Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 666 Unique Visitors
9,061 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,289 Page Views | 18,665 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Fake email from matterport1314

Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all

Be on the lookout for a spam email from matterport.

It comes from janet@matterport.com and has a dropbox link which prompts you for a username and password

The subject line simply daid documebt (spelled that way)
Post 1 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jamie, I got it to. I contacted Matterport and they said Janet's email had been compromised.

Delete it upon receipt.
Post 2 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
It would be good if MP sent out something telling it was fake. Thank y'all, I also received but didn't know better.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Be careful about talking about this subject on Matterport Users Group in Facebook. I got kicked out of the group today for commenting about this topic and suggesting this forum to be a great resource for information relating to Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Why would you get kicked out for warning about spam?
Post 5 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Leads me to believe that someone in that group created the spam email. I would be a great detective.
Post 6 IP   flag post
3d scan and private eye service huh. Interesting combination
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Someone posted a screen shot of this posting on the Facebook group and I referred to this forum as a great place to look for answers before posting them on Facebook. I must have sparked a nerve giving more credit to this page over the Facebook page for Matterport information.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The following eBlast was sent by Matterport Support at 2:30 pm EST on Sunday, 21 February.

----

Dear Matterport Customer -

Please be advised that one of our employee’s email accounts was temporarily compromised, and a phishing email was sent out from her account. This email has been received by some customers.

Please do not open any email from Janet Day (janet@matterport.com) or click on any link within such email. Please delete it immediately.

This particular email had the subject heading of “documebt” that claims to be sharing a Dropbox file. There does not appear to be any viruses attached to the email. If you clicked the link, it would have taken you to a non-Matterport site and prompted you for login credentials. If you happened to click on the link in the email and entered your password, we recommend changing your password immediately.

Your personal information, Cloud models, and billing information remain secure.

This appears to be an isolated incident. We are currently researching further, as well as taking steps to prevent this from occurring in the future. We will send out additional communications if warranted.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please be advised that our customers’ security is extremely important to us. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Matterport

Copyright © 2015 Matterport Inc.
All rights reserved

140 S. Whisman Rd, Suite A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Corporate Office
+1 (650) 641-2241
Post 9 IP   flag post
101814 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?