Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
RobotsROSSUnitree

Robots for 360 photographer to automate or semi automate capturing process15111

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
The only downside the tank is quite noisy running on ceramic indoor tiles and generally not quiet at all.

It will chase away pets

Looking forward to your videos. And, thanks for keeping us posted. Super-exciting.

(And, glad that you are busy.)

Dan
Post 26 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
(And, glad that you are busy.)

That will be another monstrocity. It already has 950 scans and I believe it is not the end. I have two more full days there booked and going there tomorrow and on Saturday again.
Post 27 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Okay so what we need to do is create a auto leveling photography head with a gyro that will automatically perfectly balance itself, when affixed to a moving object or a fixed tripod or monopod. I think this is the only way to get perfectly level camera and 3D VR shots every time.
Post 28 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GETMYVR
Okay so what we need to do is create a auto leveling photography head with a gyro that will automatically perfectly balance itself, when affixed to a moving object or a fixed tripod or monopod. I think this is the only way to get perfectly level camera and 3D VR shots every time

If you mean a Matterport camera then yes but some one click cameras such as a Pilot Era have auto leveling function. So when you use it on a rover perfect leveling is not that important. For anything else it may be worth considering a leveled monopod which simply has a weight at the bottom and keeps a camera leveled. The only problem I do not think it is going to work with a rover accelerating or slowing down. However I have never tested it so it may be just a wrong assumption.
Post 29 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

LinkedIn Link

@Wingman

You probably saw this, but just in case…

Dan
Post 30 IP   flag post

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
You probably saw this, but just in case…

Yes Dan, I saw it just a couple of minutes ago on Facebook and found this exact dolly for sale at http://www.stabilizer-pro.com/products/360-dolly-vr-rc-car-w-payload-10kg a few months ago. It looks great but its cost is also big.
Post 31 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: This Robot Walks, Flies, Skateboards, Slacklines | Video courtesy of Veritasium YouTube Channel | 16 October 2021

@Wingman

Is this what you are building?

Dan
Post 32 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
No Dan, mine is going to be much simpler. I finally decided not to swear about my tank top plate and drilled some holes in it and mounted some pole from a local hardware store. Now I just need to build s small connector to mount a monopod on it. Basically it is just a round wooden plug for a pole to hold a 3/8 screw in it to screw the monopod on top. This will be a version 1.0.

Then next and only when I have time and funds I will get something like pixhawk 4 with a rover firmware, some nice RC android controller with 1/2 fpv cameras. That should add all telemetry data and it will allow me to see where I am going through the RC controller and fpv cameras. For outdoor it will add a possibility to use all Pixhawk associated apps. That will be version 2.0
However to get all this I will need at least AU$1000 and I am short on any cash now.

One downside of the tank if I have not mentioned it here already is that the tank metal tracks are very noisy and I would not use it indoor on somebody's floor as it can scratch it during turns. I was thinking of buying wheels and swap tracks with them when I'd need to do something indoor.
Post 33 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

From Facebook

@Wingman

Photo above for inspiration!

(And, check out the (likely quiet) wheels.

Dan
Post 34 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Jetson One - Official Launch | Video courtesy of Jetson YouTube Channel | 21 October 2021

@Wingman

Can you build one of these too ...?

Dan
Post 35 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Imagine you put something like this on it RIEGL VZ-6000

It has 6000m scanning range and you will be a king of the Earth. However you will need to find about $1-1.5m to buy this scanner alone.
Post 36 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
This is not a final version with a camera mounting on the tank and it is definitely not the quality of video I want but it shows an idea. Look at nadir to see how very little of the tank you see. A black piece that is flapping is just a piece on my tripod that theoretically can be removed.

As for the video quality I am not sure why it is so bad coming from Qoocam 8K. It has been recorded in 8K and stitched in Qoocam Studio.

A mounting pole I use is from a hardware store. I do not think it was a good idea to use it as it is built from thin metal and it is not that strong. I am back to making a tree legged support with legs being at least 40-50cm to add extra holding point for a monopod.

I will try to do the same test with a Pilot Era mounted but only after I build a better monopod support.

And for noise I realised it straight away when I got the tank. I think in most cases wheels will be much quitter and better than metal tracks. And speed of turning needs to be adjusted to add smooth and controlled turns.

Post 37 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Below is a picture of what it looks like

Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the video and the photo.

I could imagine all great inventors have to iterate. It will be interesting if you solve the audio challenge.

Dan
Post 39 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thanks Dan, I am not really an inventor, just trying to use what's available to make business things easier/better.

Just learnt from my laser cutting business that I can automate a lot of things from replying to customers to handling shipping orders from multiple selling channels in one single software. And then since my orders are custom learnt how to pack anything using pallet cardboard sheets that are 5 times cheaper than a biggest box you can make from them. It saves a lot of time & money later and sometimes it costs nothing or very little.

For a wheeled version I am thinking either doing it by removing the tracks from the tank and adding wheels that would just cost me a bit for wheels and very little to do. Or simply build a new frame for a wheeled version and re-use the same electronics. There is nothing soldered, just connected with connectors. It will take 1-2 minutes to get it from one chassis and put it in the other. However for that I will need either exactly the same motors or similar in specs as I have not received any code for programming my arduino to the current configuration and anything that won't match will cose writing everything from scratch.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Pau private msg quote post Address this user
And why not use the controlled Roborock S6 MaxV as if it were a remote-controlled car.
Post 41 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 42 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 44 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

This may be helpful ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @alirizacil
Check this out. This may be a solution:
clickable text

It's from the WGAN Forum discussion:

- Matterport scanning automation?

Dan
Post 45 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 46 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 47 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Tonight Showbotics: Boston Dynamics Robot Dances to BTS’ IONIQ: I’m On It | The Tonight Show | Video courtesy of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon | 1 February 2022
Post 48 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Source: Riegl USA
Post 49 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman I saw the robot Segway created and with a BLK360 type camera could do some damage.

https://robotics.segway.com/
Post 51 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Thanks @GETMYVR I will check.

I am actually not working with the tank idea anymore. I will probably sell it. It is just too noisy and its metal tracks can be too dangerous to a floor.

What I figured out instead you can get a mobility scooter(the one seniors using to move) and modify it to make a robot from it. There is even a video with one being converted that way.

So I got an old working scooter for $250 AUD, bought two new 50AH car batteries and that what I will try to turn into a robot.

I will need about $1000 AUD for parts to do it which I do not have now. So until I get more funds I and my kids are riding it around our house so they can get some driving experience :-)
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

TechCrunch (30 March 2022) Boston Dynamics’ logistics robot is available for purchase

Dan
Post 53 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I purchased something very cool(powered smart wheels) for my camera dolly project and planning to do two versions of an electric camera dolly with it. One is for indoor and includes making a frame for my manfrotto tripod to use it indoors on a smooth floor and the other is for using on a rover outdoor.

The Smart wheels have been created & sold for using them with golf carts turning push ones into electric. RRP for them is quite high($1500 AUD for a pair) but I could get used one in great condition for $700 AUD.

They are cool invention with a bluetooth control and even batteries built in them. You can hook them to any frame with a bit of work, turn them on and start controlling them with the remote including steering control.

So far I do not know if I can control them programmatically(need to talk with their manufacturer to see if they have SDK/API for them) but the fact that as soon as I put the frame for dolly together and add mounting points for the wheels, add something like a pram swivel castor at the front I have the whole tripod dolly ready makes it very simple to put together fast.

Post 55 IP   flag post
101721 80 30