Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CoronavirusCOVID19MarketingOpen HouseQuestion of the DayVirtual Open House

Question of the Day>Will Open Houses Cease? Replaced by Virtual Open House?11201

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Thursday, 27 February 2020:

Will Open Houses Cease? Will Open Houses be replaced by Virtual Open Houses?

Dan

---

This question was inspired by this article:

CURBED (12 March 2020) NYC real estate agents explore alternatives to open houses amid coronavirus | Brokers are exploring virtual tours, FaceTime, and individual showings instead of traditional open houses

"According to Halstead’s Open House Index, a survey conducted to gauge attendance at weekend open houses, close to 13 percent of the events held the weekend of March 8 [2020] had zero visitors. That’s a shift from the previous weekend, when 11.5 percent of open houses went without a single visitor; before that, it was 9 percent," reports CURBED.

I could imagine more Open Houses will have ZERO attending.

"The numbers are in from the 2nd weekend after the coronavirus was detected in New York City, the fear and worry is creeping in, and in our field, everyone is asking: how is this going to affect buyers and sellers of real estate?," asks the Hallstead Open House Index for 8 March 2020. "44 open houses reported zero traffic, this is 12.9% from all surveys received. Last weekend that percentage was 11.5% and the weekend before that it stood at 9%."
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Premium
Lahaina, Hawaii
Skeeter private msg quote post Address this user
I hope so!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
The answer is yes and it has already started here in Belfast with many developers and individuals removing their homes from the market temporarily as they are concerned with strangers on their homes. Especially the older members of the community or families with children.

Here is an email I started sending today

In the light of the recent outbreak of Covid-19, many sellers and buyers alike are concerned about the viewing of properties due to the potential spread of the virus.

3D Showcase virtual tours are an ideal way to open up your house or show home 24/7 and allow potential clients to view and walk around the property as if they are there.

3D Showcase are currently running an offer for 3D tours with up to 12 months hosting of the tour.

Our tours can be viewed on any device anywhere anytime without needing any addition software. They are also VR ready and can be shared easily via a link or embedded into any website as easily as an image.

Local portals such as Property Pal and Property News are 3D Tour ready.

Contact us now and have your property open to view virus free.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Here on the Gulf Coast, they still have open houses, but when a decade ago, a newly listed property might get 50 or 60 visitors, now it is 5 or 6. Going the way of the dinosaur, IMHO.

Keith
Post 4 IP   flag post
GFHoge private msg quote post Address this user
I use the MP Statistics to show new Realtor Customers that they get more eyeballs and re-looks in their listings with MP than they could ever get with listing appointments and open houses.
Some are old-school and won't change quickly. Others see the value immediately and are long time customers.
We have been able to get houses sold the first day the MP model goes live - twice!

Love being on the cutting edge with y'all.

Geof
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 8 IP   flag post
Atlanta
BarnesCreative private msg quote post Address this user
@dansmigrod I don’t see it stopping at basic home virtual tours. I’m already getting requests for video/drone “tours” from large companies that handle 200 million dollar and up transactions. They know people are stopping travel and they don’t want to lose the eyeballs aka possible sales.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I went to two inspections yesterday with the idea of offering tours to agents playing on the virus card.

I do not think some of them including buyers realise how ugly it can be.

People came to one and it was an auction. I saw about 15 of them plus all three guys from an agency and an auction guy. All stayed close together during the auction, the agents shaked every one's hand, the auction guy came to two couples really close to discuss something privately. I do not think the agents and the auction guy realise that they can become sick and spreading the virus to everybody.

The property was sold probably 5% more than it really costs because of two buyers bidding. I had a chat with the agent after everyone left. He agreed that even it was sold really well using virtual tours would be a great idea. We exchanged details.

The second inspection was a private pre-screen inspection with an agent. They had not put it on any listings website and invited buyers through a flyer. They probably did their flyers in 100s. I came close to the end and I was walking to the property from a road with one family. When we came there was nobody. I asked the agent if we could talk after the inspection. He said ok but he needed to talk with the family that came with me. That family though asked if they could come another day and left without inspecting the property. We had some time to chat and during it the agent agreed that the virus affecting the number of people coming and liked the idea to do it through virtual tours. I offered him a quote for the property and he asked me to do it and he would pass it to the owner. While I was walking through the property 3 more couples shown up.

After this I regretted that I could only make to two inspections yesterday. It looks like it is getting easier just to sell my service at an open house inspection plying the virus card.

From the other hand I have found two properties in my area selling through FSBO companies. One replied to my offer to help to sell their house but became unresponsive after I offered him to meet and show how I was going to help. I did not want to send them a link to a sample with Matterport from a start but after I sent it finally when they became silent & I still got no reply. Their property is quite nice with a price over $1.2M It is a bit weird that a few 100 for a tour is too much, especially they do not offer scheduled inspections, just a private one.

The second FSBO seller has not responded yet. I will go to their public inspection next Saturday to talk to them on a spot.

After all my experience yesterday I have put some thoughts on my facebook page about how it can get ugly with the virus and mentioned all my experience with the inspections yesterday. Here it is

https://www.facebook.com/WingmanMediaAustralia/posts/904665453311443
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

From Photography For Real Estate blog post (14 March 2020):

"...for those of us who do video and/or use 3D camera technology, is to do extra promotion of those services, so that our agent clients might choose to avoid doing open houses, which will reduce the risk of exposure for people in their marketplace. ..."

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
People came to one and it was an auction. I saw about 15 of them plus all three guys from an agency and an auction guy. All stayed close together during the auction, the agents shaked every one's hand, the auction guy came to two couples really close to discuss something privately. I do not think the agents and the auction guy realise that they can become sick and spreading the virus to everybody.

Now compare with what they say about this auction

https://www.domain.com.au/news/what-the-median-auction-price-gets-you-across-australia-940484/?fbclid=IwAR0k4qCfX7FjVlPQiXD2jOpIY7K5LXjEj2y7DotCTZIhE_j-5iwTncO6110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domain.Com.AU
While hand-shaking has stopped because of coronavirus, Mr Sharp said the rest was business as usual – for now.

This is actually total BS because he offered a handshake to everyone when people were leaving and I am sure he did the same when they were coming. So why he is saying opposite? I have no idea.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Another news from Australia

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/australian-leaders-consider-ban-on-groups-of-more-than-100-to-try-to-halt-coronavirus

It should not apply to open house inspections because it probably never happens that there are 100 people there at a time. But who can say they won't go further later and limit it to 20 or even look at inspections as one of the way to spread it and recommend against them.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Inman (18 March 2020) We talked to 21 multiple listing services about their coronavirus preparations. Here's what they said

Open House is mentioned 19 times in this article!

Save $20 on Inman subscription with this WGAN Affiliate Link for Inman.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Real estate agents changing how they interact with clients

https://www.kob.com/coronavirus/real-estate-agents-changing-how-they-interact-with-clients/5680029/https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kob.com/articles/real-estate-agents-changing-how-they-interact-with-clients-5680029.html
Post 15 IP   flag post
As a Florida Real Estate Broker, I just received this from our State Association from the Florida Surgeon General. Please use it to your advantage in the new marketplace. Stay Well!

"Open Houses MUST Adhere To CDC Guidelines

The Florida Surgeon General has informed Florida Realtors of anecdotal reports of open houses with more than 10 attendees. It is essential that any open house adhere to CDC recommendations for safe social distancing.

Housing is an essential need and Realtors in Florida need to continue to work to provide it, but only in a safe format. Please note that yesterday, Florida Realtors, the Florida Land Title Association and the Florida Home Builders Association asked Gov. Ron DeSantis to consider real estate transactions and title recording essential services which should remain active, pledging to adopt steps to minimize health and safety risks for practitioners and customers.

Please ensure your social media and advertising communications do not mislead the public about access to open houses in large groups. Please institute controls to ensure no more than 10 people, including yourself, gather at one time, and keep to the required 6-feet distance between individuals.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Juana Watkins
Florida Realtors General Counsel"
Post 16 IP   flag post
Here is another recent article.
https://www.propmodo.com/virtual-tours-prompt-engagement-during-widespread-isolation/

Stay Well.
Post 17 IP   flag post
101426 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?