Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GSV17Panono

Panono MIA at 2017 Google Street View Summit4570

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

Not sure what this means: Panono was one of the companies that was scheduled to present at the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo (10-11 May 2017). They were on the official agenda that was published about two weeks prior to the event.

Panono disappeared from the agenda a day prior to the Summit.

I will reach out to Panono to see if they will comment.

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
They seem to have applied for insolvency procedures. (German only)
http://t3n.de/news/crowdfunding-panono-insolvent-824360/
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
One of my clients who engaged metroplex360.com for Matterport Tours invested in many Panonos for their company to capture 360 panos of their spec homes. They generally like the Panono, but wanted Matterport for better visuals and the walkthrough ability. The idea of tossing a sphere in the air to shoot a 360 is quite interesting. The strange use-case of this is enough that I truly hope they have patents in place and that another company would be interested in buying them. I think this is a good product with greater potential and am sad that they are having difficulties.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
PetraPixel (25 May 2017) Startup Behind Panono 360° Camera Ball Bankrupt After Raising $1.25M

I bought one on Indiegogo and sold it on eBay about a month later.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
They have a new investor now but I would not bet on this. If you want HQ 360 better use a custom rig.
Post 5 IP   flag post
PeterMcCready private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
I bought one on Indiegogo and sold it on eBay about a month later.

Same here to a certain extent Dan, I actually bought full price through Panono's website but also parted company with it just over a month later.

Many complained about the locked in nature of Panono, I liked the fact that they listened to the userbase and released a firmware update that facilitated direct access to the source imagery for external stitching, I wish Matterport would facilitate something like this in order to future proof work, extracting 360 snapshots individually is extremely tedious where large numbers of scans are involved!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PeterMcCready

We were both lucky to get our Panonos - and sell our Panonos - before Panono filed for bankruptcy protection.

Yup! Time for Matterport to enable full, high-quality exporting of 360ºs ... today - 18 July 2017 – there are 67 360º 1-click camera solutions. That wasn't the case when Matterport launched.

Dan

P.S. I believe it took 2.5 years for my Panono to arrive. Unfortunately, they did not nail the stitching.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?