Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19MarketingQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: Phone ringing off the hook to order Matterport Tours?11514

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Tuesday, 14 April 2020:

"Is your phone ringing off the hook from (desperate) real estate agents and others to place Matterport 3D Tour orders?

I will start it off ...

Yes. Real Estate Agents – and others – in Atlanta and beyond – have been emailing and calling to place orders and get referrals. We had had some very large requests too from commercial real estate brokers for Matterport scans of their commercial spaces for sale and lease (and more).

Stay healthy,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't say ringing off the hook for Matterport, but definitely busy... I'm seeing a ton of interest in 360° tours and a slight increase in Matterport scans. Many of our brokers are still leary of any relationship with Matterport.
Post 2 IP   flag post
MKALX private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan
Do you get any requests from the UK part of the map?
Post 3 IP   flag post
CTownMedia private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, lots of new clients wanting Matterport in the last few weeks, it's like they just discovered it
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@MKALX

While I have not, WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members have public profiles on the WGAN Find a Pro Map. So, estate agents can reach out directly (and I would not know unless either told me).

@immersivespaces @CTownMedia

Thanks for letting us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownMedia
Yes, lots of new clients wanting Matterport in the last few weeks, it's like they just discovered it

Yes. Like they just discovered Matterport.

it!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
MKALX private msg quote post Address this user
OK thanks for the reply
Post 6 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Ok circling back on this thread. My main source of income is film production, last year I did Westside story with Speilberg and before that, we did "the Joker" and in my gaffing work and shooting work I work closely with the art department and specifically the prod designers. That being said my work all stopped on March 13 - every studio in NYC shut down, locked up. I don't see that changing for at least 30 more days and maybe longer. So while I have shot some work for a local real estate person, a very small one agent/own agent guy it never aloud me much of purchase in the real estate world. I'm also not super interested in it since everyone is looking for the next lower fee - or they want to research so they can buy it themselves. Some don't like matterport and I don't understand that at all so. I try to work for event spaces and museums and public spaces - that seems to make sense but at this moment those spaces can't think straight either. That leads me back to Real estate - how do I get clients? Simply put? Thank you. Spencer
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of calls coming in, mostly asking what Virtual Tours cost. Once they know, most don't call back.

I highly recommend that anyone now doing only Matterport resign yourself to the following choices:
(a) working for less and less money, because you're competing with the company you're dependent upon.
(b) learn how to create quality, customized, high-end 360° Tours for large businesses, where Matterport cannot do the job.

@Spencerlasky - Hello Spencer! I also come from the film business but likely a generation before you. No Moviolas in my past but plenty of flatbed edit tables and splicing tape, long before digital. I've made a home of sorts in 3D/360 tours but it's very different and most agents go for low price, not high quality like the film industry. I directed TV commercials for 35 years with side trips into music videos and television. I'm happy to trade stories and offer any advice I can. I'm on the left coast.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I think they just discovered that it's valuable when sellers don't want anyone in their home.

@Spencerlasky - Price focused clients are rarely profitable. Same thing for folks who want to know how to do it themselves. They don't understand the time value of money. If someone keeps coming back to price then this is not an investment that will work for them. MP is not right for every listing. Heck some listings don't need photos. But most listings will benefit from it and it can be used by the agent to position themselves as a more savvy agent to potential clients. Dan has some great YouTube videos on selling to agents.

When someone beats me up on price I hit them square between the eyes. "If price is your number one concern than I'm not your guy. I am rarely the least expensive option. I focus on quality and straight forward pricing. I'd love to work with you if quality and clarity are important to you. Otherwise I completely understand if you want to use the least expensive option you can find. Can I put you on my calendar?"
Post 9 IP   flag post
Miami
dovisual private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul Where can I find those videos?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
@dovisual just search Youtube for We Get Around Matterport.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Ok Brian thank you - good front facing comments to clients, it's almost always better to get past the one's that are all about money, it's usaually about stepping over dollars to pick up dimes so wiht that kind of thinking you don't stand a chance I agree. Home3D I'll hit you up and yes we for sure know the same people! thank you! I do remember full well watching dailies crowded around a moviola!

Spencer
Laskyfilms.com
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
@Spencerlasky - If you crowded around one, you'll recognize the green monster lurking behind the piano in this home music studio I just shot in L.A. I hadn't seen one of these for years.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Oh yes my foot is itching to hit the brake for the freeze-frame - as short-lived as the heat would allow! Beautiful space! I feel like I'm in Topanga? Man do I miss my santa monica mountains!
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
You're very close. This owner is in Hidden Hills. Composer for Disney I think. Clearly very successful, as this is the backyard guest house you're looking at.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @dovisual
@briangreul Where can I find those videos?

I am confused about which videos. Can you ask a different way?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
101636 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?