Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 674 Unique Visitors
9,057 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,711 Page Views | 19,043 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGoogle Street View SummitGSVGSV19

NEWS: Google Street View Summit 2019 Announced9574

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user

Source of the following: Google

Welcome to the 2019 Google Maps Street View Summit!

This year, we’re thrilled to be hosting our annual flagship event at our Google office in London on Tuesday, September 24th and Wednesday, September 25th. Once again, the summit will bring together top contributors, camera manufacturers and members of the Street View team to talk about new emerging technologies and the exciting future of Street View.

This year the Google Maps Street View Summit will continue to explore the means, methods and motivations of our Street View contributors publishing 360 imagery to Google Maps.

Imagine a world where fresh street-level imagery is ubiquitous and the kind of amazing opportunities that this would present for governments, tourism organisations and local businesses. In 2019, we’ll talk about how we can work together to make this a reality by delving into some of the following topics:

- collecting and utilizing large-scale, street level contributions as a powerful data set and marketing asset
- benefiting from the latest updates on Street View publishing platforms, third party cameras and Google tools
- adopting best practices that demonstrate proven results as suggested by compelling use cases of Street View
- setting up relationships and networks to connect and collaborate with other members of the Street View community in your own region

You’ll also have a chance to meet directly with many Googlers working on Street View.

If you haven’t attended any of the previous summits, take a look at the recap video from last year.

Registration is open now! Please note that the capacity for this event is limited, and all travel and hotel accommodations are at your own expense.

For more information:
https://events.withgoogle.com/street-view-summit-2019/
(Please note, registration is -only- available to people who have been invited)

Source: Google
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
I'm super excited that GSV Summit this year is in London! Several notable GSV Contributors have received their invitations already -- I am still waiting for mine (and so is Dan -- don't tell anyone!)

I'd love to find out who on the We Get Around Network forum got invited! Please post if you did! I'm planning on being there again this year!

Because of last year's summit - I met several strategic partners; went bicycle riding with Paolo @Tosolini; met one of my best friends; and took a ton of selfies! I was even inspired to buy the NCTech iStar Pulsar -- and thanks to Dan's pre-show dinner, I met Anton and Jonathan from GeoCV (and now own one of those too!)

I can't wait for this year!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
I got invited and I'm surprised that they haven't sent anything to you and @dansmigrod yet. I bet they will correct this glitch soon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
DO they have any page for future summits? I would be more than happy to come to London but it would be too pricey to fly just for that to London from Australia.

And that not just about travel expenses. I hate these long haul flight(20 hours), I cannot sleep on a plane and usually too exhausted after them to be able to do anything.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@WingMan This was announced today and to invitees first. There is no page for future summits.

Concerning long flights, Google has done a rather good job of picking geographically diverse locations each year. Amsterdam, Japan, San Francisco and now London. Perhaps a future summit will be in Australia.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360

Hey!

How did you get to go on a bike ride with @Tosolini

I did not get to do that!

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
@WingMan This was announced today and to invitees first. There is no page for future summits.

Concerning long flights, Google has done a rather good job of picking geographically diverse locations each year. Amsterdam, Japan, San Francisco and now London. Perhaps a future summit will be in Australia.

I didn't receive my invite also. Perhaps a future summit could be in Brazil. Does anyone would vote on this?

Takeda
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Good news ... I (just) registered.

I will be covering the 2019 Google Street View Summit (24-25 September 2019, London) for the We Get Around Network and WGAN-TV, as I did for GSV17 in Tokyo and GSV18 in San Francisco/Mountain View.

Any interest in a WGAN Forum Member Meetup in London?

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Hi All,

Good news ... I (just) registered.

Any interest in a WGAN Forum Member Meetup in London?

Best,

Dan

Hi Dan! I'll be joining you there too as I received my invite in the second wave as well Great times ahead!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Excellent news! I look forward to seeing you again at another Google Street View Summit!

Hi All,

If you are attending, I signed up for the day before activity:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Street View with a Bird’s Eye View

Become part of the iconic London skyline as you take in the 360
degree views from the world famous London Eye. Enjoy the
opportunity to network with your Street View colleagues in your
private capsule as you take in the impeccable views and sip on
chilled champagne.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope to see you there!

Best,

Dan

Hope to see you in the Bird's View Experienc.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I look forward to seeing you at the 2019 Google Street View Summit. I will be covering the event for the WGAN Community for those that can not attend.

WGAN Forum related discussions:

WGAN Forum Meetup in London on Monday, 23 September 2019 (Day before GSV19)
London Urban 360º Photo Jungle Tour | 10 am Saturday, 21 Sept. 2019

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

I hope to see you at the WGAN Forum Meetup dinner 7 pm Monday, 23 September - the night before the 2019 Google Street View Summit.

Best,

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Also got an invite, but SORRY. No motivation to join #Brexit country. Please next time choose a real european location. #WeAreEurope
Post 13 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Or they could choose #Brazil !!!

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Official 2019 Google Street View Summit Recap Video | Video courtesy of James Mulcahy YouTube Channel

Hi All,

May WGAN Members are in this 2019 Google Street View Summit Official Recap Video ...

Best,

Dan
Post 15 IP   flag post
101767 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?