Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianMatterport Ecosystem

Matterport Banned Me from their MSP Program?6466

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab: MSP Reset Password Page

Hi All,

I was not able to reset my password for the MSP Program. See screen grab above.

I could imagine that Matterport has banned me because they have not been too happy about me enabling the Community to have a public platform to amplify our voices among 14,000 monthly Visitors viewing 84,000 pages (in the last 30 days). We'll likely have 1,000,000 page views in the next 12 months. That's a lot of people researching which camera and platform they should decide on ...

Additionally, I did NOT receive the email from Matterport CEO Bill Brown announcing the changes. I am NOT receiving Matterport Newsletters.

I just sent an email to MSP@Matterport.com to ask for help resetting my MSP password and an email to Support@Matterport.com requesting to be added back to getting newsletters and important notifications. While it is possible that my spam filters have gobbled up these messages, I don't think so. Certainly could be a problem on my end.

Just seems too coincidental ...

It's now 5:50 pm EST on Saturday, 24 February 2018. I will let you know when I hear back and what the answers are ....

Stay tuned ...

Dan

P.S. Now more than ever you need a public platform to amplify your voice. I may ask for your help to keep me informed about the MSP Program, Newsletters and urgent communications from Matterport.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
I just had a post removed from the FB MOUG page
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Radie842
I just had a post removed from the FB MOUG page

I am not a Member. I could imagine they would not let me join. Perhaps I should apply to the private goup and see if they do.

Can you post what got deleted here?

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Radie842

---

Fahrenheit 451

"Fahrenheit 451 is a dystopian novel by American writer Ray Bradbury, published in 1953. It is regarded as one of his best works.[3] The novel presents a future American society where books are outlawed and "firemen" burn any that are found.[4] The book's tagline explains the title: "Fahrenheit 451 – the temperature at which book paper catches fire, and burns..." The lead character is a fireman named Montag who becomes disillusioned with the role of censoring works and destroying knowledge, eventually quitting his job and joining a resistance group who memorize and share the world's greatest literary and cultural works."

"The novel has been the subject of interpretations focusing on the historical role of book burning in suppressing dissenting ideas. In a 1956 radio interview,[5] Bradbury stated that he wrote Fahrenheit 451 because of his concerns at the time (during the McCarthy era) about the threat of book burning in the United States. In later years, he described the book as a commentary on how mass media reduces interest in reading literature.[6]"

Source: Wikipedia

---

Best,

Montag
Post 4 IP   flag post
Gibbsboro, NJ
Radie842 private msg quote post Address this user
My post was for my other company that sells swag. But at the end of the post I put when we sell you something you own it
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@Radie842

From the Matterport Rules for its discussions ...

Seems like you meet their eligibility requirements. Branded merchandise to help promote Members. I wear an extra small. Head size may be larger.

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod I deleted the @Radie84 post from MOUG because he was selling swag with the MSP logo and not an approved vendor. It's like the MSP rider signs, there are approved vendors you can by from on the MSP portal or online, and they have received permission to reproduce the mark on these items.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Snap private msg quote post Address this user
OMG!!!! Oh Dan... I am SO SO SO VERY SORRY!!! It may have been my fault....I posted this on their forum:

I didn't even think that would implicate you in that way....I just wanted to let every MSP know that there are sites like yours for support through this...OMG....
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Snap many of us where born at night, but not last night.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Snap
OMG!!!! Oh Dan... I am SO SO SO VERY SORRY!!! It may have been my fault....I posted this on their forum:

I didn't even think that would implicate you in that way....I just wanted to let every MSP know that there are sites like yours for support through this...OMG....

@Snap

Much appreciated for sharing here. And, please do feel free to post more.

I apologize to the Community that I am a distraction to the discussion about the draconian TOS that has incensed us all.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post

I made a formal apology Dan... I’m so very sorry, I’m in tears and frustrated beyond belief, I should have kept my mouth shut...
Post 11 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod take a look at Google's ToS - for anyone publishing to Street View. clickable text

A lot of people have their knickers in a knot and we have been under Google's ToS for a long time publishing to Street View

Your Content in our Services
Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.

When you upload, submit, store, send or receive content to or through our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide license to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works (such as those resulting from translations, adaptations or other changes we make so that your content works better with our Services), communicate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute such content. The rights you grant in this license are for the limited purpose of operating, promoting, and improving our Services, and to develop new ones. This license continues even if you stop using our Services (for example, for a business listing you have added to Google Maps). Some Services may offer you ways to access and remove content that has been provided to that Service. Also, in some of our Services, there are terms or settings that narrow the scope of our use of the content submitted in those Services. Make sure you have the necessary rights to grant us this license for any content that you submit to our Services.
Post 12 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@TrustedPhotoDC
1. I can watermark my images
2. I can delete my images
3. Google is not going to sell my images
4. The images are posted per request of the business owner on their business, on maps, street view and Google+ for example
5. Google isn’t going to resell the images to the next business owner if they request it.
6. Google is free
7. I don’t have to use a propriatory camera to post images on Google

= You can not compare Google with MP
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

For clarification, I am still able to process and publish to Matterport.

I only seem to be locked out of the MSP program.

If you are vocal hear and get locked out, please do post about that here.

I could imagine that I am the only one that has been singled out as the Founder of the We Get Around Network.

Best,

Dan
Post 14 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod no one is getting locked out or singled out. LEt's take off the tin-foil hats. People may have never set up their new password for the new portal when it was changed from a single password to the user name system, this seems to be the issue 9 times out of 10. The 10 is it's just not working.

If your P/W needs to be reset, you will have to wait until normal business hours.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@grmngrl You really don't know what you don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
@TrustedPhotoDC
1. I can watermark my images
2. I can delete my images
3. Google is not going to sell my images
4. The images are posted per request of the business owner on their business, on maps, street view and Google+ for example
5. Google isn’t going to resell the images to the next business owner if they request it.
6. Google is free
7. I don’t have to use a propriatory camera to post images on Google

= You can not compare Google with MP
Post 16 IP   flag post
@TrustedPhotoDC I never claim to know the things that I do not know. Thank you for pointing that out.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
@TrustedPhotoDC I never claim to know the things that I do not know. Thank you for pointing that out.

He didn’t point anything out or answer your powerful post.

Matterport’s act was premeditated. They didn’t wake up days ago and decide to do this. It was calculated and it’s backfiring.

The thing everyone is seeing from this is the end user ,end agent, end brokerage ramifications. This helps you the MSP because they expected to take you on but not the thousands you represent by doing the scans.

They will retrench and get rid of the analysts who advised into this fiasco and find a better solution that makes you the MSP happy or it gets around the legal issues that would follow by the end users.

The one thing they cant fix is the trust broken. Sure they can call the clueless and get them to drink the koolaid but this broke trust is something hose with an IQ higher then their shoe size or not needing attention will not forget.

Now it IS something you forgive and not forget and keep going after business with. While everyone is fixating on this you should be closing deals and getting scans booked. Shift from Matterport only to offering iguide, hdr Photography and video and aerial ,etc. spread your business risk by being a marketer of virtual reality services so when Matterport comes back in 9 months with their new and improved TOS and you don’t like it then you have other things to sustain your business and you don’t feel cornered.

Now until Dan and WGA there wasn’t a place to get all of the tools to make your business succeed ( which the bad talkers never used fully on their sites). Matterport canned their forum and then brought it back. In the meantime Dan has made alliances and posts and YouTube meetings to help.

So to make it seem like because dan wants to be paid for doing all he does is a bad thing is funny. Matterport gets paid when you buy the camera and monthly and, up until dan’s Business kept throwing it in their face, when they release stuff that are similar to what dan has done in the near future they will be paid for that too. There is nothing wrong with that either by the way.

Realtor.com sucked in the 90’s till zillow came around and now after sooooo many years they finally have a product that they should have had before they were forced into it.

This forum is for all and the only time you get deleted is when you are trying to sell stuff just like Matterport forum rules.

Don’t be swayed by those stating this and that. They drank the cool aid and got attention and are under the ether now.

Look at actions not talk. Go to the members benefits and then look anywhere else and see what they are offering (cricket sounds)

Dan is reputable, capitalistic (but never sold something then retroactively cheapened it’s value and exposed you to a loss of income and lost your trust), shrewd but also innovative and sees how to help you all to succeed.

Google Matterport and your city and I bet there is a we get around link page one. Sooo many people tell me they can’t figure out all of the free stuff they get to put on their site. I can go on.

So Matterport didn’t approach it right. Forgive them. This person said this or that. Let it go. Get to work 70% of your work time on booking business and spend the rest on keeping your thumb on this and stay on top of it to make sure that things get back to before this. I’m not a lawyer but it seems their TOS is not enforceable and when it hits courts all over the country judges review it? It’s like south park’s Apple terms of use and conditions skit. It’s like putting a clause that you have to go back in time and get every client and their client to sign a waiver to.... oh wait that is in there
Post 18 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain I like what you said. Makes a lot of cents. Just watched the South Park sketch , made me forget about all this. Thank you . Just wish it was safe to post on here lol
Post 19 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Don’t let this get free rent in your head and glad you watched it and laughed. Don’t forget though,because you have to watch things to make sure things work out.

However, go do something fun today and embrace Monday recharged and go get a deal!
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to see things not working out for everyone including yourself @DanSmigrod.
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

As of 8 am EST Tuesday (27 February 2018), I have not heard back from either:

MSP@Matterport.com
Support@Matterport.com

About my post 5:50 pm EST Sunday, 24 February 2018 ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

Screen Grab: MSP Reset Password Page

Hi All,

I was not able to reset my password for the MSP Program. See screen grab above.

I could imagine that Matterport has banned me because they have not been too happy about me enabling the Community to have a public platform to amplify our voices among 14,000 monthly Visitors viewing 84,000 pages (in the last 30 days). We'll likely have 1,000,000 page views in the next 12 months. That's a lot of people researching which camera and platform they should decide on ...

Additionally, I did NOT receive the email from Matterport CEO Bill Brown announcing the changes. I am NOT receiving Matterport Newsletters.

I just sent an email to MSP@Matterport.com to ask for help resetting my MSP password and an email to Support@Matterport.com requesting to be added back to getting newsletters and important notifications. While it is possible that my spam filters have gobbled up these messages, I don't think so. Certainly could be a problem on my end.

Just seems too coincidental ...

It's now 5:50 pm EST on Saturday, 24 February 2018. I will let you know when I hear back and what the answers are ....

Stay tuned ...

Dan

P.S. Now more than ever you need a public platform to amplify your voice. I may ask for your help to keep me informed about the MSP Program, Newsletters and urgent communications from Matterport.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I am so very sorry for all of this Dan...people seem to forget that there was a time when MOUG did not exist and reaching out to the Matterport forum and technical support often left us with delayed / empty answers or no answers at all...your forum was the only prompt, reliable way of support for us MSPs...it gave us the opportunity to connect us with third party services we otherwise would have never known existed. You haven't been given the credit you deserve and I apologize for putting the spotlight on you...

My reaction was fueled from their constant lack of support, lack of communication and soliciting my clients. The TOS / Ecosystem announcement put me over the edge and my anger got the better of me. I now wished I could have voiced my opinion more tactfully - that didn't implicate you and your forum, I just wanted other MSP's to know that your network existed, but now that has obviously backfired...I hope this is a temporary problem and you are able to sign back in...

I think what surprised me the most from all this, is all the deception - seeing active members on this forum quickly siding with the CEO on MOUG, yet siding with you on this site. Where's the loyalty and transparency? Really disappointing to see...
Post 23 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@Dan I can't figure out how to log into the MSP program either. I just haven't bothered to reconcile this yet.

And to be fair to those whose posts were reposted, I'll throw myself under the bus before someone else does. I posted the same thing that I told Dan. And, I hope that anyone reading this recognizes that I Dan's Matty Awards aftershow. It was very appropriate and a genius idea.

Post 24 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Snap

I you! (Please don't tell my wife!)

@Metroplex360

I you too! (Please don't tell my wife!)

Here are some earlier links to the: We Get Around Network Forum

www.WGAN-TV.com
www.WeGetAroundNetworkForum.com
www.MatterPeeps.com

BTW, changed my badge name to Loose Canon with a Microphone from Mayor and Sheriff

Best,

Dan

P.S. I apologize to WGAN Forum Members for being a distraction to the important discussion of the Matterport Ecosystem announcement and temporary "roll-back" for re-tooling.
Post 25 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

As of 8:30 am EST Wednesday (28 February 2018), I have not heard back from either:

MSP@Matterport.com
Support@Matterport.com

About my post 5:50 pm EST Sunday, 24 February 2018 ...

That's two full business days: no answer.

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod have you tried to submit a ticket in your MP cloud account? I must say that I am kind of surprised by the prompt MP customer service that I received on 2 of my latest questions. I opened a ticket in my cloud account and had a response within hours.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@grmngrl

Great idea. Just submitted.

Dan

10:50 am EST Wednesday, 28 February 2018.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

@grmngrl

WOW! That was fast! Looks like I am making progress on getting important email notifications and newsletters.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. that's 1 of 2 issues. This is about the newsletters and emails from Bill Brown that I have not received ...
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 30 IP   flag post
101641 46 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?