Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LargePricingWarehouse

Large Warehouse and Office Shoot Pricing?13725

simbany1 private msg quote post Address this user
Was curious as to how to price a potential warehouse shoot. Will be my first "big" commercial shoot. Been mostly residential so far.

The property consists of about 34,000sf of warehouse space and 5,000sf of total office space on 3 floors. There's a rooftop deck with an unobstructed view of the city as well.

Agent is thinking photos, 360's and aerials and to provide the most exposure possible. I'm not completely sure how to price it though. I charge $25/250sf over 2,500sf. If I calculate using that method, the oversize fee alone would be around $3,600. I have no idea if that's fairly standard but coming from residential where my biggest job was $700, it sounds big.

Wanted to get an idea from those that work in commercial, how you typically calculate the cost on a property of this size? I was thinking to initially price out the office and warehouse separately. I guess I'm really looking for some assistance on pricing warehouse space. The office I can simply charge the $25/250sf over 2,500sf but I feel like the warehouse should be calculated differently being such an open space.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Bill
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@simbany1. What a great project! I am just eyeballing your stats, but since you are not going through another agency (sharing the cut), I would think you could charge between $2500-3K. I am currently under contract with a company who (in my mind) pays very well. I am doing several commercial retail spaces between 25-32K sq ft each and getting paid $1,000-1,100 per job. My guess is they are taking a serious cut, but compared to real estate agents, they pay VERY well and hire me reasonable often. So that's very good money for 6-10 hours of work in my mind.

I just saw that they want aerials and standard photos as well. I'd go for the $3000. Tell them your formula and tell them you are able to take 15% off.

Your project sounds special. The warehouse will not need nearly as many scans as my retail spaces.

The retail spaces I'm scanning require about 600 scans (more for the larger) because they want the scans closer together. I am using a 2020 11" iPad Pro. After I purchased a new standard iPad in the spring I did more research on the processing power of the new iPad Pro so now my standard is my back up.

Anyway, interested in reading the range of suggestions.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
PS, if it's a new client and you want to earn their future business you could offer less and tell them what you would charge them for such a project in the future.
Post 3 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
A couple of different ways to approach this. I typically charge .10 cents/Sq. Ft. With the amount of work on back end of editing and setting up the walk thru tour they are getting a deal. what about the hosting fee?

That's a cost you absorbed unless they pay you the monthly fee.
Secondly, is there a possibility of multiple properties? If so then I usually drop to .8 cents/sq. ft.

However those properties can be strung out over months and years so they can get a savings. I tell them the extra properties need to be completed in 6 months for the 20% discount.

Lastly, I look at each commercial and see what is the selling point of building? The warehouse which can get redundant with 3-D or the offices and conference rooms within the building?

You can 360 the unimportant and 3-D only the important selling points.
Aerial? I use my drone and throw in the pics for .10 cents/sq. ft.
Post 4 IP   flag post
simbany1 private msg quote post Address this user
@toddwaddington thanks! You have some nice projects coming up too! Seems like the company's comp plan is pretty fair.

I'm very excited about the project and yes def will be working on a discount. They have two development projects coming up in Brooklyn that they want to do a timeline project on so going to make sure they're happy. I'm going to have questions on how to price that one too

Since there's no third party, I can be a bit flexible with pricing but I also want to make sure that I'm setting a standard and then can discount from there...like you said with giving the 15% off.

I actually miscalculated the overage. It would be $1,825 for the overage and then would add the package they want from there. Seems more inline for the cost of a warehouse.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I would charge in AUD about $5000 so yours at $3500 USD seems to be quite fair and similar to mine.

I could make it 10-20% cheaper considering a repeating business from the same client but it does not look like the same client is going to bring a lot more. If it is just one time order my price takes into account the size of a job and I cannot see any reason to discount it more for just one job. If it turns out more than one I can give a better discount on all that will come after the first one.

Keep in mind that Matterport service tech fees won't be to far away from your first quote so you are for sure not overpricing it and rather changing what most of us will ask.

On the other hand something like this can take 3-4 days to do without any interruptions, If you are more than happy to work full 8 hours non stop for $500/day why stick to fees per square foot while you can charge per day.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
It's odd, but clients who tend to pay the most are the happiest and complain the least. Those who nickel and dime you are most likely to never be happy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@GETMYVR, that is ALWAYS the case. I've worked in many different industries. Perhaps it all boils down to whether a person has a consciousness of abundance (generosity) or lack (poverty). The abundance consciousness is much less fearful and always knows there is enough to go around while the lack consciousness "nickels and dimes" because they are always in fear of being in need or something being taken from them. I realize, this is a broad stroke response, but as I said, I've experience this in show business, booking extraordinary talent whose only concern was how they could help ME where less talented folks were often nit picking divas.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101641 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?