Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CES2020NewsPilot OnePilotTourPress ReleaseSwiftbird

Labpano Pilot One pairs with Pilot Tour Offers Automatic Positioned 360s10748

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
#CES2020
---

Press Release

---

Labpano's New VR Camera is Here to Change the Game

SHENZHEN, China, Dec. 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Labpano (formerly Pisofttech), the leading panoramic hardware and solution provider, launches a new generation 360-degree panoramic camera, Pilot One. It supports 8K VR photography, recording, and even 8K live streaming. Pilot One comes with three unprecedented innovations in one camera: Swiftbird, a cloud-based live streaming solution, Pilot Open System, allowing developers to build their own apps, and Pilot Tour, a realtime V-SLAM positioning solution for precisely-positioned virtual tours.

A Premium Design with High-end Hardware to Define a New Category

Pilot One is the tiniest 8K 360º camera currently on the market: built to a size of only 44mm x 44mm x 128mm (1.7 x 1.7 x 5 inches). It is packed with 4 high-end Sony image sensors and ultra-high precision lenses with an F2.28 aperture.

The 3400mAh battery easily supports 2 hours of continuous 8K recording and live streaming. Design-wise, it adopts an all-metal cuboid framework with elegant arc edges, making it a true blend of art and technology.

Swiftbird 8K Live Streaming

Swiftbird is an end-to-end 8K stitching and distribution solution.

8K 360º live streaming has been a painful experience for many because of the requirement of a large and expensive stitching server. Labpano has changed this with a major innovative solution, Swiftbird 8K Cloud VR Live Streaming Solution. It frees administrators from moving around and setting up bulky physical servers, as well as heavy data change tasks due to the signal shift between different regions. Simply connect the camera to the network, you can easily share 8K high-quality 360° real-time contents across the globe.

Pilot Tour

Pilot Tour is a breakthrough for virtual tour creation. With centimeter-level location accuracy using Labpano's V-SLAM algorithm, it is now possible to create large-scale tours with automatically positioned images. Compared with other third-party platforms, Pilot Tour can generate a virtual tour with fewer steps, less time, and lower cost. Pilot One is the most efficient VR camera to create an immersive tour in a large open space like a city square.

Pilot Open System

Pilot One is not only a VR camera but also a hardware platform. Pilot One is built on the Pilot Open System, an open operating system built from Android, allowing users to build their own app to fully control the camera, customizing the workflow to best suit their unique business needs.

Modules and Accessories for Ultra Flexibility and Expansion

Pilot One comes with a series of modular accessories for customers to purchase based on their own needs:

✓ GPS module
✓ 4G module
✓ 5G module
✓ Ambisonic Mic,
✓ Dive Housing
✓ Waterproof Housing
✓ Protective Case
✓ Charging Grip.

Pilot One is also equipped with an upgraded real-time PilotSteady™ Stabilization Technology to realize a rock-solid steady image quality even in the bumpiest environments and 8K live streaming on-the-move.

Sales debut date and price is yet to be released, but the subscribe is now open at www.pisofttech.com/one/en/

SOURCE Labpano
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Pilot Tour

Pilot Tour is a breakthrough for virtual tour creation. With centimeter-level location accuracy using Labpano's V-SLAM algorithm, it is now possible to create large-scale tours with automatically positioned images. Compared with other third-party platforms, Pilot Tour can generate a virtual tour with fewer steps, less time, and lower cost. Pilot One is the most efficient VR camera to create an immersive tour in a large open space like a city square.

Sounds interesting!

I wonder if you need to shoot contiguously or one 360º in each room and the 360ºs are automatically placed on a map and linked appropriately.

I could image we'll learn more at CES2020. Stay tuned.

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
What totally unclear is how you can use more than one module at the same time. Let's say you need to use simultaneously microphone, 5G and GPS modules. Are they stackable?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman
What totally unclear is how you can use more than one module at the same time. Let's say you need to use simultaneously microphone, 5G and GPS modules. Are they stackable?

Fingers and toes cross that you can stack them!

Hopefully at CES20 next week, they will announce pricing and ship date.

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
interesting unit....

@DanSmigrod - would be great if you can try it first hand. And please check on the pano alignment if done during the shoot or post in cloud?

thanks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
@kumar I believe you can expect the same resolution and stitching on their new Pilot One as it comes from their Pilot Era. Both cameras seem to be using exactly the same Sony sensors. Below you can see 360s taken with their Pilot Era https://kuula.co/profile/Labpano They are quite impressive in quality/resolution I must say.

Once I get my Pilot Era I can post a sample here. It is expected to be shipped tomorrow from NZ and if customs or DHL won't screw it up I should get it at the beginning of the next week.

As for an expected price I do not think it is going to be cheaper than $1500 USD. Labpano seems to be quite persistent with their price for a Pilot Era(it is almost $2800 USD) If their Pilot One is just their cut down on a battery capacity, a smaller screen, a body/look and separate modules I cannot see why they would be selling a Pilot One much cheaper.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman great to know on era you are about to get.

The era samples are really cool - when looked at 1X but I find loss of quality when I just start zooming in. I feel the xphase does the best of all by far in images (of course more lenses there with no distortion). Personally the video side of 360 is done and dusted for me so the interest now is mainly into images. I wish pilot plays something like xphase - camera exclusive to images
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I do not think a XPhase is ready for any commercial work. I believe they still have not done location data implementation in 360 and they record dummy data there. Its resolution may be great but I also do not like the look and how it is built. Not sure if a Xphase is ever going to be an option for me.

As for Pilot Era images on kuula it may be that kuula cuts on resolution(you can see that even XPhase 360 cannot be zoomed too much) plus sometimes it takes some time for them to refresh tiles when you zoom in. I can say for sure that based on a resolution alone it beats Theta Z1 for sure. But it is not just by numbers, you can even see it visually.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Labpano has published info about their Pilot One in english
https://www.pisofttech.com/one/en/
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman

@Wingman

A Labpano representative let me know that the modules are stackable!

As of Thursday, 9 January 2020, no word on pricing, when pre-orders begin and when shipping begins. (I will keep asking, if not announced at #CES2020

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
As of Thursday, 9 January 2020, no word on pricing, when pre-orders begin and when shipping begins. (I will keep asking, if not announced at #CES2020

I believe in one of the videos about Labpano from CES2020 somebody has said something about the middle of February. Let see if I can find it.
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Here it is. He says "it is coming out in February"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Labpano/permalink/3135048286522645/
Post 12 IP   flag post
101636 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?