time fee?

- For the property, so-

- Ah, per property.

- Yeah.

- So if you wanted to virtually stage 123 Main Street, you would pay some fee for being able to do the virtual staging, whether it was one room or the entire house.

- Yeah, and these are the pieces that we're trying to work out. Because is it adequate if you just wanted to place one little asset compared to staging a full property. And how we can help make sure that people are getting the best use out of virtual staging. And so we're ironing out these details at the moment.

- So for my CAPTUR3D account, is there a collaboration opportunity? So if I wanted to invite another team member without giving them my password and sign in, is there a credential that just gives them access to either one model or a collection of models? How does that process work, if I want to bring in a third-party person but I don't necessarily want to give them the keys to the kingdom.

- Yeah, so it works very similar to the Matterport collaborator access, but we have unlimited collaborator numbers on it. So you can invite as many people as you'd like. There's different stages, so obviously you as the admin have full control out of everything.

You can invite users into your account. And so users have access to all of the properties within the account, but don't see the things like the payments and the ordering processes. And then the next step down from that is the client portal.

And so that's a limited area where they see the forward-facing information and can edit things like your virtual staging on particular properties that are connected to a brand. So if you have-

- But don't have the ability to delete any models in the account, can't see the money, can't change passwords. It's really, I think of that as an editor, that I can invite an editor to my account, whomever that might be, in order to do the virtual staging, if that's what I choose.

- Correct, and it's on a per property basis as well. Or per branding, I should say. So if you had RE/MAX and Ray White, they would only see the properties that are associated with that branding or client.

- Steven, at the beginning of the discussion you talked about, I think, hundreds of assets. Can you expand on that or where you think you'll be by the end of 2021?

- Yeah, so we're in discussions with a number of different global organizations that have access to these assets. I can't say exactly who at the moment, but the goal is that we're going to have a wide variety of different industry specific assets.

And we'd like to see thousands upon thousands of assets within our engine. And so whether it's for residential real estate, so couches, sofas, dining tables, commercial real estate, desks, computers, office storage, and things like that. And then all the way through to museums and retail. Within museums and retail, we see it being more of an upload your own asset situation.

So anyone that's working within retail stores or potentially had a discussion with a supermarket, one of their biggest problems at the moment is shelf placement. And it costs a lot of money to test out different shelf placement.

You could upload your 3D asset of that shelf placement, put it into the virtual tour, and test it out through different heat map analytics and get a better understanding of that as well. I did have a quick example of uploading a 3D asset within a space. It's a little bit different than what you may be expecting. If you'd like me to just quickly jump in-

- Yes. That'd be great. Actually I don't know what I would be expecting. I just imagine there's a button and it says, Upload, and then shows up in my library. And then I drag it to the space. Am I close?

- Pretty much. You're spot on. The only thing is I've got a slightly unexpected asset, we could say, just to show you the capabilities of what our engine can already do. So I want to share my screen from this point, just to show you how it all works. You can see the screen okay?

- Yes. Do you want to go full screen with that or no?

- Yes, I will. And so where we were before, and this is our property page showing our example piece, we click on virtual staging. And so this is now the area in which we conduct or start our virtual staging start. And so if I click on edit my stage property, this is going to automatically open in full screen.

The reason being you want as much area and space to be able to do your editing as you go. I've been told that I should never do live displays of technology because it never works out, and so here we go. And I'm looking forward to doing this itself.

So we were talking about it before, being able to click many assets. So you can see here as I'm scrolling down, heaps and heaps of different assets. Let's just put a table in here.

- Is this the first time you've done a public live demo of DIY virtual staging of Matterport spaces powered by CAPTUR3D?

- This is the first time globally. And luckily it's very early here in Australia, so all of my developers and designers are asleep. So I'm not getting in trouble for doing a live demonstration on your show. World Premiere!

- And so you can see here the dining table. This green box will show exactly where I'm going to be placing it. The reason why it's a green box is it's very lightweight. And so I can move it around to find the exact area that I want to place it in the spot.

And so as I place it down, I click on the area. And it's still in its lightweight format to allow me to move it around. And as I click away from it, it comes in fully light and rendered. I note that the asset does come out a lot high res in the forward-facing version, which I'll show you in a second. This is still in low res to allow you to edit.

So if I click on the asset again, I can easily move it forward and back, left and right by using these toggles. But we've also got all the information down here if you want to get really precise. And so for instance, the scale, if I wanted to make it bigger, I can simply scale it up or scale it down. The rotation is automatically locked to the Y axis, which means if I move it, it's going to rotate around on the Y axis, as you can see it slowly moving around there.

The reason being is very rarely do you want to change the X and Zed, because it's going to end up making the asset quite wonky in the space. But there are times that you want to, and if you did, you'd simply click on the unlock and now I can change the asset however I see fit. And now I have a wonky asset. There we go.

And the last one here is the position, which I've been playing with. Again, it's locked to the Y axis, which is the floor. And so if I click on the Y axis, moving it back and forward here and moving around in the space. And so I'm just going to leave that asset there sitting in that spot. You can see here all the assets that I've got, they're all sitting in my collection here.

If I was to quickly just add a chair to this as well, just to finish it off. Fantastic. And then the lighting, which was quickly shown, you can see the lighting's quite low right now. So if I brighten everything up all the way to the max, it becomes quite bright.

This is dependent, I guess, on the room. And so you'd want to kind of look at it from a 3D model point of view to see what works best within that space. As you can see, I'm lighting and I'm dropping it forward. And you can see the shadows-

- Steven, a few questions just on what you've done so far. So when you bring in furniture for the first time, is it already at what I would consider the proper scale for that chair and table?

- Yeah, it's a really good question, and sorry that I missed it. So our teams worked very hard on making all of the assets world scale. And so this is going to be one of the biggest problems when you upload your own assets.

The size of them could be quite different. And so every time you click on an asset, so let's bring in a foot stool, you'll see that it's correctly proportioned to the assets around it. And so to the table and to the chair that I've already brought in.

Similarly a meeting pod, which works well because I am in an office right here, I can place that meeting pod over here.

- Now, that chair is behind the table. Was that by accident that it didn't end up going in front?

- So that's where I placed it. I just placed it over there just as a side. So I can put it in front, right here-

- To make sure that the table doesn't slice into the chair.

- Mm-hmm.

- I don't know how to ask that question. I would imagine if I push that chair any further, will it, yeah, so I just have to visually do that where I know that I have a conflict with the asset.

- That's correct. And it's on the position on the X axis, but if you were to, sorry, on the Y axis. But if you were to lift it up, for instance, you could have it even sitting on top of the table. And so it's up to the individual and how they want to place the assets. The reason being you can have multiple assets sitting on top of each other. So you could have a rug, with a table, with a pot plant, with a TV, and all of them are sitting on top of each other. And the way that you'd place them would define where you're going to end up.

- So do I need to place them in the order of putting down the rug first, then put down the table, then put the flower pot on?

- No, it's completely flexible, so I'll do it in this corner here to show you. We'll start with the rug. We'll start with the table. Because then you can, we'll put the rug underneath it.

- That's what I'm trying to understand is like, if I put the table down first and then I decide I need a rug, is the rug going to cover the table? ;-)

- No, so you just push it down below the table when you place it. So let's find a nice, do I have a rug. Let's go with a-

- Carpet. Maybe it's just named differently. Rug, carpet, floor covering.

- Floor. The team is working on updating the assets at the moment, so maybe what you were seeing in the video was the staging side. So let's try and just put a plant on it. We can put a plant on the table. There's a plant, fantastic.

And so it's quite a big asset that you can see here, which probably still needs to be compressed a little bit. And so right now we've got a big asset, so I zoomed in on-

- Does it automatically snap in place to the appropriate level? So you were close enough to the table so it knew the height should snap to the table?

- It doesn't automatically snap, but that's why we have this green box. And so you can see the different layers that I'm on as I'm moving this green box. I might find a different asset that's a little bit smaller-

- Sorry, I can't tell. I can't tell from that green box whether it was the plant or the table.

- So let me just put that there. What I'll do is I'll use this example-

- Ah, okay. So when you got close to the wall, you could see that if you went further, you would have been higher up.

- Correct.

- It would have been floating in the air.

- Correct, so if I've got this lamp here, you can see it's on the floor plane. And then it's on the table plane. So it picks up the table plane as well.

- Okay, so it does. To me that's sort of like snapping to the right place.

- Yeah, and so I can just place it on that, just like that. And so that's just placing a number of different assets within the space in itself. The table's still wonky because we're played with it before. We don't recommend playing with the Y axis if you can avoid it.

But being able to upload your own assets. So we've been through the lighting and a few other different things. I'll leave those assets there, but you have the custom section. And so this is where you upload your own assets.

The team's been playing with a number of different experiences here that can break the system, but what I'm going to upload is an asset that I prepared earlier. It was from our actually award-winning experience with Google and Netflix.

It's actually an animated asset. And so what this is showing is you can upload your furniture, yes, but you can also get pretty creative in this space. So I'm going to name it animation. You can select the category.

So in the future, if you wanted to put it with your seating, you could search seating and your assets would also come up to make it a lot easier. And you could also upload a thumbnail. As you can see on the left-hand side, there's thumbnails that have been uploaded.

So you can easily recognize your asset. If you don't select other of those, it still works fine. And we give it a nice little icon for you to remember. So I click on animation now. I'll get my big green box in here. As I click down, you can see within the Matterport tour itself, we now have an elephant animated and walking around.

This is just showing the extent of which our engine works. The lighting's all playing down on the individual asset as well. As I come through here it's going to continue to move even in the 3D model. We do a lot of creative pieces with this sort of thing.

Again, this could be your couch, it could be a coffee table, but I'm showing just the extent in which our engine is capable at this point in time. Even the lighting-

- Well at this point, we really ought to talk about the elephant in the room ;-)

- ;-) Ah! Very good. I lined you up for that one. But it is just a beautiful experience. We've been testing with things like fog.

So imagine on Halloween, you can create a tour and put fog throughout the floor. We're pretty excited about where this could take us in the very near future.

- This is so awesome! I'm physically tingling. It's really quite amazing to see it ... be able to do that. So do I need to be saving as I keep working? Or is there saving going on in the background, or am I about to lose all my work because that elephant did something to memory in my computer?

- We do have the save function. We recommend clicking it as often as possible as you're going through the spot. So I can save this as a draft at the moment. And we'll constantly save.

Every time you place an asset and you're happy with it, we recommend saving it. The reason why we don't do automatic saving is because the engine itself is actually running a partial saving. So I can click undo and redo. And so we've collected a different stage within that space itself for it anyway.

But for it to be saved properly, we recommend clicking the save button often.

- Okay, and save is not publish. So right now all we've done is save it prior to publishing.

- Correct, and so if I come out of this space now, the first time and only on the first time, you need to take action to publish. And then in the future, it's really simple for you to just go back and forth. There are a few settings, and that's the reason why we've put it here. So when I click publish, I can choose to, if the individual, the end user, sees the staging on arrival.

And so what this means is do you want them to see all the assets that you've placed, or do you want them to be able to turn it on and off or see it before and after. And so I want them to see my staging before I get there, but I also want to give them the possibility to turn it off if they want to see what it looks like without it.

There may be cases where you don't want them to be able to turn it off because you're covering that $10 million painting, as we discussed before. And sometimes you do want them to see what the space looks like without it.

And so now that's all been set, I've clicked my publish button. I can preview it here, but I'm going to go back to the virtual tour overlay link and open up a new full screen tab. You can see here on the sidebar, we've got a trigger to keep it on and off.

Our elephant's in there running around. As I move over with the lighting conditions, we go to two different plants here. I should have staged this a little bit better, I apologize. I was too caught up in our conversation and just realized I've put assets in different areas.

But you can see that the assets are a lot higher quality in the final version. I'm not sure if that's coming through in the screen share.

- Yeah.

- I do recommend playing it yourself, but you can see that the lighting and assets do come out a bit better in the forward-facing. Even this elephant, you can see the wrinkles. Hypothetically, I wanted to turn it off, just like that. I can see what the space looks like.

And being able to turn it back on and everything comes back into play exactly where it is.

- Cool. And I presume I can go back to this space at any time and edit the staging.

- Yep, and so if I want to jump back in and edit my stage property, it's exactly the same thing that we've come back to. All of our assets will load up on the left-hand side here.

Let's delete these plants because they're making a mess of the space. And we might want to add a bed.

- Ah, so there was some global changing to say all the assets are on the right side. Were there multiple plants? I don't recall before you deleted it.

- Yes, there were. And so if I was to add the same bed twice, you can see at the bottom there, the bunk bed. I can put another bunk bed and another one's going to pop up. And take me towards it, by the looks of it.

And so if I click out of that, we can see both these bunk beds side by side. If I click on it, it's going to show me which asset it is as well. And let's say I want to delete this one because I haven't positioned it correctly. Away it goes.

But then I want to bring it back. I can easily bring it back by clicking the redo or undo button as well, at the top.

---
(Continued...)
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued...)
---

- So I did have some more questions. Were there more things that you wanted to show us?

- No, please, hit me with the questions. And just the last part now, because it is published and it is live, when I click save it no longer says saving draft. It's now save and publish. And so clicking publish, and I come back to my experience and reload my tour.

You'll see no more plants and you'll see some bunk beds. And it's all automatically rendered through the system. The bunk beds have loaded up and away we go.

- So I would say this is nearly real time-

- Yep.

- That we're talking about. It's not waiting a week. It's not waiting a day! It's boom! Hit save and publish and I've just updated it again.

- Correct.

- So I wanted to go back to this about collections. So when you start out in beta, there is a finite set of furniture assets. And I have to now say assets because I now know the elephant in the room ;-) defines that it doesn't have to be furniture.

Unless you call the elephant a trunk ;-), but we'll save that for a different day. So is there something initially about the, I want to call it a family of furniture, a collection.

So when I start looking at a particular sofa, is it always presenting to me furniture that would be complementary to that sofa, so that I don't end up picking something else that's, I picked the modern style sofa and now all of a sudden I'm picking a country chair and it's weird.

- Yeah, it's actually a really good point. The smart intelligence behind it is going to get better and better. Because we have a limited pool of assets right now. There's about 250 to 300.

It's constantly growing each day. They've been specifically curated, which means that they come in at the right size, they look fantastic, the colors and pictures are there. In regards to different connections, there are some assets that don't go with other assets quite clearly.

But what we've tried to do is keep it as a collective. And so whilst they are different in nature, a lot of these assets can be put together and fit really well together in itself. And so you can be assured that when you're placing these assets and pieces in it, even though you're not an interior designer, it's going to end up looking great.

- So I might surprise my wife.

- You should give it a crack, see what happens. Okay. What you anticipate is having collections, though. So if I'm going to design a bedroom and I've picked a modern style, I could just pick the bedroom and all of a sudden the bed, the side tables, the lamps, the plants, the end tables, the chairs, the rug, might all just pop in so that I'm just moving those assets to the right place and then making a decision, Oh, I want to delete that picture that's on the wall, or I want to add a picture.

So I think that's what I heard-- You're moving towards being able to just give a collection. So somebody like me, who's not necessarily a designer, could at least start out with a collection of furniture that might be appropriate for a typical bedroom.

- Yeah, correct. And there's probably going to be a couple pieces of hierarchy to that. And so you could pick your-- the first place you would pick is your end result. And so let's call it a beach property. Or it might be a New York style loft.

Or contemporary, or whatever it may be. And you'd pick that style. And then you'd be provided with different options: bathroom, bedroom, lounge room. When you click on that, that collection or set, as we call it, will automatically populate within that room.

We would hope in the future that we could somehow automate, knowing exactly where the walls are and exactly where the bed is and it automatically goes into position.

But to begin with, it's just going to provide you those assets in the scene. And then you, like you mentioned, will need to place them in the exact area that you want them to.

- Cool. So it's kind of a filter from the big picture to the small. So it might be beach, then it might be which room within the beach house.

- Correct.

- Okay, cool. Anything else on the do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by CAPTUR3D?

- The last piece, and it connects us to the next part of our discussion, is once you've got those virtual assets staged within the property, you can see that in mobile and on the web, but we also have an augmented reality experience as well.

And so we've made sure that when you create this experience, you can see it in augmented reality. And I might show that at the end of the ARConnect piece as we go through it, to show that example.

I guess the last little piece is-- Oh, sorry, I was just going to say virtual staging is what's to come. And so we spoke about real estate and commercial real estate. Something that we're working on right now is batch uploads.

So rather than uploading an individual asset, being able to upload thousands of assets any given time, if you have them. Also painting tools. So you probably would've seen that tool set in Matterport Labs where you can paint the floors and walls, bringing that into the engine. Sorry-

- So is that supported by CAPTUR3D: the ability to change the floor? Change it from tile to wood. Change the paint color on the wall from blue to pink.

- Yup.

- That's part of virtual staging by CAPTUR3D.

- It will be, yeah. And so that's what we're working on as we speak at the moment.

- Okay, before we move on to augmented reality, was there anything else on virtual reality that you want, excuse me, on virtual staging?

- Virtual staging? Yeah, so there were those tool sets for the painting. The other one, which is going to be great for engineering, is BIM integration.

And so for anyone that's worked in the construction or engineering space, understanding the importance of BIM as it's becoming more and more important, and the difficulties in which it works to access BIM and play with it and manipulate it.

And so we're going to be providing accessibility to place your BIM file in the property, into the virtual staging engine. It will be mentioned at that point. And be able to see the metadata, understand the item code or warranty within that asset on the BIM as well. And so that's coming later in the year, but we're really excited about that as well.

- I'm trying to understand that. So I shoot a construction site that maybe is only pre-drywall. And there is a BIM model that's completely built out with electrical, mechanical, plumbing, et cetera. I then bring in the BIM model into the Matterport digital twin at that point in time of construction.

And is the purpose of that is to look for conflicts of-- "Oh! Gee. What we thought was going to fit is not going to fit where we thought it was because somebody built out the framing too narrow." Is that an example of where this is headed?

- Yes. That's a really good example. At that point in time, before the drywall goes up and you have those items accessible, so you can actually still see them to a certain extent, by placing the BIM or the design BIM on top of the space, you can see conflicts or potentially progress.

And that progress could show that the contractor has put the pipes five meters to the left of where it should be, and that's going to cause an issue for the electrician, and flow-on effects from that as well. After the fact, once the property is completely completed and you scan it at that point, you could use the completion BIM or the design BIM to overlay within that space.

And so let's say that you want to cut down a wall. Rather than trying to figure out what's behind that wall, you could look at the Matterport tour with the BIM overlay and see exactly what pipes and electricals are within that space itself.

- Wow! That's awesome! That's unbelievable! So if you have flooding going on in your commercial office space and you need to know where some key plumbing is and you don't want to keep putting holes in the wall looking for it, you'd actually be able to look at the actual Matterport space with the BIM overlay and immediately know, "Oh! That's the spot on the wall where I need to put a 10 inch hole because there's something behind there.

There's the joint of the pipes that's likely causing that leak that we're experiencing."

- That's correct. And then it kind of connects, and we'll go into it after this, but into ARConnect, and so the augmented reality piece. And so you've looked at it online, now you can use your augmented reality tool to actually go to that wall and see everything within that space as well.

- Oh, so exciting. Okay, so we've been talking about doing it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by CAPTUR3D.

Before we jump into augmented reality, CAPTUR3D ARConnect, before we do that, first we should just take a moment in time and go, "Oh! Gosh. Your CAPTUR3D is adding so much value to the Matterport space.

This is, like, so amazing." And it will enable Matterport Service Providers in particular, to be able to add additional value-- to trick-out their space to deliver it to the client. I think of that as an Add On, another opportunity to make money solving a problem or challenge for a client.

But for Matterport Service Provider, that actually translates to an Add On to make money. So I guess I should say congratulations and thank you. Because this is like, I just can imagine that there are members in the We Get Around Network Forum Community who have just looked at what you've showed and either have design skills in furnishing or maybe not, but see that it doesn't look like it's beyond their capability, and could say, "Oh, Well maybe I could hire-- use another platform tied into Matterport, but then I probably have to stage the entire space and I got to pay somebody else to do it.

And all of a sudden it might become cost-prohibitive, where all I really needed to do was virtually stage maybe a bedroom, a living room, and maybe the entrance. Three spaces: don't have to stage the entire space; just enough to help a potential prospect for that space to visualize it.

So are you and your team actually, bouncing off the walls because you're so excited that you're at this beta stage and it's like it's now happening and you see the potential?

- Yeah, definitely. I think a lot of credit, all of the credit goes to our amazing design and development teams. They've been working tirelessly for the last six or eight months on a number of these experiences, virtual staging and ARConnect.

And a lot of the time, and especially within the COVID restricted worlds, they've been sitting behind their computers at home and just developing. And now that we're starting to get some feedback, their eyes are lighting up. And it's just the fact that we're able to create benefit and value to our customers is just the most exciting part for us.

You mentioned it before as well, these experiences are intended to generate more revenue out of that single tour that people are creating for a property. And so yes, you can create a virtual tour. Now you can add on your floor plans and your photos. But what about when we do virtual staging and an AR experience.

What we're hoping for is that you're still doing that single piece of creation, but we're 10x-ing or potentially 100x-ing the revenue that you may have been charging previously. And that, to us, excites us, because that means that there's more opportunity for all of you in the community to create some amazing content with some amazing clients and make it worth your while with the revenue that you could be generating. And then sort of-

- You know, if I just, excuse me, if I just pick a number and say, "Hey, I charge $300 to do that space, to create a Matterport tour, conceivably I might be doing $200 of virtual staging." Let's pick an easier number. I might be doing $300 worth of virtual staging and I've doubled the revenue. And presumably it's taken me a fraction of the time for that second piece. And so I've added a huge amount of value, huge amount of perceived value from the client's perspective, where I have the potential to double my-- if I could literally offer virtual staging for every property, not going to happen because every property doesn't need virtual staging, but I think you can almost visualize if you're shooting empty spaces all the time, yes, you might have the possibility of doubling your revenue by providing this virtual staging Add

On of a Matterport space. So it's like, what's been the initial reaction from those in the beta so far?

- We've got some really good feedback on the UI and UX. It's something that we've taken a lot of time on to make sure it is really easy. We've got a good collection of individuals, people that are very tech savvy, interior designers, MSPs, even people who are not so tech savvy all trialing it out.

And so the feedback so far is that it's really easy to place furniture and it's actually quite enjoyable. A number of people have likened it to Sims in real life, which is super exciting. For us, the pieces that we're working on that we know that we need to provide more is just on the assets.

And so if we've got all the experience down, now we can focus all our efforts on providing amazing high quality assets with real-time lighting. But yeah, the feedback has been great. And just going back to your point, I think you've hit the nail on the head around the opportunity for generating that additional revenue.

Our plan is to keep this as cheap as possible. And so the margin is on the MSP to create. But in real world activities, if you're getting an interior designer out to physically place furniture within your house, it would be thousands upon thousands of dollars to do this.

And then you're technically renting it for the time that it is staged for the photography or open house, comparably to virtually staged images within tour or things like that, which again, could go upwards of a thousand dollars cost to you as an individual. We're trying to make that as a fraction of the piece. And so that the benefit is on you to make that money out in the wild, I should say.

- Yeah, and that's pretty cool, because let's say you are working for a real estate agent and the agent is used to staging. I don't know what you'd call that. Real staging? Physical staging. If the agent is used to physical staging and is spending $1,000 or $2,000 or $3,000 to do physical in-person staging, and you as a Matterport Service Provider can do it at one tenth the cost, then it becomes a no brainer that your agent loves you because you've saved them money and you still accomplished the same thing.

And frankly, during COVID where there may be less people physically visiting the space anyway, and the conversation anyway begins online looking at spaces anyway, you have a very powerful value proposition to offer a client.

And I suspect, even when you get done with pricing, there's going to still be an opportunity to add a layer to say, "Hey, I want to engage someone who's a professional at doing staging" to, you know, hey, "That was pretty cool, I had fun playing virtual Sims, if that's what we were talking about, but okay, my time is valuable as business development, as scanning, and I want to find a third-party solution." And maybe at some point that's CAPTUR3D, this to say please virtually stage my space, I'm willing to pay for that.

And yet it still comes in at a price point that will be a fraction of physical staging. So anyway. Very exciting! Congratulations to you, your team for adding a huge amount of value. I guess last question before we move on, when does this come out of beta?

- Yeah, it's a really good question. So we're in private beta right now. So invite-only, as we discussed before. Join the community group, go by the link that you've been discussing in this. It goes into public beta, which means anyone with a CAPTUR3D account will have access to it on the 6th of March [2021].

And so coming up very shortly. And we are hosting a webinar around that to dive into deeper pieces on how we can actually manipulate assets and a few other things. The goal is in April: most likely towards the middle of April; it is almost next month, two months from now, is when it's going to be going live. And by then, we're going to have a large collection of assets and new features within that space in itself.

And so there's going to be consistent news every week, within updates and how we're tracking along towards those dates and itself. But we are also being flexible. We want to make sure when this does go live it has the best possibility to create value for all of you. In the meantime, you can still sell this into your customers.

There's no stopping you. It's live in the virtual tours in any case, we're just not going to be charging for it in the short term.

- Steven, you're in Melbourne, Australia. I'm in Atlanta. For me, today is Thursday, February 25th. For you, today is Friday, February 26th. So is that April 6th date, is that a Melbourne April 6th or is that an Atlanta April 6th?

- So it's Melbourne, March the 6th for that public beta.

- March.

- Yeah.

- Sorry, I'm trying to go to the webinar. When is your-?

- March the 6th.

- And what-

- Melbourne time. Sorry.

- Melbourne, okay. So that, for our viewers in the United States, March 5th is the day for that webinar. If you go to the We Get Around Network Forum, WGANforum.com, we have all the details of how to sign up for that webinar for do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by a CAPTUR3D, to do a little bit deeper dive, even though what we've covered today.

Okay, great. Augmented reality powered by CAPTUR3D.

- Yeah, so this is another fantastic feature that we've been working on for quite a long time. It's been in beta for the last few months and we've had some amazing feedback on this as well. A little bit of a backstory. The reason why we built this tool set was on our studio side of our business, where we create our custom projects or experiences for our clients, we kept being asked for a digital twin alignment experience where you could align anything to a physical world and have it visualized within your space.

We started off charging a few hundred thousand dollars for these experiences that would take us six months to create. And we end up seeing that there were similarities within it, to the point that we realized that we could offer this to anyone with a Matterport camera without any technical knowledge and no development requirements as well.

And so what we used to charge for a couple hundred thousand dollars and take six months can now be done for less than a hundred dollars, or free currently anyway, and within a few seconds. And we're really excited about that. An automated augmented reality experience that connects directly into your Matterport tour to bring life into the space.

Whether it's, again, through retail, museums, real estate, or anything else that you may be providing content for. And it's just another one of these layers that we can charge or create value for you to then charge on to your customers, I should say.

- It's a little bit hard to get your hands around augmented reality meets Matterport. Do you have some samples, examples? I think it'll make it easier to have a conversation about it if we actually take a look at, well, what is an example of an augmented reality overlay on top of a Matterport tour?

- Yeah, I'll load up a video here. Apologies if the audio plays quickly. No, I've got it just in time. So I'll quickly play a video here. For anyone that's interacted with CAPTUR3D in the past, you would have no doubt spoken to Alex.

He's our Senior Account Manager. He answers all your problems and solves all the issues that ever arise and makes you just have a great time. He's the one demonstrating it in this piece. So it does have audio, so I'm going to let this play and let him speak to the experience. And it's just showing him showing us the different parts of ARConnect.

So I'll share my screen and let this play through. It's about a minute or two minutes, I should say.

- Hey guys, so I'll show you some spatial tags that we created just in the corner of the office here. These are created as MatterTags in the Matterport Workshop. But we've gone a step further and we're also now able to integrate websites embedded straight into the MatterTags, SoundCloud links, PDFs. So I'll show you a few examples and go from there.

So the Matterport camera just here, we can click on the closest spacial tag. It's going to bring up a PDF of leasing options for the Matterport camera. Obviously there's so many variables for this to be used in retail and other industries.

We're going to go over here to this lovely mural on the wall, made by a reputable artist, Lucy Lucy. Click on this MatterTag. And this is actually her website embedded straight into that MatterTag. And then we can navigate around no problem.

So a really great tool for showcasing gallery spaces, museums, et cetera. So let's move over to the CAPTUR3D banner over here. So we'll click on this spatial tag just there, and this is going to generate a video of CAPTUR3D, so then allowing us to play it directly within the MatterTag straight from there.

We'll leave that for another time. And I'm moving over here to more kind of simple content that will integrate into here. So this beautiful fiddle leaf tree, we can click on the tag like I did there. And as you can see, it's coming up with text, images, more information. And then finally over here we have in the music corner SoundCloud integrated directly into that spatial tag.

We're able to play music directly from within there. So many capabilities are now connected within different industries. One other final thing I wanted to show you as well is we also have an awesome capture button in the bottom right-hand corner.

So this is going to allow you to take photos on the fly. As you're walking through any spacial tags and information, save them, share them on social media, whatever you needed to do. And then also screen caps, video recordings as well.

So you can record video directly from within ARConnect and save and share them from in there as well. So that's kind of an overview of what's possible. Thanks a lot. Any questions, get in touch with Alex.

- Thank you, Alex.

- Great. I have questions about that video, but before I ask my questions, do you want to play your other video at this point?

- Yeah, I'll quickly show. So this is what's currently available. The next video I'll quickly show is what's just around the corner. And so I'll just load this up, because this is really exciting for us, around what it is that we're about to release.

So I'll quickly play this and we can dive into all the questions on ARConnect.

- Terrific. Do you want to jump in and talk about CAPTUR3D ARConnect, augmented reality, do you want me to ask you questions? Where would you like to begin?

- You mentioned you had some questions. Let's start there and we can see where we end up.

- Again, this is like an inordinate of magnitude exciting. To kind of break it down, it wasn't obvious to me that what was happening was that there was a smartphone looking at actual reality. Kind of like I was looking through a camera app at the environment.

So I imagine the first thing that's happening is there's some kind of alignment that's taking place where your CAPTUR3D augmented reality app is perfectly aligning with the environment so that it sort of looks like I was just looking through my camera at the space.

So I guess, for example, if I was going to look at a house for sale and I was in the kitchen of that house and I pulled out my CAPTUR3D ARConnect app. And I'm not looking at the Matterport tour; exactly. I'm actually holding up the camera in the kitchen.

So maybe I'm looking at the refrigerator. And when I hold up my camera to the refrigerator, because a Matterport tour was created of that space and because some annotation of that refrigerator, maybe a video or text or some other form of annotation took place, when I hold up my phone to the refrigerator in that house, it's actually giving me an augmented experience on top of the reality.

- That's absolutely correct, you've explained it really well there. The part that we didn't show at the start of the first video is actually that alignment process in itself. And so-

- Can you show that alignment? Because I think that would help. It's not immediately... part of it is in the video that you displayed, there's a picture of Alex holding his phone and then there's a picture of what you see on Alex's phone.

But there was a lot going on, so I'm not sure it was quite obvious in a simple space of just holding up my phone to a real environment and all of a sudden a lot of magic happens. Can you play that video for the alignment?

- Yeah, I'll tee it up. And as I'm teeing up, I'll just give you a bit of background behind it. And so we've got a patented piece of technology for aligning any digital twin with any smart device. That could be your smartphone or a mixed reality headset.

Without giving too much away, essentially what it does is, just like in the auto, you have GPS, so a general positioning system. This is VPS, so visual. And so what we're doing is we're looking at the Matterport model and aligning that to the physical world.

And you have to do a bit of setup as the admin to align certain locations within a property. But the end user, all they do is open up their phone and point their phone to specific locations. And it automatically locks the Matterport model, the digital twin, into the real world. And all we're showing are the MatterTags in this instance.

I'll show some examples of things like 3D assets, but it removes all of the OBJ and the dollhouse, and all by looking at other nodes that are exactly where you've placed them in the real world, in the digital twin, so the Matterport tour itself.

So let me just load up this video here and bring it back to the spot where Alex talks about-

- And while Steven's getting set up, he's going to talk about participating in the CAPTUR3D beta of ARConnect. Again, use the link wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d And that way when you set up a free account, you'll get six free floor plans and six free site plans from CAPTUR3D. And so, again, Steven will talk about that beta, but I think first you want to actually show this alignment video.

- Exactly right. And so before I pass it over to Alex again to give this explanation, going through the user journey, you've been to the house, you have scanned that property with Matterport, you've uploaded it to your Matterport Cloud. And you've got that to a process then back to. You've also placed some tags; MatterTags within that property in the Matterport account.

You've now gone to your CAPTUR3D account, so CAPTUR3D.io, and you copy your Matterport URL and place it into the ARConnect section online. What we do is we bring in all the visual information, and our system starts extracting all of the things that we need to do for alignment. There's a two-step process that we ask you to draw or measure a few different doorways.

And what we're doing here is getting an understanding of how big that space is. We're trying to make something very technical very easy. And then when you go to site as an admin, you need to set up those alignment points, which Alex will take us through in a moment.

And then as an end user, you can just get up and play with it. So I'll let Alex talk us through this point. But in the background, we've scanned the house, we've put some tags in, we've uploaded it to Matterport. We've now brought it into CAPTUR3D. Now we're back on site to do the final part of alignment.

- If you're watching this, hopefully you've already connected your digital twin through your CAPTUR3D account. You've created that alignment point within the model in CAPTUR3D. And now it's just time to visit the physical space and match up that alignment point with the one that we made within the CAPTUR3D platform when you created your digital twin.

So what we're going to do now is open the ARConnect app. If you haven't used it before, then just make sure you allow all permissions in terms of sharing your photos and location, et cetera, so that they can locate into the space. We're going to open the ARConnect app and find the model that relates to the space that we're in.

So we'll click on that. And we're just going to click on the alignment point that we made in the model. So you can see the exact same door. We're going to click on that. And we're going to start scanning our space around this alignment point. So just move your phone around. You'll see that the area and your surroundings are being scanned.

Try and get two parts of that alignment point, and just flesh out again. Okay, so now that's aligned, what we're going to do is create the same measurement and alignment point that we made in the model within the physical space. So with your thumb, just go from left to right and line that up. Get the door. Okay, so there's .73.

Okay, so now that space has been aligned and activated. So while we're on the measurement tool as well, there's a couple of icons in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. So what we can do as well within the model, you can use this in AR to measure specific spaces.

So if we want to measure this chair, for example, we can drag our thumb from left to right and get a measurement of that chair, and so on and so forth. But now we're going to show you something really awesome, these spatial tags. So these will be the MatterTags that you created within your model. Come with me, I'll show you some awesome content.

- So I'll leave it there, because the next part of that video is what we just went through before. But what you saw initially there is picking up an alignment point. So grabbing visual understanding as an admin or someone setting up a space, and then setting up that alignment point by just drawing a simple line. Then any of your customers or end users that come in, all they need to do is open their phone, open the application, and away they go.

- So for clarification, there's kind of a front end and backend of the CAPTUR3D ARConnect app. The backend is saying, okay, I'm a Matterport Service Provider. My client engaged me to go shoot this house for sale. I've come out and I've done my Matterport tour, just like I would normally do. I then send it to Matterport to be processed. I'll get a link for Matterport. I take that link, I go back into CAPTUR3D where I've already set up an account. And then I paste that link within the ARConnect section of the CAPTUR3D content management system. At that point, your backend is going to ask me to take a couple key measurements.

So let's say it was that environment Alex was doing, I'm measuring the height and width of that door as a reference point to help with the alignment. And then Alex went out with the CAPTUR3D ARConnect app set in, let's call it the backend feature of it. He took some key measurements of that door, which he did within the backend of the CAPTUR3D content management system in the ARConnect.

And now he's got measurements here, measurements here, and it now knows the magic of how to align the app for when it's looking at something. Am I close?

- Spot on. Good to hear that you're able to kind of go through that process.

- I'm trying to pay attention. ;-) Okay so, but my client's customers, prospective buyers of that house, they too download the ARConnect app powered by CAPTUR3D, and they don't have to do any kind of alignment. No, they just open their app. Looks like a camera looking at that space, because it's already aligned, somehow magically. Did they have to put in the address of what property they're at?

- So when you open the app, it will give you the public locations nearest to you. But because it's an augmented reality experience, we've actually narrowed that down to a 50 meter radius. And so there'll be one selection usually that you would click on for that property.

And then it's going to ask you to open up the camera. That's the permissions that Alex was talking about. And so once that camera's open, we're collecting visual information to understand where you are within that property. And then you will get an A-OK to go explore and go look at the tags or any assets.

- So is there a GPS involved here in order to figure out, ah, this is where Dan is. There's this house that he's walked into and must be the right place, but we'll have a little dialogue in the app to say is this the model that you're in. So I need to know I'm in 123 Main Street. Yeah, that's correct.

I hit that, except that there may be some permissions I need to do for using the app, the camera, the property, whatever, something like that.

- That's correct.

- At that point, I am now walking through the space, and it's almost like magical things happen. So I'm looking at the refrigerator and there's a video to tell me about this Sub Zero refrigerator and the magic of that. And I get to the dishwasher and all of a sudden the plans for that dishwasher appear. So I don't even have to keep, if I buy the house, I don't have to keep the manual because the manual is actually available with that appliance.

And maybe there's, I don't know, am I reading too much into this? There's an explosion picture of that dishwasher showing me all the parts. Or conceivably, that might not be for the consumer application, but for the Maytag service technician that hardly ever comes out to fix anything because Maytag never breaks, then the technician could be looking at an augmented reality model of that dishwasher exploded to look at where all the different parts are.

---
(Continued...)
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
(Continued...)
---

Or even as a consumer I might say, "Oh! The tray in my dishwasher has failed, I wonder what part that is?" Maybe I'm getting way ahead of myself. So if we stick back with that. The house is for sale and maybe the agent pops up and is telling me about the house that I'm in.

Or I'm in the living room and I'm thinking about, well, is our furniture going to fit. So I can use the app to literally measure the living room.

- Mm-hmm.

- Or I have a floor plan, the agent gave me a floor plan, but it didn't have the measurement I needed for whatever it was that I was thinking about for that space.

- Hypothetically will my fridge fit in this cavity. And so you can quickly measure that cavity in augmented reality to get that information. And I think what you were talking about before with the maintenance scheduling, and appreciate it, that's actually where our initial goals were.

And so working with facility managers of skyscrapers and being able to have each floor scanned and have this information, and be able to move to things and get that information.

- Oh yeah, you know, when you start talking about facilities manager, I kind of think, well, oh my gosh: there must be a thousand different manuals ;-) for all the different things inside of a mechanical, electrical, plumbing facility.

Then there's all the kinds of dials. You know, I'm just thinking, well, you've taken possession of this facility and there must be a truckload of documents. And somehow some way, John has kept track of the file cabinet where the documents are, so when a piece of equipment fails. But it's like really, well, that seems like so 2020, you know. ;-)

You really want to be able to just have the space totally augmented with all the documents. And maybe they, even the china marker where I would normally, I might indicate to say, "On!, Alvin came out and repaired the HVAC unit on June 1, 2020." Okay, where did I, okay, maybe I wrote that on the unit, but maybe the facilities manager is actually in a different state and can't actually walk up to that cabinet to see the last time it was serviced.

So now you have an augmented experience that says, "Oh! Alvin came out on June 1st, and that was the last time we serviced this unit."

- Yeah, we've been working with a number of large facility management companies in making sure it works just as way as it's intended, like you've mentioned. Keep up for them is security. And so we've got some security protocols within the tags as well, for two-factor authentication.

Where I'm really excited to see this take place, and we saw a pretty big uptake within last year with the COVID restrictions, is within museums and art galleries. And so how many times you've been walking through a space and you're like, "WOW! I wish I could just learn more about this artist, or I want to know more about this individual piece."

And so being able to provide that within an infrastructure-free environment. And so Bluetooth beacons have been around for a while within museums and galleries, but they're expensive and hard to maintain because of the hardware.

This requires no hardware and each user can get access to this application on their own device. And so it's BYOD, which the world is moving towards, so bring your own device to ensure that there isn't any unnecessary touching of assets and things like that. And so we're really excited about it in that form as well.

- So if I was in a museum and then I have all these works of arts and then I have aligned the space, when the visitor to the gallery holds it up in front of the Mona Lisa, then it knows that that's the Mona Lisa.

And I have my earbuds in on my iPhone, and all of a sudden the curator is telling me the story about, and I didn't have to rent the device that I wonder whether it's been sterilized or not. And maybe get training on how to use it or something. I literally can bring my own device. And I don't even need a QR code up on the wall to tell me. I just need to just aim it at the picture and get a story.

- That's it.

- Wow! So there's so many use cases for this. Could you take us through the use cases of, well, even before we, let's talk timing. CAPTUR3D's still at beta, this is correct?

- ARConnect is in beta, but it is publicly available. The only thing that isn't publicly available, the apps aren't on the App Store. And so for anyone that's used a Matterport, for instance, their beta app of the CAPTUR3D app, you have to go through TestFlight on Apple products. And so the application's currently in TestFlight.

The reason for this is we're making some last minute updates and things before we push to the App Store, which has a lot of curation and review from the Apple team. But that will be going live within the next few weeks [April 2021], which is what we're going for. And the same thing with Google Play Store. So that's the only thing that isn't live at the moment.

So it's a great place right now to pick up the experience, start testing it, potentially try your own office, your own home, push the limits of what's currently possible. And then when it becomes available within the next few weeks in public app stores, it's going to be the perfect time for you to start talking to customers about selling this as a potential opportunity.

- Okay, there's a lot going on there. Today is Thursday, February 25, 2021. Unless you're in Australia, where it's Friday, February 26, 2021. Sometime in April 2021, you anticipate going live in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store with an app that you would be able to search for. ARConnect, the letters A-R-C, ARConnect, all one word. Presumably for the Developer, it would say CAPTUR3D.

CAPTUR3D There are other things in the App Store, for example, that sound like ARConnect, but they're not because it hasn't been released yet. So again, today, Thursday, February 25, 2021, if you're thinking about taking CAPTUR3D ARConnect augmented reality for a spin ... for a test drive, it's available today through the TestFlight app.

So I think what I would say again is if you want to go do the TestFlight of the ARConnect app, go to the CAPTUR3D website using wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d Get your six free floor plans and six free site plans as a result. Sign up for a free CAPTUR3D account. Then on the CAPTUR3D website, click on the ARConnect link.

Go to that page. And then you'll see probably a button that says would you like to participate in our beta. Click on that link. And it'll explain how to sign up for TestFlight to get that app on your phone, and what the next steps are to participate. So is this a private beta or public beta? This is a-

- This is in public beta currently.

- Public beta then.

- So you automatically get access when you sign up to CAPTUR3D, but there are some roadblocks in terms of making it completely public for your customers to make use out of it at the moment. So right now we would consider this a testing stage for you to get comfortable with the technology and for you to provide feedback that we're constantly evolving on as well.

- Great, and figure sometime in April 2021, be public. Anyone could go to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store, download the ARConnect app powered by CAPTUR3D. And it's probably too soon to ask you about money, but is this a free service? Is this something that we'll be charged for?

- So it's going to be free for the time being. The reason being is we understand the adoption rate for this technology is in its infancy globally. And what we want to see and where we would see the most amount of benefit is creating value for people and making sure that the actual technology is being used.

We don't want to have blockades in place that will hinder people from trying it to begin with and seeing the true value. So for the foreseeable future, it will be a free application for most part of this year.

- This is awesome! Okay Steven, could you start with perhaps a timeline of what augmented reality experiences are available today with ARConnect via TestFlight, what's coming soon, maybe March 2021, what's coming after that, perhaps April through the end of the year.

And then give us the blue sky of what's possible on your roadmap that you just don't have a timeframe on. Does that work for you?

- Sounds great. I'll try and do the-

- So-

- I was just going to say I'll try and do this slowly because there is a lot that is happening. So right now, currently available in the beta. If you were to try ARConnect, you would be able to visualize anything from your MatterTag. And so that would be an image, a video, audio, even a URL link. And the URL link will be presented as an actual website in the tag.

So it won't take you out of the app, but you'll see the website within the tag itself. In addition to this, we have the measurement tool, which is instantly available-

- Okay, went a little bit fast for me. So let's just stay with that. So if I go into Matterport Workshop and I create MatterTags.

- Mm-hmm.

- Photo, video, audio, website, that includes shopping. So I could literally have a Buy Now button within the Matterport space in an augmented reality experience.

- Correct.

- So in theory, I'm not sure why I'd want to do that, but I could walk the aisles of the store and I could actually be buying stuff just holding up my app and have it all shipped to me.

- We've done some trials with that with a furniture store just locally here in Melbourne. And what the use case here is, how can I add all these items to my cart in augmented reality. And then you go to the checkout and you have that service there, and then you end up packaging up and it gets shipped towards you.

And so that's a really good use case for it. And also when you've got the asset, let's say it's, I'm sorry, retail store. Let's say it's a couch and it's a brown couch. When you click on the tag, it goes that's the brown couch, but here's what the black, blue, pink, and red couch look like. Would you like to add one of those to the cart.

And so it's a nice little, again BYOD-friendly, COVID-friendly retail experience as well.

- Okay, so we're actually talking about kind of like COVID and post-COVID. So in a COVID world, we're really talking about going to a Matterport space on a desktop, laptop, smartphone, tablet, and being able to experience a space virtually.

At some point, the world will open up and we will go to physical places. And at that point, all the things that we've created in terms of MatterTags, audio, video, shopping, website, whatever it is that I can do with the MatterTag today will be available through augmented reality and the ARConnect app powered by CAPTUR3D.

- Correct.

- Awesome, okay. That's available today. Second, you started to talk about measurements.

- So currently available in the app is AR measurements. And so there's a lot of AR measuring apps out there, whether it be with ARKit or ARCore, Google and Apple, we've brought that technology within the application. We were discussing previously some ideas or reasons why measuring a certain area within a house, to see if your fridge may fit within the cavity, or would your couch fit through this doorway to get it in, or maybe would a machinery be able to fit through a certain location within a commercial property.

That's all available right now within the application. And the last part is the share capability. So photos and videos, whether you want to share them to your social networks or potentially your partner that couldn't come to the property, or anyone else, a colleague, or something that you want to share that information with, really simple share functionality.

That's all available today right now if you jump on the app.

- And that also includes taking snapshots.

- Yes, snapshots and videos.

- And so the advantage of taking a snapshot in augmented reality is I might create the measurement, and now I want to take a picture of the measurement.

- Mm-hmm.

- Okay. Okay, available today. Anything else available today? Today, Thursday, February 25, 2021.

- That's where we're at today. And obviously the website view is the big one there. So that gives you the capabilities to do IoT. Technically, if you put a website IoT in that tag or a retail experience that we discussed.

- Okay, well that's interesting. So let's talk about the Internet of Things . And is there anything dynamic about the internet of things today?

- Today it's limited to the website that you're displaying. So for anyone that has experience with IoT, you will have a dashboard online connecting up all the information into a dashboard of where your data sits and what you're looking at.

It might be your thermometer, it might be the water gauge or a bunch of different things. Because we can visualize the website in augmented reality, you can put that URL into a tag and we'll visualize it in AR. And so you can click on the thermometer and see the information from that tag.

It is going to be built out a lot more robust in the future, but right now there are capabilities there to present that data.

- So if we, let's switch gears and say we were in a commercial space, and then we were in the mechanical-engineering-plumbing area with all these heavy pieces of equipment, many of which have gauges on them. If the company today has a dashboard for virtually, for remotely reading those...

- Files.

- Then as long as that ends up on a website somewhere, that could be a MatterTag to label the temperature, the water pressure, the oil pressure, the other things that might be important in that space. So now you have mashed up a spatial understanding, a way to visualize the space along with the things that measure, the dynamic measuring.

I'm going to guess those aren't perfect, because it's not quite doing an API feed to that actual device. But if you could put it in a MatterTag that has a website for that reading, then you could still accomplish this.

- Yeah, exactly right. If that website's connected to the API for the IoT, I know it's a lot of acronyms there and I apologize, it would show the live reading.

- Yeah, but I'm guessing at some point down the road you would be able to take an API from a company that's got all this data, and not go through an intermediary step of a website. Literally just be able to somehow have the real-time temperature pressure show up on that virtual valve.

- On that dial, yeah correct. And will be part of the roadmap that we can discuss in a little bit. Probably a couple of months from now.

- Okay, so IoT. What's next? What's coming maybe in March or April?

- So in March, when the experience goes live, the key feature that we're going live with and what we're waiting on, I want to show a quick video of it because I've prepared something. Let me just load it up as I speak about it. But it connects everything that we've been speaking about today into one thing. So I'm just loading this as we speak. But it comes back to that virtual staging.

And so we virtually staged something online. And that's really great if you're away from that property, but now you've gone to the house and it's still completely empty because you've got virtually staged furniture. If you were to use ARConnect, you can look through that application at the furniture of where it was placed in the Matterport tour.

The example that I've got here was just one of our developers having a play yesterday in their front yard. So apologies for the quality, but the point here is it's the first time this has ever been shown online. And so it's a really good opportunity for me to share this with you.

- World premiere ... WGAN-TV Live at 5.

- So in this instance, our developer has a scan of their whole property, including the driveway. The reason why they've done it out there is because it was nice and spacious for them to create the video. They've placed this furniture in the virtual staging engine, which we went through earlier today, by clicking on the asset and placing it right in there.

We've got a table, a couple of chairs, and a stand. And then using ARConnect, he aligned his space.

And now as I click play, you can see those 3D assets in situ. Whilst this is in a driveway, you could imagine this being in the dining room as you're walking through the property, and being able to see this information. The assets come great through mobile rendering as well.

- Okay, so there's a lot going on here. Let's break it down while you're looking at this. So now, once again, if we were looking, so if we were just walking on this driveway, which is a simulation for a dining room, so let's imagine we were walking through a dining room that was empty and there was no furniture. We held up our ARConnect app.

If we did the do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space of that dining room for that property, then when we hold up our phone or our tablet, we would actually see the virtually staged space that we're standing in, that's presently empty.

- That's correct. And so that's, again, bringing down those costs we were talking about before for actually physically staging it, doing it digitally. At the moment it's just going to be one way, so you're only going to be able to view these assets to begin with.

In the future you will be able to move them, but right now you can just see how it's been placed. And then, yes, going back to that measurement tool, you can start measuring the rooms and everything around it.

Obviously turning it on and off as well, but we're really excited about this. And this is our focus as the next big feature, which will be coming out with the release of the app into the App Stores. And so you can expect all of this.

And the best part about CAPTUR3D is we're connecting all of our pieces together. So it's not siloed. If you want to create something, it can be siloed, but it also connects to everything else that we're doing, and creating an amazing experience for the end user without them even realizing it.

They've got a virtually staged digital experience and now an augmented reality experience. Put this into context, and I'll stop sharing, an experience like that, an augmented reality experience like that, until recently, at a minimum would cost $20,000; $30,000 for someone to Create. And so the value in which this is now bringing into the Matterport environment is huge.

Because you can start doing this for a few hundred dollars or a few thousand dollars, whatever it is that you choose to sell them for.

- Awesome! What else? Anything else coming out in March? April?

- So that's March, which I've just shown you, virtual staging. In April, there's two things that we will be releasing. The first one quite simply is custom tags. And so you would have seen in the previous video the tag is a glowing orb. We're going to be providing the ability to completely customize the tag.

That's actually a feature that's going to be connected to CAPTUR3D as well. So you'll be able to customize your tags in the virtual tour, using different icons and colors and backgrounds. And that's going to be translated into ARConnect.

Quite simple for that one, but it's a nice robust feature. Big one in April 2021, and you would have seen a quick preview of it before in the coming soon video, is AR wayfinding. And so AR wayfinding within interior spaces, and also depending on whether Matterport tours connect. It's a really exciting one for us. There's going to be a number of different ways that we're going to be able to do this.

I don't want to give away too many of our secrets, but we've found a really efficient way to create paths within spaces and have that really accurate as well. The use case that I bring it back to all the time, and people connect with it, is you're in a shopping center, a retail shopping center, and you're looking at that sign board that says you are here.

And you have no idea where you are. We're trying to help solve that problem. So you could be looking at that signboard that's saying you are here, pull your phone up and go, okay, I want to go to a sports store. And then it's going to give you the path on the road directly there, and the shortest path to get there. And that's all coming in April 2021.

We're really super excited about that one as well. We've been speaking about it for a long time. It's taken a long time to develop because it is quite unique. And we've actually been working really closely with Google's development team in assistance with this.

We've got a really good partnership. And something that I should mention as well, I'd like to thank all of the developers at Matterport for making a lot of this possible. I haven't given them one shout-out today, but all of this would not be possible with the great help that Matterport had done with their API and SDK and opening that up.

And our developers working alongside theirs have been fantastic as well.

- Awesome! Earlier in the show you talked about museums. So I just imagine that the number of use cases for wayfinding is just off the scale, yeah.

- Pretty much everything we've discussed within augmented reality or ARConnect will be more useful with wayfinding. So we're talking about facility management. There's a problem with this pipe. All right, let's wayfind to that pipe so I don't get lost through the building. In museums, I want to go see the Mona Lisa. How do I get there and the quickest path.

Wayfinding to that and getting more information on it. It's just going to hopefully help all of these experiences be a little bit more efficient. And then that comes back to our three key principles that we're talking about before:

Being delightful, being reliable, and making sure it works every single time. And that's why we're kind of holding off, making sure the testing's there before we release. But that's coming in April this year . A couple things that are beyond that.

The next one, we talked about IoT. Like you just mentioned before, that's going to be coming most likely in May, June, where you can connect directly into an API, pick an animagraphic to represent your dials, and have that placed within the space itself. We're really excited about that one. And then later within June 2021 is BIM integration.

And so we discussed this really briefly before, but overlaying a BIM with metadata, both in the digital world within the virtual staging engine, and then bringing that into the ARConnect. And so you can see it onsite, go to that wall, and see exactly where those pipes lie behind that wall. We've got accuracy to less than half a centimeter, which gives you certainty that what you're looking at is correct as well, which we're really excited about.

- So that's crazy. Again, I could be standing in the building, the ceiling is leaking or there's water someplace, and I'm trying to figure out where are the pipes, where are the valves, where might be the best place to figure out where something's leaking. I'm now looking at a BIM model to help me find what's behind the drywall.

- Exactly right.

- Or is it what you were talking about in the lifecycle of a commercial space, and maybe we're at the renovation stage. We have a Matterport space to create the as-built. The architect has now designed the space, and now we're taking a look at the BIM model within the space.

And we might be doing weekly construction documentation to keep looking at how the BIM is compared to the actual construction. And are we doing any clash detection, are we finding conflicts between trades. Is the trade that's doing the framing doing what they're supposed to do.

Otherwise it's going to create a problem for the plumbing or the heating or electrical, and all of a sudden there's a clash. So hopefully it sounds like this will be a way to visually tell, kind of in a way that kind of just logically makes sense without thinking about it.

There's just like this magic while you just, I'm looking at my empty space, but I hold up my augmented reality ARConnect app and my BIN model's overlaid, and I can now see, "Hh gosh, we need to stop construction right now and fix the problem, otherwise it's going to cost us tens of thousands of dollars if we go to the next phase and then realize that." "Oh! That piece of equipment is not going to fit.

Somebody poured the cement too small" or whatever it was. You know, so now you can actually see the BIM to reality.

- Right.

- This is crazy. You can see the BIM within reality with an augmented reality app. That's a lot to get your head around.

- It is, and then the next stage from that, to make it even easier, because when you're on construction sites you need both your hands, is actually seeing that within a mixed reality headset. So HoloLens or Magic Leap. And so that is the natural progression. So we're talking about, that's the near future roadmap through to about June, July 2021 with that BIM. After that, some of the blue sky areas that we're focusing on are testing within mixed reality headsets and making sure that it all works within that, so you can have hands-free within these environments.

But the biggest one, and we understand and appreciate this is going to be probably some of the most valuable updates to the experience, but having it white-labeled. And so it's no longer going to be an ARConnect app. It's going to be your company name or your client's company name application. There are a lot of technical difficulties to overcome before we can get to that, in terms of pushing apps to the App Store and a bunch of other things.

But that is our blue sky goal, and we will be working on it at the end of this year [2021] to make sure that it becomes a reality. Because it's going to be a lot more valuable for Ikea to have an Ikea AR app, or a museum to have their museum's AR app, rather than an ARConnect one.

And for that, you'll be able to sell it at a lot higher price, because they've got a customized app, more than anything else, which is automated all the way through your Matterport tour.

- Does it become a feature? If we were talking about Ikea, for example, would it be a dedicated Ikea augmented reality app? Or no no, it's the Ikea app, and one of the features within the Ikea app is the augmented reality feature, powered by CAPTUR3D, white-labeled, we have no idea that that was done by CAPTUR3D, it just looks like it's seamlessly integrated into Ikea.

Not saying that Ikea is an actual use case or client, but just for the purpose of this conversation. Am I close?

- So the end goal is yes. And where that's going to become possible is within WebXR. And so currently the app is built on a game engine called Unity. And so Unity struggles quite a lot to plug into other applications or other native applications.

So it would need to be its own Ikea AR application, like in-store AR experience, but it's completely branded by them. We can take a backseat, all we're doing is driving all of the technology within it. In the future, and what we've been working on within the studio side of our Phoria business is WebXR. So WebAR and WebVR are enabling immersive experiences to run through web browsers. It's become very very powerful in recent times, where we've been able to push through 45-minute animation documentaries through WebXR. And so when that becomes possible to do our alignment processes and everything in it, no longer will we need an app, we'll be able to run it through the web, and then that could be hosted on different people's apps or on their websites.

And that's much more of the blue sky, within the two year side of things.

- Two questions from that. One, is there any limitation on which generation smartphone you have, either iPhone or Android?

- It's a good question. The more recent phones are obviously more powerful and are going to have better alignment and more reliability. Our test does go back to all the way through to, I believe, iPhone 7 or 8. It works efficiently, like really efficiently. Prior to that, the processing power just isn't in the smartphones.

- Let me ask it a little differently. If I bought a phone within the last two years, iPhone or Android, is it safe to say probably ARConnect would work?

- Absolutely. I think you could go back as far as four years and it would be fine.

- Four years? Oh, that would be amazing. Because I would say, on average, people are typically replacing their phones every two years. So for maybe an oversimplification, the short answer is if you have a smartphone from the last four years, it's going to work with ARConnect.

- Correct.

- Okay, so you went through all these different use cases today, tomorrow, and a little bit further in the distance. Gosh, my head's spinning. I just imagine that almost every day, week, or month that you've been working on this, companies come to you and are presenting use cases that you all have never even thought of, but are spot on. Is that happening?

- Yeah, and it's helped drive a lot of our development. We consider ourselves experts within the immersive technology space. We do not consider ourselves experts within facility management, or real estate, or engineering.

But we have some fantastic partners and clients that are experts in that area. And so previously we had developed our projects, as I said, to understand these technologies. Now the really good part is the feedback from our customers that are in the beta program, that are potentially doing a renovation businesses.

And they're like, well, I need this feature or that feature, things that we had never even thought of. They're actually quite easy for us to implement. And so we can bring that into our development roadmap and provide them with that solution.

At the end of the day, and I say this all the time when I speak about both virtual staging and ARConnect, we're building these tools for people to make money off. So let us know how you can make money. And if we don't have that feature, we will build it. Because at the end of the day, it's probably going to benefit not just yourself, but a lot of other people within the community itself.

- Yeah, I think that's an awesome point to make, because I would imagine our WGAN-TV viewers, every one of them have a different perspective of to say, oh, I could see how I could offer an Add On that I could charge more money for or deliver more value to make my clients sticky from somebody else that might. I mean, an example would be, oh, you know, there's a lot of Matterport Service Providers in Atlanta or New York.

How do I differentiate myself from even others, those who were perhaps early on adopters of technology like do it yourself virtual staging powered by CAPTUR3D, augmented reality of Matterport spaces powered by CAPTUR3D ARConnect. It's just an opportunity to differentiate yourself from yet another Matterport Service Provider that may be offering it at no charge, just as a value add, or that there are actually opportunities, even if it's free to us to be able to charge our client an add-on that involves augmented reality.

And then I hear what you're saying is, you know, as much as we look at this and we go, well, of course let's go do this tomorrow, this is obvious, everybody should be doing this, technology takes a long time for adoption. So maybe even we have to still say let's do this at no charge for our clients so our clients can still provide this and be learning about how best to use augmented reality to see, you know, how everybody makes money with this. So-

- Exactly.

- Anyway, you know, I said this regarding CAPTUR3D DIY virtual staging of Matterport spaces. I got to say this again about augmented reality powered by CAPTUR3D ARConnect. Wow! This is really awesome in terms of how much value that it adds to the entire Matterport ecosystem.

I think even for Matterport Service Providers that may be competing on price with other platforms shooting the same space now have a way to differentiate themselves, both maybe from other Matterport Service Providers, but certainly differentiate themselves from yet other platforms. At last count I believe the list that we curate is that there are 170 3D/360 virtual tour hosting platforms and software.

And certainly Matterport is among the Goliaths in the space. But there are a lot of other platforms kind of kicking at their heels. And this is yet another way to differentiate Matterport from everyone else. So, gee, I should ask you this question because. you realize how much value you're adding. I mean, you just must be bouncing off the walls with excitement of what these two things that you've shown us today add value to Matterport.

- We are super excited about it. It's come the same way that a lot of the features that we've developed, in the same vein that we built them for ourselves originally, and now we're opening them up to the market. Our developers get the most amount of joy out of seeing random people, random customers, random clients using the technology that they've built in really intuitive ways.

And so now that we're finally getting these out into the public outside of our four walls, or everyone's four walls, because everyone's been at home, we're really excited to see this get picked up and start trialing it and getting feedback. And so it's a really exciting time for us at the moment.

- Sign up for a TestFlight and take a augmented reality for spin with your Matterport tours spaces for your clients. Again, go to wgan.info/captur3d wgan.info/captur3d Using our affiliate link, you'll end up getting six free CAPTUR3D floor plans, six free CAPTUR3D site plans. Sign up for a free CAPTUR3D account, then go to the ARConnect link and then follow the links to learn about how to sign up for TestFlight and get hooked up with the ARConnect app through TestFlight, using iOS platform. I have to ask you Steven, you know, Matterport announced on October 8, 2021 that they were going public via Gores Holdings VI in a deal valued at nearly $3 billion by the end of second quarter of 2021.

And assuming that actually happens, that Matterport would get $615 million in cash in order to power innovation, research, and development and scaling Matterport in verticals and across the globe. Any thoughts on how that windfall of cash that Matterport is going to have to power scaling Matterport? What does that mean to CAPTUR3D?

- It's a good question. It'd be foolish for me to say that it hasn't been something discussed here internally. I think at the end of the day it's going to be a really beneficial thing to the community. We've been around, and as with you, from the start of the journey with Matterport, and a lot of the decisions that were made were to get to this point, to allow them to do an IPO.

And I think you're going to see a lot more freedom. And you're seeing that now already with the APIs and SDKs, and making that accessible. And there's more announcements to come in the near future with their marketplaces and a few other things that they're going to be working on.

I think that available cash is going to be quite useful from their point of view, in terms of the marketing exercises that they can run, potentially the investment into certain aspects of their own technology, be it the mobile capture or the Pro3, whenever it will be released, and some of the software slides.

Understandably within the question you're trying to get around investment within software such as ours, or potential acquisitions, I think there are pathways for that in the long-term. I wouldn't say in the short term that is something that we would look at, and I don't think it would be something that Matterport would look at.

But I think where the value would be provided is within the support networks, which we're seeing now with their developers out of their API and SDK sectors, being able to provide that support to companies like us to build amazing tool sets. And I think down the road, once a lot of these features have got communities behind them and have a lot of value.

And so right now we're in that beta stage and trying to start it. We're talking about providing things for free because we want to adopt the technology. I think once it has been adopted and you've got that traction, I think some of these discussions down the road could be a possibility. But you never know with IPO companies what their strategy is, and it's just all speculation.

- Well, certainly one of the ways that companies scale is through acquisition. And not going to put you on the spot and ask you, you know, you're going to do a deal with Matterport, but man, if it was me and I got $615 million, and I'm watching this show and going, oh my gosh, CAPTUR3D in Melbourne, Australia is adding huge value to the Matterport ecosystem. I mean, this is so big that it's beyond words. And it seems like they might want to, you know, tie you up and acquire your company.

So just saying, so please remember me when you're rich and famous. ;-) Thank you. I mean, I just can't imagine that that's not on Matterport's mind, is to say, "Okay, what companies in our space are adding huge value to the Matterport ecosystem.

And you just went through two major announcements, essentially, in terms of augmented reality meets Matterport and DIY virtual staging meets Matterport. And certainly checks the box in every vertical around the country, in virtually every space.

I mean, it's just, it's mind boggling, so. Interesting times ahead." I hope if they don't throw a ton of money at Phoria to acquire your company, at least they figure out how to put a lot of cash behind you to enable you all to scale quickly with more of whatever it is you need to build out your platform, and essentially to help Matterport, so.

- Here's hoping.

- Anything you want to say?

- No, thank you for all the hard work that you do in this Community and for having me on again. It's always a pleasure to come and speak about all the things that we've got on here. I think it'd be good to pick your brain on a bunch of other things, potentially offline, but it's really good to have us, so thank you.

- Thank you. Is there something else you wanted to talk about today? Were you going to talk about pricing at all in anything or-?

- Yeah, there are some pricing updates. I know we've been talking for a while. We'll be able to provide more information on this when it becomes more public, but we're changing our pricing system. At the moment it is quite fixed, and so are the subscriptions that you have to buy everything as part of these subscriptions.

Where it's implementing a credit system, and so you can buy the credits in your local currency. The more credits you buy, the more discount that you get on those credits. Really simple. And so it's in your currency, and then you get discounts on the credits rather than these packs that we had previously. And you can use them for whatever you like.

So rather than having to use everything on every property, you could just buy a bunch of credits to just use floor plans, or just use photo retouching, for instance. And that will be coming in the next month or so.

- Awesome. Any plans to change the booking platform? It's presently free. The CAPTUR3D booking platform is free for bookings.

- Mm-hmm. ... It's free for scheduling. If you connect payments to it, there is a payment transaction fee, and that's because of Stripe.

So Stripe takes a percentage of the transactions, and that's our secure gateway. And to be honest, you want to pay for security in payments, and Stripe's one of the best in the world of doing it. And so, it is still free. You will pay, I think it's 1.5%.

I do you know what's 1.5% of the total revenue piece. That money is then held in escrow before it is paid out on the delivery side. But there's always updates happening in that booking form. We have heaps of customers making some amazing feedback pieces for it, and we've been improving it constantly.

- Awesome. Anything else?

- Our DNS rerouting. Actually that was the one part that I want to discuss with you, our white-labeling. We discussed it with ARConnect, but in the next couple of weeks, for free and automatically, you'll be able to reroute your URLs through your own domain.

So currently it's .CAPTUR3D.com/123MainSt Take ourselves out of the equation altogether, and it's all going to be hosted through your domain. There is a little bit that you need to do on your end. If you have a developer that works with you or you know how to work with a DNS, it's quite simple. But we have all the support articles to assist in that process.

And then it's all hosted through your site. You get all the SEO benefits. And even in that URL, it just looks nice because it's your domain.

- We could probably do a whole show on that topic, because that in itself is big news. It's probably, you know, it's like, ... it's big news! So, if you do single property websites and you want the website to be .com/123mainst ... as an example, that's what Steven has just told us is now possible.

- Now possible on request. It's going to be completely automated within the next two weeks. And it's completely free.

- Yeah, so this is really a super-big deal. And I'm also going to guess, Steven, by doing that, the SEO is going back to the photographer or company perhaps, rather than to CAPTUR3D.

- That's correct. ...

- No you're good, you're good.

- Well just do a little quick math here. So if you're a Matterport Service Provider, if each of your models you get 500 views and you've done a hundred models in the year, that's 500 times 100. If I've done my math right, that's 50,000 views that's counting towards your SEO by taking advantage of the CAPTUR3D ability to rewrite the DNS.

I don't make it jargon. So essentially you get the URL to look pretty. It's what you want, with your website's name forward slash whatever you want to call it tour. And the second benefit you get out of that is the SEO or the "link juice" of essentially all your models counting for hits on your website in order to push you up in search.

So you may have a number of competitors in the space, and you all want to be the-- when somebody Googles: Matterport Atlanta photographer, you want to be the first Matterport Service Provider that shows up at the very top. You can buy that position through a Google ad, or you can be a very prolific photographer pushing your models through CAPTUR3D to create your single property websites, branded and unbranded.

And then, you know, voila, without paying anything, you could conceivably end up at the top, except for those that are buying the ads. Is that kind of a-?

- Spot on. Perfect.

- So that's really important. So before we disappear here, Steven, I just want to say, you know, if you all have been, you know, we've been talking for almost two and a half hours, but I think everything that Steven has had to say today has been so important. It's been worth sticking here.

And if you've only come to the show to learn about CAPTUR3D do it yourself virtual staging of a Matterport space powered by CAPTUR3D, or if you've come to the show today to learn about augmented reality mashed up with Matterport powered by CAPTUR3D ARConnect app, the piece to know here is there's so many other things of this Swiss army knife platform of CAPTUR3D, including the overlay or skin view that he talked about at the top of the show; the single property websites; branded and unbranded; the delivery of content; the floor plans; which are awesome, both floor plans and site plans; both 2D and 3D.

The fact that you can have a CAPTUR3D person curate your Matterport space, so you can get rid of the extraneous scans; have the Highlight Reel created; pull out the 2D images. Then you can have those images or your DSLR images photo retouched without even leaving the platform.

The booking service; booking and scheduling; which is crazy in itself in terms of efficiency. And as soon as you get to two photographers, you'll know what we mean here of why it's really important to have a scheduling platform built around Matterport and real estate photographers. The analytics of, that's like Matterport analytics on Steroids squared, because it's really over-the-top, and including the reports that get delivered.

So there's just so much to the CAPTUR3D platform that's really awesome; even before there was augmented reality; even before there was DIY virtual staging. So, congrats! I don't know how you get any sleep. I mean you're, like, this is so amazing!

- Yeah, appreciate it. It's helped everyone working from home, and sleep hasn't happened much in the last few months, but we're getting to the point now where everyone's getting a good break and getting these features out to the public, so it's been good.

- Steven, thank you for being on the show today.

- Likewise, thank you for having me, and looking forward to the next one.

- You bet. All right, we've been visiting with Steven Kounnas. Steven is Phoria co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer. Phoria is the parent company of CAPTUR3D, as the authorized reseller of the Matterport Pro2 camera in Australia and New Zealand.

And doing some amazing other businesses that you talked about in terms of technology. So for Steven in Melbourne, Australia, I'm Dan Smigrod, Founder of the We Get Around Network Forum, and you've been watching WGAN-TV Live at 5.

# # # # #
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Masterclass - Introducing ARConnect (BETA) | CAPTUR3D | Video courtesy of CAPTUR3D YouTube Channel | 11 June 2021

---
Use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account and receive 90 credits. That's $90 which is good for five (5) free CAPTUR3D Floor Plans/Site Plans; 90 images edited (and other options).

---

5 free floor plans from a Matterport tour when you use this WGAN affiliate link to create a free CAPTUR3D account. [To be eligible to receive WGAN-TV Training U (in Matterport) 1-Year Membership, send your CAPTUR3D receipt for $250 or more to: DanSmigrod@WeGetAroundNetwork.com]
Post 5 IP   flag post
101709 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?