Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GeoCVGoogle Street ViewGSVICNY18Predictions

Matterport to GSV Launches 23 Jan 2018?5915

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I could imagine that Matterport will officially launch Matterport to Google Street View publishing on Tuesday, 23 January 2018.

Three Reasons Why

1. Matterport news has always been driven by announcing news at conferences and trade shows. Matterport CEO Bill Brown is a speaker at the tech meets real state conference Inman Connect, 9:35 am Tuesday, 23 January 2018 in New York City.

Visual Revolution: Breakthroughs in Virtual Reality, 3D & Video...And What is New and Around the Bend?

"The consumer has never had better ways to view homes online. What are the latest developments that will improve the online visual experience, and what should you be prepared to offer your home sellers?"

On the panel with Bill Brown is GeoCV CEO & Co-Founder Dr. Anton Yakubenk (@AntonYakubenko)

I could imagine that GeoCV will announce GeoCV publishing to Google Street View during this Inman Connect session. I can't imagine that Bill wants Matterport outshined by a very similar startup with a fraction of the funding that has not even started marketing outside of the greater New York City area. (I could imagine GeoCV announcing at this conference, the service is now available across the United States.)

2. Matterport needs a large group of Beta Testers between now and the launch. As far as I know, Matterport has NOT started a beta test (though previously promised "Summer 2017" (and now "Winter" our specifying "Winter 2017" or "Winter 2018" ... Matterport has to start beta testing soon, to be ready for Bill to announce at Inman Connect.

2. I have not received a Matterport Newsletter in the last two weeks. That typically happens just before Matterport makes a major announcement.

I could imagine that all Matterport marketing and support team energy is going to writing the eblast, getting the website ready, etc. to announce beta testing for Matterport Google Street View Publishing. Matterport typically makes these kinds of announcements on Tuesday or Wednesdays to allow the tech team, support team and sales team to be able to respond quickly to inquires or issues.

I could imagine that Matterport wants to announce this beta test Tuesday, 12 December or Wednesday, 13 December; or, Matterport will be hard on their team with quickly approaching holidays.

What do you think? When will Matterport begin beta testing and/or public launch of Matterport to Google Street View publishing?

Happy holidays,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Interestingly I was just talking to Matterport Support on this matter this morning. I was told that we would be able to publish directly to Google Street View from within Matterport spaces... I have requested an exact date!

Yours,

Liam
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
So to clarify, GSV for all in January... And a very large beta release at... Any moment?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I just heard back,.. "not yet' was their response!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
So to clarify, GSV for all in January... And a very large beta release at... Any moment?

Yes. My predictions for Matterport to Google Street View publishing:

1. for all effective Tuesday, 23 January 2018 in New York City
2. for Beta Testers starting Tuesday, 12 December or Wednesday, 13 December 2017

Happy holidays,

Dan

@Liam_Tayler Ha! "Not Yet" could be tomorrow, next week, next month or next year Thanks for trying to get an actionable answer ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @DanSmigrod
I could imagine that Matterport wants to announce this beta test Tuesday, 12 December or Wednesday, 13 December [2017]; or, Matterport will be hard on their team with quickly approaching holidays.

So?

Will I be correct in predicting that Matterport will announce today (Wednesday, 13 December 2071) that it is ready to get started beta testing Matterport to Google Street View publishing made easy?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I hope you are right!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Helen

Well, if it is going to happen, it will be between now and 7 pm EST today (Wednesday, 13 December 2017).

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
michelg private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod, I trust you 😃
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

Yikes!

I am (more) likely to hit the Matterport to GSV Launches 23 Jan 2018 date than beta testing starting today or this week, but will see

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
michelg private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod
Anyway may The force be with you !
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

Thank you! Looks like I missed my prediction of the week.

Ugh!

Wishful thinking!

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@michelg

Matterport posted this today, Tuesday, 19 December 2017.

Best,

Dan
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@michelg

I was off by a week in predicting when a public Matterport beta would be announced

Perhaps it did begin sooner, but was not announced.

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod You're still golden! The private beta and public beta should not be confused. I'm thrilled to be involved with the private beta.

Other notes:
- Matterport GSV generates too many connections. On one hand, this only affects experiences that include arrow navigation -- which is mobile. Google has yet to unify the platform so it's hard to fault Matterport. In theory, the # of connections shouldn't be a problem if 'pancake' navigation is pushed to all platforms.

- It would appear that a last minute bug entered in that broke association of anything published with an actual place

Therefore... since nothing can actually be published to a place ... I'd say it's fair that Matterport GSV has not arrived yet
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360
@DanSmigrod You're still golden! ...

- It would appear that a last minute bug entered in that broke association of anything published with an actual place

Therefore... since nothing can actually be published to a place ... I'd say it's fair that Matterport GSV has not arrived yet

Fun hearing about how the sausage is made. This will all get resolved by 23 January 2018. Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
On the panel with Bill Brown is GeoCV CEO & Co-Founder Dr. Anton Yakubenk (@AntonYakubenko)

I could imagine that GeoCV will announce GeoCV publishing to Google Street View during this Inman Connect session. I can't imagine that Bill wants Matterport outshined by a very similar startup with a fraction of the funding that has not even started marketing outside of the greater New York City area. (I could imagine GeoCV announcing at this conference, the service is now available across the United States.)

Dan

--
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

An updated from Matterport in their newsletter to customers on Wednesday, 3 January 2018 ...

Dan

---

Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Use this link to join the Matterport to Google Street View beta ...

Use this link for Matterport Support pages on Google Street View

Dan
Post 18 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Will Matterport publishing to Google Street View (beta) move out of beta this week since Matterport CEO Bill Brown is on stage at Inman Connect Tuesday (23 January 2018)?

WGAN-TV Live: Matterport CEO Bill Brown

Dan

Post 19 IP   flag post
FurnitureScanner private msg quote post Address this user
Doubtful. I signed up for Beta access the day the page went live and I still haven't gotten access to GSV publishing.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
... If I were Bill Brown, I would announce that GSV launches January 24, 2018 ... because, you know -- Matterport read this forum.

And btw, all of the bugs that I'm aware of are fixed on Matterport's side. Google's side? Hehehe...
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Almost time to tune in to see if Matterport CEO Bill Brown gives the We Get Around Network Forum a shout-out for suggesting that he announce Matterport GSV launch announcement from stage at Inman Connect.

We go live shortly.

Dan
Post 22 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@DanSmigrod Good to see you bright and early reporting on the event! I wonder if Matterport have anything else exciting to share! I imagine more information on the RoOomie partnership too as this is likely of huge interest to this crowd!
Post 23 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV Live from Inman Connect - Matterport CEO Bill Brown and GeoCV Co-Founder Anton Yakubenko, PhD

@Metroplex360

I will start a couple of new discussions on news that Matterport CEO Bill Brown shared. No mention of Google Street View during this session.

Here is the video from Inman Connect NY 2018 session featuring Matterport CEO Bill Brown and GeoCV Co-Founder Anton Yakubenko, PhD.

Best,

Dan
Post 24 IP   flag post
benn1973 private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted my first streetview last night. After it uploaded it didnt have any navigation so I checked it out first thing this morning and now it is fully functional. I signed up as a beta tester after a few days.
I am far from impressed by the quality of the GSV its slow and cluncky.
check out
100 Gregory St, South West Rocks NSW Australia 2431
Post 25 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
@benn1973 It takes Google 24 hours to read the metadata from the images that make the connections appear.

Google Street view is slow and is clunky. Welcome aboard
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

Anyone else find this Matterport Tweet (23 January 2018) misleading? My understanding is that Matterport Publishing to Google Street View is still in beta and not everyone can publish to Google Street View (as this tweet implies).

Your thoughts?

Dan

Source: Matterport.com/gsv (today, Thursday, 25 January 2018)
Post 27 IP   flag post
LeventeSolczi private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport need a few months... I asked 3 important thing on phone, when M. call me on phone: Buy a new camera, but i needed answers:

1) When will be repaired the MAC safari light issue? - no answer

2) when will we be able to publish GSV - a few months... ))) remember: the spring of 2017 almost one year

3) when will we get the new firmw. update? - please contact support.

I spend a lot time about looking for the answers
Post 28 IP   flag post
101429 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?