Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 675 Unique Visitors
9,062 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,047 Page Views | 18,981 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Should I buy a backup Matterport Pro Camera?3170

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

A We Get Around Referral Network Member writes:

"Does it make sense to have two - in case one fails?"

My reply:

No. We Get Around can always find a Pro that would be willing to drive to your market to scan with you while you are dealing with replacing or fixing your camera.

If you have more than one Pro in your market; make friends. One day you may need to call your competitor for help.

Matterport called me twice to help out a Pro. That's how I met now We Get Around Associate Photographer and Architect @YairYepez ...

The second time Matterport called me about a Camera failure was when a Pro was flying internationally and asked if I could give him my camera at 6 am at the Atlanta Airport (and they would replace mine). Instead, we met at midnight near Starbucks and Matterport shipped me a replacement Camera before my next job. Turns out that I ended up with a newer model camera as result.

I was Paying It Forward twice without any expectation of anything in return and two great things happened as a result of that.

Has your camera failed? How did you handle jobs in progress?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
3rd Party
Service
Myrtle Beach, SC
ArtisticConcepts private msg quote post Address this user
I've wondered about that. I'm glad you asked and I look forward to the responses.

On my last job, I was 3/4 of the way through the shoot and I had just setup for a scan and as I was walking away from the camera, the cord from my backup charger for my iPad Pro got snagged on the tripod. I freaked out and turned around to see the whole rig falling toward the ground. In what seemed like slow motion, I leapt forward and cradled it as it fell and thankfully all was well.

The client, who was on the front porch at the time, heard the commotion and came in to check on me. She thought I had fallen because she had just waxed the floors before I arrived. I told her what happened and then my mind started running through what I would have done if the situation had not ended on such a positive note.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticConcepts
I've wondered about that. I'm glad you asked and I look forward to the responses.

On my last job, I was 3/4 of the way through the shoot and I had just setup for a scan and as I was walking away from the camera, the cord from my backup charger for my iPad Pro got snagged on the tripod. I freaked out and turned around to see the whole rig falling toward the ground. In what seemed like slow motion, I leapt forward and cradled it as it fell and thankfully all was well.

This just happened to me 3 hours ago. Had the tripod awkwardly narrow for a tight spot and heard a horrifying crash from the other room as I was scanning. The case shows damage and it needed a reboot, but it appears to be scanning just fine. Just so you know, a tripod and matterport slamming into tile is a horrifying sound.

My first thought was to come here and find someone to finish the tour.

Thankfully, I believe all is well.

One wonderful thing is that now that we have the 360 Views option, we can also check to make sure our optics are working 😁

Dan... Would you consider implementing a system in your referral network whereby we can setup a backup photographer?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
This begs the question: Does anyone have actual experience with starting a project with one Matterport camera and completing it with another one?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

So glad to hear that your camera is okay. Yikes! Frightening.

About ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Metroplex360

Dan... Would you consider implementing a system in your referral network whereby we can setup a backup photographer?

... seems like if/when it happens, time for the We Get Around Referral Network to find a Pro, based on the circumstances at the moment.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

BTW, We Get Around Referral Network Members that pre-pay 18 months of Premium Membership get $15,000 in Camera-Gear Insurance. (We do this by rebating a PPA Professional Active Membership without Indemnification Trust that includes this insurance.)

For We Get Around Camera Gear and accessories, our insurance agent added a rider to our business insurance policy.

You should ask your insurance agent for the same coverage. PPA has other Membership benefits, including other insurance options designed for photographers.

Dan

Post 6 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnLoser,
I had to swap out cameras on a scan about a year ago. There were no problems and the final product came out perfectly.
Jon
Post 7 IP   flag post
101860 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?