Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360AdviceHostingShow TourStreamableVideoVimeoYouTube

Suggestions 360 video hosting (options for Vimeo and YouTube)NOT TOURS!13309

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I know Dan has a list of 150 Tour Platforms. I'm looking for options only for 360 video hosting, like what Vimeo and YouTube offer. Not a tour platform. I thought Streamable was going to work for everything I create (cheap!) but after hosting some regular videos, learned that they "don't do 360".

YouTube is free but various "stuff" pops up on the screen at the end of the clip. Not good for controlling content for a real estate listing.

Vimeo seems like the only other option even after a couple hours searching. Their monthly price is workable. I need decent traffic analytics and they seem to provide that.

I put together a Show and Tour dummy site to test the same non-360 video on the three platforms to see what the viewers look like, because that has some impact on the experience. I share the site only because some may not have seen the Show and Tour single-page website. It is easy to use, inexpensive, and a great way to feature the media for a single property. The file names show and the Streamable video loops. I'm not taking time to make it pretty for you. But you can see the three hosting interfaces for regular video. https://show.tours/videocomparisontest

Any suggestions for a hosting platform that accepts 360 video? Reasonably priced with decent analytics? Thank you!
Post 1 IP   flag post
tmroberts private msg quote post Address this user
why not use AWS S3? Depending on your front end you could easily use Google Analytics.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I believe YouTube & Vimeo are the two major players ~ Facebook also supports 360 video but, it can be very finicky and is browser dependent

A paid Vimeo account would take care of adds but, YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world so it a bit of give and play
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch
Thanks for the quick reply. (And wish you had a different "perfect" solution!)

You make a good point about YouTube and the benefit of exposure. I'll have to weigh the appearance at the end of videos of other stuff appearing with the value of YouTube's exposure.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I also recommend in YouTube having a “buy it now” button as I like to call it ~ in the top of your video description have contact info for the sales agent and a link back to look at the property
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@tmroberts Thanks for your suggestion! I just scanned through the offering at Amazon. It looks like literally nickels and dimes per month to host the amount of traffic I am forecasting. I will check that out more thoroughly.

The front end is most likely going to be the Show and Tour platform.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch Your suggestion for a Call to Action button sounds smart. Do you have an example to show what you are describing. Thank you, again!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

Not 360 but same premise:

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch Thanks, I skipped to the end to see what you meant. Yeah, a basic "end card" that is a good idea, just haven't got that far in the production process yet. We will get to it, maybe an entry screen too.

By the way, as soon as your videos ended, my screen was filled with a gallery of 12 windows of my recent YouTube views. That's what is causing me some hesitancy about YouTube...
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

Open either of the videos above in YouTube the description I have a buy it now link

https://youtu.be/5tfIDNKJ2_A
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@lilnitsch Thank you, again. I missed what you had meant the first time, I was looking at the end of the clip. I see you put a link down below to the single page website. Good idea!!!
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Dataventurer

I know it’s a call to action but, I like to call it the “buy it now” button
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@tmroberts I created an account and uploaded a 207MB video file to test it.

Two gotchas came up:
1. Max file upload size is 128MB (this is the Free version, maybe no limits for a paid plan?)
2. The video file has no native viewer so Show and Tour can only access the media through a Link, which has no thumbnail image, just a small icon instead of the big, beautiful background photos.

Any other suggestions? Buehler? Buehler? Buehler?....
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@tmroberts Stop the presses! I just discovered I could add a thumbnail so the link looks like the other hosting platforms on the single page website! This could work. The player pops up LARGE. And even though the dashboard said there was a 128MB limit, the file still plays. I need to check that out.

Do you know anything about the file size limit? The message says "Use the API". Not going to go there...
Post 14 IP   flag post
@dataventurer - you should have no file size limit. We use S3 to serve up hundreds of videos a day significantly larger than 128mb and we've never had any issue. Yes it is a large player and you should be able to select your thumbnail. Did you check your permissions for file size limitation?
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
I believe YouTube & Vimeo are the two major players ~ Facebook also supports 360 video but, it can be very finicky and is browser dependent

A paid Vimeo account would take care of adds but, YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world so it a bit of give and play

@Dataventurer

Like @lilnitsch said, plus ...

✓ ave 25 percent on annual plans with the WGAN Affiliate Link for Vimeo.

WGAN uses BOTH YouTube and Vimeo to host 360 videos (and all our other videos):

WGAN-TV Vimeo Channel (2,500 videos)
YouTube (400 videos)

We use Vimeo (Pro account) because it gives us so much control over our content and how it can be shared. For example, we use LOOP video at the end on nearly all our videos. And, some videos we have the text to display and some we don't. I like that I could give a WGAN team members limited access to our Vimeo channel to manage our content and the various settings that our my preference.

We use YouTube because, as @lilnitsch writes, YouTube is the #2 search engine. May WGAN Members (and Visitors) first discover us via the WGAN YouTube Channel (not via Vimeo). While I am not thrilled with the backed-end YouTube content management, it's essential for WGAN to be on YouTube. Vimeo back-end is an Apple-like experience that is super-easy to use and offers a ton of features.

Please let us know what you decide and why.

I hope that helps.

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

360º Video: Hosted on Vimeo

360º Video: Hosted on YouTube

@Dataventurer

WGAN Forum Discussion (from three years ago)

Comparing 360º Video: YouTube versus VIMEO
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@tmroberts Thanks for your comments. I tried uploading a 360 .mp4 file to my new Amazon S3 account. It displays in the "bucket" via a HTTP URL. When I pasted that URL into the Link interface of a Show and Tours single-page website, the video displays "flat", not in 360. Is there an embed code for files? If my question here is too detailed for you to spend time on, bag it. Using a hosting service should be easy. Amazon is making it painful. Only the low cost is keeping my interest in following it through to the end to see if it will work. Thank you!
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@DanSmigrod Dan, thanks for adding your comments. At this point in my research, Vimeo is looking like a reasonable cost/benefit option. Especially with the discount code offered to your members! Nice perk for hanging out with you! Thank you!
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Dataventurer You will create various "buckets" to store the content. Depending on how much content or the type of media you're serving you would create a bucket for that particular digital asset. Using S3 you do not have the ability to insert a 360 image as the "thumbnail" for the video file. There is a learning curve though I've been using AWS for 7 years so it's very easy for us and sure suits our needs.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
@tmroberts Thanks for your continued comments here! Are you able to host a 360 video file? I saw only an http link associated with the 360 mp4 file I uploaded. I could get the non-360 video to play as a Link (instead of an embedded link)nicely but no luck with the 360 video. I wasn't trying to use a 360 thumbnail.
Thank you again for your comments. This forum really is a great resource for members!
Post 21 IP   flag post
101641 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?