Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentMarketingReal Estate AgentsReal Estate Photographer ProVideo

Video: 6 Reasons Real Estate Agents Switch Real Estate Photographers13709

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Real Estate Media Services and Pricing-#1597-What Are The Common Reasons For Moving To Other Service Provider with Norman & Young MSP/Real Estate Photographer Pro Founder Eli Jones

Video: 6 Reasons Real Estate Agents Switch Real Estate Photographers

Hi All,

In this WGAN-TV Short Story (#1597, above) Real Estate Photographer Pro Course Creator Eli Jones - Matterport Service Provider (Ft. Worth, Texas based-Norman & Young) talks about why real estate agents switched to his real estate photography services business.

What other reasons have real estate agents switched to you from another real estate photographer?

Related

1. Entire WGAN-TV Live at 5 interview with Eli Jones: How to Price Matterport, Photos, Video and Drone
2. Real Estate Photographer Pro Course by Eli Jones
3. Free Webinar (pre-recorded): How to Get Started as a Real Estate Photographer by Eli Jones

Happy holidays,

Dan

---

Transcript (video above)

I'm trying to understand, why did somebody leave another photographer? What's the pain that the photographers are causing, that you can result in them reaching out to you, whether it was a referral or not?

- Yeah. And so, there's the common ones and the funny ones.

The common ones are - the unwillingness generally to help prepare a home. That's one of our big selling points is, we'll spend 15 minutes tidying stuff, regardless of how well the agent tells the homeowner to prepare, there's always stuff out.

And so, we've actually heard people say, "Oh, the photographer, said for insurance reasons, "I can't touch anything." That's not true. They need to find different insurance. I have great insurance, it's cheap and it doesn't tell us we can't move anything. So, that to me is just honestly a lie to get out of doing work. So, there's stuff like that.

And there's other stuff like the photographers are not really, they're not invested in, they're not nice, they're not easy to work with. We get a lot of that. "I'm the photographer, I know better" competitors. And those are my favorite, because of the clients don't like working with them.

We get funny ones like the photographer wouldn't go in because the air conditioning was off. What? The photographer wouldn't shoot the backyard, we had this one recently, because they saw a fox. And so, to us, it's really the customer service, and it's our accommodating that we do, and to make the experience great, both for the agent and the homeowner.

- Do you know what the fox said?

- It sounds like you're going to tell me.

- I don't, just curious.

- I know.

- Do any real estate agents leave photographers because their pricing is too complex?

- No, I couldn't tell you directly. I do know that we've heard people say they love how simple our pricing is. So, whether that was the reason itself, or maybe just like a catalyzing factor that made them make the switch, I don't know. And I think, usually, it's a multitude of things. It's messing up a bunch of other stuff like that.
Post 1 IP   flag post
3D Renderings
AEC Elevation Drawings
Montreal, Québec
ArchimedStudio private msg quote post Address this user
I have one (cheap, but somewhat successful) realtor tell me: "Your prices are too too (yes, twice) expensive..." She forgot to add "for me, because I'm too cheap".

She was all mixed up between price and value. When a client only compares prices, it's a lost battle and I won't even try to fight it anymore (it does pisses me off though).

mmmhh realtors...

The crazier part of that story, is that I was already giving her a volume discount and I was basically losing money (or wasting time let's say) shooting for her. I guess it's a win-win that I lost her as a client

Cheers,
Matt
Post 2 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@ArchimedStudio she is "too cheap?" or "too too cheap?"
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
A big one is a realtor owes a photographer money, will not pay, so they to call a different photographer rather than pay what they owe. Often I know when a realtor is going to call for service because they will pay past due invoices. Then call for new service.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101428 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?