Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Wish List

Wish List: New Paid Services by Matterport3809

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

What's on your 'Wish List' for additional Matterport Paid Services ...?

@Metroplex360 sent me his list. Seems like a great list to kick off this ...

Wish List: New Paid Services by Matterport

Best,

Dan

--

New Paid Services by Matterport Wish List

Image Blurring & Removal of Camera from Mirrors

An unavoidable reflection of a camera in a mirror is one of the largest headaches for MSPs. The ability to MARK appearances of a reflected camera on a pano and to REQUEST removal by Matterport would be a valuable service to offer. It would serve best as as paid-service to ensure quality and consistency.

Matterport Swag Shop

Availability of Matterport branded T-Shirts, Polos, Hats, Coffee Mugs and Mousepads would provide additional revenue for Matterport, countless hours of joy for MSPs, and new possibilities for spouses searching for gift ideas at Christmas time.

Download Point Clouds

These files are already generated. Add a button to download in the My.Matterport Portal for $10.

Export "Photospheres"

Allow creation of a stitched set of all panos, or a selection of panos could be generated for use on Facebook or Google Street View at a fee. Suggestion - $10 at 1K Tile Size / $18 at 2K Tile Size
Post 1 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Allow creation of a stitched set of all panos, or a selection of panos could be generated for use on Facebook or Google Street View at a fee. Suggestion - $10 at 1K Tile Size / $18 at 2K Tile Size

You mean $10 or $ 18 per tour, no matter the number of shots?

Maybe a few cents per stitched pano and you can select which panos to create...
Post 2 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod whaaat????
Why would I have to pay for my own images.
I am sorry but to pay for sphericals being on a whish list is very strange request! That is like nickel and diming to squeeze more money out a client. To make the images available does not require any development on MP side.
I pay already to use the service.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
The Point Clouds are already free.

Photo spheres should be included.

Blurring would be nice for not just camera reflections but also sensitive items like family photos, faces, company secrets.

As a means of developing their tech MP needs to keeps its camera operators. Charging extra for everything will cause people to either jump ship or just not bother with those options. This will not help them with R&D. Plus they leave themselves open to a new company having an easy way to lure customers away.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmngrl
@DanSmigrod whaaat????
Why would I have to pay for my own images.
I am sorry but to pay for sphericals being on a whish list is very strange request! That is like nickel and diming to squeeze more money out a client. To make the images available does not require any development on MP side.
I pay already to use the service.

I agree. I would not wish to pay for items that should be free, and as @DSPhoto remarked, you can already get the point clouds at no cost.
Post 5 IP   flag post
JC3DCX private msg quote post Address this user
ouch, its already very exspensive when youre not earning USD, now more costs. My customers will not be prepared to pay for something they see as already part of the process on the servers of Matterport.
Post 6 IP   flag post
DSPhoto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC3DCX
ouch, its already very exspensive when youre not earning USD, now more costs. My customers will not be prepared to pay for something they see as already part of the process on the servers of Matterport.

Very valid point. There has to be a need by our clients.

At the same time new services can expand our client base. I am meeting with people who are interested in the Point Cloud capabilities. I know nothing about them and the software that uses them but as long as a client does great. Having diversity in my clients helps smooth out the peaks and valleys a one industry client base.
Post 7 IP   flag post
lawtobi private msg quote post Address this user
musical tracks for auto play during walk through tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My belief that panos should cost $ come from this logic:

#1) Matterport is NOT generating prestitched panos already.
#2) Stitching panos and adding meta data to make them Facebook 360 compatible is a service. Cloud processing is a service that can be monetized.
#3) Matterport have the opportunity to add a nadir cap with their branding. This would keep in line their policy of branding items like Schematic Floorplans.

While my view may not be popular, and I've already demonstrated that extraction of cube faces is possible (but not allowed), I believe that proposing this as an added-value for both MSPs and Matterport ($) makes it seem more realistic.

--

@DSPhoto Point clouds are free?! Then why aren't they available to download without request? Matterport is already generating them for EVERY SINGLE MODEL as a standard part of their cloud processing. I don't understand why they need a gatekeeping system in place unless they are planning on monetizing this.
Post 9 IP   flag post
grmngrl private msg quote post Address this user
@Metroplex360 the added value is not only for us but, MP would be opening up their camera market to a whole new set of potential buyers. Which they might not be able to attract if they charge an additional fee on top of the fee that it already cost per model. There will be better and better 360 cameras out there where no hosting fee or fee applies. I will not pay for any additional cost of what already should be included. The sphericals have to be processed no matter of giving us access our not. It is the same as if they would charge us for the snap shots. So, well if you are that willing to pay why not pay for them as well?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@grmngrl Hey, I agree. I would love them to be free too. Hopefully they read this post and it helps them to see how people would react!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101425 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?