Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ScanningtipsTransitionsTricks

Any tricks to improve transitions in a matterport without rescanning?12015

jacobpmac private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned a house yesterday and the tour did not turn out how I hoped it would. I am trying to find a way to improve the quality of the tour without going back to add in new scans. The homeowners have two little girls and would not be happy with me coming to reshoot.

The problem is in the hall way leading into the master bedroom.

It is a little glitchy when trying to enter the master bedroom. Also, I can not enter the backyard from the sliding glass door in the master bedroom.

This is my biggest concern because currently the only way to get to the backyard is to enter through the courtyard in the front.

I'll leave my tour in this post. I have not gone in and edited scans or added matterports in fear of having to reupload a new project. I am hoping someone knows a few tricks i'm unaware of. Thank you.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PoNPR3mabRC
Post 1 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
At quick glance, it appears that you don't have enough scan positions. Try to get at least four (4) scans per room.....one in each corner and then the center of the room if possible. Your 360's are there....just attached to the wrong portion of the mesh. That can be easily adjusted in the Workshop.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
@jacobpmac You could put a Mattertag on the sliding door in the Master bedroom ( I presume you did not scan with that sliding door open, and did not scan on both sides.

The glitchiness cannot be fixed because you did not place the scan with a good enough view down the passageway.

You are scanning far too few scans. You should scan on the both sides of any doorway, that way it is easier to move around.
If you do not have a clear view of a scan you will not be able to reach it.

I don't know if this will help but have a look at where I place my scans in this tour. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=NZrWeWGs9to
Post 3 IP   flag post
@leonherbert The screen door was shut when I scanned. I realized I should have added more scans after I viewed it in the workshop.

I'll look into adding a mattertag to the sliding door. I thought the scan in the corner was close enough considering it aligned when I scanned the next position right outside of the door. Thanks for the advice.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@jacobpmac its not always about alignment, it is far easier to over scan and turn off extra hot spots. That being said that does not help you now. I have found setting down with agent or family and showing them what you have and give them the options to correct it. Even after all the years I have been doing this I just finished a home for a contractor, it had Jack and Jill bathroom very small with 3rd door for toilet leaving all doors at 45 degree angle maneuvering thru is like maze. I did not like final product told contractor I did not like it gave him a few options one removing two of the doors. He told me he already saw it and was happy with it the way it was. So just an option.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@ron0987 This a great line of thinking. I found a solution to correct this. I am going to use mattertag deep links to soften the transitions in the areas I underscanned. I will show the finished product to you guys in a couple hours. Maybe someone can benefit from this in the future.

I can't imagine the broker will have a problem with the mattertags. If he for some reason has a problem with it I'll let him know the otheroption would be to go back and add more scans.
Post 6 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
I would say that you need to add another scan at the L intersection of the hallway. As it is, the only way to turn that corner to the right toward the master bedroom is to first navigate to the bedroom entrance to the left, and then turn around to face toward the master bedroom before going on. Your client may be satisfied as is, but I would not accept it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Garnetwest @leonherbert @ron0987

Hey guys,

For any one who is interested here is the finished product. I realize that it is not always about alignment and moving forward I will be sure to add in extra scans just to be on the safe side. Thanks to @leonherbert suggestion of using the mattertag deeplink feature it saved me from HAVING to go back and add in more scans. I put a deep link in the hallway that jumps me to the bedroom and another one in front of the sliding door that jumps me to the backyard. Thanks for all the help a nd suggestions.
[mpembed]<iframe width='853' height='480' src='https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PoNPR3mabRC' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen allow='vr'></iframe>[/mpembed]

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=PoNPR3mabRC
Post 8 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
Btw, I noticed that you can "jump through" the mirror in the master bedroom into the the next bedroom over, and vice versa. It's actually kinda cool. Also in the adjoining bedroom, you can see the mattertag placed in the master bedroom with the deep link to the backyard. I assume this is because you did not mark the mirror.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@johnwheatley You assumed correctly. Looks like I will be going back to mark that mirror. Thanks for checking my tour out.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobpmac
@johnwheatley You assumed correctly. Looks like I will be going back to mark that mirror. Thanks for checking my tour out.

My first thought when I went through a wall and ended up in a bedroom with mirror doors for a built in wardrobe was that these mirror doors were not marked at all. That's why you can go through the wall. However the backyard problem is coming from folded curtains in the bedroom. The folded top parts of them at the top is what blocking walk through outside from most scan points. You can still get through the middle of the curtains opening but you need to be standing on the scan points near the bed end. Anyway you cannot fix this problem and your Mattertag is a good idea but you really need to mark wardrobe doors to stop going through the wall. Just mark them as a mirror and it should fill the mesh on the wall as solid surface and it should stop transition through the wall.

As a good practise always mark mirrors or anything that reflects light.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Wingman I am going to mark all my windows and reupload. Thanks for the feedback. I have another shoot on Sunday. I'll make sure not to repeat any of these mistakes. I was able to make it work but it took a lot of extra time.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101436 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?