Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSV17

Matterport to Google Street View Delayed ...5360

justinv private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Surprise, Surprise. Another Matterport claim about cool camera features that are coming down the line that still cannot come to fruition. Feeling so desensitized about anything new and exciting about this company and it's features.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV you took the words right outta my mouth!! Surprise surprise... same ol same ol... why tell us about stuff if your not actually going to promptly follow through so damn annoying
Post 3 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
I would expect something working by end of Q1/2018.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@mori - You want to home in on a date for that?

We could setup a Baby Bookie Page for each Matterport feature that is "coming soon" and see who comes close to actually getting the time of arrival correct. lol.

- add it as an advertisment to @DanSmigrod 's "WGAN-TV Live: Buy a Matterport Camera?"
Post 5 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport are really aiming to only release products that are reliable and manageable. The current state of GSV is a pandora's box of unexpected results and disappointment. I am convinced that Matterport can flip a switch at the drop of the hat and launch GSV that would be -FAIRLY- reliable -- but not completely reliable.

I believe that Matterport is waiting for the platform to be ready to use and is only behind in launching this -- not in having it ready. I believe they are not willing to launch in BETA as they know that the feedback would be circumstantial and that they have no desire to jump into a cost prohibitive large scale support program for Google's product. this, but not behind in having the product ready for market.

GoThru.co is an EXCELLENT platform for submitting to Google as @Alin has built a tools to check the status of ingestion into Google including showing status of 'This pano was submitted to Google but isn't appearing; these connections were submitted to Google but aren't connected' -- it's very robust and I have had to push the same tour multiple times to get it fully populated. And then again, I've sometimes published without a hitch.
Post 6 IP   flag post
dtavres private msg quote post Address this user
Regardless... Matterport needs to NOT announce vaporware. Some people might even call it FRAUD.

The $4,000 price tag for the camera - with the expectation of "GSV by Summer" (now "Fall"... but more likely Summer 2018) leaves a REALLY bad taste in the mouth of those of us keeping Matterport in business.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Keep in mind that GSV can be created with DLSRs using the robust GoThru platform with high quality results. I've created projects with different levels and 200 plus panos coupled with architectural images.
Because of Google's privacy restrictions, residential properties created in Matterport will most likely not be allowed. Matterport for me is another tool in my tool bag of resources. Just leverage the Matterport camera where it makes sense.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@Wonderdawg Absolutely and I don't think matterport could ever replace dslr however the idea of being able to use MP instead of having to do a full shoot, stitch, patch, upload etc etc was for us going to be a massive time
saver for our smaller jobs that don't need the quality a dslr shoot provides. Not to mention the upsell to those smaller of clients of two in one!! And the potential time saving it could provide where our professional photographers don't need to shoot those jobs on a dslr we could have our juniors take the extra MP and shoot the small jobs for us.
You are absolutely not going to be able to publish real estate on Google as it is Black Listed along with showhomes etc.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: WGAN-TV Live at 5 Roundtable on Friday, 15 September 2017.

@aarongeis - Aaron Geis Photography Photographer Aaron Geis
@alin - GoThru Founder and Photographer Alin Bugeag
@Metroplex360 - Metroplex360 Founder and Developer Chris Hickman
@Panoskin - LCP360 ( @Panoskin ) CEO Wojciech Kalembasa
@Panoskin - LCP360 ( @Panoskin ) CTO Tom Chomiak
@TrustedPhotoDC - TrustedPhotoDC Photographer Chris Petracco

Host/Moderator: @DanSmigrod – We Get Around Network Founder Dan Smigrod

------

Hi All,

I could imagine that the issues identified in this WGAN-TV Live at 5 Roundtable (Friday, 15 September 2017) help explain why Matterport missed their original launch date for Matterport to Google Street View.

I could also imagine that Matterport is ready to launch Google Street View as soon as many of the issues – identified in the roundtable - are resolved.

While Matterport has revised its original public launch (press release) of Matterport to Google Street View for "Winter" ... I could imagine that is on or just before 20 March 2018 – the last day of Winter

[We Get Around Network coverage of the Matterport to Google Street View announcement at the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo in May 2017: (Matterport presentation | Matterport interview)]

When Matterport releases Matterport to Google Street View publishing, it will be a seminal moment in the history of Matterport and Matterport Service Providers. It's that important.

Since Matterport has made many announcements for new services that either have never been released or delayed as much as a year, we do not mention Matterport to Google Street View to any clients (or potential clients). Even Matterport stopped promoting it on their website.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Worth repeating ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
Matterport are really aiming to only release products that are reliable and manageable. The current state of GSV is a pandora's box of unexpected results and disappointment. I am convinced that Matterport can flip a switch at the drop of the hat and launch GSV that would be -FAIRLY- reliable -- but not completely reliable.

I believe that Matterport is waiting for the platform to be ready to use and is only behind in launching this -- not in having it ready. I believe they are not willing to launch in BETA as they know that the feedback would be circumstantial and that they have no desire to jump into a cost prohibitive large scale support program for Google's product. this, but not behind in having the product ready for market.

Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Related WGAN Forum Discussions:

Google Street View unbrands Client Tours
Matterport to Google Street View Delayed ...
WGAN-TV Live at 5 (GMT-4)>Google Street View
Index of the 2017 Google Street View Summit (May 2017, Tokyo)

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?