Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Capture 4.1(beta via testflight) is using built into IOS devices LiDAR13777

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Capture 4.1(beta via testflight) is using built into IOS devices LiDAR

It is out and you can test it. Here is a link to details
https://support.matterport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000755227-Betas-in-Matterport#current-beta-capture-on-android-0-1

I was going to try it on my production Ipad with all my client scans but after clicking on Install it says I may lose some data so it is kind of stupid to try without being confident that nothing will happen to existing scans.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I have taken a risk and tried it.

Installation of the Capture 4.1 under TestFlight went well and no harm was done to existing scans.

Scanning though with my Ipad LiDAR was not as I'd hope it to be. It is done under Iphone/Ipad scanning and the use of the LiDar is not available if you have a Matterport camera connected. I was hopping they'd make the built in LiDAR to assist with a Matterport Camera scanning.

And so far I could not find any benefits of using this with Ipad/Iphone scanning, in fact it seems to generate some quite big mesh with the built in LiDAR but even picking a next spot for scanning within this mesh and far away of edges getting to no alignment. I remember when I first tried my Ipad for Matterport I could do scans 5 meters apart. I don't know why using the LiDAR reduces it to 2-3 meters. top.

And even when it could align the next scan it put it in a wrong place(3 meters from a real spot). I must add that I was scanning with the sun behind my house. It maybe even worse in sunlit areas.
Post 2 IP   flag post
101421 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?