Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Multiple FloorsStairs

Stairs and Second Floor Scan34

CharlieB private msg quote post Address this user
When I was scanning my last house

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/32/a-new-scan-question/

I started up the stairs and still had my setting on Main Floor. So I tried the Edit feature and then selected all of the scans that I had done on the stairs...at that time it was about 8-10 sweeps....and I was able to move them to the Second Floor/Studio scan and had no issues doing so.

It worked like a charm.

But that brought up the question that I had....when do you start your sweeps on a upper or lower level? Do you start your second floor at the start of the stairs or after you get to the next level?

Best Practices?
Post 1 IP   flag post
GarySnyder private msg quote post Address this user
Good point, we probably need to hear from Matterport. Have you looked at the new instruction manual which they updated with the new app?
Post 2 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
What I've heard from Bob Horn at Matterport is that the stairs belong to the lower of the two floors. If you're working your way up the stairs, continue to scan into the lower floor all the way to the landing at the top of the stairs (actually on the upper floor). That scan at the top of the stairs is then moved to the upper floor.

If you're working your way down the stairs, keep scanning into the floor you're coming from, until just before you get to the lower floor. Move all the scans from the stairs to the lower floor, then scan at the bottom of the stairs on the lower floor.

This is the procedure Bob talked me through yesterday, so it definitely applies to Capture 2.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
101429 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?